• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Well, it was fun while it lasted guys. I've been championing Banjo for weeks now but now all the wind is out of my sails. It ain't happening, we're stuck with Erdrick.
Indeed, but to be honest, the journey was more fun than the destination. The luck i had with Simon will never be repeated again. I still think Steve is on the Running if im honest.

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
I’m assuming they want the smash reveal to not be obvious if they announce a banjo revival at Microsoft’s e3 beforehand. Maybe they want it to be a holy **** the mad lads did it moment for him finally being in smash. Then possibly a new remaster announcement of sorts for the switch/xbox

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Seriously there is "some" people giving up hope already ?

We made it this far into E3 and you can't wait under 2 days more?

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Seriously you guys really need to chill out. Nintendo's E3 hasn't started yet and most of you guys are giving up on the first hurdle! Pull yourselves together!
Giving hope on a revival for the series doesnt mean giving up hope on Banjo for smash. I still expect that theyll be in the Nintendo Direct and make it into smash which will be incredible, but still not a good feeling seeing that it isnt tying in with a new game or remake or anything beyond that.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think I am going to leave this thread till Tuesday (or Sabi leaks everything) this defeatism is not something I'm going to want to keep reading for 2 days.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Remember banjo skiped the xbox & was on the 360 so banjo will skip the ONE & be on there 2020 next gen system right ? yay patterns that don't exist !

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys I cannot stand this pessimism

Barely anything has changed regarding him and Smash. If nothing happens Tuesday be as doom and gloom as you want, but if you can’t keep at least a little hope for one day then I really don’t know what to tell you.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I’m assuming they want the smash reveal to not be obvious if they announce a banjo revival at Microsoft’s e3 beforehand. Maybe they want it to be a holy **** the mad lads did it moment for him finally being in smash. Then possibly a new remaster announcement of sorts for the switch/xbox
This is what I'm thinking, Sakurai wanted to bring back Banjo before anyone else. He did something similar with K. Rool where he requested Retro keep him out of tropical freeze so he could have the opportunity to revive the character himself.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean it was a great presentation with lots of announcements. If you went expecting Banjo well there was nothing suggesting he was coming back and there's still plenty to look forward to. Also, Nintendo's Direct is two days from now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If only Erdrick hadn't been talked to death so much would my hype not had been dampered about him. Its the same reason I wasn't excited when Kencineroar happened.

Otherwise I would be excited regardless who gets revealed whether him or Banjo.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Noipoi Noipoi Shhhh! its tradition ! its all we know from 2001 to 2008 & 2008 to Right Now

Also HI ! 332+ Guests ! why not sign up to smashboards join the conversation ???

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure Sabi said they'd have the info for nintendos direct tonight most likely. heres hoping thats true. Had the Scarlett info correct atleast.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Cool down guys, nothing to say about Nintendo in a Microsoft party, which is logical. The new figure, the insiders backup... Still are here, we lost nothing. We're talking specifically about bear and bird in Smash, nothing about remasters, Switch versions or whatever, those were pipe dreams without a solid base.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cool down guys, nothing to say about Nintendo in a Microsoft party, which is logical. The new figure, the insiders backup... Still are here, we lost nothing. We're talking specifically about bear and bird in Smash, nothing about remasters, Switch versions or whatever, those were pipe dreams without a solid base.
THANK. YOU.

Criminy, is this really so hard to understand?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Oof, that Battletoads trailer. The 'toads were never huge gaming mascots or anything (I'll posit that the original NES Battletoads isn't even a good game), but they still somehow managed to totally eff them up. That looks terrible! Hand-drawn games can look great, like Wario Land: Shake It!/The Shake Dimension. This looks like they weren't even trying.

Which is extra awful because the characters actually have amazing modern designs, as seen in games like Kinect Sports.

They didn't even add like a female fourth toad, a Venus de Milo if you will, so you could have more than three-player co-op. Three is a pretty awkward number for couch co-op. Oh well.

As for the no Banjo, I wouldn't worry. No one said anything about Banjo at the Microsoft conference, so who even cares. If anything, I'm relieved. I was afraid there'd be an Xbox-exclusive new Banjo game. Now, if there is such a game, it'll have to be on Switch.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, quite a bit of people being doubtful here.

Yes, it is disappointing that there is no new Banjo-Kazooie game. However that doesn't mean you should lose hope on Banjo. He still has a chance and the Direct is two days away. And besides, Microsoft not announcing a new Banjo-Kazooie game would increase the hype for Banjo if he's revealed in the direct IMO. I think Sakurai has a big surprise to show us.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think far too many people were convinced of a Banjo Threeie or some sort of return for Banjo Kazooie as a series proper which was always a lot more of a long shot than Banjo Kazooie getting into Smash. That always felt like something that people were getting a little too convinced of in the past few months.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Wow, quite a bit of people being doubtful here.

Yes, it is disappointing that there is no new Banjo-Kazooie game. However that doesn't mean you should lose hope on Banjo. He still has a chance and the Direct is two days away. And besides, Microsoft not announcing a new Banjo-Kazooie game would increase the hype for Banjo if he's revealed in the direct IMO. I think Sakurai has a big surprise to show us.
i think people are disappointed because No New title doesn't add up with all the merch lately a bunch of merch just for A Smash DLC Seems to make little sense

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
What are the chances Nintendo just flat out bought Rare back and not only are we getting Banjo in Smash, but remastered versions of the first two games?

I can dream...

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ya'll should see Sabi's discord, the pessimism is like 10x worse there right now. It's absolutely depressing...

Let's just hope for the best for Tuesday. Don't lose hope just because a Banjo game wasn't announced at Microsoft's E3. Again, we weren't told it'd be a Banjo game + Banjo in Smash. Shinobi602 still lives.

OH AND BTW, THIS IS FAKE. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.
Big text so that people are more likely to see this and be aware.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
what? this is the first time i've heard of this.
Here's the quote from BKupa;
To shed further light, per Hyle, per his sources (Mr. Throat or otherwise), K. Rool's hiatus boiled down to "internal apathy and factional disagreements." I have since been able to independently confirm through two sources that one of the parties that wanted to bring back K. Rool sooner was none other than Retro Studios. They were interested in putting K. Rool in the Tropical Freeze Switch port in some capacity, but were denied with no reasoning given. This reportedly was because after the ballot Sakurai had personally called dibs on reviving the character himself.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If you see a picture of Shinobi saying something against banjo or that he wasn't teasing him, it's a fake picture, there is no source of such comment in reality. Just warning, so you don't go in panic. This is the fake picture:
1560117284949-1.png
DO NOT buy into bull **** if there is no source of it. Also it wouldn't make sense he would say such thing DAYS after he teased it. lol That's just not the way he does it.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Like, Banjo being in Smash would be Nintendo asking Microsoft if they could use the IP for the character. This has nothing to do with his series being revived. Things are NOT always cross-promotional guys. Persona 5 didn't just come out when Joker was released. It was two freaking years old! Persona 5 isn't even releasing on the Switch! There is ZERO correlation between Smash DLC and promotional material, literally save for Corrin. Ryu wasn't. Bayonetta wasn't. Cloud wasn't. Joker wasn't. Banjo wouldn't be either.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Part of the Banjo deal might have been "any new game gets announced during our stream" see you Tuesday!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If only Erdrick hadn't been talked to death so much would my hype not had been dampered about him. Its the same reason I wasn't excited when Kencineroar happened.

Otherwise I would be excited regardless who gets revealed whether him or Banjo.
Its Box Timeline all over again. A subjective lackluster ending, different rumors and murmurings that could be hinting that it will be different, big leak news destroying the previous end result, Box Theory going on the defensive for once.

All red herrings and the initial ending was the real one all along. No news in months and the same character talked about over and over to death. I would like to be wrong, though.

I'm sorry that Erdrick has to be the one in the middle of this incoming potential ****-storm.

Top Bottom