• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But seriously though, it's silly to expect Nintendo-related things in a Microsoft conference. A general event like the VGAs, understandable, but not here. Nintendo generally announces stuff on their own terms, they don't need to hijack someone else's event to do it (except for a general event like the aforementioned VGAs), that's just rude.

Also, good to see that Blazing Chrome is still alive. The raddest part for me in that Battletoads gameplay is the first-person hoverbike segment, you can actually see things coming now!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Just came back after watching Xbox's E3 at a Friends house, and God that was absolutely TRASH, like I wasn't 100% Expecting Banjo-Kazooie obviously but everything they showed off just did not look exciting at all, in theory I was totally right, they Didn't show off 90 minutes of new controllers but they might as well have.

Also that Gears of War Pop figure mobile game hurt me physically, I was a Gears fan with a bud of mine growing up in High school and seeing that was basically a spit in the face.

People give up hope way too easily here.
Its the life of a Banjo-Kazooie fan man, the #1 rule is to never, under any circumstances, get your hopes up- only reason most of us are doing it is because this is the best chance banjo has had in literally forever, but If Banjo isn't shown off at Nintendo's E3 direct, I'm basically going to lose all hope for the duo.

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Why you guys are sad?

Yeah, there isn't a new Banjo game, but if all of these Banjo things are SOOO rumored and Shinobi is all-in, that's because Banjo things are happening in the Nintendo Direct, Banjo is still more likely than Steve. :/

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just a reminder to screencap all the people making memes and laughing at how banjo is still dead until Tuesday arrives. Make you sure build that collection :)View attachment 226888
I actually follow that page, they mock everything. When the Grinch leak happened, they posted a Banjo Kazooie pepe with their arm around a crying wojak steve. They are fairly neutral all things considered.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so the Shinobi post where he says "I never said there'd be a new Banjo" was fake?

D

Deleted member

So, I just checked the Steve thread and almost zero activity happened there during the stream.

That's...a bit concerning.
There's going to be a lot of activity in that thread after Tuesday i can tell you that.

(now don't ask me if it's gonna be positive or negative activity)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Honestly, things look a lot better for Banjo than they look for Geno right now, so I'm not about to lose hope. I've been in a dark place with Geno, and we are not in that dark place with Banjo yet. It's quite the opposite, honestly.

I was really nervous after Xbox's conference, but... rationally, this **** means nothing. I think he's still quite likely. Never give up.
As someone that has wanted Isaac in Smash since pre-Brawl and has now come to the realization that he’ll never get out of AT hell, Banjo is my last hope. Those games were my favorite N64 games and I want nothing more than to see Banjo in Smash and back on a Nintendo console.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why you guys are sad?

Yeah, there isn't a new Banjo game, but if all of these Banjo things are SOOO rumored and Shinobi is all-in, that's because Banjo things are happening in the Nintendo Direct, Banjo is still more likely than Steve. :/
Exactly.

No offense, but for months, Steve fans have done the same song and dance of insisting that he is in the game and will be revealed in a Minecraft-related event, despite the fact that apparent leaks in regards to him are being disproven by the day. It really does feel like the leakers' sources have messed-up somewhere.

The user that's got the most to lose here is TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , who does support both him and Banjo. If neither are in, this entire feud the thread and others was locked in will be Shakespearian and pointless; no one wins, and would have wasted energy for nothing.

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
You see?

Don't lose hopes!
Banjo is gonna be in, and hopefully also with Minecraft stuff, that would be "enough" for me at least... ._.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
You must be really resilient then, for me each time the pain gets worse, but remember, this is the best time for them to show up since there wont be any greater version of smash bros than this one
Yes each time the pain gets worse but it makes us stronger ! My love for Banjo & Kazooie never lets the Hope die in my heart & keeps my dreams alive !

When the smash ballot came out I tryed to rally people to vote for banjo that very day but no one would listen or care just say "it you never happen give up & get over it !" & it wasn't until phil spencer's tweet that people banded together & voted for banjo & kazooie !

AND LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME ! we have at least gotten all this cool new banjo merch now at least so far ! may never of gotten that with out showing are support for the bear & bird

and even if we don't get banjo in smash with M$ & big N working so close together now at least we may get a N64 classic Mini with DKR,B-K & B-T on it ?
thats something I would really love !

at least they know there IS a market for B-K ! & phil Spencer if not rare MUST have some sort of plan for them even if another company has to make it

OH & we got Yooka-Laylee out of it too ! (& a new 2D Yooka game as well ! )

So us hoping did lead to good things ! just be glad banjo didn't end up with a company who ran them into the ground with Micro Transactions

zferolie

Smash Hero
wow you guys have gotten super down... as a shantae support i have seen this a lot. Remember guys, its not over till its over. Relax, and it will be good.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Let's remember this thread is focused in discussing Banjo-Kazooie as a potential fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Despite the IP's relation to the Xbox conference, this really isn't the place to be discussing it.
There is also need to go antagonize people for not getting they were hoping for from it, but we should just drop the conversation all together.

Smash news will be showing up in the Nintendo Direct Tuesday morning, they literally said that. So all we have left to do is wait and cross our fingers that our favorite fighter receives the invitation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the last time, nothing is set in stone. I haven't heard any recent leaks about Eddy or Steve, so chances are they may not even be in either.

Why is it concerning? Only Minecraft thing shown was Minecraft Dungeons.
I'm just saying, they were expecting Steve just as much as anybody. I'm not sure if they gave up or not, but you'd think they would have at least commented about the event.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Most signs have always pointed to no new game including actual tweets from the makers of the games.

Banjo’s gonna smash, but no new game me thinks

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Yes each time the pain gets worse but it makes us stronger ! My love for Banjo & Kazooie never lets the Hope die in my heart & keeps my dreams alive !

When the smash ballot came out I tryed to rally people to vote for banjo that very day but no one would listen or care just say "it you never happen give up & get over it !" & it wasn't until phil spencer's tweet that people banded together & voted for banjo & kazooie !

AND LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME ! we have at least gotten all this cool new banjo merch now at least so far ! may never of gotten that with out showing are support for the bear & bird

and even if we don't get banjo in smash with M$ & big N working so close together now at least we may get a N64 classic Mini with DKR,B-K & B-T on it ?
thats something I would really love !

at least they know there IS a market for B-K ! & phil Spencer if not rare MUST have some sort of plan for them even if another company has to make it

OH & we got Yooka-Laylee out of it too ! (& a new 2D Yooka game as well ! )

So us hoping did lead to good things ! just be glad banjo didn't end up with a company who ran them into the ground with Micro Transactions
This is really... Lovely, you sound alot like me, dont worry, my gut is telling me its their turn now, there is no stronger feeling of attachment like the one we have for the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, it will be truly special

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I am just so confused. It's no fun here anymore. Oh, the thing nobody said would happen didn't happen, that means the thing everyone said is happening isn't happening.

Let's turn things around. When (not if; when) Banjo and Kazooie are announced, what music do you think will play in their Spirits screen? I say Banjo's House.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I haven't changed my stance on Banjo's chances simply because he was a no show at Microsoft's event. I never put all of my eggs into that basket anyway.

Shinobi has yet to backtrack or clarify his original statement, so my position on Banjo is that he could still show up on Tuesday until Shinobi or another credible leaker says otherwise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am just so confused. It's no fun here anymore. Oh, the thing nobody said would happen didn't happen, that means the thing everyone said is happening isn't happening.

Let's turn things around. When (not if; when) Banjo and Kazooie are announced, what music do you think will play in their Spirits screen? I say Banjo's House.
I’m thinkin Spiral Mountain

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
so how are we feelin about banjo's smash chances now?
I'm going to make a bold statement! I'm going 100% in on Banjo Kazooie. As long as Shinobi is still firm on Banjo Kazooie and he, as everyone has said about him, has a clean record then I'm going to trust him until he's wrong.

Also you never know and i could be wrong about this, Nintendo could have bought the rights to use Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm going to make a bold statement! I'm going 100% in on Banjo Kazooie. As long as Shinobi is still firm on Banjo Kazooie and he, as everyone has said about him, has a clean record then I'm going to trust him until he's wrong.
That’s the kinda confidence we need right now!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just don't get how the pic sent to Sabi, the Verge post and Shinobi post are just thrown to the wayside all because Banjo didn't show up during MS''s E3..

IF there's anything new with Banjo aside from Smash odds are it's on the Switch too and guess what Nintendo is going to announce it... not MS.... this would garner the largest amount of hype...

That being said... no one ever said Banjo was getting a new game.. all the insiders have pointed towards Smash... all the Banjo merch and what not could easily be coinciding with Rare Replay on Switch and Banjo in Smash. After all its MS that says yes to Banjo merch rights and it's not hard for MS to push for Banjo merch to show up around his Smash arrival... to help promote the character.

Top Bottom