• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Man I can't believe Banjo and Kazooie released right after that direct. Feels like just yesterday we got Hero lol. A second fighters pass too. Here's to hoping it's first party and possibly of the assist trophy upgrading variety.

Anyway I'm really enjoying Banjo. My only complaint is that the held version of the neutral special is a little clunkier than I was imagining but otherwise he's perfect. He reminds me of Mario actually with how well rounded he is. No centralizing gimmick either.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Guys, i already finished playing Classic Mode as Banjo & Kazooie, got every one from their spirit board, set the bars for their tracks, and went to the eshop to download the Sans costume just to get Megallovania.

Now i just need to finish Hero in WoL so i can move on to the Duo.

Folt

Smash Ace
Playing with the pair, it feels like if Banjo is the main attacker of one of the pair's moves, it will be strong and one of their KO moves. If Kazooie is the main attacker, it's one of your combo or utility tools, and potentially also a way to rack up damage.

I have noticed a couple exceptions to that too: Forward Roll and D-Throw are Banjo-based moves that are relatively weak (in Forward Roll's case) or has an entirely different purpose (D-Throw buries to set up for other moves), and D-Smash is fairly powerful and can KO, despite coming from Kazooie.

And the only time Kazooie is able to be hit is when she's Talon Trotting. Otherwise, you can't hit her at all.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Man I can't believe Banjo and Kazooie released right after that direct. Feels like just yesterday we got Hero lol. A second fighters pass too. Here's to hoping it's first party and possibly of the assist trophy upgrading variety.

Anyway I'm really enjoying Banjo. My only complaint is that the held version of the neutral special is a little clunkier than I was imagining but otherwise he's perfect. He reminds me of Mario actually with how well rounded he is. No centralizing gimmick either.
Oh I hope Assist upgrade! Krystal needs to be on the roster, to join her Rare brethren now that Banjo's home.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Me trying to get home from work to play banjo:
Lucky. I'm at work and I have to wait 5 more hours before I can get home to download Banjo & Kazooie.

Oh I hope Assist upgrade! Krystal needs to be on the roster, to join her Rare brethren now that Banjo's home.
I'm praying that happens.

Wow, not much more that needs to be said.

A true love letter to the fans, from Banjo Kazooie's portrayal, their moveset, the whole package! Remodelled spirits was a nice, unexpected touch. Its pretty much perfect! Banjo feels very meaty in terms of his weight and gravity, as a laid back honey bear should. Kazooie's disjointed movements and quickness compliments Banjo, just like in the games.

Sakurai and his team went down the right route with a more simple, less gimmicky portrayal. Quality over quantity, well represented across the board . Would've liked to have seen more variety with some Ice, Clockwork and Fire eggs, but beggars cant be choosers.

Makes sense there is more love given to BK than Tooie, arguably the more popular and iconic game in the duology.

And a bit of a bummer with no Click Clock Wood or a lengthy Final Battle remix, but what we got was glorious regardless!

I think Gobis Valley is my favourite tune, the surf rock twang of it and the Gruntys Lair theme cameo works so well! Mad Monster Mansions choir is amazing, Treasure Trove Cove and Mumbos Mountain remixes both capture the original tunes charm, then enhance it.

And I think their crowd cheer is something like "Let's go Banjo, come on Kazooie".

We are very blessed as BK fans.

500 posts in 4 and a bit years, like bear and bird's moveset and portrayal , quality over quantity. ;)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo plays like a dream. I honestly did not think K. Rool would be challenged as my main, but Banjo is definitely shaping up to be my secondary. Landing Wonderwing is incredibly satisfying and their moveset in general just feels really well rounded.

The Grunty alt color is god tier and my default. And those REMIXES. Rare fans, we are EATING on Smash Ultimate.

I'm so excited for the rest of the DLC and now Banjo & Kazooie are considered Smash Bros. veterans. I'm unbelievably happy.

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I would never have expected to be released today was a great surprise

Kulty

Smash Ace
I was watching Nairo's stream yesterday from his Banjo, and here are some things you should know early on if you want to succeed with:ultbanjokazooie::
  1. I consider Banjo to be the most honest DLC fighter between:ultjoker:and:ulthero:based on first impressions (imo I like that).
  2. Down-throw up-tilt is a good kill confirm starting at around 110-120%, basically stronger than:ultkrool:in case if you no longer have Wonderwing.
  3. Fair is decent for spacing. Best used when landing with the move, buffering it seems unsafe. Very similar to:ultdoc:Fair.
  4. Dair is extremely laggy in the air. Banjo can't seem to recover back to the stage after he uses it.
  5. He has a lot of recovery options, but all of his options seems extremely punishable and exploitable.
  6. Rear Egg looks extremely useful to start up combos and setups similar to:ultsnake:, and can also be useful to cancel endlag of Wonderwing. This move seems to lead a ton of creativity.
  7. Landing Nair is a good combo starter. Can lead to grab and jab as examples.
  8. Up-Smash seems to be a decent option at the ledge for ledgetrapping. It seems to cover jump, regular and roll getups pretty well on reaction.
  9. EDIT: He seems to really struggle at landing due to his aerials being somewhat unsafe.
Hope any of these help for any Banjo players who plan on maining him. He's my favorite DLC fighter so far. Extremely honest character based on first impressions, but he relies a lot on Wonderwing. XD

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tooty RETURNS!?
First appearance of Tooty in 21 years bois.
And as one might imagine, I went "There she is" when I first saw her running around. Never thought she'd get such an involved cameo.

Couple of more things:

Sakurai promoting an Xbox game on a Nintendo-themed direct was hilarious.

Undertale creator Toby Fox haung out with Sakurai and played Smash with him. Damn, I'm losing in life.

What a time to be alive.
As icing on the cake, Toby's done music for a Game Freak game, too. He's hanging out with the big boys!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Banjo & Kazooie's speed tier is:

> Cloud
< Ridley
Their weight is coincidentally, one unit below Ridley, tied with R.O.B./Snake at 106. I find a lot of similarities between the two having a frame 4 jab, 3 jumps, etc.

If it's not obvious expect a lot of "they're low tier" or other such dismissive comments at first, par the course for every newcomer thus far.

Had predetermined I'm investing time in them for love of the series, but I feel like I'll stick with them because I love their movement shenanigans with grenades.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyone know what Banjo’s forth and sixth colors are references to? (Or if they are at all)

Also was a bit surprised to see a Conker themed color for his seventh color.

link2702

Smash Champion
So something folks will like to know if they haven’t yet...

Doing the nade egg in the air and moving towards it will let you grab it immediately, time it right lower to the ground and you’ll be able to avoid being stuck in as much lag for an aerial, giving you just a little bit more time to toss it.

Mix things up with b reversals and they become pretty unpredictable in the air with it.

Also while it’s not too useful since it buries shorter than most other bury throws, if you’re against someone who’s not good at mashing out, you can pull the same tactic k.rool can with his. Down throw to first hit jab, to another down throw(being hit by a weak move always stops opponents from popping into the air after being buried and keeps them grounded instead.

Just like krools it’s more a disrespect move than anything, especially as banjo because they can break free sooner, and it only really ever works at high damage.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Ok everyone, what's your favorite remix? For me, Gobi's Valley kicks too much ass.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man I love their down b! I wasn't sure how useful it would be when I saw it, but it's definitely my favorite of their moves. I probably deal a good quarter of my damage with it. Surprisingly easy to use!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I want to get great with their Up-B like I am w/ Sonic's. Edge guarding by Dropping the Pad/bumper on someone is so effective

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, after playing around with them for a bit, I can easily say that the Wonder Wing is my favorite of their Specials; it's fast, it's good for recovery, the duo are completely invincible while using it, and it's probably their best kill move. The only downside is that you can't recharge the feathers without killing yourself, so you have to be careful about how much you use it. But other than that, the Wonder Wing is awesome!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I'm still listening to the remixes to determine my thoughts on them, and I wanna ask:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Mad Monster Mansion remix would sound perfect on either Luigi's Mansion or Dracula's Castle?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So I'm still listening to the remixes to determine my thoughts on them, and I wanna ask:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Mad Monster Mansion remix would sound perfect on either Luigi's Mansion or Dracula's Castle?
Someone needs to start making Banjo custom stages w banjo tracks

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bruh this is the best idea ever. Make it happen!
I'll try! I haven't made a stage in Ultimate before, so my first attempt didn't go well (I misinterpreted what gravity meant, so when I tested out the stage, the entire left side plummeted down a pit), but I'll figure out how to post it here when I finish.

edit: it's probably terrible, but I suppose that's fitting given what I'm basing it on. The ID is 6X7V39PL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom