• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
100%!

Banjo-Kazooie would make an awesome Smash character. I really hope Sakurai knows that not putting him in would be a huge opportunity lost
I really hope all parties can pull it off, Though I'm obviously biased and have said this repeatedly ,But I honestly can't think of a more perfect newcomer to join Smash than Banjo-Kazooie they literally check off every box when it comes to requirements for Smash, They got origins and history with Nintendo , they got a deep moveset that was practically built for Smash, They have that Nintendo look/style that will help them blend in right with the cast, This is as good as time than ever to make it happen and though it's been a grind these past few months, We have to keep pushing and give them as much exposure as possible on polls and social media so just in case they aren't in the base, We can at least get them in as DLC and secure a roster spot.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
An hour left at the event, but the alledged "top secret thing" has already passed and is nothing of note. Not out of the woods yet though, but every minute that passes without a CGi trailer is a good sign.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Banjo is up in another round of the famous poll. We just beat Isaac, let's go the rest of the way!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...934vote_using_poll_randomized_smash_ultimate/
Versus Skull Kid. Uhoh. I expected to lose against Isaac since he's so popular lately, but we won. So we should be able to beat Skull Kid too since his moment of popularity has passed already. But I've been wrong before... And if we survive this, then Geno is next. And possibly Isaac again for the finals!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Y'know what's funny? In a separate timeline where Nintendo had kept RARE, this thread would probably be us asking for Bandana Jinjo.

After getting the main players (Gruntillda, Mumbo Jumbo) of course.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Y'know what's funny? In a separate timeline where Nintendo had kept RARE, this thread would probably be us asking for Bandana Jinjo.

Don't you hurt me like this

Personally though in some alt timeline where Rare kept with Nintendo I think the other not-Banjo Rep I would want from them would be
a Viva Pinata rep

puremrz

Smash Apprentice

And people would be like "Banjo Kazooie is overrepresented! Can we get another Fire Emblem character already?"

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
After Banjo-Kazooie I would be requesting for a Killer Instinct character. My pic would be Spinal but Fulgore would most likely overshadow all of the KI choices.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
been looking through twitter & man A LOT of people seam to tack it as FACT that banjo will be DLC & minecraft will be base game content, I think people are taking these "LEAKS" too far.

I don't care what anyone says banjo being DLC is awfull ! B/C this means he won't be incorperated into story mode
Who's to say there even will be a story mode? And even if there is, it's not all that integral to the experience, if SSE is anything to by...

For me, what the biggest letdown would be by not having Banjo-Kazooie in the base game is that we wouldn't get a CGI reveal trailer for them (since we didn't for any DLC characters for 4 either). And who wouldn't want to see the bear and bird rendered in a beautiful animation revealing themselves to the world of Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As for the poll, it's interesting if Banjo & Kazooie beats Skull Kid, it'll be Banjo & Kazooie vs Geno in the final round (if that's how it works). Which I've noticed their similarities before--both Nintendo characters from the nineties owned by a third party that have been requested since Melee. I hadn't even heard of Geno since starting Smash speculation, so it seems odd how he's often brought up in the "trinity" when B&K I believe, as an outsider, would make much more sense, being the only big franchise once owned by Nintendo not in Smash. Of course, that's the dangers of lowered expectations when you think something's impossible. You never think to ask, and therefore, have no chance of getting them in a self-fulfilled prophecy.

I've thought about that many times, the differences between Banjo & Kazooie staying with Nintendo vs what happened in regards to Smash. One upside is, given the history, rather than Banjo & Kazooie just being another Nintendo character in Smash, Banjo & Kazooie would be a fairly special character in Smash history when they arrive. It would certainly have made the wait worth it,

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
After Banjo-Kazooie I would be requesting for a Killer Instinct character. My pic would be Spinal but Fulgore would most likely overshadow all of the KI choices.
Huh, that's a cool idea.

I always wanted representation for Battletoads, Conker, Jet Force Gemini, heck even Perfect Dark! They all are historical games/franchises, that deserve to be in Smash, in some way, shape or form at least.

Nah, at that point we'd be asking for Juno and Vela, and laugh at people wanting the kid from Grabbed by the Ghoulies.
Hey Kirby!
Looks like I'm stuck here for now, since I kind of got kicked out of the Shantae thread.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so, uh...I voted for Skull Kid in the poll.

At first I was leaning back and forth, considering B-K and then finally just went with Skull Kid. I figured that it would help prove his popularity, as I thought about B-K already being up there in the polls.

However, whoever wins, I don't mind; Banjo-Kazooie, Skull Kid, and Geno all make the top three anyway :)

now that I think about it more, though, Skull Kid already won some good polls despite the 2015 fan-poll data and the top-3 thing still counts...well derp.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Versus Skull Kid. Uhoh. I expected to lose against Isaac since he's so popular lately, but we won. So we should be able to beat Skull Kid too since his moment of popularity has passed already. But I've been wrong before... And if we survive this, then Geno is next. And possibly Isaac again for the finals!
Skull Kid doesn't worry me as much as Isaac or Geno, While he is requested a lot he tends to be in the outskirts of the usual Top 3 or 5 and While I'm not a fan of the Zelda series, It is a big franchise with a big fanbase, So I'm not letting my guard down, Plus Zelda is already well represented and already has the main villain in Smash, If there can only be 1 choice I would rather have a big newcomer from a franchise that's not represented in Smash than a secondary villain for a franchises that has all it's main characters and and a couple of clones too.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Saw this posted and it definitely looks like a different render but I kinda hate imagine Leaks. Specially ones that don’t show everything. I would definitely want this to be real but I’m remaining on guard because we have been threw this stuff before.

Attachments

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Saw this posted and it definitely looks like a different render but I kinda hate imagine Leaks. Specially ones that don’t show everything. I would definitely want this to be real but I’m remaining on guard because we have been threw this stuff before.
Sooooooo fake.

Seems rather out of place.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wanna see idle animation of Kazooie pecking Banjo
And the one where Kazooie tries to peck Banjo a 2nd time ,But Banjo chokes her instead then laughs, Both could work great as idle animations or taunts.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Do you have a link to the thread by any chance?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Do you have a link to the thread by any chance?
Here's the link to the thread but it's been removed. It was shared on the General thread. I can see the picture as an attachment in their post--it's fake, but it's nice to get something, even a fake. It's been quite a while since that good fake Banjo render, but I'll settle for this. :upsidedown:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
i sometimes wonder the banter that kazooie & falco would have if they meet ?
I at one point was going to go on Reddit and promise to write a Kazooie/Falco fanfic if BK got in, but I didn't want to hold myself to it. But I wrote this Fox/Falco codec though

Fox: Watch out Falco! These new fighters are dangerous.

Falco: Thanks for the obvious alert Fox. Say, have we seen this bear somewhere? Seems familiar

Fox: That's Banjo the honey bear. We've never met, but he was a celebrity back during the 2nd Lylat War. He's only just now come back. He may be slow and not look very dangerous, but he's got sharp claws, can transform his own body, and can take a lot of damage

Falco: Yeah, yeah, body... transform...

Fox: Falco, focus on the battle!

Falco: Hey Fox, uhhh, who's the naked redhead behind him?

Kazooie: Who you calling redhead, pheasant?

Falco: Woah, easy there toots, I haven't even introduced myself yet

Fox: Don't tease her Falco, she's what makes Banjo so dangerous. She's nearly twice as fast as Banjo and can carry and throw around all their weight at once. Her beak can drill through solid rock and she can also shoot all kinds of eggs, ice, fire, grenades, and time detonated bombs with scary accuracy, even when flying.

Falco: She can fly? Huh, guess that's impressive... I don't know about shooting eggs out her, backside. Seems painful

Kazooie: You better keep your eyes off my merchandise fly boy! We're gonna JV3 stock you into the dirt!

Falco: She's spicy too. Reminds me of my young age, I cracked a few tough eggs in my street years, I bet I could win over this chick

Fox: Her name is Kazooie, a rare species of bird called a breegull that only hatch 1 place in the known universe, Breegull Beach. It's where Banjo and Kazooie first met

Falco: Exotic too. Man, think she would like to join a real mercenary squad? I bet she'd be good at it.

Fox: I doubt it. Kazooie doesn't do much besides insult people, but she seems pretty attached to Banjo. She almost never leaves his side and they've fought through thick and thin together.

Falco: Heh, what's this yokel got that I don't. Free rent?

Fox: I'm not sure, but Moral support goes a long way in building a strong team, as I'm sure you know.

Falco: Well i guess she does make a good sidekick, this is a tough fight. Might just be the heat of battle that's got her so worked up. Later back at the Smash dorms maybe I'll light some candles and put my smooth moves on her.

Kazooie: Sidekick? Looks who's talking. I'm the best fighter and the star of the show here! Also, just so you know, Wolf's a much better womanizer than you.

Falco: Ouch

Fox: I think she just shot you down Ace.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Here's my take on how a codec convo between Snake and Otacon would go if they were up against Banjo & Kazooie:

Snake: Otacon... there's a bear... with a flamingo in his backpack.

Otacon: That's Banjo & Kazooie. I still can't believe they're here! Banjo is the bear, and Kazooie is the bird. They work together as a team to collect treasure and build cars. Banjo has a heart of gold, but Kazooie will talk you down to size if she's so prompted. They're no slouches in battle, either. Kazooie attacks by pecking and shooting eggs. Banjo himself is capable of transforming into all sorts of things, from a termite, to a dragon, to even a van! He's also got strength to spare, so be careful!

Snake: Eggs and a van, huh? Sounds like I could start a food truck business with these two... or maybe a band...

Otacon: Uh... I'd just stick to fighting, Snake.

Snake: Hey, what're you trying to say!?

(Also a fun fact: If Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash Ultimate, it will be the second time Banjo has appeared in a game with Sonic the Hedgehog, with the first being the Xbox version of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing)

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
What I don’t understand is why this pic is considered fake, but the Ken leak is by smash speculation considered law?

Oh and happy 3,700 posts Banjo-Roos! What!? What!?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as I want that leak pick with Banjo in the air to be true, Let's be honest, Ken ( Ryu Echo Fighter) & Incineroar (Gen 7 Pokemon Rep) are more likely, More believable and much easier to obtain than Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Banjo-Kazooie will beat Skull Kid no problem.
If Banjo-Kazooie beat Isaac, than Skull Kid is just going to be a walk in the park for our bear and bird.

I wish we were living in that glorious timeline. :(

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's already been posted here yesterday, But for those who don't know or haven't voted yet, Banjo-Kazooie is up against Skull Kid in a Smash Newcomer Tournament Bracket on Super Smash Bros community Reddit and the winner of this round advances to the Semifinals to face Geno, We have been on a roll on polls lately and took down a juggernaut in Isaac last round, Let's keep the momentum going !!!

https://smashpoll.uk/924812

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
As much as I want that leak pick with Banjo in the air to be true, Let's be honest, Ken ( Ryu Echo Fighter) & Incineroar (Gen 7 Pokemon Rep) are more likely, More believable and much easier to obtain than Banjo-Kazooie
Just because a character is expected doesn’t make a “leaked” picture true. It’s just confirmation bias.

If you see two pictures, one of a character the community genuinely thinks will be in the game, and one of a character the community generaly thinks is a pie in the sky with little chance of making it in, people will be more easily fooled by the former, and honestly, that’s what I think is happening right now.

I think Verge is not law, but has a history of getting some things correct, so wait and see.

Sakurai is the only reliable source going forward.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just because a character is expected doesn’t make a “leaked” picture true. It’s just confirmation bias.

If you see two pictures, one of a character the community genuinely thinks will be in the game, and one of a character the community generaly thinks is a pie in the sky with little chance of making it in, people will be more easily fooled by the former, and honestly, that’s what I think is happening right now.

I think Verge is not law, but has a history of getting some things correct, so wait and see.

Sakurai is the only reliable source going forward.
I didn't even know there was a "Suppose" leaked picture of Incineroar and Ken, But even without Verge, When you really think about it, Pokemon getting a new rep is pretty much expected to represent Gen 7 and Incineroar makes a ton of sense and Ken as an echo is pretty much a Ryu skin with very little work needed.

Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted newcomer, But if I were to make a bet, I would rather take my chances with Incineroar and Ken than Banjo-Kazooie as they seem like the safer choice.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IDK if were guna get a banjo smash revile this october with what sakurai said about slowing down the pace I feel we will get one final smash direct in november & will know everything then. hopefully banjo gets in base game with a great trailer & story mode intergration

Top Bottom