• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah! Sakurai's fingers though...is it a hint or just coincidence?
...I will never understand why people seem to take every single little thing that Sakurai does as a hint/clue of some kind. Are they THAT desperate for their particular character to be in the game?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...I will never understand why people seem to take every single little thing that Sakurai does as a hint/clue of some kind. Are they THAT desperate for their particular character to be in the game?
In a word, yes. It gets worse, some have analysed the BG colors of this, too.

Fans for this series probably put in far more effort into overthinking and overanalysing things than trying to improve themselves as players. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't think it's a complete stretch. I'm adament the fake Smash ball was a hint towards Hero--it's just that it was a hint nobody would get without knowing how the character works (i.e., the Kamikazee animation). I'm certain he wouldn't do a hint where people could accurately guess who it is, though.

Can't wait to find out who it is!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a complete stretch. I'm adament the fake Smash ball was a hint towards Hero--it's just that it was a hint nobody would get without knowing how the character works (i.e., the Kamikazee animation). I'm certain he wouldn't do a hint where people could accurately guess who it is, though.

Can't wait to find out who it is!
...No offense, but that sounded like a REALLY big stretch.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I remember some people saying that the Smash Ball was hinting at Banjo-Kazooie because it looked like the Xbox logo when you tilt it to the side.

Also felt like a stretch too as for the most part people seem to overanalyze Sakurai's surroundings or what he does.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
No offense taken, but what's the stretch? Everyone says that without actually providing a reason. When watching the Kamikazee reveal in Hero's video, it immediately reminded me of a fake Smash ball. Is it possible there was no connection? Sure. But no one has come up with a reasonable interpretation. At least here, there's a direct connection in the explosion animations (different, but similar). I consider it a stretch when there's no direct connection.

But there's no reason to argue about that because it's unimportant. Especially now that I'm no longer concerned with those kinds of speculations. I'm just looking forward to seeing who #5 is. :grin:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
No offense taken, but what's the stretch? Everyone says that without actually providing a reason. When watching the Kamikazee reveal in Hero's video, it immediately reminded me of a fake Smash ball. Is it possible there was no connection? Sure. But no one has come up with a reasonable interpretation. At least here, there's a direct connection in the explosion animations (different, but similar). I consider it a stretch when there's no direct connection.

But there's no reason to argue about that because it's unimportant. Especially now that I'm no longer concerned with those kinds of speculations. I'm just looking forward to seeing who #5 is. :grin:
It's a stretch because it's SUCH a minor detail that could've meant anything; hell, it could've just been a joke. And plus it's basically yet another example of people looking WAY too deeply into stuff Sakurai does.

Ultimately, it comes off as people grasping at straws.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Lately I have been thinking about who are the biggest or likeliest video game characters to make it in the fighters pass or future DLC based on their respective genre and I think I narrowed it down to what I believe are the most likeliest of 3rd Party candidates for each category.

Platformer:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

First Person Shooter:
-Master Chief (Halo)
-Doom Slayer

Fighting:
-Heihachi (Tekken)

Hack n Slash:
-Ryu Hayebusa (Ninja Gaiden)
-Dante (Devil May Cry)

JRPG:
-Lloyd Irving (Tales)

I'm sure there's probably a few more missing characters or genres, But these are the biggest ones that I can think of off the top my head that probably make the most sense.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Lately I have been thinking about who are the biggest or likeliest video game characters to make it in the fighters pass or future DLC based on their respective genre and I think I narrowed it down to what I believe are the most likeliest of 3rd Party candidates for each category.

Platformer:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

First Person Shooter:
-Master Chief (Halo)
-Doom Slayer

Fighting:
-Heihachi (Tekken)

Hack n Slash:
-Dante (Devil May Cry)

JRPG:
-Lloyd Irving (Tales)

I'm sure there's probably a few more missing characters or genres, But these are the biggest ones that I can think of off the top my head that probably make the most sense.

Platformer:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Rayman

First Person Shooter:
-Master Chief (Halo)
-Doom Slayer

Fighting:
-Heihachi (Tekken)

Hack n Slash:
-Dante (Devil May Cry)

JRPG:
-Lloyd Irving (Tales)

You forgot Shantae in the platformer list!

Dang loading problems! Sorry for the double!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
You forgot Shantae in the platformer list!

Dang loading problems! Sorry for the double!
Sorry, But I wouldn't put her in the same league as Crash or Rayman and don't see her getting in, Crash Bandicoot and to a lesser extent Rayman should be prioritzed first as they are the biggest names left in the platforming genre that have left their mark in the industry and have yet to make the roster.

That's why I went with the most biggest/bigger video game characters in each genre as they seem more likelier and safer bets.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's a stretch because it's SUCH a minor detail that could've meant anything; hell, it could've just been a joke. And plus it's basically yet another example of people looking WAY too deeply into stuff Sakurai does.

Ultimately, it comes off as people grasping at straws.
I disagree, as making the connections after the announcement can't be grasping at straws--there's no motivation to predict anything, just explain. Now, I think people looking at Sakurai's hand gestures and coming up with anything from Travis Touchdown to Kingdom Hearts III *is* grasping at straws, as it's using limited information, before a reveal has even happened, to make a case for their favorite character. Same with a chair meaning Skull Kid. Those are actual cases of grasping at straws, because of the limited information. Here, though, all the information has already came out, and it's looking back. I see nothing wrong with people after the Direct seeing what his hand gesture could have been referring to. I think there's a meaningful distinction between those ways of thinking.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I disagree, as making the connections after the announcement can't be grasping at straws--there's no motivation to predict anything, just explain. Now, I think people looking at Sakurai's hand gestures and coming up with anything from Travis Touchdown to Kingdom Hearts III *is* grasping at straws, as it's using limited information, before a reveal has even happened, to make a case for their favorite character. Same with a chair meaning Skull Kid. Those are actual cases of grasping at straws, because of the limited information. Here, though, all the information has already came out, and it's looking back. I see nothing wrong with people after the Direct seeing what his hand gesture could have been referring to. I think there's a meaningful distinction between those ways of thinking.
I thought you were referring to people believing that Fake Smash Ball meaning something at the time, not looking back in hindsight. I still feel like that's over-thinking things a bit.

And yeah, I definitely feel that people thinking Sakurai's hand gesture means anything is grasping at straws.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I thought you were referring to people believing that Fake Smash Ball meaning something at the time, not looking back in hindsight. I still feel like that's over-thinking things a bit.

And yeah, I definitely feel that people thinking Sakurai's hand gesture means anything is grasping at straws.
Yeah, the speculations prior were predictably hilarious in hindsight. But it's the only kind of hints I could see Sakurai doing--something that nobody could use to predict who it is, but a little Easter egg for those after the presentation. It fits, but it's obviously also not conclusive and could very well mean nothing. I certainly believe if Sakurai does do hints, it'll be the kinds that will only be done in hindsight, as he almost certainly doesn't want to spoil it.

Anyways, less than 2 more hours until the reveal! Can't wait!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alrighty then, so Byleth...did not see that coming, though I guess in a way it kind of works to have a reveal like this after the other ones. I do like that not only is his sword unique (being a cross between a sword and whip), but that he also utilizes his other weapons for more than just his Specials. He looks like an interesting fighter, though as usual, full judgment on him will be reserved for when I'm actually able to play him.

The stage looks kind of meh though.

Also, we're getting six additional fighters in a second Fighter's Pass. Huzzah!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yay ANOTHER fire emblem character

so much for all the DLC fighter are from a series not represented in smash bros yet......NOT REPRESENTED IN SMASH BROS YET ! Hmmm?

Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina, corrin, chrom, AM I MISSING ANY ? never had any fire emblem represented in smash B4

but this Fire Emblem 3 Houses direct was dope what a great advertisment

(sucks for fire emblem fans are like pokemon fans a little bit fan favorites like lyn hector get subbed for the newist protags)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
All I can say is that I dodged a bullet with this Season 1 Fighter's Pass, Banjo-Kazooie is the only one that I bought and cared about and is probably my main now as I have mastered them pretty well.

- Didn't care much for Joker, Don't hate him, just really wasn't interested in him. But at least you can say he's pretty different from your average JRPG character and I will say some of the music is kind of catchy. (Mainly that Aria of the Soul track)

- Terry didn't do too much for me either, But I can respect it's history with how King of Fighters influenced Sakurai to create the Super Smash Bros franchise and I do like the sound of some of his attacks (Are you ok? Buster Wolf !!!)

- Hero and Blythe were the least hyped and tuned out on both reveals almost immediately as they did absolutely nothing for me and was a disappointing ending to this season's fighter pass.

Hopefully Season 2 has a lot more diversity as Season 1 looks completely lopsided with Banjo-Kazooie there all by themselves, But will avoid buying that pass as well since I don't have many characters that I still want left and chances are like the 1st season that (Other than maybe 1 or 2 fighters) most will likely cater very little to my taste.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
This has to be the first season pass I've ever had which has left me so fulfilled.

Four characters I really wanted in Smash, and one character who brought in abilities I really like and played well for me (AKA Joker).

Incidentally, the tears of FE haters will always taste delicious.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
All I can say is thank Sakurai for Banjo & Kazooie finally getting in because that Byleth reveal was super underwhelming smh. I will say, before Byleth's reveal, other than Joker who's character and game don't do a thing for me, I was really digging the Fighter Pass. Hero was a surprise with Erdrick, Solo, Eight, and the Luminary all playable characters with a Mana/RPG Command Selection system that was amazing, Terry Bogard showing up with an amazing fighting style dissimilar to Ryu & Ken, and of course Banjo & Kazooie finally getting in at long last after decades of waiting and begging and praying for their return to Nintendo through Super Smash Bros. I'm sure Byleth will be a fun addition and with the announcement of six more fighters, I really can't complain. I just wish they had held off on Byleth till the next Fighter Pass. With Three Houses being so popular, I knew it was inevitable someone from the game would be included, but why did it have to be in a Pass that had nothing but unrepresented third-party characters before hand? Also hoping the following DLC characters will be more than just human/anime-style characters/swordfighters. Hopefully more cartoony characters like Crash Bandicoot will finally be added to the roster to even things out.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Welp--I was actually kinda wrong. I assumed you wouldn't be able to guess the fighter from a hint, and yet Three Houses seems kinda really obvious in hindsight now. I guess he liked taking advantage of the fact that 17 in binary hand gestures looks like a 3 and couldn't help himself. :rotfl:

I'm happy for Fire Emblem fans. I feel sorry for so many who were devastated. For me, I don't care--I got my Banjo & Kazooie, and that's all that matters to me. Thank you, Sakurai! I'm sure with SIX more characters, there will be plenty of more fun awaiting.

(I know you're not taking suggestions, but... Craaaaaaaaaaaaash)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Welp--I was actually kinda wrong. I assumed you wouldn't be able to guess the fighter from a hint, and yet Three Houses seems kinda really obvious in hindsight now. I guess he liked taking advantage of the fact that 17 in binary hand gestures looks like a 3 and couldn't help himself. :rotfl:

I'm happy for Fire Emblem fans. I feel sorry for so many who were devastated. For me, I don't care--I got my Banjo & Kazooie, and that's all that matters to me. Thank you, Sakurai! I'm sure with SIX more characters, there will be plenty of more fun awaiting.

(I know you're not taking suggestions, but... Craaaaaaaaaaaaash)
On the bright side, leakers who kept spewing Ryu Hyabusa or Doom Guy can finally shut up. Also I wanted Rayman!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Banjoooooooooooo!"

Admit it, you lot enjoyed that bit.

On the bright side, leakers who kept spewing Ryu Hyabusa or Doom Guy can finally shut up. Also I wanted Rayman!
At least Rayman only has a Schrodinger's Cat situation. And this keeps the Rabbids out for like 10 years.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was false leakers who spread out Ryu/Doom in the first place. I'll never understand why so many people bought into a fake text leak from 5Chan...

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I cried w
"Banjoooooooooooo!"

Admit it, you lot enjoyed that bit.

At least Rayman only has a Schrodinger's Cat situation. And this keeps the Rabbids out for like 10 years.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was false leakers who spread out Ryu/Doom in the first place. I'll never understand why so many people bought into a fake text leak from 5Chan...
I cried when I saw Banjo come home, but even Goku would've been better than yet another Fire Emblem character!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Dropping in here after a long absence from the 'Boards to proclaim my undying love for B-K and announce that I now main them. Egg ledge traps are just too fun.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
When the smash fanbase is drowning in salt, but you already got all the characters you wanted so you don't even care about who gets in.

05onfire1_xp-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Chill. We're not getting any more FE characters after this, since TH is the most recent entry.

Just remember that the early parts of a reveal pattern usually have at least one or two characters that appeal to as wide a fanbase as possible, so chances are good that'll happen for FP2.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Regarding Season 2 Fighters Pass I think their are 2 locks that are very likely to make the roster based on today's reveal.

- Pokemon Sword and Shield rep, Probably a starter's final evolution (I hope it's Inteleon) based on how they will probably use the pass to advertise another recent release and why wouldn't they go with a much more bigger franchise and powerhouse that is Pokemon?

- Rayman's chances looked good after Smash Wii U had his Trophy in the game and seemed like a shoe in for Ultimate, But after some time has passed and that died down, It looks like Ubisoft's mascot's chances have been rejuvenated with the recent reveals of Assassin's Creed and Rabbid costumes showing that Nintendo and Ubisoft are still making deals whether their small or large.

I would be cool and happy with these 2 inclusions next season as I'm a big Pokemon fan and have been enjoying Sword and Shield and will be pulling for Inteleon because he's the most badass of all the starters final evolutions and while I don't have much history with the Rayman franchise, He is one of the bigger names left in gaming and platforming to have yet to make the roster and has significant history to have earned a spot on the roster not to mention Nintendo and Ubisoft have a strong partnership as of lately.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IT BETTER NOT ! BE INTELEON ! I HAAATTTEEEE ! THAT SKINNY UGGLY POKEMON !!! WORST POKEMON DESING YET ! NO !!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO !

gose from cute sobble to an emo thing to that ugly skinny sonic the headghog regect then he Gmaxs into a school shoot ! WORST POKEMON EVRER !

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
IT BETTER NOT ! BE INTELEON ! I HAAATTTEEEE ! THAT SKINNY UGGLY POKEMON !!! WORST POKEMON DESING YET ! NO !!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO !

gose from cute sobble to an emo thing to that ugly skinny sonic the headghog regect then he Gmaxs into a school shoot ! WORST POKEMON EVRER !
I don't want any of those final evolutions. It was already bad enough Incineroar stole Mimikyu/Lycanroc's spot.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Calm down drama queen, His final evolution is the most badass and marketable of the 3, A Chameleon Spy with pistol and sniper water based attacks looks and sounds more cooler than a Soccer Bunny and a Drum Banging Gorilla.

If Pokemon gets a Gen 8 Sword and Shield rep it's likely gonna be a final evolution starter or to a lesser extent some other significant promo or marketable Pokemon on the level of Lucario probably like Kubfu/Urshifu (Kung Fu Bears)

The Pokemon Company without a doubt would want to push one of the 3 starters as Ash's primary Pokemon this gen (No surprise there) and with his new traveling companion already having Scorbunny well that just leaves Grookey and Sobble which means It's likely gonna come down to Inteleon or Rillaboom, I can see a scenario where they go with Rillaboom to round out all 3 elemental types with Greninja and Incineroar, But Inteleon without a doubt is the more cooler and marketable type that is very reminiscent of Greninja and Sceptile and we saw how big of a push they got, So my bet is that Inteleon will get the biggest push out of all 3 starters as Ash's main starter this Gen which only dramatically raises his chances of becoming the Pokemon Sword and Shield rep for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't want any of those final evolutions. It was already bad enough Incineroar stole Mimikyu/Lycanroc's spot.
Mimikyu and Lycanroc are cool, But chances were they didn't have a roster spot secured for them unless they were a starter that "The Pokemon Company" was gonna push through the anime and it was very likely gonna come down to Incineroar or Decidueye. The same can be said for Greninja and Charizard too.

Not defending Incineroar because while I loved the setting of the Alola Region, I personally think Gen 7 had the most weakest and least appealing class of Starters/Final Evolutions in franchise history in terms of design and aesthetics.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Mimikyu and Lycanroc are cool, But chances were they didn't have a roster spot secured for them unless they were a starter that "The Pokemon Company" was gonna push through the anime and it was very likely gonna come down to Incineroar or Decidueye. The same can be said for Greninja and Charizard too.

Not defending Incineroar because while I loved the setting of the Alola Region, I personally think Gen 7 had the most weakest and dissapointing class of Starters/Final Evolutions in franchise history in the design and aesthetics department.
What of the upcoming DLC Legendary, Urshifu? Does it have a stand chance to be DLC?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While many competitive players have dropped Banjo & Kazooie, it looks like Trela is taking on the mantle of being the best Banjo & Kazooie player. Was hoping Nairo or Tweak would keep at it since they're the more high profile ones that were supporting the bear and bird, but anyone who gives Banjo & Kazooie a chance I'll be following. I'm disappointed but content with their status--we were one of the underdogs in Smash speculation for a decade, and finally made it in! I'm sure, especially with their potential, they'll be showing more promise in the future.

Anybody who knows any streamers, casual or competitive, that regularly plays as Banjo & Kazooie? Only one I can think of is Hackoru.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, this has been a while, and see no one has responded, so sorry if this is late advice.

1. I'm assuming it's the propeller one, rather than the one in the engine room? Because the one in the engine room can be collected so long as you activate the fan button in one of the ventilators to slow them down. As for the propeller one, this took me a while to get down, even going as fast as possible it seems really close. Knowing exactly which direction to go when leaving the smoke stack door is a must, and you can get more speed in by jumping over the gears and landing on the middle/end of the thin walking paths. Try to find as many paths as you can skip by jumping over them. Takes a lot of time and trial and error, and if playing on the original game, I would recommend doing that one first, as that's the only one where you have to really worry about a one-mistake kill, and then collect the notes after getting both the engine room and propeller jiggies.

2. I haven't played the ending of Tooie in so long, so I don't have many recommendations. I don't think it's rubberbanding like a lot of people say, because even when I mashed as fast as I could, Mary would fly by me. My general technique for mashing is using both of my thumbs to mash and alternate, but I'm very inconsistent when it comes to mashing, so that's more someone else's area of expertise. Apologies for only seeing this now, so if you already beat them, congrats. :)

Top Bottom