• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
While many competitive players have dropped Banjo & Kazooie, it looks like Trela is taking on the mantle of being the best Banjo & Kazooie player. Was hoping Nairo or Tweak would keep at it since they're the more high profile ones that were supporting the bear and bird, but anyone who gives Banjo & Kazooie a chance I'll be following. I'm disappointed but content with their status--we were one of the underdogs in Smash speculation for a decade, and finally made it in! I'm sure, especially with their potential, they'll be showing more promise in the future.

Anybody who knows any streamers, casual or competitive, that regularly plays as Banjo & Kazooie? Only one I can think of is Hackoru.
Professional players showing them off is indeed amazing, but what matters most is I get to hear that announcer yell "Banjo and Kazooie" whenever I play Super Smash Brothers :ultbanjokazooie:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Professional players showing them off is indeed amazing, but what matters most is I get to hear that announcer yell "Banjo and Kazooie" whenever I play Super Smash Brothers :ultbanjokazooie:
It's been 4-5 months, and I still pause right before clicking on :ultbanjokazooie: to savor in hearing their name. While I keep telling myself I'll go back and play other characters I like, I have yet to play another character outside of Terry a couple times the day he was released. And it never gets old playing as the bear and bird.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Yay another advertisement fire emblem character :/ Look I like fire emblem (didn't get 3 houses yet tho) but It is kind of tireing getting just the "newist" fire emblem character instead of you know a beloved fan fav fire emblem character.

THAT & they advertised it like characters would be from series not yet represented in smash bros yet & fire emblem has more then that already. just looking at the 5 DLC characters & a "one of those things don't fit in or belong kinda feeling sticks out a bit" what a underwelming character to end off on really.

I don't hate the character just meh & underwheled by it.

Pokemon feel the same "advertisement" character in smash too & I hate it (altho I wish they did the advertismnt character thing for lets go & put eevee in smash, partner eevee in smash would be fun)

and i am seeing intellion talk here & I got to say I HATE intellion ! I would be legit pissed off if that ugly thing got in smash my most hated pokemon design by far & I could see sakurai & the pokemon company pushing him for smash :/ I would take any pokemon over him.

I would rather have cinderace over him we already have gun users in smash & snake is the stealth secret agent character & greninja is a ninja stealth water final evo in smash already. At least cinderace would be a sports soccer/football based character witch smash dosn't have & he is a bunny witch I don't think we have any bunnys in smash & we already have plenty of lizards

THAT ! OR ANOTHER SWORD USER ! ZACIAN ! nothing is more cool or badass then a sword doggo ! we don't have any 4 legged sword ussers in smash & its the mascot & WAY cooler then Intellion or other starters, its also has 2 forms witch could be a gimick maybe ? (that or when it picks up items it has its swordless look) yeah pokemon company & sakurai give me sword dog !

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I mean, the only problem I have with Byleth is that they are the final character of the first fighters pass, the timing was so poor here, after keeping us in the dark for months with all of these possible 3rd party characters we could get, just to be slapped in the face with more Fire Emblem content just feels very bad.

we were all expecting another 3rd party character considering the first 4 was all 3rd parties so seeing yet another FE character- let alone a Nintendo owned character in the supposed "3rd party only" pass was very... shocking and also very disappointing.

If They saved Byleth for like the 2nd or 3rd character of the 2nd fighters pass I dont think too many people would be as upset, granted its more Fire Emblem so people will be upset regardless, but when you keep a fanbase in the dark for so long just to give us something like that... man, what was Nintendo thinking? I'm just glad we are getting six, SIX more characters later down the road so I'll be forgetting that Byleth even exists.

Honestly all of us Banjo Bros here shouldn't even be complaining, I think it should be a rule that if a smash fan got their Dream character then they are legally not allowed to complain for anything else that comes forward, disappointed? yes, complain? no.

I'm just here for the ride at this point, Guh-Huh.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
What
Yay another advertisement fire emblem character :/ Look I like fire emblem (didn't get 3 houses yet tho) but It is kind of tireing getting just the "newist" fire emblem character instead of you know a beloved fan fav fire emblem character.

THAT & they advertised it like characters would be from series not yet represented in smash bros yet & fire emblem has more then that already. just looking at the 5 DLC characters & a "one of those things don't fit in or belong kinda feeling sticks out a bit" what a underwelming character to end off on really.

I don't hate the character just meh & underwheled by it.

Pokemon feel the same "advertisement" character in smash too & I hate it (altho I wish they did the advertismnt character thing for lets go & put eevee in smash, partner eevee in smash would be fun)

and i am seeing intellion talk here & I got to say I HATE intellion ! I would be legit pissed off if that ugly thing got in smash my most hated pokemon design by far & I could see sakurai & the pokemon company pushing him for smash :/ I would take any pokemon over him.

I would rather have cinderace over him we already have gun users in smash & snake is the stealth secret agent character & greninja is a ninja stealth water final evo in smash already. At least cinderace would be a sports soccer/football based character witch smash dosn't have & he is a bunny witch I don't think we have any bunnys in smash & we already have plenty of lizards

THAT ! OR ANOTHER SWORD USER ! ZACIAN ! nothing is more cool or badass then a sword doggo ! we don't have any 4 legged sword ussers in smash & its the mascot & WAY cooler then Intellion or other starters, its also has 2 forms witch could be a gimick maybe ? (that or when it picks up items it has its swordless look) yeah pokemon company & sakurai give me sword dog !
What the hell is it with some people acting like Inteleon's design is on par with something of an abomination like Garbador or some lame ugly inanimate object? There is way worser Pokemon designs out there.

Is he the best design ever? No, But overall it's a good solid design, If it were up to me I would give his build a little bit more meat, But other than that he's the coolest and most badass of the 3 final evolution starters, I mean he's a secret agent chameleon spy who's packing freaking heat, dual wielding high powered water pistols and a sniper rifle? Kids (Mainly boys) eat that **** up.

He's definitely reminiscent of and is this Generation's Greninja and Sceptile, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the Pokemon Company was going for with his design so he can get the biggest push of the 3 via the anime.

I honestly think Cinderace design is the worst of the 3, Scorbunny is cute and Raboot is solid, But Cinderace looks awkwardly humanoid like Incineroar like if someone was wearing a bunny suit and while Inteleon is also bipedal, Oversized reptiles/lizards are nothing new as they are more in line with dinosaurs (like a velociraptor) or dragons, But oversized bunnys in shorts? That looks more way off.

One thing I somewhat agree that the legendary wolf's would be a solid choice for fighters and would probably be the 1st sword fighter I have garnered any interest in, But when was the last time a legendary was picked for a fighter? Mewtwo made it in because he's the most iconic legendary Pokemon and if history tells us anything, The Pokemon Company is likely gonna push Ash's starter/final evolution just like what they did with Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar and with Scorbunny already taken by his traveling companion it's very likely gonna come down to Grookey or Sobble.

My money is on Sobble/Inteleon.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Garbodor > Inteleon No joke I HATE Inteleon THAT MUCH ! & garbodor is a trash pokemon....pun not intended if thats the case I'll take Rillaboom he can have a rithem gimick then

heck i saw someone nemtion urshifu or whatever its name is give us that & promote that pokemon DLC then B/C you know ash will end up training with the little bear in the anime

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What
What the hell is it with some people acting like Inteleon's design is on par with something of an abomination like Garbador or some lame ugly inanimate object? There is way worser Pokemon designs out there.

Is he the best design ever? No, But overall it's a good solid design, If it were up to me I would give his build a little bit more meat, But other than that he's the coolest and most badass of the 3 final evolution starters, I mean he's a secret agent chameleon spy who's packing freaking heat, dual wielding high powered water pistols and a sniper rifle? Kids (Mainly boys) eat that **** up.

He's definitely reminiscent of and is this Generation's Greninja and Sceptile, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the Pokemon Company was going for with his design so he can get the biggest push of the 3 via the anime.

I honestly think Cinderace design is the worst of the 3, Scorbunny is cute and Raboot is solid, But Cinderace looks awkwardly humanoid like Incineroar like if someone was wearing a bunny suit and while Inteleon is also bipedal, Oversized reptiles/lizards are nothing new as they are more in line with dinosaurs (like a velociraptor) or dragons, But oversized bunnys in shorts? That looks more way off.

One thing I somewhat agree that the legendary wolf's would be a solid choice for fighters and would probably be the 1st sword fighter I have garnered any interest in, But when was the last time a legendary was picked for a fighter? Mewtwo made it in because he's the most iconic legendary Pokemon and if history tells us anything, The Pokemon Company is likely gonna push Ash's starter/final evolution just like what they did with Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar and with Scorbunny already taken by his traveling companion it's very likely gonna come down to Grookey or Sobble.

I think Inteleon looks pretty cool. Especially in this BridgeofFaust piece.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, the only problem I have with Byleth is that they are the final character of the first fighters pass, the timing was so poor here, after keeping us in the dark for months with all of these possible 3rd party characters we could get, just to be slapped in the face with more Fire Emblem content just feels very bad.

we were all expecting another 3rd party character considering the first 4 was all 3rd parties so seeing yet another FE character- let alone a Nintendo owned character in the supposed "3rd party only" pass was very... shocking and also very disappointing.

If They saved Byleth for like the 2nd or 3rd character of the 2nd fighters pass I dont think too many people would be as upset, granted its more Fire Emblem so people will be upset regardless, but when you keep a fanbase in the dark for so long just to give us something like that... man, what was Nintendo thinking? I'm just glad we are getting six, SIX more characters later down the road so I'll be forgetting that Byleth even exists.

Honestly all of us Banjo Bros here shouldn't even be complaining, I think it should be a rule that if a smash fan got their Dream character then they are legally not allowed to complain for anything else that comes forward, disappointed? yes, complain? no.

I'm just here for the ride at this point, Guh-Huh.
I feel the same way--I got my dream characters, so anything else is just icing on the cake. That being said, my issues with Byleth is not that they chose a Fire Emblem character, but how they presented them. First, they kept it super secret--somehow, in their mind, another Fire Emblem character is more surprising and needs to be more under wraps than Dragon Quest and Banjo & Kazooie. What? Second, they hyped it up by having it's own Direct announced before, leading everyone to speculate. At least in the West, it would have gone down better if they waited longer and put Byleth's reveal in a Direct--essentially the same way they announced Terry--"Here's Terry. Not a fan? We have more characters coming! Watch his Direct later."

However, I understand why Terry and Byleth were at the end of the pass, it goes to my speculations on the Fighter's Pass--they want to put the surprising, hype characters first so that people are more willing to buy the pass. More people would buy the pass if it's "Joker and 4 unknown characters" than if it were "Byleth and 4 unknown characters." Still, that doesn't explain why they thought Byleth was such an important character to keep under wraps. "Dude, you guys OWN Fire Emblem. It's not surprising you got Byleth. It's free advertising." :chuckle:

EDIT: Ayyyy, I went from 100,000 GSP to over 1,000,000 GSP! And then back to 800,000 GSP in one match! But hey, at least Banjo & Kazooie now beat Bowser Jr. as my highest GSP character! Also, I'm editing this in my post because I don't want to double post--where is everyone?

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way--I got my dream characters, so anything else is just icing on the cake. That being said, my issues with Byleth is not that they chose a Fire Emblem character, but how they presented them. First, they kept it super secret--somehow, in their mind, another Fire Emblem character is more surprising and needs to be more under wraps than Dragon Quest and Banjo & Kazooie. What? Second, they hyped it up by having it's own Direct announced before, leading everyone to speculate. At least in the West, it would have gone down better if they waited longer and put Byleth's reveal in a Direct--essentially the same way they announced Terry--"Here's Terry. Not a fan? We have more characters coming! Watch his Direct later."

However, I understand why Terry and Byleth were at the end of the pass, it goes to my speculations on the Fighter's Pass--they want to put the surprising, hype characters first so that people are more willing to buy the pass. More people would buy the pass if it's "Joker and 4 unknown characters" than if it were "Byleth and 4 unknown characters." Still, that doesn't explain why they thought Byleth was such an important character to keep under wraps. "Dude, you guys OWN Fire Emblem. It's not surprising you got Byleth. It's free advertising." :chuckle:

EDIT: Ayyyy, I went from 100,000 GSP to over 1,000,000 GSP! And then back to 800,000 GSP in one match! But hey, at least Banjo & Kazooie now beat Bowser Jr. as my highest GSP character! Also, I'm editing this in my post because I don't want to double post--where is everyone?
Most have gone off to battle for their next big dream. I myself only stop by once in a while anymore. No real need to fight after you've won the war :ultbanjokazooie:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Can't believe they lied to Reggie before he retired. He told us after Joker's reveal that all the Fighters Pass fighters were to be from franchises not yet in Smash and yet...Byleth got in, and Fire Emblem already had 7 fighters. They lied to us and Reggie...I know, Reggie probably was lying too...but...I don't want to believe that...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can't believe they lied to Reggie before he retired. He told us after Joker's reveal that all the Fighters Pass fighters were to be from franchises not yet in Smash and yet...Byleth got in, and Fire Emblem already had 7 fighters. They lied to us and Reggie...I know, Reggie probably was lying too...but...I don't want to believe that...
He didn't say new franchises, though, just that they'd all be new characters and would be some you wouldn't typically expect.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
What

Assuming Ash catches one of them. That being said, I think Raichu should finally join, get Pikachu's entire evolution family on the roster.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Assuming Ash catches one of them. That being said, I think Raichu should finally join, get Pikachu's entire evolution family on the roster.
I mean it's kind of a given that he will have a starter based on the franchises history with the anime and so "The Pokemon Company" can push and market it just look at how Ash's previous main starters (Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar) are already in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate roster.

Gen 1: Charizard > Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Bayleef > Cyndaquil/Totodile
Gen 3: Sceptile
Gen 4: Infernape >Torterra
Gen 5: Emboar ( I think, Gen 5 was kind of a blur)
Gen 6: Greninja
Gen 7: Incineroar > Rowlett
Gen 8: ?

Scorbunny is already taken so it will "Likely" come down to Sobble or Grookey, But marketing wise I have a gut sure feeling Sobble/Inteleon are gonna get the biggest push of the 3.

Kubfu/Urshifu would be sweet too (Would probably be considered this generation's Lucario) if Nintendo/Pokemon Company wanted to promote Sword and Shield DLC via Smash instead of a starter Pokemon as I'm digging their designs, Kubfu is cute and tough looking while Urshifu has a really cool and badass design, Especially the Single Strike one with the headband.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I mean it's kind of a given that he will have a starter based on the franchises history with the anime and so "The Pokemon Company" can push and market it just look at how Ash's previous main starters (Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar) are already in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate roster.

Gen 1: Charizard > Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Bayleef > Cyndaquil/Totodile
Gen 3: Sceptile
Gen 4: Infernape >Torterra
Gen 5: Emboar ( I think, Gen 5 was kind of a blur)
Gen 6: Greninja
Gen 7: Incineroar > Rowlett
Gen 8: ?

Scorbunny is already taken so it will "Likely" come down to Sobble or Grookey, But marketing wise I have a gut sure feeling Sobble/Inteleon are gonna get the biggest push of the 3.

Kubfu/Ursifu would be sweet if Nintendo/Pokemon Company wanted to promote Sword and Shield DLC instead of a starter Pokemon as I'm digging their designs, Kubfu is adorable and tough looking while Ursifu has a really cool and badass design, Especially the Single Strike one with the headband.
Don't forget, they also gave Ash his very first Mythical Pokemon in the Gen 7 anime!

Also I hate when competitive players show up in my Spirit arenas and leave because I use items. None of you would leave because I use items, would you?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Most have gone off to battle for their next big dream. I myself only stop by once in a while anymore. No real need to fight after you've won the war :ultbanjokazooie:
Yeah, I understand that, though to me it's not about fighting and more about celebrating a character I love. And I'm still in the mood to celebrate! Hopefully at the very least, at some point, the main post is no longer under construction. :rotfl:

He didn't say new franchises, though, just that they'd all be new characters and would be some you wouldn't typically expect.
Yeah, I think that makes more sense than outright lying or misleading. I think they overestimated those who wanted more Fire Emblem, and underestimated how many people are sick of Fire Emblem--to them, it was such a big deal, that they kept Byleth completely under wraps. Whereas even a lot of FE fans that I watched, while happy, agreed that there was no reason to keep this from even Nintendo employees. "You own them, what's surprising?" Byleth's reaction would have been a lot better had it leaked.

I just wish in hindsight they did the same with Hero and Banjo & Kazooie. I regret saying before that I wish there were some hints--a lot of reactions were subdued, or even "knew it", thanks to the leaks, and it didn't accurately demonstrate how big and unexpected they would have been otherwise, working with a rival platform holder for an IP Nintendo no longer has any input in.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I am needing some help. My original email address I can't remember the password for, and it's linked to my Switch which I also can't remember the password too either and I am worried Pokemon Home might need my Nintendo Account password...not to mention I want to use the Nintendo Switch Online app again. Any suggestions? And sorry for bothering you all with this...just need some help.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Sakurai posting Banjo-Kazooie stuff is so heartwarming. Prior to their announcement, I had no clue how much experience he even had with the games. It really made me happy when he said he felt a deep attachment to the 5 DLC fighters. I'd retweet, if I had a Twitter account.

I am needing some help. My original email address I can't remember the password for, and it's linked to my Switch which I also can't remember the password too either and I am worried Pokemon Home might need my Nintendo Account password...not to mention I want to use the Nintendo Switch Online app again. Any suggestions? And sorry for bothering you all with this...just need some help.
Not sure--I had the same problem for a lot of sites when my Yahoo account was removed for inactivity. The FAQ only mentions e-mail, so the only option I think at that point would be to contact Nintendo support. Though, whenever that has happened to me on other sites, they don't have many options. Hopefully Nintendo has a contingency for that, though.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Sakurai posting Banjo-Kazooie stuff is so heartwarming. Prior to their announcement, I had no clue how much experience he even had with the games. It really made me happy when he said he felt a deep attachment to the 5 DLC fighters. I'd retweet, if I had a Twitter account.

Not sure--I had the same problem for a lot of sites when my Yahoo account was removed for inactivity. The FAQ only mentions e-mail, so the only option I think at that point would be to contact Nintendo support. Though, whenever that has happened to me on other sites, they don't have many options. Hopefully Nintendo has a contingency for that, though.
Oh? What is Nintendo's contingency?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh? What is Nintendo's contingency?
I meant that I would hope that Nintendo has a plan for when people can't access their e-mail and forgot their password. Happens a lot, so they should, but I've seen a lot of customer service for other companies that, for some reason, don't consider that.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I meant that I would hope that Nintendo has a plan for when people can't access their e-mail and forgot their password. Happens a lot, so they should, but I've seen a lot of customer service for other companies that, for some reason, don't consider that.
Ah, alright thank you that sounds like it would help a lot. Or will it?!

Sorry...had to do it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I seriously hope that this doesn't make Microsoft go "welp, guess there's no future for us in producing kids' games!". As out-of-touch as they are.
Microsoft already made that assessment in the old regime. The success of Nintendo in general, N Sane Trilogy, and Impossible Lair shows the new guard there is an audience if the game is done right.

The analysis seems to be that Microsoft is willing to make a Banjo-Kazooie game if the right development team comes to them with a pitch. It's not going to be Rare--if they did, it would be a done deal. We just have to wait for the right development team to take that step, and given there are people now working at Rare who were kids when the original Banjo-Kazooie games came out, I'm sure there are current (non-Rare) devs who would be passionate enough to do it. I think it's just a matter of time, I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later, especially to capitalize on their Smash appearance.

Make the Remastered Duology ala N-Sane Trilogy and Battle for Bikini Bottom, perhaps use their Spiral Mountain Smash stage and character models as a starting point. Then use that engine as the basis for a Threeie, keeping all that worked in the originals and expanding on it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, the timing will have to be right. At the moment, that time's not now, since they'd have to deal with Rehydrated and the forthcoming Crash game, so it has to be during a relative lull to make sure they get people's undivided attention.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Finally completed all of the Spirit battles. I mean, I say finally, but I only started just recently. Not a fan of spirit mode myself, and since DLC characters are treated differently than base game characters, I had no interest in getting more into it. But I at least wanted to complete Banjo & Kazooie's spirit board. Was able to do all of them fairly easily, except for Gruntilda's. Keep in mind, though, I don't use spirits at all, and so all of them were level 1, except for Alucard who got up to level 43 with as many times I had to fight that Gruntilda battle. :chuckle:

Still, I don't get the Spirits at all. I really loved the Jiggy one, as well as the reference to the Golden Goliath in Mumbo's, but the rest didn't make much sense to me. Donkey Kong as Bottles disappearing made little sense, unless it was supposed to be him "going underground" or becoming a ghost. Invisible power up seems more applicable to a Klungo stand in, along with having an oversized one and multiple, if they were to do a Klungo battle.

King K Rool from the trailer made more sense as a Gruntilda stand-in in the trailer than Dedede was in the battle, unless it was some weird reference to King Jingaling. And the fact they went with remixing Klungo's boss battle music, rather than Final Battle, is even more bizarre now, given it's Gruntilda's spirit. I guess they wanted more Tooie tracks, but switching from Klungo to Final Battle, and adding at least one other boss track would have fixed that. Unless they wanted more and Microsoft was being exceptionally stingy (if so, SNK put Microsoft to shame). Still boggles me.

I don't want any of this to sound like complaining, though, just observations. Really love how they're represented in the game for the most part--their moveset is perfect, even if the subtle intricacies aren't up to competitor's standards, they went above and beyond with Spiral Mountain and modelling the characters, and the remixes are so good--and more remixes than everyone except for SNK. :rotfl: Can't think of anything I'd change, except for how their spirits worked and changing a song around, which is a lot better than I had anticipated prior.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman

Well I personally think one of the main issues with FE characters being introduced isn't so much with the series specifically but the fact that so many of them are so similar. If you only saw a shadow of each of them then it'd be really hard to tell them apart, at least at a glance. This means the only way for them to distinguish themselves is through their moveset and playstyle which not enough of them do. Though, if the character is a simple to add echo fighter to add I'll try not to hold it against them though it is a point of contention.

Pokemon on the other hand generally doesn't have this problem, as many of the characters are given very distinct looks and wildly different ways of fighting/moving. Most inclusions from the series would be quite different from existing characters while having a lot of unique personality of its own that could not be replicated by other videogame characters.
Though, I think the Pokemon series should just do their own spin on the platform fighter genre. Much like they did in the fighting game realm with Pokken. They could do a lot of cool things with it that would be unique to the franchise while having lots of options for playable Pokemon characters.

As far as recent Pokemon as inclusions for advertising go, I'd personally prefer Rillaboom. I think that starter could be the most unique out of the three and trigger the least amount of backlash (not that it matters terribly). Though, it could be argued all the starters have their issues. Rillaboom has a similar build to DK (but could play very differently I'd argue), Cinderace would be too much like Captain Falcon mixed with a little WFT and we already have so many fiery brawlers, and Inteleon while being able to offer a unique playstyle I think it'd be very annoying to fight and not the best addition to the game much like was the case for Bayo.

We definitely could use some more four-legged fighters. Zacian wouldn't be one of my choices but they'd definitely work as a fighter and I know there is some support for the Pokemon's inclusion.

Another possibly cool inclusion from Sword/Shield would be Toxtricity.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well I personally think one of the main issues with FE characters being introduced isn't so much with the series specifically but the fact that so many of them are so similar. If you only saw a shadow of each of them then it'd be really hard to tell them apart, at least at a glance. This means the only way for them to distinguish themselves is through their moveset and playstyle which not enough of them do. Though, if the character is a simple to add echo fighter to add I'll try not to hold it against them though it is a point of contention.

Pokemon on the other hand generally doesn't have this problem, as many of the characters are given very distinct looks and wildly different ways of fighting/moving. Most inclusions from the series would be quite different from existing characters while having a lot of unique personality of its own that could not be replicated by other videogame characters.
Though, I think the Pokemon series should just do their own spin on the platform fighter genre. Much like they did in the fighting game realm with Pokken. They could do a lot of cool things with it that would be unique to the franchise while having lots of options for playable Pokemon characters.

As far as recent Pokemon as inclusions for advertising go, I'd personally prefer Rillaboom. I think that starter could be the most unique out of the three and trigger the least amount of backlash (not that it matters terribly). Though, it could be argued all the starters have their issues. Rillaboom has a similar build to DK (but could play very differently I'd argue), Cinderace would be too much like Captain Falcon mixed with a little WFT and we already have so many fiery brawlers, and Inteleon while being able to offer a unique playstyle I think it'd be very annoying to fight and not the best addition to the game much like was the case for Bayo.

We definitely could use some more four-legged fighters. Zacian wouldn't be one of my choices but they'd definitely work as a fighter and I know there is some support for the Pokemon's inclusion.

Another possibly cool inclusion from Sword/Shield would be Toxtricity.
A Pokemon Super Smash Bros style game?

Sign me the hell up !!!

I have been saying it for years, But I doubt I was the only one thinking about it too, But I definitely think that after Super Smash Bros Ultimate wraps up post DLC the series should take a break for a long time to reevaluate the future of the franchise and seeing how it was stated that 3rd Party's are all not likely to return again and it feel like some changes or somewhat of a reboot will happen after a long hiatus.

So how about Sakurai and the Smash team take a stab at a similar style game with a few different mechanics with the Pokemon franchise?

Yes I know we have Pokken Tournament and I do enjoy it, But I love Super Smash Bros faster play and game style than your traditional fighter and if they can have a roster that spans all 8 generations which has countless choices to choose from with different playstyles, abilities not to mention different stadiums and settings from different regions and battle music? There is so much to work with and pull from the Pokemon franchise for a really top quality fighting game.

I really hope this idea becomes a reality, Pokken was a great 1st step into this direction, But I can definitely see the hype behind this game.

"From the creator and team that brought you the Super Smash Bros series"

"Comes an all new fighting game where generations of Pokemon battle like you have never seen before"

Pokemon Battle Arena (Generic Title)

Well you get the idea, But man would that make for an freaking cool series after I have had my fill with Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Finally completed all of the Spirit battles. I mean, I say finally, but I only started just recently. Not a fan of spirit mode myself, and since DLC characters are treated differently than base game characters, I had no interest in getting more into it. But I at least wanted to complete Banjo & Kazooie's spirit board. Was able to do all of them fairly easily, except for Gruntilda's. Keep in mind, though, I don't use spirits at all, and so all of them were level 1, except for Alucard who got up to level 43 with as many times I had to fight that Gruntilda battle. :chuckle:

Still, I don't get the Spirits at all. I really loved the Jiggy one, as well as the reference to the Golden Goliath in Mumbo's, but the rest didn't make much sense to me. Donkey Kong as Bottles disappearing made little sense, unless it was supposed to be him "going underground" or becoming a ghost. Invisible power up seems more applicable to a Klungo stand in, along with having an oversized one and multiple, if they were to do a Klungo battle.

King K Rool from the trailer made more sense as a Gruntilda stand-in in the trailer than Dedede was in the battle, unless it was some weird reference to King Jingaling. And the fact they went with remixing Klungo's boss battle music, rather than Final Battle, is even more bizarre now, given it's Gruntilda's spirit. I guess they wanted more Tooie tracks, but switching from Klungo to Final Battle, and adding at least one other boss track would have fixed that. Unless they wanted more and Microsoft was being exceptionally stingy (if so, SNK put Microsoft to shame). Still boggles me.

I don't want any of this to sound like complaining, though, just observations. Really love how they're represented in the game for the most part--their moveset is perfect, even if the subtle intricacies aren't up to competitor's standards, they went above and beyond with Spiral Mountain and modelling the characters, and the remixes are so good--and more remixes than everyone except for SNK. :rotfl: Can't think of anything I'd change, except for how their spirits worked and changing a song around, which is a lot better than I had anticipated prior.
Man, Gruntilda was easy for me. I used my main Kirby used many of my best combos including Forward Throw to Final Cutter.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Man, Gruntilda was easy for me. I used my main Kirby used many of my best combos including Forward Throw to Final Cutter.
For Banjo & Kazooie's battles, I could not play as any other character except for them. :rotfl: I also decided to try to get some Persona spirits since it's the only other DLC series I know, and when I was struggling with using Joker, I switched to Banjo & Kazooie. Much easier. I've just played them so much since release that it's hard for me to get a handle of other characters I used to play, even Pokemon Trainer. I am so happy about Banjo & Kazooie's recovery--I've always hated other character's recoveries where they're in free fall, and being able to do anything out of Banjo & Kazooie's up B is how other characters should play. I can't go back. It's one thing I was worried about going into a potential reveal--it's like Banjo & Kazooie's Smash version was made for me.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I switched to Banjo & Kazooie. Much easier. I've just played them so much since release that it's hard for me to get a handle of other characters I used to play, even Pokemon Trainer.
Banjo-Kazooie definitely feels quite different to play as compared to other characters. They have such a strange blend of movement and attacks. Guess its quite fitting given they are a duo of very different strengths.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know this might not be the right time, but CanadianGuyEh managed to score an interview with Steve Mayles.

The bear and bird are brought up around 15:20.

So, the gist of it is...

-Kazooie was originally just a pair of disembodied feet and wings. :laugh:
-It's true, Nuts & Bolts came about because Rare wanted to do something different than just Threeie. However, that's because doing a proper sequel only felt right with Nintendo.
-Blast Corps would have been a better fit for Nuts & Bolts' concept than BK (which I agree with).
-Yes, he finds it incredible that the duo has been brought to Smash after all this time.
-Steve has mixed feelings over whether BK needs remakes for the duology for an Xbox audience (especially if they're being done by a different dev team, since the duo are his babies), though he acknowledges that whoever does them would need proper big budget to give that and a new game the right treatment.

Also, nice to hear the shout-out for Grabbed By the Ghoulies at the end.

I hope that Krazy sees this.

Today we lost a legend. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant and his daughter and everyone on that helicopter. This is unreal...
Talk about a blood sacrifice...

For a NBA legend, RIP.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Today we lost a legend. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant and his daughter and everyone on that helicopter. This is unreal...
Yeah sucks to hear that happen, I'm more of a casual NBA fan (Baseball is my favorite sport which is why I get a kick of seeing Griffey on this promo)
,But for some of those who don't really follow sports wondering why this is making headlines everywhere, The dude was one of the greatest to ever play the game and was pretty much up there with Michael Jordan and was the face of the NBA for some time after Jordan retired. Hard to imagine he only retired a few years ago.

Side Note/Fun Fact: Some of you are probably wondering, Why are Kobe Bryant and Ken Griffey Jr in a promo advertisement with Nintendo characters ?

Well this was back during the N64 era when Nintendo of America had a bigger saying and influence regarding western software, Hence why Rareware played such a big part in it, Former NOA president Howard Lincoln was one of the people if not the main one to really push Nintendo to work and invest in Rare.

He also was mainly responsible for a lot of the sport games in the system as they are big sellers in the west and around this time Nintendo with help of NOA catered to this demographic by starting a sub brand called "Nintendo Sports" to not just advertise 3rd Party sport games, But 1st/2nd Party exclusives as well in conjunction with some western studios, The big ones being NBA Courtside series (1998-1999, 2002) which Kobe Bryant was the cover athlete for and the MLB Ken Griffey Jr series (1994,1996,1998-1999) as they were pretty much the faces for both sports at the time.

Another Ironic Fun Fact: Rareware was the team behind 1996's Ken Griffey Jr. Winning Run on the SNES.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Attention, not sure if it's real, but 7.0.0 patch notes leaked. Banjo & Kazooie have 5 buffs listed.

Grab range for all three grabs: regular, dash and pivot buffed in range to match animation
Up Tilt range increased
Down Throw has increased bury time

Will update if this is real.

Top Bottom