• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

chikin

Coin Collector
At that point, the only thing left of Grunty that can even threaten anyone in some way is her eyes. Kinda like in Clean Asia.
I already got an idea for how I would make Banjo-Threeies story, at that point she already has her skin back and is green and ugly again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, we finally have actual rumors for an incoming general Direct...a little over two weeks from now, which is a long killswitch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tions_expected_to_air_before_the_end_of_march

That guy is probably going to die though, since leaks are not endorsed these days.

581002DD-B429-48C2-B308-0798FA964983.gif

Welp, anyone cancel your E3 plans, that stupid virus forced it's cancellation for this year.
Nintendo: "So...we just do the same thing as every year then."

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So, we finally have actual rumors for an incoming general Direct...a little over two weeks from now, which is a long killswitch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tions_expected_to_air_before_the_end_of_march

That guy is probably going to die though, since leaks are not endorsed these days.

View attachment 265407

Nintendo: "So...we just do the same thing as every year then."
Yeah, hopefully with them having it as a broadcast anyway, they can still have an E3 Nintendo Direct. To be fair, Nintendo is the only thing I usually look forward to at E3 anyway, so hopefully it's still on the docket for a presentation. Especially given the drought of full Nintendo Directs so far anyway. But we did have Smash, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing Directs already this year, so I don't think we can complain too much. But I do want to see what new titles and ports we might get. Still having my fingers crossed Banjo & Kazooie will get another chance to shine on the Switch somehow. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting his first game re-released on the Switch in HD, and I'm so flipping excited! One of my favorite games for the Gamecube. If Crash, Spyro, and freaking Ty the Tasmanian Tiger can be on the Switch, so should Banjo. Hopefully Nintendo and Microsoft can work something out! Also hoping to see more of Breath of the Wild 2 this year.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Would a Banjo-Kazooie racing game be cool?
View attachment 265423
It'd be so cool, especially with a bunch of courses based on different levels from the games. All of the worlds in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie would make freaking perfect racing courses, each with their own unique theme similar to Mario Kart levels. Imagine racing courses based on Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak (driving up the snowman's scarf and down the end would be so boss!), Mad Monster Mansion, Click Clock Wood, Glitter Gulch Mine (on the mine cart railroad track, no less!), Witchyworld, Terrydactyland, and Cloud Cuckooland! They'd be so fun to race around in. I'd even be down for the car customization from Nuts n' Bolts as a way to make your own vehicles. It'd be cool too to have it be similar to Diddy Kong Racing with car, hovercraft/boat, and plane vehicles and versions of different courses. I like the idea of it being a Rare character roster too, not just Banjo-Kazooie characters, although like RetrogamerMax mentioned, Conker would absolutely have to partake. Tiptup too and maybe even the other Diddy Kong racers that have been left behind like Timber, Bumper, Taj, Pipsy, and Drumstick. Of course, my other thought was thinking how could it would be to see Banjo & Kazooie in a Mario Kart game, because to me, Banjo-Kazooie is basically another sub-universe in the Mario universe akin to how Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario are considered sub-universes of Mario, but even further down the rabbit hole as a sub-sub-universe of the Donkey Kong universe! It'd be so cool to see Banjo & Kazooie cross over into more games in the future, as well as get back into the gaming scene more. We need them!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Before a Banjo racing game, it'd be cool if he and the gal got to show up as guests for the Xbox version of CTR Nitro-Fueled, although the chances of that are admittedly low.

Yeah, hopefully with them having it as a broadcast anyway, they can still have an E3 Nintendo Direct. To be fair, Nintendo is the only thing I usually look forward to at E3 anyway, so hopefully it's still on the docket for a presentation. Especially given the drought of full Nintendo Directs so far anyway. But we did have Smash, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing Directs already this year, so I don't think we can complain too much. But I do want to see what new titles and ports we might get. Still having my fingers crossed Banjo & Kazooie will get another chance to shine on the Switch somehow. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting his first game re-released on the Switch in HD, and I'm so flipping excited! One of my favorite games for the Gamecube. If Crash, Spyro, and freaking Ty the Tasmanian Tiger can be on the Switch, so should Banjo. Hopefully Nintendo and Microsoft can work something out! Also hoping to see more of Breath of the Wild 2 this year.
In any case, there still needs to be a general direct before the Japanese fiscal year starts on April 1st, so that the investor and stock market overlords remain pleased. At this stage, I mainly just want a Super Mario 3D World port, so that my mind can be set at ease about that.

In regards to last year's E3, I have quite enjoyed the news from the Japanese side of the industry. The Western side was almost unilaterally underwhelming, from what I've heard, so not even streaming events could save that if they don't clean up their act (although Activision is likely to have something for Crash, that's for sure).

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They’re bad trust me, wonderwing is keeping them from being low tier
honestly it doesn't matter, the wonderwing is something you can ignore but if you want to be good at it then be cautious on how you do it(it's tricky to retain it in single player modes).

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
And Gamexplain mentioned the rumors too and you know it might be real if they talk about it.

Adding this here as to not in trouble, the ESA is talking with their partners to see if they would like to do a digital E3 this year. After all. Nintendo's been doing that since 2014...I think.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How does Banjo weigh as much as Snake?
Well, he's presumably got plenty of stuff in that backpack. Also, more muscles than in canon.

And Gamexplain mentioned the rumors too and you know it might be real if they talk about it.

Adding this here as to not in trouble, the ESA is talking with their partners to see if they would like to do a digital E3 this year. After all. Nintendo's been doing that since 2014...I think.
Yeah, if Jeff doesn't get snubbed like Zippo was (presumably because of you-know-what), we should be hearing something by the end of the month. And Gameexplain's Jon Cartwright retweeted footage of baby otters earlier this month, if that even factors into anything.

Basically, yeah. For Nintendo it'll be business as usual. Like it's Tuesday, or something.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
Well, he's presumably got plenty of stuff in that backpack. Also, more muscles than in canon.
He's canonically a honey bear which is the one of if not the smallest species of bears, only weighing up to 170 pounds. It's a safe guess that Snake is at least weighs 200 pounds because of his muscular body and his height. Banjo only has Kazooie in his backpack while Snake is carrying a lot of explosives. If you compare other birds to Kazooie, she actually would only weigh 10 pounds because birds need to be light in order to fly. Banjo probably weighs 170 - 200 pounds while Snake probably weighs 200 + all the equipment he is carrying which means he will be a lot heavier then usual. Weight isn't supposed to be canon because characters like Inkling weigh more then Joker or Terry weighing more then Wario.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He's canonically a honey bear which is the one of if not the smallest species of bears, only weighing up to 170 pounds. It's a safe guess that Snake is at least weighs 200 pounds because of his muscular body and his height. Banjo only has Kazooie in his backpack while Snake is carrying a lot of explosives. If you compare other birds to Kazooie, she actually would only weigh 10 pounds because birds need to be light in order to fly. Banjo probably weighs 170 - 200 pounds while Snake probably weighs 200 + all the equipment he is carrying which means he will be a lot heavier then usual. Weight isn't supposed to be canon because characters like Inkling weigh more then Joker or Terry weighing more then Wario.
Not that any of it matters much in Smash, seeing as someone as tiny as Olimar is around the same size as the others here, never mind K. Rool changing size for some appearances.

Granted, Kazooie can poop out grenades and robots, but that's besides the point.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I am worried this stupid virus will stop Animal Crossing's release next week. As our Government will prevent the game to be put onto shelves and only the digital version is allowed to release...I am also hoping those infected will recover. It makes me feel bad that they might die...

Anyone there? Hello?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I saw Little Z made another You Lose You Cosplay, and was crossing my fingers hoping he would lose to the bear and bird. Did not disappoint.

As for Banjo & Kazooie's strengths as a Smash character. First, from everything I've read, and from playing the game casually, the game is balanced well that the differences within tiers and even between tiers is small. Second, they're placed anywhere from high-mid tier, to mid-tier, depending on the player. They're good--not great, but to say they suck is a huge exaggeration. Third, a character's weaknesses can be a strength in the right hands. while I'm not as familiar with the lingo, from what I've heard, they have a lot of flexibility--great at edge guarding, and have a great recovery for mix ups. Best at being long-range fighters. It all depends on the player.

But all of that doesn't matter--if I had to choose between a fun average character and a boring high-tier character, I'd pick the former in a heartbeat. I like Banjo & Kazooie because they're a jack of all trades, even if that means a master at none. Would it be nice if they were also Super-Mega-Death-High-Tier and all the pros played them? Kinda, but that'd be counteracted by all the claims of them being broken. I'd rather have a character that's fun for me to play as, and still to this day, I rarely play as anyone else. May not be your cup of tea, but fun is what matters to me the most.

chikin

Coin Collector
Not that any of it matters much in Smash, seeing as someone as tiny as Olimar is around the same size as the others here, never mind K. Rool changing size for some appearances.

Granted, Kazooie can poop out grenades and robots, but that's besides the point.
Snake is taller than Banjo but I noticed how wide Banjo is, a lot wider then Snake. Banjo is a lot bigger in terms of overall size, Snake is just taller. So I guess their weight make sense, maybe Banjo weighs more then Snake alone, but Snake is carrying a lot more equipment.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So I played through Grunty's Revenge on a GBA emulator. Pretty decent for an isometric platformer but it could get pretty confusing knowing what you could jump on and from where.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Fatman's rumors are correct, TPC isn't that comfortable with even wanting DLC for their major Pokémon games in the first place anyway.

I would rather prefer a delay than seeing the staff dying, so I can wait.

On a lighter note, Clive 'N Wrench keep the mascot platformer revival going, now that it's greenlighted.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nostalgia within nostalgia:

I don't know if that Corona virus reference should be funny or not. Honestly I don't find any Corona virus reference funny.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So they shadowdropped a Nintendo Direct mini today and announced the next fighter in the second Fighter Pass is none other than an ARMS character! Who it might be they haven't stated yet, but I'm very happy a playable rep is getting in regardless! They apparently going to be released in June, so we might get confirmation of another fighter by then if Nintendo still does an E3 Direct. Love having new IPS represented in Smash and it seems silly to not have an ARMS rep since they're literally from another Nintendo fighting game! Can't wait to see how they play and what stage and music they bring with them!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
You know what? Forget Playtonic, these are the folks you'd want behind a new B-K:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This game is starting to give me some serious Twelve Tales vibes.
Nah... Would still much rather have Playtonic take on the reigns of a new Banjo-Kazooie game, While "Yooka-Laylee" had somewhat of a mix reception they showed that they can still make a great game with "Impossible Lair" (Even if it's 2D rather than 3D), Ever since their 1st game they have increased the size of their studio by recruiting even more Ex-Rare dev's and have added some fresh new blood as well.

If backed by Microsoft and in collaboration with Rare (Which a chunk of Playtonics team are already familiar and have work with) I still believe they can make an a great Banjo-Kazooie game whether it's a sequel, Reboot or Remaster.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I gotta say, I wasn't expecting a character from ARMS (considering Spring Man's already an Assist Trophy, not to mention the handful of Spirits), so this sounds rather interesting, and while I'm not super familiar with the game myself, the basic concept sounds like something that could bring something new to the table for Smash, so I'm rather intrigued!

Top Bottom