• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Phil said in an interview at Banjo’s reveal that he is willing to let other rare characters in, as in characters that are owned by Microsoft. Rare was such an important part of Nintendo’s history, why wouldn’t you let another one in? The only logical choice is Conker, which is the 2nd face of rare when it comes it fans. I’m pretty sure rare considers Conker the 1st face of their company. He had the most screen time in the Xbox commercial, he is in front of everybody in the rare replay art, he appeared in project spark and a VR game and left Banjo in the dust. I think he has a nonexistent chance of being fighter 5, but I think he has a good chance of getting in after the fighters pass.
"Left Banjo in the dust"

I'm a fan of Conker too, But you wanna know where Banjo-Kazooie left Conker in the dust ?

Where it matters most... "Sales" and it's not even close.

Heyooo !!!

Sorry, But you left yourself open and I just had to say it.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Phil said in an interview at Banjo’s reveal that he is willing to let other rare characters in, as in characters that are owned by Microsoft. Rare was such an important part of Nintendo’s history, why wouldn’t you let another one in? The only logical choice is Conker, which is the 2nd face of rare when it comes it fans. I’m pretty sure rare considers Conker the 1st face of their company. He had the most screen time in the Xbox commercial, he is in front of everybody in the rare replay art, he appeared in project spark and a VR game and left Banjo in the dust. I think he has a nonexistent chance of being fighter 5, but I think he has a good chance of getting in after the fighters pass.
How Dare You Bring Up The VR Game, that didn't have a good appearance of Conker. you also forgot to mention the remaster.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
"Left Banjo in the dust"

I'm a fan of Conker too, But you wanna know where Banjo-Kazooie left Conker in the dust ?

Where it matters most... "Sales" and it's not even close.

Heyooo !!!

Sorry, But you left yourself open and I just had to say it.
What do you mean?

I meant before smash, banjo was left in the dust in 2008 while Conker made appearances in 2015/2016

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
What do you mean?

I meant before smash, banjo was left in the dust in 2008 while Conker made appearances in 2015/2016
As in lifetime sales of the series.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is the sole game that fans care about because it's a funny, great and unique game and Live & Reloaded to a lesser extent which was just a remaster.

Nobody cares about some Microsoft hololens demo that made Conker look like garbage and an episodic halfass sequel demo with Conker assets that got canceled prematurely because Project Spark was a failure and got shut down only a couple of years after launch.

Conker fans want to see a true sequel like "Other Bad Fur Day" none of that crap mentioned above that's not even worth bringing up as a defense in an arguement, Your just using them as "Padding" as if they were big budget releases to be proud of,

Speaking of padding your constantly nitpicking minor things just try and 1UP Banjo-Kazooie and make it seem like Conker is more important like saying he has more screen time on the 2001 Xbox trailer when Microsoft bought Rare out and how apparently he's on front center on the cover of Rare Replay when it's both Conker and Banjo-Kazooie front center on the box art.

I can play that game and nitpick Banjo-Kazooie too.

- Sakurai considered Banjo-KazooienBut not Conker for Melee.

- On Rare Replay he's the first character to appear in the opening to the theme song saying "Guh-Huh!!!".

- Banjo-Kazooie has 3 games on that compilation while Conker only has 1.

- What about Xbox One Bundle and Game Pass advertisements and packaging from 2018 and now? I don't see Conker on them.

That's how this game we are playing works right?

71ph815eNoL._AC_.jpg

71Zjskz7uLL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you want to bring up the Microsoft Hololens demo and view it as something worth mentioning and say 2008 is Banjo-Kazooie's last appearance that's where you are wrong,

You know what other Rare character appeared in 2015?

Not a lot people even know about this, Even some Banjo-Kazooie fans, You want to know why? Because it's not worth bringing up and we don't care about stuff like this, We want Banjo-Threeie or a reboot not this.

Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are both awesome Rareware characters and many fans of the company love both including myself, But whether you like it or not you have to face the facts and get it through your head.

Banjo-Kazooie is Rare's most biggest, popular, successful and beloved of their original and classic IP's, There's a reason why they were viewed as such a big deal when they were chosen to represent Rare in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
As in lifetime sales of the series.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is the sole game that fans care about because it's a funny, great and unique game and Live & Reloaded to a lesser extent which was just a remaster.

Nobody cares about some Microsoft hololens demo that made Conker look like garbage and an episodic halfass sequel demo with Conker assets that got canceled prematurely because Project Spark was a failure and got shut down only a couple of years after launch.

Conker fans want to see a true sequel like "Other Bad Fur Day" none of that crap mentioned above that's not even worth bringing up as a defense in an arguement, Your just using them as "Padding" as if they were big budget releases to be proud of,

Speaking of padding your constantly nitpicking minor things just try and 1UP Banjo-Kazooie and make it seem like Conker is more important like saying he has more screen time on the 2001 Xbox trailer when Microsoft bought Rare out and how apparently he's on front center on the cover of Rare Replay when it's both Conker and Banjo-Kazooie front center on the box art.

I can play that game and nitpick Banjo-Kazooie too. On Rare Replay he's the first character to appear in the opening to the Rare Replay theme song saying "Guh-Huh!!!" and guess what Banjo-Kazooie has 3 games on that compilation while Conker only has 1, What about Xbox One Bundle and Game Pass advertisements and packaging from 2018 and now? I don't see Conker on them, That's how this game we are playing works right?
View attachment 256668

View attachment 256669
If you want to bring up the Microsoft Hololens demo and view it as something worth mentioning and say 2008 is Banjo-Kazooie's last appearance that's where you are wrong,

You know what other Rare character appeared in 2015?

Not a lot people even know about this, Even some Banjo-Kazooie fans, You want to know why? Because it's not worth bringing up and we don't care about stuff like this, We want Banjo-Threeie or a reboot not this.
I never said the VR game or the episodic game should be something I should be proud of, I only bring those up because they CHOSE Conker instead of Banjo, which implies that they like or think Conker has more potential then Banjo. That was a demo only playable at the game awards and was never released to the public, so it doesn’t count.

Conker only flopped in sales because it was released at the end of the N64 (2001), it was for a mature audience, and had poor marketing. Conker is actually more popular when it comes to emulators, if you go to Emu paradise and go to most downloaded in the N64 section, you can see that Conker is the 2nd most downloaded N64 game, more then both Kazooie and Tooie.

Funny how when ever Conker is brought up in Smash brothers that he gets a lot of attention. Pizza dude man guy made a Conker for smash video which got a lot more views then his most recent videos, even more then Rayman, or Steve. Not to mention it was on a poll and he bested characters like Spyro or Sora. Another YouTuber, Enigma did a Conker smash video and it got more views then Banjo Kazooie and it came out sooner. In fact, the video got more views then characters like Geno, Rayman, Ridley, K.Rool, and Sora.

I feel like Conker is one of those characters that stay under the radar, but will bring a lot of hype if he gets revealed.

I could argue that why Sakurai only considered Banjo for Melee is that CBFD came out the same year, and was never released in Japan. I heard they were going to add Banjo as a trophy, not a fighter.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Do we really need to argue over which Rare character Microsoft thinks has the most potential?

All I care about is Banjo and Conker are friends, and Banjo would be happy if Conker made it in. You could argue in circles forever who's "better". Banjo had more sales, Conker had more of a cult following, Microsoft remade Conker and uses him in lame projects, Sakurai picked Banjo & Kazooie due to their popularity among Smash fans.

What I want is for both series to go back to their roots--Banjo & Kazooie deserve a legitimate Threeie platforming adventure. Conker needs to get out of this E-to-T prototype dreck and go back to M-rated insanity. Do I think those will happen? Probably not, to be honest. Both fit Nintendo, and don't fit Microsoft. Banjo & Kazooie's audience is mainly with Nintendo, and did not switch over to Microsoft. Conker's image of this M-rated oasis on a generally family friendly platform is no longer viable on Xbox platforms. But I can hope.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Conker Conker Conker Conker
Conker: Marvelous! :grin:

I don’t think Dixie Kong or Krystal qualify as a rare character. They are from franchises owned by Nintendo, which means they don’t have to ask Microsoft for another character. They are unlikely for ultimate because they are from franchises that are represented and Krystal is already an assist trophy. Conker would be a far more interesting choice for a fighter then both mainly because he would bring in more additions to the game that no other fighter has.
It's true they are no longer tied with Rare anymore, but they're Rare's babies so I still call them and K. Rool Rare characters regardless of them being completely owned by Nintendo.

I agree that Rare sees Conker as one of their icons/mascots. But Conker isn't above Banjo & Kazooie by any means. While not as somewhat relevant as Conker in recent years, they're N64 icons and were literal stars of the system along with Mario, Link, Pikachu, and DK. They were all over promotional material during that era and were even on the box for a special N64 bundle released in Australia. The bear and bird were on that box with Mario, Link, Pikachu, and DK. They were/are Nintendo all stars even more than Conker I would say. Though, Conker is definitely Rare's number 2 in terms of their original creations.

Conker only flopped in sales because it was released at the end of the N64 (2001), it was for a mature audience, and had poor marketing.
The reason Conker's Bad Fur Day flopped in sales was because of big stores and advertisers not willing to sell the game because of it's high sexual nudity, gore, and language. They were afraid to sell that game because of parents so the only stores that were willing to sell it was like adult video stores and such. Nintendo Power in their last issue actually apologized to the fans and Rare for not covering the game while it was out and said it was a great game.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Do we really need to argue over which Rare character Microsoft thinks has the most potential?

All I care about is Banjo and Conker are friends, and Banjo would be happy if Conker made it in. You could argue in circles forever who's "better". Banjo had more sales, Conker had more of a cult following, Microsoft remade Conker and uses him in lame projects, Sakurai picked Banjo & Kazooie due to their popularity among Smash fans.

What I want is for both series to go back to their roots--Banjo & Kazooie deserve a legitimate Threeie platforming adventure. Conker needs to get out of this E-to-T prototype dreck and go back to M-rated insanity. Do I think those will happen? Probably not, to be honest. Both fit Nintendo, and don't fit Microsoft. Banjo & Kazooie's audience is mainly with Nintendo, and did not switch over to Microsoft. Conker's image of this M-rated oasis on a generally family friendly platform is no longer viable on Xbox platforms. But I can hope.
Go tell that to Cookies N Milk, He always trying to start a pissing match whenever Conker and Banjo-Kazooie come up and constantly nitpicks minor things to try to make Conker sound more important by trying to 1Up Banjo-Kazooie. When it comes to "Rareware's Hierarchy" I can accept the fact that Donkey Kong is way bigger than Banjo-Kazooie it doesn't take a genius to know that, But apparantly he can't accept the fact that Banjo-Kazooie is bigger than Conker and anyone that disagrees with him is seen as Conker hater which I am not.

I have no problem with both, I am a big Rare fan, I love Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark and all would make great additions to Super Smash Bros.

But I'm just trying to be realistic, chances are Banjo-Kazooie is all we are likely getting from Microsoft/Rare and it's no surprise he was chosen out of Rare's cast of characters because he's the biggest one of the bunch and had the biggest impact back in the N64 era (Outside of Donkey Kong) when Rare was still Nintendo.

That's all I'm stating, Whether some like to hear it or not and view it as an unintentional insult it's still true... Damn true.

If by some unlikely miracle Conker does make it in, Then you bet your ass I will be happy and buy him day 1, But is anyone here willing to put serious money on the table for that kind of bet? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'd be fine with not getting anyone else from Microsoft/Rare for now. Besides support building up for those characters within the next 10 years, there's way more characters from other companies that are going to be given priority this time anyways.

The ballot is when "flavor of the month" support mattered most, doing it in the middle of Ultimate's DLC cycle is a shot in the dark at best.

So really, there is no point in making some argy-bargy over something that likely won't happen for this time.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I agree. I got my two most wanted Rare characters :ultkrool: and :ultbanjokazooie: in this game so I'm chill with no more Rare reps for Ultimate.
Exactly, This guy gets it King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie were the biggest fish of the Rareware pond, If I was the one to call the shots for the Roster in Super Smash Bros Ultimate you bet your ass I would put many of Rare's characters in this game (Including Conker), But this is Sakurai's game not mine.

It took a lot of damn campaigning and support the past 2 decades to get King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie to get in, Only a handful of video game characters have ever reached to this elite level of demand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie Kong sometime later on which I am all for, But wouldn't hold my breath for any more Microsoft/Rare characters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The bright side in all this is that it finally diverts attention to characters that have previously been ignored by the base at large. The seeds have been planted in the Dixie supporters, a lot of time and effort will be needed so that they grow into a proverbial Stickerbush Symphony by Smash 6.

Plus, the majority of the well of Ninty A-listers is finally starting to run dry, so we'll definitely see an influx of B- and even C-listers regardless of how smaller the roster is next time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Exactly, This guy gets it King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie were the biggest fish of the Rareware pond, If I was the one to call the shots for the Roster in Super Smash Bros Ultimate you bet your ass I would put many of Rare's characters in this game (Including Conker), But this is Sakurai's game not mine.

It took a lot of damn campaigning and support the past 2 decades to get King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie to get in, Only a handful of video game characters have ever reached to this elite level of demand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie Kong sometime later on which I am all for, But wouldn't hold my breath for any more Microsoft/Rare characters.
I voted for K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie in the Smash Ballot so that really make me proud that my vote for both actually somewhat counted. Of course I still want Krystal and Dixie Kong, but I can wait until Smash 6 for them.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Off topic question real quick: Does Nintendo find sharing event serial codes for Pokemon cheating in the games or stealing? I ask this as a friend gave me her Pikachu uniform code from the Sword Expansion Pass and I have Shield.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Off topic question real quick: Does Nintendo find sharing event serial codes for Pokemon cheating in the games or stealing? I ask this as a friend gave me her Pikachu uniform code from the Sword Expansion Pass and I have Shield.
If you got permission from your friend, I wouldn't see it as stealing. But I don't really legally know dude. It shouldn't be though.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
If you got permission from your friend, I wouldn't see it as stealing. But I don't really legally know dude. It shouldn't be though.
She did give me permission. Thanks for answering. Now, back on topic! But also off topic. If Banjo & Kazooie guest starred in Pokemon, what would their Pokemon be?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
She did give me permission. Thanks for answering. Now, back on topic! But also off topic. If Banjo & Kazooie guest starred in Pokemon, what would their Pokemon be?
I don't know. But if they were Pokemon Banjo would say "Guh-Huh!" and Kazooie would say "Bree!" when their Pokemon Trainer released them out of their Pokeball.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't know. But if they were Pokemon Banjo would say "Guh-Huh!" and Kazooie would say "Bree!" when their Pokemon Trainer released them out of their Pokeball.
One of the other notes of that Tooie playthrough was the fact Kazooie says "BREE", the name of her species--Kazooie should be an honorary Pokemon. :chuckle:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
One of the other notes of that Tooie playthrough was the fact Kazooie says "BREE", the name of her species--Kazooie should be an honorary Pokemon. :chuckle:
Gruntilda: Who is that Pokemon?

Cuts to commercial and goes back

Gruntilda: It's Kazooie the stupid annoying bird!

Kazooie: Who you calling stupid and annoying you ugly old fat green hag.

Gruntilda: I'm not fat, I'm overly sexy. Plus I'm not ugly, old, and green.

Kazooie: Yes you are!

Gruntilda: No I'm not!

Kazooie: YES YOU ARE!!!

Gruntilda: NO I'M NOT!!!

Banjo: Cut it out guys! I think that's enough!

Gruntilda & Kazooie: SHUT UP BANJO!!!

Banjo: WOOOAAAHH!!!!!!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Yeah I definitely see Dixie as the next Rare character to hopefully get the nod even though she was planned for Brawl back then. As much as I want to see Grunty, Mumbo, and Conker get in, support will have to be built from the ground up over time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I definitely see Dixie as the next Rare character to hopefully get the nod even though she was planned for Brawl back then. As much as I want to see Grunty, Mumbo, and Conker get in, support will have to be built from the ground up over time.
I think her and Krystal are next. I know Krystal fans have kind of lost hope since she hasn't been in a Star Fox game since Commend which was all the way back in 2006, but that was the last Star Fox game we had in 10 years before Zero came out on the Wii U. Krystal getting an Assist Trophy is a sign that she has a future and that Nintendo has their eye on her. I still have faith in Krystal making it into the roster someday.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I’m done arguing, because what is the point? Only time will tell, I just wanted to say why Conker has a good chance of getting in.

Anyway, do you guys think a Banjo-Kazooie Remake is possible?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I think her and Krystal are next. I know Krystal fans have kind of lost hope since she hasn't been in a Star Fox game since Commend which was all the way back in 2006, but that was the last Star Fox game we had in 10 years before Zero came out on the Wii U. Krystal getting an Assist Trophy is a sign that she has a future and that Nintendo has their eye on her. I still have faith in Krystal making it into the roster someday.
Well, she was a gift from Rare themselves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, for years BK pretty much became a black hole when it came for demand for a non-DKC Rare character. We're pretty much at a point where we ask ourselves "what's the next course of action?".

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyway, do you guys think a Banjo-Kazooie Remake is possible?
Absolutely. I think a remake of the first two N64 games is more likely than Banjo-Threeie or a new Banjo-Kazooie game entirely at the moment.

Not only was Krystal Rare's gift to Nintendo, but to Fox as well. Rare gave Fox a girlfriend. ;)

D

Deleted member

A remake does seem more plausible seeing recent trends in the gaming industry.

It could also be an easy way to test the market’s interest on more Banjo Kazooie titles without necessarily throwing all the bullets first regarding ideas.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Absolutely. I think a remake of the first two N64 games is more likely than Banjo-Threeie or a new Banjo-Kazooie game entirely at the moment.
A remake does seem more plausible seeing recent trends in the gaming industry.

It could also be an easy way to test the market’s interest on more Banjo Kazooie titles without necessarily throwing all the bullets first regarding ideas.
And even then the possibility seems akin to having teeth pulled out, as far as developers related to Microsoft are concerned.

Seriously, even Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting an HD remaster before BK can get remade. MediEvil got a full-blown remake with the developers even having access to the original code so that cut stuff could be added in the future!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And even then the possibility seems akin to having teeth pulled out, as far as developers related to Microsoft are concerned.

Seriously, even Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting an HD remaster before BK can get remade. MediEvil got a full-blown remake with the developers even having access to the original code so that cut stuff could be added in the future!
Woah what, first I heard about this. Loved that game when I was younger, but lost it along with my original XBox. Just searched it up, that’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Not only was Krystal Rare's gift to Nintendo, but to Fox as well. Rare gave Fox a girlfriend. ;)
If it wasn't for Miyamoto telling Rare to make Dinosaur planet a Star Fox game, Krystal would of never been a star fox character to begin with. So Krystal was never intentionally purposed to be apart of the Star fox series.

And to be honest I kind of wished it stayed that way, Dinosaur planet seemed like it had great potential, but by making it a star fox game It lost that potential or charm and gave us a medicore star fox game that doesn't play like a star fox game. (To be fair at least it was different and not Nintendo's re-hash of Star Fox 64 all over again, sweet god they need to just let Ubisoft create star fox games, Starlink is solid AF)

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Yeah the toy gimmick sucked, if it was just a standalone game that did not require the toy parts then it probably could of done better.

I'm not much of a starfox fan but damn was I impressed with Starlink's gameplay, very fluid and gorgeous.

Top Bottom