• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've heard Geno from my NoA contact, but he's only heard Geno as an office rumor, not full on confirmation. That's why I'm hesitant to say Geno is definitely DLC, but I feel like he has a good shot for that reason.

Banjo I've heard absolutely nothing about, even from other contacts. As you may know, I'm actively friends with Xenother, and I can tell you he hasn't either.
In your opinion, have you heard enough about the other 5 to think that it's unlikely Banjo is DLC or is it possible it's one of those things they're being very hush on purpose? I'm not sure how you guys hear information to know if it's one of those "we heard nothing about it so it's very unlikely" or if it's one of those "we've heard nothing so it's could be a surprise to us", type things. I'm going to remain under the idea of not believing anything 100% until it's revealed mindsets, but I don't doubt that you and others hear things from people in the know.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
In your opinion, have you heard enough about the other 5 to think that it's unlikely Banjo is DLC or is it possible it's one of those things they're being very hush on purpose? I'm not sure how you guys hear information to know if it's one of those "we heard nothing about it so it's very unlikely" or if it's one of those "we've heard nothing so it's could be a surprise to us", type things. I'm going to remain under the idea of not believing anything 100% until it's revealed mindsets, but I don't doubt that you and others hear things from people in the know.
I actually have the same mindset that you have about not believing deconfirmations unless we know for sure who it is. And so far, the only names going around in insider circles that I know of are the ones in that SE list, Minecraft, and two Namco names. Of course, I know some people like to twist my words so I'm not going to specifically give out names I (and others) aren't quite sure of yet, such as the Namco ones. Even with the SE list, I'm not quite sure which name it is. The fact of the matter is that everybody is hearing a variety of different names, some heard more than others such as Erdrick.

In regards to Minecraft, I personally haven't heard it much. Some other insiders or leakers have not heard it at all or heard it very little. I think it's possible, since Verge has great credibility for this game in particular, but I'm not sure enough to make a call on it myself. I think Banjo has a fair shot. Hope nobody twists my words on this one, lol...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I actually have the same mindset that you have about not believing deconfirmations unless we know for sure who it is. And so far, the only names going around in insider circles that I know of are the ones in that SE list, Minecraft, and two Namco names. Of course, I know some people like to twist my words so I'm not going to specifically give out names I (and others) aren't quite sure of yet, such as the Namco ones. Even with the SE list, I'm not quite sure which name it is. The fact of the matter is that everybody is hearing a variety of different names, some heard more than others such as Erdrick.

In regards to Minecraft, I personally haven't heard it much. Some other insiders or leakers have not heard it at all or heard it very little. I think it's possible, since Verge has great credibility for this game in particular, but I'm not sure enough to make a call on it myself. I think Banjo has a fair shot. Hope nobody twists my words on this one, lol...
Haha, thanks for the input. To be clear, I'm not one of those headhunters, I like to hear things from all sides of all different people. I'm not an enemy, even if you thought Banjo's chances were 0%. Thanks for taking the time to stop in our board all the same! My fingers are crossed for Banjo but I'm excited for whatever DLC comes our way.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
You and the other person that was brought up, fatmanonice I think
Fatmanonice is an old member here. He was a mod way back in the Brawl days. He is NOT a leaker. What he shares is stuff he's heard from me and insiders I know.
I've shared my NoA contact's personal information with over 20 users on here, so I'm not too comfortable sharing it again... All I can say is that my source is a Nintendo Brand Ambassador, and that I also have ties with a few other leakers such as Xenother. I only recently decided to go public with the things my source has told me, as it was mostly him privately giving me information previously. All of the people I shared his personal information to can vouche to me. I know Rummy can especially, and PsychoIncarnate.

If you go back a few pages, there were a few posts such as the ones by Foresaken M who explained the stuff my source successfully leaked before, like Isabelle being the lone reveal in the sept direct along with the AC game being revealed at the very end. He only gets information as it comes, so his info is limited currently.

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Fatmanonice is an old member here. He was a mod way back in the Brawl days. He is NOT a leaker. What he shares is stuff he's heard from me and insiders I know.
I've shared my NoA contact's personal information with over 20 users on here, so I'm not too comfortable sharing it again... All I can say is that my source is a Nintendo Brand Ambassador, and that I also have ties with a few other leakers such as Xenother. I only recently decided to go public with the things my source has told me, as it was mostly him privately giving me information previously. All of the people I shared his personal information to can vouche to me. I know Rummy can especially, and PsychoIncarnate.

If you go back a few pages, there were a few posts such as the ones by Foresaken M who explained the stuff my source successfully leaked before, like Isabelle being the lone reveal in the sept direct along with the AC game being revealed at the very end. He only gets information as it comes, so his info is limited currently.

Alright, thats good to know. Thank you. I can see where you're coming from now.

Time to take this COMPLETELY out of context. /s Serious though That's interesting information, thank you for sharing it. I hope you're right about Banjo having a fair shot. But you know, we'll never know 100% until everyone's revealed or he is, so I'm going to remain hopeful but not expecting anything.

Thank you again for sharing this info.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PolarPanda's got some legit sources. Fatman used to be a mod during Brawl and Smash 4.

---

I'm betting on Banjo getting in, but who knows?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Basically, if I understand correctly, he's saying that a character that boomers will like and zoomers wouldn't care about has been included. A character that older fans will appreciate to see them come back, and be encouraged to return to Smash for the character in question. Also, the character isn't too actively wanted.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think they ever said it was a character specifically.

EDIT: I absolutely am wrong and was thinking about something else he was talking about.

Last edited:
I've heard Geno from my NoA contact, but he's only heard Geno as an office rumor, not full on confirmation. That's why I'm hesitant to say Geno is definitely DLC, but I feel like he has a good shot for that reason.

Banjo I've heard absolutely nothing about, even from other contacts. As you may know, I'm actively friends with Xenother, and I can tell you he hasn't either.
Yikes, Xenother? Didn’t he just barely pop up out of nowhere regurgitating everything Hitagi is saying? I don’t know how seriously I take them

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Everything being said just makes me feel like Minecraft was a disguise for a cretain character.

While it may look like my bias speaking Banjo would be by far one of the biggest character inclusions in Smash ever... for one reason mostly.

He's a first party Microsoft owned character in a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console and that's practically unheard of. He's not like Simon, Sonic, Cloud etc. Who are 3rd party software company characters getting into Smash this is for all intent's and purposes an Xbox character. Yes he has origins on a Nintendo system but his parent company is first party owned developer for Microsoft. Banjo in Smash would be a far bigger thing than many people realize. While MS may not have been as active in the usage of the character he's still very much theirs and while it might not be as mind shattering a Master Chief showing up in Smash it's still huge. Huge enough that I feel Nintendo would go to incredible lengths to keep it hush hush. Going so far as to use fake names or cover info to keep the secret. Even if Minecraft does get SOMETHING it doesn't change my opinion.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Yikes, Xenother? Didn’t he just barely pop up out of nowhere regurgitating everything Hitagi is saying? I don’t know how seriously I take them
He did pop up randomly, but he is confirmed to speak with Verge and Hitagi. I can vouch for that myself, on top of Verge himself saying he's spoken with Xeno for about a month now. Even if you don't think Xeno has information of his own, he is indeed a contact of Verge and Hitagi both, so he's got some good connections.

He did pop up randomly, but he is confirmed to speak with Verge and Hitagi. I can vouch for that myself, on top of Verge himself saying he's spoken with Xeno for about a month now. Even if you don't think Xeno has information of his own, he is indeed a contact of Verge and Hitagi both, so he's got some good connections.
Well talking with them doesn’t necessarily make him some credible insider haha. Like I said, it just seems like he’s just regurgitating info. Didn’t loz18 also talk to Vergeben but then it turned out he was just a troll who only got one piece of info right previously? And Hitagi hasn’t actually had any of his claims proven right regarding Smash yet. Vergeben is really the only insider who’s actually proven themselves

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hello everyone, so I’ve been a bit hesitant for a while to join in, but now that I’ve finished playing through the series and started to formulate some ideas on their representation in Smash, I wanted to come in and say that I’d like to voice my support for Banjo-Kazooie. Can I be added to the support list?
Well, well, well, if it isn't Wademan94. ;)

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-s...-will-be-surprising-and-a-must-have-for-fans/

Hmm, so Nintendo seems pretty confident that the five DLC Fighters will be both "surprising" and "must-haves" for fans. Alright, Nintendo, regardless if Banjo-Kazooie is one of those fighters, I'm putting my faith in you to stick to your word on that. Please don't mess this up.
Just to play devil's advocate here, couldn't that just be PR talk? Like idk I don't see them saying "yeah man these are gonna be hot garbage don't buy lmao"

I mean they very well could be telling the truth but I think we probably shouldn't put too too much weight in this

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
They say "must-haves like Piranha Plant". If it isn't PR speak they are saying it will be hot garbage so it's more likely to be PR.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Piranha Plant is a pretty outlandish character. If Smash had a completely original cast of non-Nintendo characters and one of the characters was a potted plant, I'd think that character would be pretty funny (especially if the other fighters were human looking, sword fighters, etc).

But then again, I'm really pro-Piranha Plant.

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Piranha Plant is a pretty outlandish character. If Smash had a completely original cast of non-Nintendo characters and one of the characters was a potted plant, I'd think that character would be pretty funny (especially if the other fighters were human looking, sword fighters, etc).

Dude if we had a plant in like street fighter or soul calibur the community would be all over it. Smash fans are just salty it wasn't one of their favorites.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Dude, I LOVE the concept of Piranha Plant; it feels so far out of left field that it comes off as brilliant. It actually looking pretty fun and unique to play as certainly doesn't hurt, either.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
To be fair, I think Piranha Plant was referring more to the "Surprising" factor.
I mean he still refers to Piranha Plant as must have so if it's only based on surprise factor then all these newcomers only have surprise factor ie hot garbage.

volbound1700

Smash Master
People are just being sympathetic, I mean the man devotes everything to these games, to the point where he put his own health at risk.
But once the game is out, if he only has to focus on DLC here and there, it will be a much lighter load for him to handle.
Sakurai should be just managing/delegating. He has a whole team of over 100 to make the game.

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Sakurai should be just managing/delegating. He has a whole team of over 100 to make the game.
The game is his baby dude, he's going to want to do as much for it as he can as possible. Its his passion and he puts his all into it, which is why he should get a break now and again because he's working way too much by even the japanese industry standards just to make others happy.

Last edited:

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Didn’t xeno and Hitagi step away from the leaking scene due to crutching on false information.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the context of surprises being as big as Piranha Plant means that most people won't actually believe these characters have actually been pulled off at all, yet they were anyway, not that everyone will be a swordsman or random-ass enemy.

Seriously, jumping to conclusions should be made into a sporting event for this board.

Didn’t xeno and Hitagi step away from the leaking scene due to crutching on false information.
That's most likely why Polar and Fatman are being extra careful.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
PR speak is going to be positive they want you to be hype about it because they want you to pre purchase the fighter pass. In the end the first reveal trailer is going to be what makes or breaks the Fighters Pass. If Geno or Banjo get revealed first I think the pass will sell really well because fans are going to anticipate who else is coming.

I mean Smash DLC for Wii U and 3DS started almost the same, an incentive character followed by some BIG 3rd parties then an advertisement and and the "ballot winner". All the while vets were peppered in. Whatever 3rd party they show I expect them to start it with a bang.

Thing is Ryu was only expected due to the data leaking but had that not had happened that announcement would have been even bigger. Ryu is one of most recognized characters in gaming and Street Fighter is one IF not THE most recognizable fighting games. Especially after Sakurai said he didn't want to use characters that were already in fighting games and then Ryu comes along... Ryu was a huge announcement only trumped by Cloud who was so unexpected. I feel like the hype after that died a lot though... Corrin and Beyonetta werent as well received as the aforementioned characters but I think that's because they were seen as blatant advertising. Anyone who doesn't think Beyonetta wasn't advertising isn't paying attention.. Nintendo had just saved her series from going under and got exclusivity to the sequel and now we see has a 3rd game coming that im sure they were working towards pushing in the future. The datamine proved she was "there" well before ballot data could show a true "winner". Either way I see this DLC cycle going the same way a couple huge 3rd parties to get you invested and possibly buy the pass right away and then advertising characters released alongside new titles. This fits nicely with Metroid Prime 4 probably coming either Holiday 2019 or early 2020 probably getting a character as the second to last or last spot. I imagine Pokemon will receive a Gen 8 rep too.

While I can see DragonQuest getting a character I find it hard to believe... yes it's popular especially in Japan.. but.. I mean...it's still pretty niche to most people especially in the states... couple that with the rumored Game Awards rumor of a reveal and I have a hard time seeing that happen.. you'd think Banjo would have the best chance to be shown there... given that all companies involved are present, it's a U.S. event and he's more recognized in the West, that's not to say he isn't popular in Japan because he's surprisingly well known over there. I just feel like it's his time and the time is right given past DLC and the coming window for a reveal...

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
While I can see DragonQuest getting a character I find it hard to believe... yes it's popular especially in Japan.. but.. I mean...it's still pretty niche to most people especially in the states... couple that with the rumored Game Awards rumor of a reveal and I have a hard time seeing that happen.. you'd think Banjo would have the best chance to be shown there... given that all companies involved are present, it's a U.S. event and he's more recognized in the West, that's not to say he isn't popular in Japan because he's surprisingly well known over there. I just feel like it's his time and the time is right given past DLC and the coming window for a reveal...
I doubt we see anything smash at the game awards tbh, like why announce dlc the day before the game is out you know?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point I want the awards done and over with so people can get to focus on playing the game.

Now then, do you think B-K could come with a new item? I can think of the beehive, which has healing honeycombs and will randomly be safe or covered by bees.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I doubt we see anything smash at the game awards tbh, like why announce dlc the day before the game is out you know?
Give people a quick taste of what's to come for the game. By December 6th most people will have decided whether or not they buy the game but maybe not on the Fighter Pass. A quick look into who that is might just be the difference between the Fighter Pass selling and the Fighter Pass being something you can't live without. So yeah there are reasons they would but I also don't expect anything, Rex's Mii costume is already what they made as an incentive to adopt the Fighter Pass early so they don't need a reveal there but it could happen.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
While I'm not too confident on a character DLC reveal at the game awards, I do think it's in their best interest to reveal the first character as soon as possible if they want to get Fighters Pass preorders. For me it's a no brainer, I bought it as soon as it was announced, but I love the series, have a decent job with a bit of spending money, etc. For people not as committed or not sure yet, nothing would sell the Pass more than a kick ass first reveal early on.

Top Bottom