• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

StormC

Smash Hero
I've been lurking here for the last week, and it has been quite a ride. One rumor after the other, I'm glad I got to experience this wild ride from the beginning. I will really miss the speculation and memes when it's over. On the other hand, if it means we get Banjo in Smash... I guess that's nice too.
There was a bit of a bittersweet feeling when K. Rool finally got in. Ridley and K. Rool had dominated Smash speculation for the last decade, then both got confirmed two months apart. Smash speculation hasn't been quite the same since, for better or for worse.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
"Mario, Sonic and Master Chief at the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympic Games!"
Don't forget Sony's beloved mascot - Knack! Everybody remembers Knack, right? ...Right?

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
There was a bit of a bittersweet feeling when K. Rool finally got in. Ridley and K. Rool had dominated Smash speculation for the last decade, then both got confirmed two months apart. Smash speculation hasn't been quite the same since, for better or for worse.
Banjo, K. Rool and Ridley were my top 3 most wanted (I know, how original), so it'll be extra bittersweet for me. Which newcomer speculation topic should I haunt next? Maybe Phoenix Wright's...

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I was wondering this, but at the same time, Microsoft has Nintendo's e3 on their schedule so that would mean they both have something to show on eachothers presentations? :0

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's hard not to get lost in the hype. Which is why I'm going to stay hyper-skeptical, just in case.

My fear now, if this is true, that perhaps what will come of this is more of the Microsoft/Nintendo partnerships, but Banjo is not a part of that. Things that will make a lot of people happy, but the stuff relating to Banjo being a red herring. It's a feeling I can't shake, perhaps too many times being disappointed. Hopefully that's not the case, but I'm anticipating that just in case.

Regardless, this is still the best chances the bear and bird have had in years. We'll have a better idea in just a couple hours. Good luck, everyone!

StormC

Smash Hero
What is Microsoft’s incentive to show off DLC for an exclusive Switch title at an Xbox conference?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
What is Microsoft’s incentive to show off DLC for an exclusive Switch title at an Xbox conference?
Yeah, they won’t announce Banjo in Smash at an xbox conference. Banjo games that might appear on the Switch via Xbox live or whatever, sure, but nothing Smash Bros.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
OMG that could literally be a possibility, think about it. Miyamoto being in a Xbox E3 Presentation is almost like after the Reveal of a Banjo-Kazooie game on the Xbox than revealing to come to the Switch with a Super Smash Bros Ultimate Logo Trailer Coming out of nowhere and showing off Banjo-Kazooie in Ultimate

StormC

Smash Hero
Here's what I think will happen:

*Banjo-Redooie is announced today, a la N. Sane trilogy
*Banjo will be confirmed for Smash on Tuesday
*Following this, Rare Replay and/or Banjo-Redooie will be confirmed for Switch

If there are Banjo games on Switch, I don't think it will be revealed at Microsoft's conference.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
if they announce anything nintendo related at the MS event it'll be either Ori and the blind forest, Battletoads being cross platform, Rare replay, or a vague,"we are working a future projects together so stay tuuuuuned" then they announce more at nintendos event.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Yeah, they won’t announce Banjo in Smash at an xbox conference. Banjo games that might appear on the Switch via Xbox live or whatever, sure, but nothing Smash Bros.
Or Miyamuto (not sure if I spelled his name right) being given the say so to remaster Banjo-Kazooie?!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Any Banjo news would be huge for his chances in Smash. Doesn’t have to happen today, but it would be nice.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Been a lurker here for a while. Been a crazy couple days. Just want to wish the Banjo community good luck this E3! Looks like the bear and bird may be on their way!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Or because everything Bethesda, Ubisoft, Square etc will show will come to Xbox so they want to promote those.
Well Sony isn’t at E3, so we can’t say for sure.

I feel like people are grasping way too much at every little detail that comes by to connect Banjo/Microsoft with Nintendo after some of the recent rumors.

Regardless, Xbox is coming up in about 5 minutes, so we’ll see what it’s in store very soon.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'm ready for what's about to happen and I mean that in every way imaginable. Only 5 minutes til it starts.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I'm watching the Microsoft conference 'cause I like videogames, nothing else.
But if something Nintendo/Smash related shows up, I'll gradly take it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am at work on break.

GUYS....Is it actually going to happen?

I know I said I will die on this Hill for Banjo, but might not have to...What is happening!?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Just remember.dont get upset if we really don't get any sort of new Banjo game. I don't want to see this thread be upset

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Don’t get too convinced by to the Rare tweet. It’s probably for Sea of Thieves. I’m still excited though!

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I think will happen:

*Banjo-Redooie is announced today, a la N. Sane trilogy
*Banjo will be confirmed for Smash on Tuesday
*Following this, Rare Replay and/or Banjo-Redooie will be confirmed for Switch

If there are Banjo games on Switch, I don't think it will be revealed at Microsoft's conference.
This is what i think is the most likely to happen

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
PSA: Do not lose hope if nothing related to Banjo-Kazooie shows up at Microsoft's event. It simply means that there's no confusion on Shinobi's part and that there could be ports or a remake coming to Switch.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Were the 2D Battletoads already officially confirmed? Because I saw it in a leak today. Which also had...

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of good looking games so far. The paper dragon quest thing and Ori look great

D

Deleted member

Ew, the Battletoads game looks exactly as i feared. Hard Pass on this one.

Top Bottom