• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I think people are getting more worked up about the people being a little disappointed about a revival not happening than the people who were disappointed about the lack of a revival in the first place. Yes the sky isn't falling. We know there's a 99% banjo will appear in the Nintendo Direct. Carry on

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It ALWAYS hinged on Nintendo's direct at E3.

If Banjo ain't there, then that's it. He's not in. But Microsoft was always a massive reach given the circumstances.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Y'all need to calm the **** down. I'm about as pessimistic for Banjo being revived as anyone can be (within reason) and this literally means jack ****.

None of the leaks made ANY mention of new games or remasters. It was just a massive reach you all made. If anything, this helps, as there can be NO CONFUSION now. Shinobi and Vergeben's info wasn't to be confused with a new Banjo game or a remake somehow.
Shinobi is the only real leaker here. Vergeben literally piggybacked Shinobi. Lmfao
And yes, Shinobi strictly mentioned Smash. Nothing on a game per se

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Shinobi is the only real leaker here. Vergeben literally piggybacked Shinobi. Lmfao
And yes, Shinobi strictly mentioned Smash. Nothing on a game per se
Vergeben posted a massive leak on Gamefaqs earlier today and a fair amount of it has already come true. Sabi also verified that he was not piggybacking

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If you see a picture of Shinobi saying something against banjo or that he wasn't teasing him, it's a fake picture, there is no source of such comment in reality. Just warning, so you don't go in panic. This is the fake picture:...
Sorry to bother you but wasn't your signature part of a illustration with the whole roster? I found the Deviant gallery of the artist but I don't see BK or Sephirot. Where can I find it?

Like, Banjo being in Smash would be Nintendo asking Microsoft if they could use the IP for the character. This has nothing to do with his series being revived. Things are NOT always cross-promotional guys. Persona 5 didn't just come out when Joker was released. It was two freaking years old! Persona 5 isn't even releasing on the Switch! There is ZERO correlation between Smash DLC and promotional material, literally save for Corrin. Ryu wasn't. Bayonetta wasn't. Cloud wasn't. Joker wasn't. Banjo wouldn't be either.
This. Like a million times.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I cannot think of any newcomer in Smash history who was revealed alongside an announcement aside from :ultcorrinf::ultisabelle:. Everyone else ended up making the roster on their own terms with no future release backing them, even the third party characters. Why is everyone throwing in the towel know when logically speaking Banjo and Kazooie are still very much in the running for Smash?

Like, if you were hoping for a remake of the original duology or Banjo-Threeie to be announced, that's understandable, but that has no impact on Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As long as none of the current insiders/leakers vouching for Banjo start backpedaling or saying the opposite, I’m expecting Banjo-Kazooie ports on the Switch, maybe Rare Replay, and B-K in Smash on Tuesday.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not Banjo related but I'm not digging the new Battletoads game. I think they nailed the music, but everything else doesn't scream Battletoads to me.

Also they did Dark Queen dirty. She looks like that one Kim Possible villain but purple and poorly drawn.
You mean Shego?

Frickin oof, Banjo’s okay, he’s just unconscious until Tuesday.
Let's hope he doesn't encounter Gruntilda from stopping him from getting to the Direct.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god people can get really desperate nowadays, stop trying to rationalize that thing, he didn't make that comment

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yes Banjo bois! It's great to have you back in the game! Everyone calmed down now?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
God damn people surely look pathetic when trying desperatedly to prove a fake "real" with no evidence… SMH
Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 6.24.37 PM.png
Sorry to bother you but wasn't your signature part of a illustration with the whole roster? I found the Deviant gallery of the artist but I don't see BK or Sephirot. Where can I find it?

This. Like a million times.
They are (should be) on his twitter :)

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
PSA: A Smash fighter announcement, even that of a character from a third-party company, is made by Nintendo, not by the third-party company. Remember this if you go in expecting Smash info in other companies' E3 presentations.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
People here really need to calm the **** down.

Shinobi has yet to backpedel on his post. Until he does or a credible leaker suggests it's someone else, I have no reason to doubt him. All of the leaks and rumors were about him being in SMASH, not new games.

Banjo being a no show at Microsoft's event doesn't mean a godamn thing. Banjo's chances are the same as they were a day ago.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
What do you think the phrase will be when banjo gets announced? I'm thinking "Banjo and Kazooie get Jiggy with it!"

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
This rollercoaster ride has only been amping up, but now we have a lull until Tuesday unless more leaker shenanigans happen.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Oh, well if Erdrick isn’t announced at the Square conference, I guess he’s not in Smash. Wrap it up guys, let’s go home.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
PSA: A Smash fighter announcement, even that of a character from a third-party company, is made by Nintendo, not by the third-party company. Remember this if you go in expecting Smash info in other companies' E3 presentations.
To be fair nobody was expecting a Smash announcement at Microsoft’s conference. Banjo fans were just hoping to see something Banjo related there. Whether it was a new game announcement or the first two games being available to play on Switch via Xbox live or whatever.

I agree this doesn’t mean anything in terms of his Smash chances. And who knows, maybe if he’s announced as a DLC Fighter by Nintendo then we’ll get news on what Rare is doing next.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai flat out said the character would be revealed at Nintendo's direct. Literally who expected Banjo's trailer to be revealed today?

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Now is the time for everyone to start regaining their beliefs, and to get back in the game, they are coming so everyone lets join hands and stay calm...

cybersai

Smash Ace
Hype deflated. No new Banjo game, banjo's chances feel like they're slipping back down to Geno/Isaac levels. After the Grinch leak, and this, I cannot take much more heartbreak.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Anyway, on to Tuesday!

By 1PM eastern, June 11th, all questions will be answered. Either pop open the champagne or light the torches. Just don't pop the torches and light up the champagne.

Although I can see why people are getting doom gloom. It literally all boils down to Tuesday.

But don't be the doom and/or the gloom. Be optimistic and relaxed. Nothing was on the table today. Nothing was planned as do or die today. So everyone and everything is back to how it was 12 hours ago.

Just take it in stride and be realistic. And start figuring out what time you'll be downloading Banjo-Kazooie fighter 72 on Tuesday. I'll wait til later in the week as servers will probably be a taaaaad busy.

Top Bottom