• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Her and Funky definitely both seem like locks for Smash 6, but nothing is really guaranteed. Funky seems like easy Echo material and I was surprise they didn't put him into Ultimate.
I think they probably would save Funky for semi-echo purposes instead. :ultisabelle: Which would seem right since you can't have him without his surfboard.

We'll see what happens in the future.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think they probably would save Funky for semi-echo purposes instead. :ultisabelle: Which would seem right since you can't have him without his surfboard.

We'll see what happens in the future.
I think it would be possible for Echos to receive a new move or two in their moveset. Ganondorf started out as a clone in Melee but he had a fist punch for his Forward Air instead of Falcon's knee of justice. I know the move wasn't a Special, but I think they could make new Specials for Echos too. This is why I somewhat have a little faith in Risky if Shantae ever makes it in.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it would be possible for Echos to receive a new move or two in their moveset. Ganondorf started out as a clone in Melee but he had a fist punch for his Forward Air instead of Falcon's knee of justice. I know the move wasn't a Special, but I think they could make new Specials for Echos too. This is why I somewhat have a little faith in Risky if Shantae ever makes it in.
In regards to the latter, it depends just how much kit from Shantae's games she comes with. The debate about her transformations being "Too complex!" is getting silly in light of the elaborate DLC fighters we've been getting so far. On the other hand, Pirate's Curse did help her series set foot in Japan, so they would still need to balance out her classic moves with those from a fan favorite entry (not to mention taking anything at all from Seven Sirens), a challenge that I'm sure they'd feel like taking on.

Also, Ken straddled the line the most in this batch, seeing as he's got a few considerable differences compared to Ryu.

In the meantime, as far as second Microsoft characters go, it all comes down to either Steve or Rash. Master Chief isn't nearly as guaranteed unless the classic Halo games get ported for the Switch, which might happen sometime in the next few years.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In regards to the latter, it depends just how much kit from Shantae's games she comes with. The debate about her transformations being "Too complex!" are getting silly in light of the elaborate DLC fighters we've been getting so far. On the other hand, Pirate's Curse did help her series set foot in Japan, so they would still need to balance out her classic moves with those from a fan favorite entry (not to mention taking anything at all from Seven Sirens), a challenge that I'm sure they'd feel like taking on.
I agree. If half of Shantae's Specials involve around her animal transformations than they could easily probably replace those Specials with new ones for Risky. If all Shantae's Specials are animal transformations than giving Risky new Specials would make her feel more like a unique character instead of a Echo. It's like you said where it really all depends in which direction they decide to go with Shantae's moveset if Risky could be made into a Echo or not.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That aside, I don't know if you've seen ya_tudoki15's recent works on Twitter (and I hesitate to link to it here because of how overprotective he is of them), but I think his DLC "sticker" set is going to be huge by the end of it.

I also do like how he draws Kazooie to be even sassier than normal.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
That aside, I don't know if you've seen ya_tudoki15's recent works on Twitter (and I hesitate to link to it here because of how overprotective he is of them), but I think his DLC "sticker" set is going to be huge by the end of it.

I also do like how he draws Kazooie to be even sassier than normal.
I mean, if he's so overprotective of them, why post them publicly on the internet then? lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, if he's so overprotective of them, why post them publicly on the internet then? lol
I mean, you know how often art gets stolen without crediting the artists. It's why we see so many pieces with watermarks or artist names on them.

You still want to show the world your talent somehow, if one doesn't go to conventions and such.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
Why do I feel like Kazooie does all the work in the moveset we got? Can they please add more Banjo moves, such as his:

FORWARD AERIAL.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Why do I feel like Kazooie does all the work in the moveset we got? Can they please add more Banjo moves, such as his:

FORWARD AERIAL.
The way I see it while Kazooie does seem to do a lot of the work, Banjo is the one that puts his weight and muscle behind many of their attacks, Most if not all of their "Tag Team" attacks likely wouldn't be possible or as powerful without using Banjo's bear strength.

- Bregull Bash
- Beak Buster
- Bill Drill
- Beak Barge
- Beak Bayonet
- Roll attack
- Up Tilt Kick
- Down Smash (Should have been Pack Whack)
- Wonderwing
- Back Throw
- Down Throw/Bury

I would imagine Banjo is the one that takes most of the damage when they get attacked too since Kazooie is in his backpack most of the time, That's not to say she doesn't get hurt too, But Banjo likely gets the brunt of it.

Banjo is the Weight/Tank and Muscle.

Kazooie is the Swiss Army knife/Versatility and Speed.

And thus nature presents us with the beautiful tag team between a bear and bird.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
In regards to the latter, it depends just how much kit from Shantae's games she comes with. The debate about her transformations being "Too complex!" is getting silly in light of the elaborate DLC fighters we've been getting so far. On the other hand, Pirate's Curse did help her series set foot in Japan, so they would still need to balance out her classic moves with those from a fan favorite entry (not to mention taking anything at all from Seven Sirens), a challenge that I'm sure they'd feel like taking on.

Also, Ken straddled the line the most in this batch, seeing as he's got a few considerable differences compared to Ryu.

In the meantime, as far as second Microsoft characters go, it all comes down to either Steve or Rash. Master Chief isn't nearly as guaranteed unless the classic Halo games get ported for the Switch, which might happen sometime in the next few years.
Yay! Shantae talk!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...fter_a_nintendo_presidents_grandchild_and_son

So, there you have it, we finally have proof that the duo is indeed named after Yamauchi's family.

Somebody has to do that, the actual thread's in "Sky is falling!" mode right now. The most there is to go on from at the moment for Seven Sirens is whether or not the full game's release date will show up at the rumored March Nindies.
I hope so! If they do show the release, then that's gonna be awesome!

Also this.
Mark Kurko has done it again!
Uh guys...it may be happening. It might mean...Banjo's coming home for good! Sabi hasn't let us down yet! Please be real! Please be flipping real! If it's not real, I'll...I'll...I'll delete all of my data on my Switch!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Blocked Content generally is Sturgeon's Law in the form of an Internet channel.

Besides, he's not the only person to say we'll possibly get a Direct next week. It would make sense though, since we had one last year.

Also, we still need more concrete info about Animal Crossing New Horizons, since it's getting out next month.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don't trust Blocked Content at all, and don't trust Sabi since E3. Really, there are no reliable leakers at the moment, as most of them left. And I'm personally fine with that. Though, I would like an update from those who said Rare Replay would be on the Switch (I guess Sabi was one of them). At this point, any Banjo-Kazooie content on Switch would be nice to hear about so that I don't have to waste $60 on an old Xbox 360.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The Wonderful 101 Kickstarter was leaked and that turned out to be real. So what can you trust? Causality itself?

If you don't want to pay attention to anyone, even anyone that's not a fraud, so be it. In my day, people had to get magazines to learn any info about incoming games, and even then you had to wait a whole month. We liked that, too.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
The Wonderful 101 Kickstarter was leaked and that turned out to be real. So what can you trust? Causality itself?

If you don't want to pay attention to anyone, even anyone that's not a fraud, so be it. In my day, people had to get magazines to learn any info about incoming games, and even then you had to wait a whole month. We liked that, too.
Thank you for seeing the video. And wat did you think of Mark Kurko's Death Mountain mod?

Top Bottom