• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
I want Banjo-Threeie to start out with Banjo-Kazooie walking out of a movie theater with a poster on the theater saying “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts”
That would be classic Rare, subtle and self deprecating humour/banter. Though Battletoads and Killer Instinct eventually returned, we just have to wait and see...

I actually just finished Nuts and Bolts recently, enjoyable for what it is, but as we all know, so far removed from a great BK game.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
How old do you think Banjo, Kazooie, and Conker are? I’m guessing Banjo is around 17- 19. I’m not sure about Kazooie but Chris Seaver said Conker is a teen so I’m guessing 16.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How old do you think Banjo, Kazooie, and Conker are? I’m guessing Banjo is around 17- 19. I’m not sure about Kazooie but Chris Seaver said Conker is a teen so I’m guessing 16.
Given that Conker's old enough to drink, it seems like he'd be at least 18, which is the drinking age in England.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He’s an underaged drinker :urg:
I wouldn't think so, but I don't think there's a ton of proof either way. He can drive, but considering that Baby Mario can also drive, that doesn't really work as evidence, and he's old enough to join the military, but in England, 16's the minimum age for that.

I'm probably taking the question too seriously haha.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
Is there a way to post images through a library rather then a link? Because I can’t find a way to post some images

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh yeah Grunty? Look what I got. *Holds up a Chaos Emerald* I can use these to reverse time and save Tooty. *Smug smile*
: NO!!! DON'T TAKE AWAY MY BEAUTIFUL FAT BOOTY!!! I DO NOT AGAIN WANT TO BE UGLIER THAN FAT TOOTY!!!

: ****! I am ugly once more! I'll make sure you will pay and I will be beautiful once again after your butt is sour!

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
: NO!!! DON'T TAKE AWAY MY BEAUTIFUL FAT BOOTY!!! I DO NOT AGAIN WANT TO BE UGLIER THAN FAT TOOTY!!!

: ****! I am ugly once more! I'll make sure you will pay and I will be beautiful once again after your butt is sour!
Oh I'd love to see you try. *Summons a shield from the Chaos Emeralds*

I must also tell you all that I did something smart: I made Spirits that can counter those that love to spam certain skills like higher speed and Super Armor.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh I'd love to see you try. *Summons a shield from the Chaos Emeralds*

I must also tell you all that I did something smart: I made Spirits that can counter those that love to spam certain skills like higher speed and Super Armor.
: You keep interfering with my plans don't you?! Well how about you have a spell of mine that will send you to hell! Die you stupid bear and your dumb bird too! Maybe after your gone I will take Tooty's life too! I don't need her to become hot, I will just kidnap another babe! Than I'll become the true perfect diva bae!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
: You keep interfering with my plans don't you?! Well how about you have a spell of mine that will send you to hell! Die you stupid bear and your dumb bird too! Maybe after your gone I will take Tooty's life too! I don't need her to become hot, I will just kidnap another babe! Than I'll become the true perfect diva bae!
*Sans style dodge* Wanna have a bad time Grunty? *MEGALOVANIA plys*

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
: I will flee for now but I must confess, this ain't the last time you will hear of my rhyming behind and my famous laughing ****!

UNTIL NEXT TIME SPIDER MAN!!! I WILL GET YOU YET!!! FOR NEXT TIME I MIGHT BREAK YOUR HEAD!!!
OK. I left a guest at your lair though, one you can steal beauty from. Her name's Bayonetta!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
OK. I left a guest at your lair though, one you can steal beauty from. Her name's Bayonetta!
: Thank you, you're the best! Now watch as I beat out the rest!

seems there are people playing around in here, i wonder if it will stop eventually
: Nothing much has been going on lately in this thread so why fuss?! We are just having fun at Grunty's Furnace Fun Fest Fuss!

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
How come Banjo Tooie didn’t have a game over cutscene? Maybe it would be too dark or it would take to long because there are multiple scenarios where the cutscene would have to be different.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How come Banjo Tooie didn’t have a game over cutscene? Maybe it would be too dark or it would take to long because there are multiple scenarios where the cutscene would have to be different.
I think it's like you said in where it would probably be too dark. Gruntilda was using that machine to suck the life out of King Jinjo and was going to use it on everyone else after it got to full power. She was going to use it to transform back to her old self with skin again and not a skeleton. We probably would have seen a cutscene of that if we got a game over scene.

chikin

Coin Collector
I think it's like you said in where it would probably be too dark. Gruntilda was using that machine to suck the life out of King Jinjo and was going to use it on everyone else after it got to full power. She was going to use it to transform back to her old self with skin again and not a skeleton. We probably would have seen a cutscene of that if we got a game over scene.
Wonder if I die before Jinjo village or during the final boss?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don’t think Gruntilda was introduced to the machine before jinjo village and both of her of sisters are dead during the final battle
You're correct. But I kind of think she killed her sisters on purpose because otherwise, she wouldn't have had that big chunk of metal above their heads in the quiz. I can understand doing that to your enemy but your family too? She basically didn't give a damn.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There was no game over state as they did away with lives.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One of the Kutthroats recently did a series link chart for :ultmario: and :ultdk:, it's fun to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

There was no game over state as they did away with lives.
Thank goodness for that, DK64's was traumatising enough.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I imagine had Tooie got a game over cutscene we would have seen Gruntilda use B.O.B. to suck the life out of everyone in Isle O Hags just for kicks. She doesn't need that many souls to refresh her back to her normal state, but she would do it for laughs and for revenge for almost everyone helping the bear and bird back in the original. It would be a very dark game over scene.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
One of the Kutthroats recently did a series link chart for :ultmario: and :ultdk:, it's fun to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Uh...not sure how Banjo-Kazooie is connected to Star Fox. I know it is to Diddy Kong Racing though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Uh...not sure how Banjo-Kazooie is connected to Star Fox. I know it is to Diddy Kong Racing though.
The only thing that makes sense to me is the fact that Rare created Krystal, Star Fox Adventures, and the rest of the original characters in that game. I don't know how that would connect with DK and Mario though. But Krystal is a Rare girl.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The only thing that makes sense to me is the fact that Rare created Krystal, Star Fox Adventures, and the rest of the original characters in that game. I don't know how that would connect with DK and Mario though. But Krystal is a Rare girl.
It probably depends on if you think that Tricky from Star Fox Adventures is the same as Tricky from Diddy Kong Racing. The part about Star Fox Adventures says "a Tricky appears here".

Also, a bunch of Rare franchises (and Yooka-Laylee) are connected by the appearance of Roysten, Banjo's goldfish.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
You're correct. But I kind of think she killed her sisters on purpose because otherwise, she wouldn't have had that big chunk of metal above their heads in the quiz. I can understand doing that to your enemy but your family too? She basically didn't give a damn.
I was saying there would be multiple scenarios where the game over screen would have to be different. If it was a scene like Donkey Kong 64 then it wouldn't make sense if I got that scene if I died during the final boss and if I die at the beginning before Gruntilda is introduced to the machine then it would have to look different.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It probably depends on if you think that Tricky from Star Fox Adventures is the same as Tricky from Diddy Kong Racing. The part about Star Fox Adventures says "a Tricky appears here".

Also, a bunch of Rare franchises (and Yooka-Laylee) are connected by the appearance of Roysten, Banjo's goldfish.
:facepalm: I must be blind. I forgot there was a Tricky in Diddy Kong Racing.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
That is true, she is technically Banjo & Kazooie's sister.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The issue is that Star Fox suffers even more from bad timing than DKC did, in regards to Smash roster releases. It consistently got seen as less of a priority during times when the series suffered from low lows.

Just hope that Star Fox 2's rightful return into the light of day will spark a movement towards more fan love and encouragement for the series to finally take a direction that's satisfactory. And probably not go through a revolving door of every dev company in the world.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, I think Nintendo needs to approach the Star Fox franchise like it's Star Wars. Like roaming around planets instead of just only doing Arwing and Tank missions. Give it world building with a bunch of unique characters to boot. It would certainly make the franchise more interesting and make more people invest in it if they go down that route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom