• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Got a few more in me:

(Wario): A fat, greedy mieser all clad in yellow, I have to say, you're just my kind of fellow!
(Bowser): To kidnap the princess, you go through such hassle! Sorry old friend, but she's in another castle!
(Peach): YECK! That pink makes my eyes hurt! At least I can move without holding my skirt!

(Any echo fighter): The abilities you have seem to echo another... either way, I'll send you running to mother!
(Donkey Kong): You big stupid ape! Get out of my lair! I'd rather be friends with that infernal bear!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Banjo Kazooie finally in a game with Donkey Kong, it should have happened over a decade ago. Once I unlock all the DK characters (hopefully including Dixie) and hopefully Banjo, I’ll keep putting them all in 8 player battles.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
You know, Gameover/Young Gruntilda looked pretty good. Why was I trying to defeat her in Banjo Kazooie again? Even Mumbo wasted no time. ;)

Haha jk....maybe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we get Gruntilda's tower, we better get her commentary depending on who's battling as she flies around taking potshots at you

(Sonic): You're quick on your feet for a big blue rat! Perhaps when I'm done, you'll make a nice hat!

(Mario): A smelly plumber of blue and red! That stupid mustache I'll be sure to shred!

(Luigi): A little green man all shaking in fear! Best hurry home, for your end is near!

(Zero Suit Samus): You think with that figure that you're all that!? I'd have a Zero Suit too, were I not so fat!

And just for the hell of it:

(If Goku actually made it in): An orange clad warrior of world renowned fame! Though quite a few wonder why you're in this game!
Got a few more in me:

(Wario): A fat, greedy mieser all clad in yellow, I have to say, you're just my kind of fellow!
(Bowser): To kidnap the princess, you go through such hassle! Sorry old friend, but she's in another castle!
(Peach): YECK! That pink makes my eyes hurt! At least I can move without holding my skirt!

(Any echo fighter): The abilities you have seem to echo another... either way, I'll send you running to mother!
(Donkey Kong): You big stupid ape! Get out of my lair! I'd rather be friends with that infernal bear!
One for K. Rool, please, these are fun.

You know, Gameover/Young Gruntilda looked pretty good. Why was I trying to defeat her in Banjo Kazooie again? Even Mumbo wasted no time. ;)

Haha jk....maybe.
You know how much Rare liked their shapely women at times, at least from Battletoads' Dark Queen onwards.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
One for K. Rool, please, these are fun.
I'll give you THREE!

(K. Rool): Well lookie here, you've been gone for awhile! You were quite nearly forgotten, you fat crocodile!
or
(K. Rool): I'll turn you into luggage you reptilian freak! I'd say your future in gaming is looking quite bleak!
or
(K. Rool): The demand for your comeback must give you some solace! Considering you were usurped by a fat smelly walrus!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll take a crack at some, for unconfirmed fighters.

(Dixie Kong): For a chump chimp, you look quite pretty! In fact, you remind me of Tooty!
(Geno): For a video game hero, you're misunderstood! But that won't matter, I'll use you for firewood!
(Isaac): You use some good magic for a knight, but up against me you'll lose the fight!
(Shantae): You think your dancing is some sort of magic? When I'm done with you, it'll be tragic!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hell, I'll try my hand at some too. It would be a great feature on a Banjo-Kazooie stage haha!

Link: A champion like you may have bested a calamity but when I'm through with you, you'll have earned my pity!
Captain Falcon:
You should've stayed in your fancy blue car! My spells shall send you flying fast and far!
Ice Climbers: You two are a frostbitten pair! At Freezeezy Peak, you'll fit right at home there!

Pichu: You hurt yourself with every jolt you unleash! Your chances of winning are about to decrease!
King Dedede: You're big with that hammer as the King of Dream Land! But try dealing with a spell from my hand!
Olimar: You're a gardener of sorts but you hail from space! Those colored creatures won't help you win first place!
Villager: You collect items like that fool bear and bird! You'll collect your own death, you have my word!
Duck Hunt: A dog and a duck?! How absurd! That's even sillier than that foolish bear and bird!
Mega Man: You've bested robotic villains, that's true! But this witch is gonna turn you black and blue!
Corrin: You turn into a dragon and you're quick with a blade! But you're all washed up and about to be slayed!
Inkling: Are you a kid or a squid?! It doesn't matter! You best hide in your ink before you splatter!
Ridley: A purple dragon like you is too big to fit here! I'll cut you down to size and give you something to fear!
Simon Belmont: So! You deal with monsters, eh? I bet you've never dealt with such a powerful witch in your day!
Mii Fighter: So, you've joined the ranks of the Smash Bros. crew? I bet you're a nerd in the real world! Aren't you?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Got some more for prospective newcomers:

Bandana Waddle Dee: Aren't you just a weird generic enemy? You're lucky that you're not facing my army!
Lloyd Irving: Another young man with a sword? Yawn, you're making me bored!
Mach Rider: Stop driving all over my tower with that accursed bike! Just go away and take a hike!
Isabelle: A secretary dog, what a dear! But as a combatant, you have no place here!
Prof. Layton: Apparently you're good with a puzzle! Not today, you'll be my next victim to bamboozle!

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So some of the fake leaks from the SSBU general thread claimed that Gruntilda would be a playable character. (alongside Banjo of course) How insane would that be? I mean it obviously won't happen, but omg if it did I would be so happy.

Sort of just makes me think about if Rare was still with Nintendo, we might have so many Rare characters by now. Banjo, Grunty, Mumbo Jumbo, Conker. We might have more Diddy Kong Racing games, and potentially characters from that. Truly a blessed timeline.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not only that, but it will rectify a long-standing injustice against them being bought up by a company that currently has little to no interest in using the IP that it bought with Rare. Honestly, the odds are highly in their favor for the first time since the buyout. Phil Spencer gave his approval and blessing during the ballot and since then, the ballot is now clearly an important decision maker for the newcomers this time around giving the fans characters they never thought would make it in at long last a la Ridley, King K. Rool, & Simon Belmont and its clear that was most likely its original intention when it was made, Banjo-Kazooie were more than likely highly requested as a third-party option, the inclusion of both Dark Samus AND King K. Rool shows Sakurai is willing to bring in foreign characters that aren't just Japanese-originated exclusives, the duo have important Nintendo history representing the N64 era and having themselves and their franchise originated on there unlike Sheik and Ganondorf who debuted on the N64 but whose franchise began in the NES era, their moveset and universe representation fits PERFECTLY into the stage of Smash and would bring a unique iconic set of characters to the mix, Microsoft and Nintendo's current relationship is highly promising and the Vergebin leak, while not something I normally pay attention, does have a lot more credence and a better track record at being accurate than any current leaks before it and made mention of Microsoft having representation in Smash, its their twentieth anniversary and what an amazing way to celebrate it than by bringing them home to Nintendo, and Microsoft currently isn't doing anything big with Banjo-Kazooie, so why not let them in Smash? It really would be the ultimate reveal by the game's launch and outdo the hype of characters like Ridley, Simon Belmont, and King K. Rool, who are already incredibly hyped up newcomers who I've wanted since Melee and Brawl! I really don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed but man it's looking so much more believable now than ever before.
I always like to compare Banjo Kazooie's situation with Crash Bandicoot's (One of my top 5 most wanted newcomers ) but with a different outcome, Crash origins are tied with Sony's PlayStation and was the unofficial mascot for the brand at the time and even though he's now a 3rd Party Character owned by Activision he will always be associated with the Playstation brand, Banjo Kazooie got their start on the N64 and have spinoff ties with the Donkey Kong Franchise ,But even though their now tied to Microsoft's Xbox brand, They will forever be associated and considered Nintendo Characters no matter what.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Joanna Dark would be playable by at least Brawl (or melee as the James Bond rep would have fallen through no doubt)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Came up with a few more, these are quite fun! Banjo-Kazooie as a series to me is number one!

Fox: A fancy gun and speed you may possess. But you'll make a fine fur coat to go with my dress!
Ganondorf: The King of Evil but you just now got your sword! You'd best hurry up, I'm getting bored!
Mewtwo: A powerful monster that can read minds you may be, but I dare to try such a stunt with me!
Pit: An angel from the heavens, but you can barely even fly! I'll hurt you so bad I'll make your goddess cry!
Snake: You're stealthy and tough, I'll give you that! But my spells and rhymes will stomp you flat!
R.O.B.: A mechanical relic, that's all you are! I'll smash you to a million little pieces and send them far!
Little Mac: A feisty little fighter you may be, but I'll stay well and far above your reach!

Ryu: A powerful warrior you look to be, but you'll be sorry you ever came messing with me!
Cloud Strife: That sword looks as sharp and spiky as your hair! I'll blast you away, so you better beware!

And, of course, a special one to complete!
Banjo-Kazooie: The bear and bird, you've returned at long last! You should've stayed home in Nintendo's forgotten past!

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I just realized, be on the lookout for the cloaking device from Melee, as that would be very telling..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hoping, HOPING the bear and bird finally get their due. I've never dared to dream about this possibility, but here I'm thinking "What could Sakurai do at this point to top Ridley, or even K. Rool, who's been arguably the most hype character reveal and likely one of, if not the top contender in the ballot?"

A certain possibility comes to mind, and it's just so goddamn tantalizing. I don't really want to ask Sakurai for anything else, because holy ****, look what he's doing with this game. But if...just IF, it actually happens. It might be the most legendary moment in gaming history. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
At this point the only ballot character's that constantly showed up on list's that have yet to show up in Ultimate are Dixie, Banjo, Isaac and Bandana Dee. That list is awfully short... I'm pretty positive all of them will show up in some capacity.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if all of them show up playable and then add Geno.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Jesus guys can we just take a moment to appreciate we have a real possibility for every character that was ever in smash, Ridley, K Rool, Richter(or Simon if you're lame), Isaac, Banjo, and Geno to be in the same game.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, oh! Let me give it a try!! I'm loving all the Grunty quips that passeth by!

(Palutena) - They may call you the goddess of light, but MY powers will give you a real fright!
(Diddy Kong) - Pesky little primate, you'd better beware. Death shall come to whoever's a friend to that bear!
(Pokemon Trainer) - Your monsters may bite, they jolt, they pitch, but I'll soon blast their master in a ditch!
(Jigglypuff) - A musical balloon, lullabying with each hop. One good zap, & you'll be the Queen of Pop!

& for some hopeful hypotheticals.....
(Rayman) - For such a weird limbless freak, your quite laid-back. But best tread carefully, for more parts you'll soon lack!
(Toad) - You're quite the spore-laden scamp, zipping past the pack. You won't last long though, for mushrooms are my FAVORITE snack!
(Gooey) - Typically, you pests make witchcraft a hard job, but it'll be easy to squash such a dopey blob!

EDIT 5/12/19: Have s' more, just cuz...
(Lanky Kong) - Your grape-stained clowning really sets off my alarms, I hurl at your antics with those stretchy arms.
(Snip N' Clip) - Tis' impressive how you two are unfazed by a trim, but my flaming blasts shall leave you nice and grim!
(Ms. Pac-Man) - You claim you're more than Pac-Man with a bow, but my eyes only see a ditzy schmoe!
(Funky Kong) - Cruise back to the 90s, you tubular tool. Fighting with surfing techniques, who're you trying to fool?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Got a last few others, for possible up-and-comers:

Medusa: You there, beautiful woman with snakes in her hair! Are you still dealing with that meddlesome angel and his goddess damsel?
Heihachi: You think you can impress by tossing me off a cliff? I've seen worse, a giant boulder made me stiff!
Lip: A cute little fairy, stop making me hurl, please! I'm glad they cancelled your series!
Marx: That dream of yours is to take Pop Star down, if you ask me you're better off as a clown!

Crash Bandicoot: Being a spinning, furball experiment gives you woe? I'll give you a reason to really say "Whoa"!

And finally, much-needed ones for fighters we have already:

Yoshi: Dinosaur, how dare you throw eggs at my face! I already get that from that blasted breegull in the first place!
Ness: For a psychic boy, it's a wonder you can move with that giant head! You should become a fortuneteller instead!
Lucas: Little boy, you're so frightened, go back to mommy! Oops, she's dead, but I won't say "I'm sorry"!
Wii Fit Trainer: I don't have time to do exercise! I'll just rip out your new eyes!

Kirby: A pink puff who swallows, spits and thinks he's all that, but I'll kill you if you steal my hat!

Also, a little bonus for 8-player battles:

So many fighters in 3-D! If every character in history was in this game, people wouldn't be so needy!

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Consider me a supporter. Mega Man, Bomberman, and Banjo were the 3rd party characters I wanted to see in Smash the most. I got Mega Man and then Bomberman got robbed so that just leaves Banjo and Kazooie.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Consider me a supporter. Mega Man, Bomberman, and Banjo were the 3rd party characters I wanted to see in Smash the most. I got Mega Man and then Bomberman got robbed so that just leaves Banjo and Kazooie.
You have great taste, sir!

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I've wanted Banjo & Kazooie ever since the first Smash Bros. and they have always been my #1 requested character. I already got my 2nd and 3rd requested characters already with King K. Rool and Ridley and adding the bear and bird would make this the perfect smash game for me. In other words if Banjo & Kazooie get in I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Looks like Isaac might be next which points more to the ballot which only further backs us up

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well...

I never thought I'd see the day when K. Rool was in Smash, Geno feels like a lock, Isaac has a significant chance, and Banjo and Kazooie actually have a shot. After years of utter dismissal due to the Rare situation, somehow, Sakurai--and Phil Spencer--have made the impossible seem possible.

What bizarre reality have I slipped into?

I guess it's best just to roll with it, lol. Add me as a supporter!

Btw, the idea of Grunty trashing the fighters on a Lair stage, in rhyme, is perfect. Very Sakurai. I'll have to come up with some rhymes myself!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Oh? Did something happen to hint towards Isaac?
Sakurai's tweet of the Rathalos highly resembles a Golden Sun battle with the camera angle that is a staple to RPGs made by Camelot and even referencing one of the features in Golden Sun where you have a GBA link battle in a colloseum and you can only use three of your party members

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Well...

I never thought I'd see the day when K. Rool was in Smash, Geno feels like a lock, Isaac has a significant chance, and Banjo and Kazooie actually have a shot. After years of utter dismissal due to the Rare situation, somehow, Sakurai--and Phil Spencer--have made the impossible seem possible.

What bizarre reality have I slipped into?

I guess it's best just to roll with it, lol. Add me as a supporter!

Btw, the idea of Grunty trashing the fighters on a Lair stage, in rhyme, is perfect. Very Sakurai. I'll have to come up with some rhymes myself!
I know. It feels like a literal dream that I haven’t woken up from yet. If they’re all included it truly will be the ultimate Smash

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Keep in mind, Sakurai has been trying to get Banjo in since Melee, and right now seems like the right time. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Sakurai says he’s been working on Banjo for years. In fact, Banjo might be Sakurai’s dream

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Keep in mind, Sakurai has been trying to get Banjo in since Melee, and right now seems like the right time. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Sakurai says he’s been working on Banjo for years. In fact, Banjo might be Sakurai’s dream
A "Project Dream"

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Add me to the support list. I remember playing the games as a kid, and while I haven't actively been hoping for him in Smash, the fact his chances are better than they've been in so long, makes me excited.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Yes! Impeccable taste! lol I was so sad about Bomberman. =( I would also love to see a Dragon Quest character personally. I think with all of them 3rd parties would be largely complete (there are definitely more I wouldn't be mad about, but those are definitely the most important imo at this point).

Also, on an unrelated note, the tallying supporters for characters on this board had Banjo at 13 supporters for some reason. I corrected them yestersday so we should be updated and, barring other questionable tallies, make it up to #5. =D

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
Since K. Rool is in you guys have my full support! B-K is my second most wanted character and I do hope he comes back! Plus I'm British and have a RareWare Bias, hahah.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I wanna play!

Shulk: You have visions of the future, I see. Do you know when you'll lose to little old me?
Robin: Pah, a silly, amateur of magic. Compared to Mumbo, you're much more tragic

Greninja: A ninja frog, I chrotle with glee. As I've heard your legs are quite tasty
Daisy: A ladette that's very sassy. But I'll be saying "Goodbye, Daisy"

Browser Jr.: Good for nothing brat. For your punishment, I'll turn you into a rat.

Others
Elma: I can tell that you hide the truth. How long until others see your ruse?
Petey Pirahna: A sludge vomiting plant makes my day. You would enjoy my Rusty Bucket Bay.
Shadow: You say that all hail, Shadow. But the number of people who think that is zero.
Yooka-Laylee: You are like THOSE two? What madness is this? This duo is now on my hit list.
Incineror: I have to admit I know the feel. To enjoy being an aggressive heel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom