• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Honestly I would not be shocked if there was no new Pokémon. Everyone is assuming Incineroar because of the combination of always getting a new Pokémon rep, Nintenjex’s prediction, and Verge’s “leak.” But I’m just not feeling it. Based off of Sakurai’s own Famitsu interviews, and Nintendo’s own quotes during the ballot period; much of the ballot’s purpose was for this game over DLC, and so far everyone, including Isabelle, has been a pick based on popularity with a costume reveal during the DLC period.

I don’t see them suddenly stop that train to fit what we see as a common expectation.

Ken I could see based off of his trophy in Smash 4.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah didn't sakurai say he wanted to look at more under represented franchises in smash this time around ? & a lot of the smash newcomers are not only based off the ballot but are from under represented IPs not counting echos B/C there easyer to add popular characters. I could see maybe a pokemon echo characters but I don't feel we will get a pokemon newcomer unless there an echo. no reason for it IMO

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly I would not be shocked if there was no new Pokémon. Everyone is assuming Incineroar because of the combination of always getting a new Pokémon rep, Nintenjex’s prediction, and Verge’s “leak.” But I’m just not feeling it. Based off of Sakurai’s own Famitsu interviews, and Nintendo’s own quotes during the ballot period; much of the ballot’s purpose was for this game over DLC, and so far everyone, including Isabelle, has been a pick based on popularity with a costume reveal during the DLC period.

I don’t see them suddenly stop that train to fit what we see as a common expectation.

Ken I could see based off of his trophy in Smash 4.
You could be right with the Pokemon rep though seeing how we never got a Gen 3 or 5 rep in past games maybe it skips odd numbers? Just kidding likely a coincidence ,But in all seriousness if there was Gen 7 rep the most common and likely choices seem to be Incineroar, Decideueye and Lycanroc, I would imagine they would choose Incineroar since Decidueye already got in Pokken Tournament DX, Not that he can be in both, But I would think they would want a spotlight on another Pokemon as well and I can definitely see future DLC for Gen 8 rep for next year's core RPG Pokemon game so theres that too.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I would rather have alola pokemon trainer with rowlet incinaroar & the 2nd form blue thing

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I did enjoy Pokemon Moon and the Alola region, The starters were my least favorite in the series, Though I did like Poplio, But by the end of the game I had him at Lv 45 without evolving him since I wasn't a fan of any of the starters final evolutions designs, My Toucannon, Togedemuru and Alolan Sandslash carried my team most of the way.

If can choose a Gen 7 Pokemon rep for Ultimate it would have to be my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon Togedemaru ( Yes I know he's a Poke Ball Assist), Screw Incineroar or Decidueye give me that fat round adorable electric rodent or Alolan Sandslash would be my 2nd choice.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would rather have alola pokemon trainer with rowlet incinaroar & the 2nd form blue thing
I would rather have Alola Pokémon Trainer with Raichu, Ninetails and Diglet.

While I did enjoy Pokemon Moon and the Alola region, The starters were my least favorite in the series though I did like Poplio, But by the end of the game I had him at Lv 45 without evolving him since I wasn't a fan of any of the starters final evolutions designs, My Toucannon, Togedemuru and Alolan Sandslash carried my team most of the way.
If can choose a Gen 7 Pokemon rep for Ultimate it would be Togedemaru ( Yes I know he's a Poke Ball Assist), Screw Incineroar or Decidueye give me that fat round adorable electric rodent or Alolan Sandslash would be my 2nd choice.
I was more of a Rowlet guy and would have loved Litten if it had gone the sulphur/poison route. The evos (final or otherwise) were all garbage, though.

Gen 7 has so many better things to offer and Sandslash is definitely up there.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Wait!? What!?
Where can I get this?
Gamestop had listing a couple of months ago and I believed they removed it recently if I'm not mistaken, But the date for it was sometime early October, We just don't know what it looks like though. Hopefully along the lines of Nintendo's line of character plushies or like that Rare one from the 90's ,But improved upon.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah didn't sakurai say he wanted to look at more under represented franchises in smash this time around ? & a lot of the smash newcomers are not only based off the ballot but are from under represented IPs not counting echos B/C there easyer to add popular characters. I could see maybe a pokemon echo characters but I don't feel we will get a pokemon newcomer unless there an echo. no reason for it IMO
Not sure if Sakurai said that or not, but I know it has been talked about in the community, particularly on Source Gaming.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would rather have Alola Pokémon Trainer with Raichu, Ninetails and Diglet.

I was more of a Rowlet guy and would have loved Litten if it had gone the sulphur/poison route. The evos (final or otherwise) were all garbage, though.

Gen 7 has so many better things to offer and Sandslash is definitely up there.
All the starters design wise in my opinion were solid, I can see why people like Rowlet and Litten more than Poplio, But I went with Poplio because I love Seals more. But yeah none of their 2nd or final evolutions did anything for me.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of having a Gen 8 Pokémon for DLC. I mean with Pokémon Lets go and Gen 8 on the way, there really isn't that much more of a need to market and push Gen 7. In my personal opinion I actually liked everything design wise with Gen 7 and it was a huge improvement over recent generations, but It's the reality that now the main focus for the Pokémon company is to start marketing Kanto again and start warming up the waters for the incoming Gen 8.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
It'd be a bit of a shame if they skipped over Gen 7 and moved straight to Gen 8. I'm not even sure how likely that is, given the base roster had to have been finalized around 2015, a year before Gen 7 even made its debut.

I don't know, man. My favorite Pokemon generations are 3, 5, and 7, and they're the only generations to not have a fighter. If a Gen 8 newcomer got in (likely through DLC, of course) and we didn't get a Gen 7 newcomer, the way I'd feel would be very similar to how most of us would probably feel if Steve from Minecraft got in and we didn't get Banjo. Just my own thoughts on the matter.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
That’s fair, but I feel Pokemon is more than well represented. I mean as Zelda is my main Nintendo jam, it feels odd that they skip over so much of its storied history (outside of Ultimate’s semi-attempt) so I understand your plight. Yet, I feel there are bigger sins to right.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As I've said, Banjo and Geno share so many similarities, and their mutual popularity is why I feel like they could pop up in the same direct--the last missing pieces. Given Geno's always in the "trinity" I assume Geno's more popular (for... some reason) and as such B&K could in the intro, and Geno as the final reveal. And so I feel like Banjo & Kazooie's chances in this poll are slightly lower (those that voted against B&K because you'd thought they'd win easily--well, now it's B&K who's seemingly the underdog).

It would be great though if Banjo & Kazooie actually beat Geno--then we can have something to point to and show that Banjo & Kazooie deserve to be in that trinity with Ridley and King K Rool. Though all of the top 4--Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno--should finally get in the Ultimate Smash game.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I agree, Banjo, Geno, and Isaac deserve to be the final three, with Ken, Dixie, and Shadow as the final echoes and ALL will be pleased

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call a Gen 7 Pokemon rep a lock, But It can really go either way, But I'm leaning a bit toward there will be one, Though I wouldn't be mad if there wasn't one, Pokemon is probably my all time favorite video game franchise, But is already well represented, Mario and Donkey Kong are my other 2 favorites ,But both are well represented, DK can probably use Dixie Kong to feel complete, But I'm pretty satisfied with K.Rool already added to the roster. With my big 3 already well represented I can shift my focus to getting my 4th favorite franchise represented in Smash with Banjo-Kazooie, If they make it in I will completely satisfied.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I agree, Banjo, Geno, and Isaac deserve to be the final three, with Ken, Dixie, and Shadow as the final echoes and ALL will be pleased
This roster would be perfect for me, and replacing Dixie with Incineroar, fits my optimistic predictions exactly, lining up with all of the credible leaks. But I'd much prefer Dixie Kong echo to Incineroar, so part of me hopes, despite my confidence he's in, that Verge is wrong on that. Dixie's another that's been wanted since Melee/Brawl and it would be a shame if she's missing out despite having the perfect opportunity.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I would not be able to complain at all if this was the final roster. I'm not even upset if Steve or Incenaroar come in along, I'm all for them. These 6 characters though seem so quintessential, it would feel like the payoff of the century!

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
I decided to drop my lurking temporarily so that I can drop in my support. Banjo and Kazooie deserve to be in Smash Bros more than anyone imo. There is nothing else that will make feel Ultimate more complete than to add them in. Regardless, I'm so thankful for everything Sakurai and the developers have already done for us, and it's a shame that the hype of all the newcomers, and every single veteran returning has died down. And I'm going to play this game no matter what. If Banjo and Kazooie get revealed, there's a bit of a chance I might actually shed a tear haha. If they're not in though, then that's just the way it is (it really would feel like something is missing though). This game's gonna be awesome yo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I decided to drop my lurking temporarily so that I can drop in my support. Banjo and Kazooie deserve to be in Smash Bros more than anyone imo. There is nothing else that will make feel Ultimate more complete than to add them in. Regardless, I'm so thankful for everything Sakurai and the developers have already done for us, and it's a shame that the hype of all the newcomers, and every single veteran returning has died down. And I'm going to play this game no matter what. If Banjo and Kazooie get revealed, there's a bit of a chance I might actually shed a tear haha. If they're not in though, then that's just the way it is (it really would feel like something is missing though). This game's gonna be awesome yo.
Thanks for the support :) Also, I read that last sentence in King Jingaling's voice.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
ayyyy this thread is getting close to the big 1-0-0, nice.

Banjo-Kazooie would be such a dream come true.

I am 100% convinced that Nintendo and Microsoft have talked about it happening. If Microsoft is willing to play ball, then it's a lock. If they're not, then sadly it won't happen, but I really think the desire is there, at least on Sakurai's part.

My gut tells me that base roster would be unlikely unless they announce it very soon, though. It's just too big of a reveal for them to wait this long, right? If I was in Nintendo's shoes I would have announced that from day 1. So either there's some shady backdoor dealings going on or the bear and bird are DLC.

I know that talking about DLC might be misconstrued as pessimistic here but I intend it as just the opposite. Cloud and Ryu were DLC and they were maybe the hypest announcements of the entire Sm4sh cycle (Ryu would have been doubly so if he hadn't been datamined). Banjo and Kazooie would be in great company.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yes but being DLC when WiiU servers are closed & you can no longer buy ryu, cloud & bayo they will forever be lost & you better hope your wiiu/3ds don't break B/C you will never play as them again as unless its smash 64 nintendo don't rerelease smash game. I don't want banjo to be lost to time, i want him to be on the cart! imortalising him in smash 20 or 30 years from now ! just like how i could go pick up a copy of Smash 64,Melee or even brawl

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
yes but being DLC when WiiU servers are closed & you can no longer buy ryu, cloud & bayo they will forever be lost & you better hope your wiiu/3ds don't break B/C you will never play as them again as unless its smash 64 nintendo don't rerelease smash game. I don't want banjo to be lost to time, i want him to be on the cart! imortalising him in smash 20 or 30 years from now ! just like how i could go pick up a copy of Smash 64,Melee or even brawl
Hey don't worry pal, they'll all be in Smash Ultimate 2!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well it's already October 1st, I will be expecting Rare to announce that Banjo-Kazooie plushie along with other related merchandise this week, Don't know if the date on Gamestop's website for the plush was a placeholder date, But stay alert for announcements from Rare.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well it's already October 1st, I will be expecting Rare to announce that Banjo-Kazooie plushie along with other related merchandise this week, Don't know if the date on Gamestop's website for the plush was a placeholder date, But stay alert for announcements from Rare.
Last I checked at EB Games, they didn't hear about the Gamestop plush deal, but luckily they'll see if any announcement happens.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed!

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Heyo, a fellow fan of The Bear and Bird duo here. Wanted to ask if it's not too late to be added on the support list?

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Am i in suport list ? if not add me in also made moveset for Banjo Kazooie

Banjo-Kazooie

Entrance : Drifts on stage with his car from Diddy Kong Racing (Reference to first appearance)

Neutral Attack : 3 Claw swipes

Edge Attack : Kazooie flies up and Banjo does a Pack Whack while Kazooie flies out using Beak Bayonet

Neutral Special : She shoots an egg forwards
Side Special : Drives on the fully upgraded trolley and fires laser
Up Special : Banjo does a shocking spring jump
Down Special : Clockwork Kazooie Egg (works like Bowser Jr’s Down B)

Dash Attack : Roll

Grab : Kazooie uses her magic wrench to grab opponents

Pummel : Kazooie does the rata-tap-tap

Up Smash : Banjo does a claw swipe while Kazooie pecks
Down Smash : Pack Whack
Forward Smash : Beak barge

Up Tilt : Kazooie wings hit upwards
Down Tilt : Banjo swipes his Banjo downwards
Side Tilt : Beak Bayonet

Down Throw : Banjo jumps on the opponent
Up Throw : Kazooie flings the opponent up into the air and shoots an egg at them
Back Throw : Kazooie flings opponent backwards and Banjo jumps behind the opponent and strums the strings on his Banjo
Forward Throw : Kazooie lowers the opponent and blast them away with her Kazoo

Neutral Aerial : Banjo does a sex kick while Kazooie flaps her wings sideways
Forward Aerial : Kazooie pecks opponent downwards (Spike)
Back Aerial : Kazooie flaps her wings backward
Down Aerial : Banjo spins his Banjo downwards
Up Aerial : Kazooie pecks upward three times (Like Duck hunt’s up air)

Final Smash : Mighty Jinjonator

Up Taunt : Kazooie waves the magic wrench before dropping it on Banjo’s head
Side Taunt : Banjo and Kazooie gets surprised by Bottles when he digs up
Down Taunt : They do a looking beyond horizon position

Victory 1 : Gets a Jiggy and does the Jiggy Dance
Victory 2 : Grunty's skull comes and Banjo kicks it away
Victory 3 : Plays their instruments

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I would not be pleased if Dixie was an echo.
I would definitely be disappointed that Dixie and Shadow were echoes, and Isabelle was a unique fighter. I know proportions matter now, so I can see both Shadow and Dixie being echoes according to Sakurai--but they are far more unique and interesting (for a fighting game) and feel like Isabelle doesn't have the reasons beyond popularity. Even though Isabelle's unique, she still plays essentially like Villager--whereas both Shadow and Dixie could have enough from their own games to really differentiate them. Definitely disappointing.

One character we know can't be an echo is Banjo & Kazooie though (no matter what esam says--DUCK HUNT?! REALLY?!). Voted for him in the Reddit poll. It'll come close and I think Geno has the edge--so I hope all of those who voted against Banjo & Kazooie due to them being a "lock" give Banjo love this time around. That being said, both Banjo & Kazooie and Geno deserve to be in the Ultimate Smash game.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think between a Namco character. Heihachi and Lloyd have the most likely chances although I wouldn't expect them until DLC.

Top Bottom