• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Hey Banjo-Roos! I just made it to the Smash Elite today with my wicked Little Mac. Hoping to get my Banjo there someday soon too!
And today the promise has been fulfilled. Banjo marks my third character to make it to elite status behind Little Mac and King K Rool. Guess I got a new main now. That Wonderwing is no joke.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
And today the promise has been fulfilled. Banjo marks my third character to make it to elite status behind Little Mac and King K Rool. Guess I got a new main now. That Wonderwing is no joke.
whats your gsp for the bear? im tryna get into elite today as well

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
So, after playing around with them for a bit, I can easily say that the Wonder Wing is my favorite of their Specials; it's fast, it's good for recovery, the duo are completely invincible while using it, and it's probably their best kill move. The only downside is that you can't recharge the feathers without killing yourself, so you have to be careful about how much you use it. But other than that, the Wonder Wing is awesome!
It's good but also quite horrible. It has a weird start up and HORRIFIC end lag. It's completely unsafe if you miss in any capacity or if you hit their shield. It'll get you bodied. HARD. It's a good move but I don't know if it's their BEST move.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I need to yet put a full analysis on my exploration of B&K, but...

The fact that they made me wish come true about them playing their own victory theme is just sublime!!

I'm basically going like my current avatar right now.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
EDvEXA7U0AANVDB.jpeg
Nut punch
EDvE8WgUEAABAzt.jpeg
Sonic Heros ?
EDvFuE3U8AEznjH.jpeg
Gay Banjo's framed selfie with hi lover
EDvF8gXUEAADwi0.jpeg
Come on Nintendo Mario Kard DLC WE NEED ! (there kinda in mario kart 8)
EDvF8gLUcAA7U5n.jpeg
You came to the wrong neighborhood
EDvF8gHUUAEVzit.jpeg
uh you guys can caption the last one

So what screen shots did you guys take ?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Nintendo's been showing loads of trust and care for Indies. Shovel Knight is an Assist, Sans is a costume. One role left. The big one...spot on the roster. And we all know one indie that deserves it. A certain half genie who has very strong history on Nintendo's consoles since the Game Boy! We got Shovel Knight, we got Sans (sorta) all we need now, is Shantae, on the roster.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I get the theme given they're a duo but kinda disappointed they didn't go for an N64 theme.

Round 1 - Mario & Luigi on Peach's Castle (N64)
Round 2 - Link on Hyrule Castle (N64)
Round 3 - Yoshi on Super Happy Tree (N64)
Round 4 - Kirby on Dream Land (N64)
Round 5 - Pikachu & Jigglypuff on Saffron City (N64)
Round 6 - Donkey Kong on Kongo Jungle (N64)
Final Round - Master Hand

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I get the theme given they're a duo but kinda disappointed they didn't go for an N64 theme.

Round 1 - Mario & Luigi on Peach's Castle (N64)
Round 2 - Link on Hyrule Castle (N64)
Round 3 - Yoshi on Super Happy Tree (N64)
Round 4 - Kirby on Dream Land (N64)
Round 5 - Pikachu & Jigglypuff on Saffron City (N64)
Round 6 - Donkey Kong on Kongo Jungle (N64)
To be fair, that seems a little too similar to Jigglypuff. Maybe have Banjo and Kazooie help each N64 character defeat their villains?

Round 1 - Giant :ultbowser: on Peach's Castle, with :ultmario: (Super Mario 64)
Round 2 - :ultganondorf: on Hyrule Castle, with :ultlink: in his green tunic (Ocarina of Time)
Round 3 - :ultwolf: on Venom, with :ultfox: and :ultfalco: (Star Fox 64)
Round 4 - :ultkingdedede: on Dream Land with :ultkirby: (that boss battle in Kirby 64)
Round 5 - :ultmewtwo: on Pokémon Stadium with :ultpokemontrainer: (Pokémon Stadium)
Round 6 - Giant :ultkrool: on Boxing Ring with :ultdk: and :ultdiddy: (DK64)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I think I've listened to the remixes enough to rank them:

(Note: I love all of these remixes)

1. Spiral Mountain
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Main Theme (Banjo-Kazooie)
4. Vs. Klungo
5. Mumbo's Mountain
6. Treasure Trove Cove
7. Gobi's Valley

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So happy with the entire pack, ESPECIALLY the music.

Mr Patch and Lord Woo FakFak are in, which is amazing. Also Spiral Mountain, TTC, Gobis Valley and Mad Monster Mansion are FIRE!
No RBB, but that’s fine.

Btw, did you notice that his 4th skin is a Conker Reference? (Blue pants, yellow backpack, slightly reddish fur)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've been so excited playing Banjo & Kazooie in Smash that I haven't been on social as much. Just wanted to share the love I've been having for them. They're mostly how I pictured their translation into Smash, and, as a result, are so fun to play. A lot of the negatives people have tend to be thinking of them as a Smash character, as those disadvantages are faithfully adapted from their games--they're an all-around, mascot type character. They don't have to be broken like Hero to be good.

While, of course, it would have been nice to have a Mega Man-level smorgasbord when it came to their feather and egg abilities, I also love the new moves they added to fit the Smash controls scheme. The music is fantastic, and all the re-mixes are better than I could have imagined. And while most of the choices are great, it does feel odd without Final Battle, as I took it for granted assuming that one was going to be in--I was focused on other songs like Freezeezy Peak that I was worried about, and they ended up in. Had I made the selection, given the constraints they had, I would have gone with:

1. Main Theme (Remix)
2. Spiral Mountain (Remix)
3. Mumbo's Mountain (Remix)
4. Treasure Trove Cove (Remix)
5. Gobi's Valley (Remix)
6. Mad Monster Mansion (Remix)
7. Final Battle
8. Vs. Klungo
9. Vs. Mr. Patch
10. Vs. Weldar

(and I say this as someone who's favorite song is Freezeezy Peak--if I were to go beyond their limitations, I would have preferred a remix of Freezeezy Peak instead of Mad Monster Mansion, and then it'd be perfect for me)--but this is all nitpicking. I'm happy they're in the game, and it's amazing hey got 7 remixes! And all of them are GREAT!

Still absorbing all the stuff that has come out and playing them, but once the dust has settled I will most likely be more active on here. Hope all is well!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I've played probably 8 hours with Banjo & Kazooie at this point between last night to now and they play almost exactly how I pictured them. They really fit my play style, I like the use of either type of eggs for messing people up off-stage. I was at first not sure how to take the fact that Wonderwing can only be used 5 times per stock but after playing around with it for awhile it's not as bad as I first imagined, just don't use it willy-nilly and you're fine.

I technically only got 3 of the songs I wanted in the game out of the 10 I listed but I'm getting over it, the music we did get is awesome so there's no way I can hold it against them in any way. Gobi's Valley is probably my favorite with Mumbo's Mountain and Main Theme being 2nd and 3rd respectively. Very bizarre to me that there's no Final Battle remix or even just the original track. Oh and I think the ghosts of Mad Monster Mansion decided to throw a rave.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So, I think I've listened to the remixes enough to rank them:

(Note: I love all of these remixes)

1. Spiral Mountain
2. Mad Monster Mansion
3. Main Theme (Banjo-Kazooie)
4. Vs. Klungo
5. Mumbo's Mountain
6. Treasure Trove Cove
7. Gobi's Valley
Well I'll give my take on the music (which is all amazing)
1. Treasure Trove Cove
2. Spiral Mountain
3. Mad Monster Mansion
4. Mumbo's Mountain
5. Main Theme
6. VS. Klungo
7. Gobi's Valley

I'm a little disappointed with the Gobi remix, its perfectly fine but the instruments kind of feel off for some reason.
I do wish there were more Tooie tracks though like Witchy World, Glitter gulch mines and Jolly Roger's Lagoon/ Atlantis.

That said I am just knit picking, everything is perfect they feel like a character, music and stage that have been in smash since melee.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, after at least a day and a half of playing around with the duo, I think it's official: Banjo & Kazooie are my new main! They fit my preferred playstyle so well, and I especially love the Wonderwing! I've also gotten at least a little better at using the Grenade Eggs, though they're still my least-favorite special. Overall, though, they play like a dream and I haven't had a character click this much with me since Pac-Man in Smash 4!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I absolutely enjoy these two in Smash. I've been playing them when I have the chance and I feel that I'm getting better with Banjo & Kazooie. Their moves and animations are absolutely perfect. I did about a couple of hours of online Smash and I did get them up above 5 million GSP, the first character for me to break that plateau, though I did fall quite a bit, but managed to claw back to over 4 million GSP tonight. Wonderwing is definitely their best special and IT EVEN GOES THROUGH COUNTERS!!

The Spiral Mountain stage is truly magnificent. It looks so awe inspiring in HD graphics. I love seeing Bottles, Tooty, and the Jinjos. Plus I enjoy every moment Gruntilda and Mumbo come into view. It makes me wish that Gruntilda and Mumbo were playable in this game too. The Banjo-Kazooie music is definitely spot on. I never thought that Klungo's theme would ever make in, but here it is. I enjoy every one of them. I'll probably do a more comprehensive post on Banjo & Kazooie's moveset later. I'm glad to have them come home. It feels just right like they've been there for years. Another dream has been fulfilled. I will enjoy these two for a long time. Thank you Sakurai.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I actually really like the Gobi's Valley remix--in some ways, I like it more given it has a more funky vibe that's up my alley. The remix has a really good beat with it (not to say I don't like the original Gobi's Valley, I love it, it's all comparative).

If I were to say my wishlist for the soundtrack (given no constraints, other than keeping the remixes we got):

1. Spiral Mountain (Remix)
2. Main Theme (Remix)
3. Mumbo's Mountain (Remix)
4. Treasure Trove Cove (Remix)
5. Freezeezy Peak
6. Gobi's Valley (Remix)
7. Mad Monster Mansion (Remix)
8. Final Battle
9. Vs. Klungo
10. Vs. Old King Coal
11. Vs. Mr. Patch
12. Vs. Lord Woo Fak Fak
13. Vs. Weldar
14. Vs. Chilli Billy & Chilly Willy
15. Hag 1

I think the boss tunes from Tooie make a lot of sense for Smash, so while I'm happy to see some make it in (especially Mr. Patch!), it seems odd given they can be included without needing a remix to fit in

As I said, it's nitpicky as I'm surprised at how many remixes we got (more songs than Dragon Quest, more remixes than all DLC characters). And usually I'm not a fan of remixes, but some are actually really good and are on par with the originals--nothing really takes me out of it. It's just weird that the ones from the original game were chosen to fit within Smash, yet Freezeezy Peak was chosen over Final Battle, whereas the former is more atmospheric, and the latter is more fitting for a... battle. :chuckle: Regardless, I'm happy Freezeezy made it in because it's my favorite song of the series, even if it doesn't quite fit in Spiral Mountain (it fits where it appears in Classic Mode, though).

As for how much I love the re-mixes, I'd have to go with Spiral Mountain, Main Theme, Treasure Trove Cove, and Gobi's Valley as my favorites.

Also, I was re-watching the demonstration (as I have, 50 times), and just noticed Mumbo Jumbo juggling his eyes. It's *that* attention to detail that's so amazing, and makes up for any disagreements with some arbitrary choices made. I haven't played Nuts & Bolts, so I had never seen that before, but that's an interesting visual for the character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Banjo is super fun. Reminds me of a mix of my two mains, Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. I also didn't realize how much I had nostalgia for his music.

Folt

Smash Ace
So I'm still listening to the remixes to determine my thoughts on them, and I wanna ask:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Mad Monster Mansion remix would sound perfect on either Luigi's Mansion or Dracula's Castle?
Yes.

And it actually gets used for Luigi's Mansion when Banjo & Kazooie go there in their Classic Mode route.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
After playing through the music several times now I have to say I really want some more tracks from DK64. The VS. Lord Woo Fak Fak fight sounds super similar to DK64 music, same with the new Mad Monster Mansion remix.

Nintendo is spoiling us with these amazing remix's. I really want to play the 64 rare collectathon trilogy again now. I really hope rare or an outsourced company can use the new models made for smash in a Banjo-Kazooie remaster as well.

ze9

Smash Ace
I could say a lot of things, but I'm still mostly amazed at the fact that I'm playing again as bear and bird after all these years (well, I replayed Kazooie like 3 months ago, but let's not count that).
I'm still doing mostly single player, the online will come a bit later.
I think the moment that got me the most has been when I defeated Dracula with Banjo and Kazooie. Their handling is surprisingly 1:1 with the original games (even things like the air speed), they were using all their classic moves and they were constantly going GUH-HUH and BREEEE. Almost like playing a new Banjo game.
Then I realized that Banjo and Kazooie just defeated Dracula after having saved Ken and Ridley from his castle. Lmao. This game is crazy. So happy that Banjo and Kazooie are finally a part of it.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I really like its gameplay is quite fun and with an interesting style I have to say that my favorite dlc character is still the hero but Banjo & Kazooie are also great

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Video of Zackray's Banjo & Kazooie winning against Eim's Joker. I don't follow competitive that much outside of a few streamers, but it was pretty nice to see--getting Banjo & Kazooie to a grand finals on their first day! While they didn't win the finals, it's good to see them doing good. As I've heard, there are no bad characters in Ultimate, and any character can be great with the right match-ups. It's just cathartic to see after many pro streamers underwhelming initial reactions. The bear and bird are not just fun and fair, but pretty good as well.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So I have to say, Banjo & Kazooie are more fun to play than I could have ever dreamed in Smash. Their appearance and cartoony bouncy animations are so refreshing and breathtaking to witness in battle. While I was saddened to see the Egg Select option wasn't added to their repertoire and having Fire, Ice, Clockwork Kazooie, and Grenade Eggs available as alternate selections to their Neutral Special, I agree with a lot of people that them being a straightforward, simple-to-use pair of characters is about as on the snout for Banjo & Kazooie as you can get! Banjo's heavyweight status combined with Kazooie's maneuverability surprises me constantly and I almost forget how fast and hard hitting they are together. The Egg Firing and Rear Egg moves are amazing tools for keeping opponents at a distance and the Wonderwing, used sparingly, is an effective gap remover when used unpredictably! I love their neutral, tilt, and smash attacks, quick and hard hitting and highly effective, plus being just great references to their moveset from the original games. I'm amazed how hard and fast they hit. Banjo & Kazooie must've been keeping up with a strict exercise regiment and diet since the Nuts n' Bolts days, probably hoping they'd have a chance to Smash! And their neutral aerial with Kazooie's Wing Whack is the kinda aerial move I love that hits all around and combos effectively. I'd say the only move I have a hard time wrapping my head around is their upper aerial and lack of an effective move to send opponents skyward, especially since their Shock Spring Jump is just a recovery tool. But its nit-picky stuff, honestly. Oh, and their Final Smash is RIDICULOUSLY powerful. If you're fighting a lightweight opponent and they're even slightly damaged when you use it, especially near the edge of a stage, you can kiss them goodbye. And I have rarely missed an opponent with it. Ridiculously good.

Spiral Mountain is the most beautiful stage I've ever seen in Smash. I know that's biased hyperbole, but to see my favorite video game characters represented in Smash so beautifully and bringing back such iconic characters as Bottles, Tooty, Mumbo Jumbo, the Jinjos, and especially Gruntilda makes me so eternally happy. The level of detail and nods to the original games is heartwarming, and it proves that Sakurai and his team really cared about the characters to put so much effort into them.

I spent the first night they released practicing with them and went through their Classic Mode, which with their music selections on various stages, was just wonderful. The remixes, by the way, are absolutely INCREDIBLE. The main theme, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion, and Klungo's Theme are all incredibly catchy remixes that honor the original themes. And having Freezeezy Peak and freaking Mr. Patch's theme, my absolute favorite boss theme from Banjo-Tooie, is just icing on the cake. While I would've loved remixes or just straight ports of Gruntilda's Lair, Click Clock Wood, and the Final Battle, I'm extremely grateful for what we got. I also breezed through the Spirit Board for Banjo & Kazooie, surprisingly Mumbo Jumbo's spirit was the hardest to get, I actually broke King Dedede as Gruntilda's shield near the edge of the level, and he fell to his doom, just like in Banjo-Kazooie! So yeah, to say their inclusion in the game isn't long overdue and very much worth the wait is an understatement. I hope everyone is having fun playing as them and I hope they'll be well-received by the professionals of the Smash community and I especially hope there'll come a day that not only do we get a port, remaster, remake, or sequel to Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, but that they'll be a veteran Smash fighter in future installments of Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman

Video of Zackray's Banjo & Kazooie winning against Eim's Joker. I don't follow competitive that much outside of a few streamers, but it was pretty nice to see--getting Banjo & Kazooie to a grand finals on their first day! While they didn't win the finals, it's good to see them doing good. As I've heard, there are no bad characters in Ultimate, and any character can be great with the right match-ups. It's just cathartic to see after many pro streamers underwhelming initial reactions. The bear and bird are not just fun and fair, but pretty good as well.
If Zackray is the best Banjo player I've seen so far

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice

Hooooooly cruuuud, that Wonderwing at 4:37 was SAVAGE

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
EDydWymVAAU7dqM.jpeg
Yeah I won The Ultimate Partnership Turny as banjo ! :D

Also I can't decide on witch one of these should be my new PS4 Backgroud ? borrowed Persona 5 & beat it about a mouth ago fun game.

solo banjo or banjo young link & luigi ? (i did one with roy but his outline never showed up good & pushed young link in a hard to see spot)

EDydWypUUAAQmIt.jpeg

EDydWykUcAAR1bK.jpeg

in persona 5 bloood come squirting out of them in this game its stars LOL

I really like its gameplay is quite fun and with an interesting style I have to say that my favorite dlc character is still the hero but Banjo & Kazooie are also great
They're all great one way or another and bring different things to the table. Let's hope for more variety, the main thing is the characters bringing people joy and satisfying, reaching different groups of people. Hoping for more variety and diverse franchises being represented, Advance Wars, Crash Bandicoot, etc plus including the fleshing out a few more current series who have a presence. Dixie Kong, Eggman/Robotnik, Captain Toad to name a few.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Spiral Mountain would have come so close to being a legal stage if it's hazardless version used the layout facing Gruntilda's lair.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
yeah i wish sakurai yould let us use diffrent vertions of stages like just the boat from paper mario or the inside of that fire emblem stage or diffrent parts of sunshine or skyward sword stages

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I gree Smash is a great celebration of video games and a union of many communities where many people can play with their favorite characters against all kinds of characters.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Working hard to get Banjo into Elite Smash which is real difficult for me since I've never hit Elite Smash with any character

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I played through Classic Mode with Banjo & Kazooie earlier and I had a blast with them. They're fun to play as and I'm getting better with them each match I play as them.

Top Bottom