• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Has Phil Spencer ever advocated for Steve to be in Smash? Because I feel that if we got Steve in the game over Banjo then that would just be a low blow on Banjo fans coming from Phil. I'm fine with having both Steve and Banjo in the game, but I just feel that Steve makes the most sense for DLC since he is one of the most iconic videogame characters in modern history although Banjo also works for $$$ based on his ballot popularity so idk.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Imagine if both Steve AND Banjo were announced in the same trailer! I mean, Sakurai did say they’re kicking back on the reveals, but who knows? Maybe he was implying that there would be less trailers, but they have more announcements per trailer?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Has Phil Spencer ever advocated for Steve to be in Smash? Because I feel that if we got Steve in the game over Banjo then that would just be a low blow on Banjo fans coming from Phil. I'm fine with having both Steve and Banjo in the game, but I just feel that Steve makes the most sense for DLC since he is one of the most iconic videogame characters in modern history although Banjo also works for $$$ based on his ballot popularity so idk.
Doesn't seem like it because it has never come up, But that's likely because Smash fans haven't been asking for him and I imagine was low in the Smash and fan ballots, Banjo-Kazooie on the other hand has been one of the most heavily requested newcomers and Phil Spencer has already stated several times that he would be cool with it.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Phil straight up supports it. I have a feeling Sakurai would put in Banjo over Steve.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Phil straight up supports it. I have a feeling Sakurai would put in Banjo over Steve.
I know some people view Steve as threat to Banjo-Kazooie Roster wise and at one point for a little while I thought that too. But I'm very confident that Sakurai for the most part is listening to the fans and looking at the ballot for newcomers, Banjo-Kazooie has more material, ideas and is way easier to work into Smash since they would fit in so well. So I'm sure he will do the right thing.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I really hope this guy's "gut feeling" is some kinda oracle or something cuz what he said would be HYPE!!!
Having Banjo announced at game awards so that they technically got announced "before" the game's launch date would be a total curve-ball for all the people who at the time would be saying no more new characters.
I can hope and pray, but I will pray really hard *fingers crossed*

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine if both Steve AND Banjo were announced in the same trailer! I mean, Sakurai did say they’re kicking back on the reveals, but who knows? Maybe he was implying that there would be less trailers, but they have more announcements per trailer?
I'd like that. So far, the only case of two characters being announced in the same trailer is for Simon and Richter, and even then the latter's an Echo. It's certainly possible.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I'd like that. So far, the only case of two characters being announced in the same trailer is for Simon and Richter, and even then the latter's an Echo. It's certainly possible.
Lucina and Robin were also announced on the same trailer too so they are definitely not strangers for dual announcements in one trailer.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I really hope this guy's "gut feeling" is some kinda oracle or something cuz what he said would be HYPE!!!
Having Banjo announced at game awards so that they technically got announced "before" the game's launch date would be a total curve-ball for all the people who at the time would be saying no more new characters.
For those of you who don't know, Not only is 12/6/18 the day of the VGA's, But is also the 20th Anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie's Japan release, 1 day before Ultimate's release so that makes it even more perfect.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For those of you who don't know, Not only is 12/6/18 the day of the VGA's, But is also the 20th Anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie's Japan release, 1 day before Ultimate's release so that makes it even more perfect.
Let's hope so. Until now, :ultlittlemac:is the only character who was announced at a series anniversary for a Smash entry. If there's anyone who would get it for the second time in history, it's those two.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Let's hope so. Until now, :ultlittlemac:is the only character who was announced at a series anniversary for a Smash entry. If there's anyone who would get it for the second time in history, it's those two.
I didn't know Little Mac was revealed on his anniversary, But I do remember his Smash trailer was pretty badass.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know Little Mac was revealed on his anniversary, But I do remember his Smash trailer was pretty badass.
That trailer made me buy Smash 4. I was kinda eh on it. But that was back when I was really into Punch Out. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While it's technically possible given what Sakurai has said, I don't consider it feasible unless they're announced as DLC. People will certainly know all the characters at the very least a week in advance--if not through leaks, through people getting advanced copies. In fact, I feel like the entire month of November will be the leakiest of them all. I feel like by revealing all characters in advance, one of their goals is to get ahead of leaks, to prevent what happened last time.

It would be nice, it fits nicely, but I feel like we'll know every character in the base game a month in advance.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
That trailer made me buy Smash 4. I was kinda eh on it. But that was back when I was really into Punch Out. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.
Mac is now my main. He would have some competition if the bear and bird get announced though.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The problem with it being a day before the game release is that I guarantee it will leak a few weeks before.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The problem with it being a day before the game release is that I guarantee it will leak a few weeks before.
Yeah I know, if anything the game will wrap up development by the end of October and Print copies in November, Sometime around November we will likely learn the entire roster by then, But if for whatever reason Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make the base roster, Then that would be a great way to tease their first wave of DLC.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Ohh also for some more of the bear and bird here is some stuff of a youtuber I like.
Would be cool to have a more mellow song if there was a transition stage
Then for the second one I just like his rendition of spiral mountain.
Here is to hoping this kind of stuff gets in along with Banjo!

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Today is the big day. No matter what happens, I just want to go ahead and say Banjo and Kazooie are, without a doubt, the most deserving third party characters left that could join Smash Bros.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don’t worry about it. I will be legitimately shocked if anything Smash is shown at Minecon in any capacity.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
What big day? Minecon? Even if Steve is in the game I strongly doubt he'd be announced at a non-Nintendo event.

I would be fine with Steve as a base character and Banjo DLC.

Considering the Steve leaker actually backtracked quite a bit, the fact of the matter is minecraft is almost guaranteed to be in the game in some shape or form. That means Sakurai payed Microsoft a visit and that can only raise Banjo's chances.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I would be fine with Steve as a base character and Banjo DLC.

Considering the Steve leaker actually backtracked quite a bit, the fact of the matter is minecraft is almost guaranteed to be in the game in some shape or form.
First backtracking is never a good sign I'm confused as to why you think it is. Please elaborate on that. But second and more importantly I wouldn't be happy with that situation. If they put Steve in first then they are ignoring Banjo's vast popularity or they are holding him back to make more money. Neither is a practice I'd like to see in Smash.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
First backtracking is never a good sign I don't know why you think it is. But second and more importantly I wouldn't be happy with that situation. If they put Steve in first then they are ignoring Banjo's vast popularity or they are holding him back to make more money. Neither is a practice I'd like to see in Smash.
They backtracked on Steve specifically, not Minecraft content in general. And let's say this is the case; Minecraft content but no Steve strongly hints towards a playable rep from Microsoft.

That's Banjo's best and probably only shot at making base roster. Otherwise I'm still quite confident in their DLC chances.

Last edited:
First backtracking is never a good sign I'm confused as to why you think it is. Please elaborate on that. But second and more importantly I wouldn't be happy with that situation. If they put Steve in first then they are ignoring Banjo's vast popularity or they are holding him back to make more money. Neither is a practice I'd like to see in Smash.
How is a dlc character bad practice?

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
How is a dlc character bad practice?
Not him, but putting the character that is consistantly and has been wanted for years to the side and putting a "well we had to add them" character over them in the base game would be pretty insulting. Especially since in Smash DLC characters get scraps (few trophies, not much music or other stuff). It would just feel extremely cynical to put Steve in the base over Banjo.

To put it in some relatable terms, it would be like if they put Rabbids in the base game and made Rayman DLC.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Today is the big day. No matter what happens, I just want to go ahead and say Banjo and Kazooie are, without a doubt, the most deserving third party characters left that could join Smash Bros.
Any 3rd Party Character can say they have appeared on a Nintendo console, But how many of them can say they were owned by Nintendo at one point ? If it wasn't for Rare being bought out by Microsoft, I think everyone can agree that they already would of have been in Smash by now, That's what I think seperates Banjo-Kazooie from the rest of the pack.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how well a day before would work in terms of revealing a character. Since at that point some people may have already received copies of the game. (and that's not even considering the possibility of us getting some kind of ESRB level leak before then)

Unless the character they reveal isn't in the base game and it's going to go live as a free update on launch day. I could maybe see something like that.

I think they're going to have all the base game characters announced at least like 3-4 days before release though. (at least, probably earlier though)

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how well a day before would work in terms of revealing a character. Since at that point some people may have already received copies of the game. (and that's not even considering the possibility of us getting some kind of ESRB level leak before then)

Unless the character they reveal isn't in the base game and it's going to go live as a free update on launch day. I could maybe see something like that.

I think they're going to have all the base game characters announced at least like 3-4 days before release though. (at least, probably earlier though)
I mentioned it a little bit after I typed that ,But you must have missed it,

"Yeah I know, if anything the game will wrap up development by the end of October and Print copies in November, Sometime around November we will likely learn the entire roster by then, But if for whatever reason Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make the base roster, Then that would be a great way to tease their first wave of DLC".

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
been looking through twitter & man A LOT of people seam to tack it as FACT that banjo will be DLC & minecraft will be base game content, I think people are taking these "LEAKS" too far.

I don't care what anyone says banjo being DLC is awfull ! B/C this means he won't be incorperated into story mode

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Other than Banjo Kazooie in Smash, another thing that I would like to come out of Microsoft's involvement is a photo of Phil Spencer encer looking smug with Sakurai.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
been looking through twitter & man A LOT of people seam to tack it as FACT that banjo will be DLC & minecraft will be base game content, I think people are taking these "LEAKS" too far.

I don't care what anyone says banjo being DLC is awfull ! B/C this means he won't be incorperated into story mode
THIS! I want them to interact with the Smash cast in some way, shape, or form.

Top Bottom