• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is going out of his way to honor the N64. I mean look at K Rool’s final smash! Banjo’s gotta be on Sakurai’s radar

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So, if Banjo Kazooie get in the base game, would you support any other Rare characters for DLC/future games? Perhaps Joanna Dark or a Killer Instinct rep? (Besides other Banjo characters)
I wonder if Joanna Dark was planned for Melee but then cut, considering the cloaking device in the game.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Imagine if the reveal trailer led into Master Chief driving around in a Warthog and stops in front of Mario, Link, and Kirby. They stare in awe and out of the passengers side Banjo & Kazooie jump out. Master Chief gives them a thumbs up and drives away. Master Chief was just there to drop them off :lol:.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I came up with a cool trailer (I think)

Pit is fighting some unknown magic opponent atop a tower. It's very intense; but a rogue spell catches him off guard and he goes down; turns into a spirit or somthing to keep up the body count.

We cut to Bayonetta at the base of a mountain; it pans down from the dark sky; to a little cabin. We see Bayo knock on the door; cutting to interior shots of the house, ending on a bed. The door opens revealing Banjo and Kazooie! Bayonetta tell's them what happened to Pit and the team wake up and spring into action; queuing the splash screen thing. There's a montage of gameplay; including fight's on the Grunty's Tower stage. There's probably another cinimatic of Bayo gunning down Gruntilda and allowing the duo to land the final blow with the Jinjonator. Cut to the logo

A funny post scene with Pit's spirit locked in a cage, bouncing a ball against the wall before we hear Banjo walk up and go GUH HUH.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I personally have not really cared much about BK, but as things have been recently going with Ridley and K. Rool being confirmed after all of the support and begging to be put in Smash forever, I'd say that I would not be surprised if they made it into Smash even as DLC characters. This will definitely be the reveal to rival the Sonic hype or even the Cloud hype.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
That's a fun idea for their reveal trailer, but, man, I don't know about you, but I just really want to see DK and Diddy alongside Banjo-Kazooie in their reveal. Like a good old "welcome back home, pals" kinda way... But then again, this is Smash, so they'll have to beat the tar out of each other in some way. Maybe Duck Hunt vs. Banjo-Kazooie could poke fun at the similarities, or Mario and FLUDD vs. Banjo and Kazooie, heh. Lots of good humorous matchups they could do.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That's a fun idea for their reveal trailer, but, man, I don't know about you, but I just really want to see DK and Diddy alongside Banjo-Kazooie in their reveal. Like a good old "welcome back home, pals" kinda way... But then again, this is Smash, so they'll have to beat the tar out of each other in some way. Maybe Duck Hunt vs. Banjo-Kazooie could poke fun at the similarities, or Mario and FLUDD vs. Banjo and Kazooie, heh. Lots of good humorous matchups they could do.
I mean I was initially thinking DK but at the same time; they just starred prominently in a reveal trailer. I mean there's no hard rule against it; but I was trying to go for some kind of variety.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m too curious on who would appear on their reveal trailer....as well as who dies.

My idea of their trailer is that it starts with a hint of collecting gold treasure. *wink wink*

We first see Mario jumping and grabbing his coins, then Sonic running towards his rings and it comically cuts to a giant deep hole where Wario is digging for gold being his usual greedy self until he finally hits something that’s glowing.

He picks it up which we see a familiar golden jigsaw piece which cues the Jiggy jingle.

As the Banjo Kazooie theme slowly starts to play, Wario gets up chanting how rich he is until he hears a noise in a nearby bush.

Two pairs of blue and green googly eyes appear making a “Guh-huh” and “Bree” sound until they fly out and zoom into the camera revealing Banjo-Kazooie!

Wario taunts them yelling “finders-keepers!” running away with the Jiggy until he comically fell to his “death” in the massive hole he dug leaving nothing but his hat. (Similar to Ridley holding Mario’s remaining hat.)

The bear and bird collect the Jiggy from falling as well.

*cue gameplay footage with Banjo Kazooie remix playing in the background*

The trailer ends exactly like 1:22, but with the Smash logo instead.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Interesting use of Wario, but a little cold of Banjo. He just straight up watched Wario fall to his doom!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be fair the character deaths so far have involved Ridley and the Castlevania franchise, both known for being dangerous/hostile.

It probably makes less sense for someone to die in a Banjo & Kazooie trailer. The most I could see is Grunty turning someone into a frog.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Interesting use of Wario, but a little cold of Banjo. He just straight up watched Wario fall to his doom!
That was a bit of an obstacle, thinking it would too out of character for Banjo to attack Wario, but Kazooie would definelty snatch the jiggy and even mock Wario, it's very likely that after he finished playing his...well banjo, he still hears Wario's scream and gets worried about him.

I wanted Gruntilda to show up and zap Wario instead but it would've made the reveal too obvious, plus I didn't know where to place her.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
So, if Banjo Kazooie get in the base game, would you support any other Rare characters for DLC/future games? Perhaps Joanna Dark or a Killer Instinct rep? (Besides other Banjo characters)
I wonder if Joanna Dark was planned for Melee but then cut, considering the cloaking device in the game.
Joanna and Conker would be cool as characters, but they would likely be asist trophies, which would still be petty cool.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed every trailer so far has kept the character secret until their big moment with the splash screen. Obviously they're strongly hinted at for those paying attention (Ridley's tail, villain montage for K. Rool, etc.). So I'm curious how a Banjo trailer would work in that sense. Castlevania, leaks aside, did a good job at slowly revealing who the character was. In comparison, Banjo-Kazooie would be a lot more hard to hide who it is or what series they're from given it has a more colorful and bright tone.

Maybe a few characters fighting on what appears to be a generic grassy field, until things zoom out and it's slowly revealed to be Spiral Mountain. Then somehow they end up in front of Banjo's house, where the duo step out in dramatic fashion to join the fray.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Read mine two pages ago.

It focuses on what seems to be a dragon chasing Peach thanks to POV shots through a forest at night, only for Banjo to be sleeping during the entire fight. He gets both a fake out splash screen (we can’t have him sleeping during his big shot) and a real one where he and Kazooie fly off after what is revealed to be Gruntilda.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
Joanna and Conker would be cool as characters, but they would likely be asist trophies, which would still be petty cool.
I think Conker's AT should be getting drunk and aimlessly hitting people, maybe throwing up... or just using Context Sensitive.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Well the support ranking thread was updated and our bear and bird did in fact rise to the #5 slot. Just under Ashley. So in essence the #4 slot if we are talking about eligible characters for the base roster. :cool:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well the support ranking thread was updated and our bear and bird did in fact rise to the #5 slot. Just under Ashley. So in essence the #4 slot if we are talking about eligible characters for the base roster. :cool:
Where can I find the Support Ranking thread? wouldn't mind taking a look at how everyone stacks up.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Good, when I saw we were at only 13 I quickly made sure the OP knew what was up, thanks for backing me up SirCamp

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If they got into the game by some miracle, I'd just go for Grunty as far as further Rare. If the Rare buyout had never happened, she'd be a K. Rool tier figure by this point if not in the game already. While Richter Belmont is an echo, the floodgates for multiple characters from the same franchise are starting to crack open.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I don't know how I've taken so long but add me to the supporter list! Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favourite games of all time and they deserve the spot perhaps more than any other non Nintendo character. After seeing K. Rool and SImon it's been reconfirmed that the moveset would be a giant, beautiful and faithful homage to the games.

They deserve to be in and I am seeing them as more and more likely each day. Please let it happen.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
the other rare character I would want in smash bros is conker! hay if snake & bayo (who uses guns that shoot bullets not layzers) can get in why not conker!

But my 2nd most wanted character is Frank West from Dead Rising ! I think he would be a great fit using house hold items & toys to fight in smash like trowing OJ, pies & Milk, CDs, plates & SO much more ! the moveset potential is crazy! IMO & the outfits he can where ! he would have up to 16! Capcom love putting frank into games lol
but one dream at a time

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love me some Banjo Kazooie! They kind of remind me of Wander and Sylvia (If you don't know Wander over Yonder, look it up. now).
Ever since my dream character died (rip Ashley) iv'e been trying to find other characters to root for, and the Bear and Bird fit the bill.
I'm not sure how big their chances are, but go ahead and throw me on the support list!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Fellas, I just had a huge sudden realization. All of the third party characters have been on the back of the box art for the last two games. Meaning that depending on when the box art is made and shown to the public, Banjo Kazooie might not be the final character revealed, since the box art might be already known by then.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fellas, I just had a huge sudden realization. All of the third party characters have been on the back of the box art for the last two games. Meaning that depending on when the box art is made and shown to the public, Banjo Kazooie might not be the final character revealed, since the box art might be already known by then.
Um, last time I checked CLOUD wasn't on the back of Smash 4's box. Pleb.

i'm joking.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rash and Conker, hands down. Banjo and Diddy must have a DKR reunion, for old time's sake.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I want to hear it come from the fans: what do you think Banjo’s chances are? I give them a 40%

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
the other rare character I would want in smash bros is conker! hay if snake & bayo (who uses guns that shoot bullets not layzers) can get in why not conker!

But my 2nd most wanted character is Frank West from Dead Rising ! I think he would be a great fit using house hold items & toys to fight in smash like trowing OJ, pies & Milk, CDs, plates & SO much more ! the moveset potential is crazy! IMO & the outfits he can where ! he would have up to 16! Capcom love putting frank into games lol
but one dream at a time
If you like Frank you should stop by my support thread for him

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I’d say he is fifty, fifty could go either way. He has a lot going for him, but the stages and now the box art...

Folt

Smash Ace
I want to hear it come from the fans: what do you think Banjo’s chances are? I give them a 40%
0%. They're my "impossible dream character" for a reason. Nothing short of seeing them actually confirmed and in the game will change my mind on this.

But damn if I don't want that to happen. (So you can chalk me up as a supporter. An unconventional one perhaps, but a supporter none-the-less.)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Honestly, it's hard to quantify a percent chance for Banjo. It comes down to if Sakurai asked for him. If yes he's 100% in because we know Microsoft will play ball but if not his chances are 0%. I could meet in the middle and say 50% but I honestly have no idea.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I say its 50% who knows what when on behind closed doors ? Minecraft cross play allowing you to unlock xbox achevments on the switch with banjo already in said game lol the N64 classic mini maybe ??? but clearly M$ & Nintendo have been in talks so who knows its all down to daddy sakurai who would have to make the 1st move & banjo was HIGH ! on the ballot & so far this roster is based on the ballot & returning characters so its 50% yes or no IMO but banjo for DLC? maybe a 60-70%

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, depends whether Microsoft was really receptive to lend Banjo in the end and if Nintendo approached them for him in the first place. I'd say he's about as likely as Geno, both very popular choices but who knows what's going on behind the scenes with all the licensing. Then again, it's SSB Ultimate for a reason and I feel Sakurai is really pushing to the limit trying to get in as many different characters from as many companies as possible.

In a perfect world, the next Direct would feature BK and the announcement that NIntendo has reacquired all of the classic Rare IP again. Spiral Mountain stage, boss Gruntilda and Mumbo, Conker, Joanna Dark ATs... *sigh* A man can dream, right? But I digress, I got K. Rool which is all I ever wanted and I shouldn't get greedy. BK would be more icing on the cake heh

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Honestly, Nintendo really just needs Banjo and all the characters in Diddy Kong Racing. (I realize this includes Conker)
Microsoft did good with Perfect Dark and now Killer Instinct.

Top Bottom