• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
As someone who was hoping more for Rare Replay than a remake, I'm okay with this. There's not a market for Banjo on Xbox the way there is on Nintendo.

Now if Sabi would just confirm Banjo for Smash already.
Yeah, I wasn't going to look for spoilers, but hell, I don't care now. My pessimism is boiling over and I just want to know at this point. Banjo being a no-show at the Xbox conference doesn't mean he's out, but it's definitely a point of fear for me. Hopefully, Sabi gives us some good news...

JonSmash

Smash Ace
No Banjo at Xbox E3 but battle toads with a new look RIP gamestop guna get a lot of calls about battle toads

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Everything went about as expected for Microsoft’s conference. The usual Forza, Gears, Halo, and some indies all while gushing about power and graphics and then having the most exciting moments of the conference to be just the usual third party stuff like The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077 (lol at Keanu though).

They didn’t spend a whole lot of time taking this year, but I also don’t feel I saw much new or interesting either. A middle of the road showing for Microsoft per usual.

And as I predicted, no Banjo anywhere to be seen and no mention of Nintendo elated anything. Let’s see what Tuesday brings.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, what a surprise, no Steve reveal.

This was their last chance. There's obviously no window of opportunity to announce him as playable now, if he was even planned at all.

At least I finally got to see some Battletoads gameplay.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Guys, chill. Panic if Banjo Kazooie don't appear on Tuesday.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
0% Banjo or Rare. I guess that journalist did only say it was reported back in February and under talks. It didn't make sense (in captain hindsight) for anything smash related to be shown, but a new Banjo game or something would've been cool. Cyberpunk2077 2077 was magnifique.

Still, this is a major hit because nothing prefacing banjo's revival was shown Q_Q

Nintendo ends up being the final destination, rightfully so.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, its a good thing. It means the Banjo merchandise and features at E3 are more likely tied to Nintendo. Its looking like Banjo is in Smash and thats it. I'd be 100% okay with that.
I already said this once, this is totally a good thing, but after the direct if Banjo doesnt come home, i'm afraid i will have to finally give up rooting for them because it hurts me alot

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well, it was fun while it lasted guys. I've been championing Banjo for weeks now but now all the wind is out of my sails. It ain't happening, we're stuck with Erdrick.

Jeez everyone out here acting like there were ever any rumors of a new Banjo game coming and then acting all doom and gloom when one didn’t get announced.

LOGIC

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m expecting Banjo ports to the Switch and a Nintendo version of Rare Replay now.

I was hoping for a remaster (and kinda expected it with supposed rumors) but I think Switch ports would be a big enough deal to accompany B-K’s Smash inclusion.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
This was the expected outcome for me. I would just be thankful none of the insiders said that a Banjo revival game was happening along with a Smash announcement, otherwise we'd really be in trouble.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Im aware no new banjo game or remake was teased or leaked, but it just didn't make sense in my mind for there to be all this merch for a DLC character coming to smash without some kind of tie-in. Only thing I can think of is a Rare Replay port to the Switch that may be revealed at the Direct on Tuesday.
Either way, as long as my bear and bird come to Smash, I will be satisfied.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
With Microsoft E3 behind us, all that's left is Nintendo. As for leaks, now we wait for Sabi to give us some Nintendo news. Her source is legit considering how much Microsoft stuff was correct so I'd keep an eye on his Twitter/Discord.

Up to now, with Shinobi, Verg, and the rest I've been hopeful but not expectant for Banjo coming to Smash. But if Sabi confirms Banjo, I'm going all-in on the hype train, whether it crashes and burns or reaches its destination.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
User was warned for this post; flaming
0% Banjo or Rare. I guess that journalist did only say it was reported back in February and under talks. It didn't make sense (in captain hindsight) for anything smash related to be shown, but a new Banjo game or something would've been cool. Cyberpunk2077 2077 was magnifique.

Still, this is a major hit because nothing prefacing banjo's revival was shown Q_Q

Nintendo ends up being the final destination, rightfully so.
Unless they chose Stupid Steve cause they care not for their fan base at all. If they cared, then they would've acknowledged us at the conference by teasing us with Banjo! NOT LEAVE US WAITING!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did verge say Banjo was 99% likely to get a remake? No.

Did Shinobi say we’re in for sequel-ing good time? No.

They have all been referring to Smash.

Wait until Tuesday, guys.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I knew this thread would get like this. Banjo doesn't need a new game to get into smash. And all of you were making it seem like it he didn't get a new game he wouldn't be coming to smash. Chill please.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Damn..... I just watched that whole thing as somebody that doesn’t play Xbox and only plays Nintendo for console gaming.

I thought Miyamoto was supposed to be there. Oh well..... This doesn’t really hurt Banjo’s Smash chances as that was always going to be revealed at Nintendo’s presentation. Was just hoping for some Banjo related stuff.

I’m surprised they didn’t mention anything Nintendo with their recent relationship..

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why you'd loose hope now when none of our sources implied Banjo would be at the Xbox conference.
I wouldn't say hope is lost, its more-so a hit due to banjos revival of any-kind being nonexistent at Microsofts E3 (not smash). Unless the pipe dream of Nintendo taking ownership of Banjo is true. More realistically, Banjo isn't getting revived at all and may end up a character in smash. Thats it.

Hypothetically this wouldn't matter at all though because the characters would've been decided on some time ago. It's more of a "how much attention is he getting?" thing.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Why is everyone so down? Who actually thought we'd get anything from a MS conference... anything related to Nintendo will be shown by Nintendo on Tuesday...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Seriously you guys really need to chill out. Nintendo's E3 hasn't started yet and most of you guys are giving up on the first hurdle! Pull yourselves together!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
No funny animals at MS conference, let's wait for Nintendo. The goal is still the same. I was expecting something about the pair or Nintendo related, some examples of colaboration. Less than 48 hours to see if the big N has someting to say for this thread.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished watching the Microsoft conference (in which I'm somewhat disappointed as none of the games seem to offer anything new and it was nowhere as good as last years conference) and there were no signs of any Banjo announcement. Guess we'll find out until Tuesday.

Bianchi

Smash Rookie
I have been a lurker here for a few months. Huge banjo fan. The lack of any Banjo announcement just now really hurt. While there's still a chance Banjo and Kazooie are in Smash I think we really need to consider the possibility that they won't be. I'm starting to lose hope after being on this hype train since Melee.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Did verge say Banjo was 99% likely to get a remake? No.

Did Shinobi say we’re in for sequel-ing good time? No.

They have all been referring to Smash.

Wait until Tuesday, guys.
Pfft, yeah right. If Nintendo cared at all for us Banjo fans, THEY WOULD'VE TEASED SOMETHING BY FLIPPING NOW!

Top Bottom