• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Wooo !!! 1000 !!! Hell ,Count me in too !!! Now that the dust has settled The time is now to finally get Banjo and Kazooie into Super Smash Bros, King K.Rool was my 2nd most wanted character (Most wanted 1st Party Character) to join Smash and now that he's in, It's pumped me up to rally for my most wanted 3rd Party Character and (Most Wanted Character Overall) It's great to see that Banjo Kazooie is getting a spill over of support from King K. Rool supporters to help push another fellow Rareware fighter get in, Spread the word and let's make it happen, Let's go Team Rareware !!!

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
We talk about this a few pages back, but what about instead of Spiral Mountain we had Grunty’s tower as the stage with Grunty as a stage boss who has character specific taunts as she fights everyone on stage?

There is a Brawl mod for Grunty’s tower over at Smashvault if you need picture references

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah, Grunty's tower would be good, making Gruntilda not only pop up as a stage hazard in stage, but also as a Boss in the new Subspace! That would be fun!

Bozikins

Smash Rookie
I am really enjoying reading everyone's support for our bear and bird. Thanks to those coming over from the K. Rool support thread - we all won with his inclusion.

I was going over the worlds between Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, trying to decide which stage I most wanted for discussion's sake. I found that, just seeing a single screen-shot of the stage brought back memories of each of the unique worlds both games brought. I would be fine with two stages added to Smash - one for Kazooie, one for Tooie - that just cycled through all the worlds with random happenings in the background (something akin to Delfino Plaza).

Gosh, I remember playing as a kid and finally getting past Treasure Trove Cove. You had to deal with Snacker, the shark, who (for those who never played the game) not only damaged you when he caught you in the water, but also had this Jaws-like theme to announce his presence. Imagine going from that experience to the next level, Clanker's Cavern, and seeing the next shark. Literally the first thing you see of Clanker is teeth the size of Banjo. I turned the game off at that point and didn't play for a while. Memories like that just make me smile now.

I'm sure everyone has memories similar for each of the stages, so let's get 'em all!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Along with the DK Trilogy and Majora's Mask, the Banjo games are something that also gave me a fond childhood (MM gave a few nightmares as well :p). I never posted in here before because I had always assumed that Microsoft taking over Rare was a death sentence to the bear & bird, but with how things are unfolding as of late with Sakurai's goals and with how snuggly Nintendo appears to be getting with Microsoft, I believe anything can happen over the next few months.

King K. Rool is in Smash Bros! Can we keep this Rare Hype Train going and get Banjo-Kazooie and Dixie in here now? Sign me up!

Last edited:

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
You mean we can't have all of the tracks from BK and BT?! Just kidding of course, but if I had to pick a select few for SSB:

BK:
Gruntilda's Lair
Treasure Trove Cove
Freezeezy Peak
Gobi's Valley
Mad Monster Mansion
Click Clock Wood (Spring)
Grunty's Furnace Fun Theme

BT:
Jinjo Village
Mayahem Temple
WitchyWorld
Jolly Rogers Lagoon
Hailfire Peaks (Lava Side)

Here's hoping they get in!

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Add me please. Used to play his games when I was younger and it would be great to see him in Smash. He seems more likely than ever now.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Instead of having a first person represantive who’s never been on a Nintendo platform, how about we receive Joanna Dark along with Banjo Kazooie?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
For music from the Banjo-Kazooie series, my personal picks would be, including surprisingly some picks from Nuts & Bolts:

Banjo-Kazooie Medley (A combination medley of the main theme, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Click Clock Wood (Spring), Jinjo Village, and Cloud Cuckooland.) Mainly a collection of upbeat fast-paced songs from their history.
Spiral Mountain (Remix)
Spiral Mountain (Original) (Banjo-Kazooie)
Gruntilda's Lair Medley (A reorchestrated combination of the Gruntilda's Lair theme with flourishes of Clanker's Cavern, Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and the final battle themes from Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie)
Gruntilda's Lair (Original) (Banjo-Kazooie)
Click Clock Wood (Spring) (Original) (Banjo-Kazooie)
Mr. Patch: Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing (Original) (Banjo-Tooie)
Banjoland Buffoonery (Original) (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts)
Grapplin' with Grunty (Original) Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts)

I would be ecstatic if they put as many themes from their games as possible since they're all amazing but for a Spiral Mountain stage, which I feel is the best option for Banjo-Kazooie's home stage as a traveling stage that ends up on top of Gruntilda's Lair where Grunty awaits as a stage boss that heckles the fighters, these would be themes I feel would be most appropriate for it.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Banjo’s music is one of the most underrated in video game history.

It’s not as operatic as the usual suspects that top the list, nor as moody, but damn is it just fun and catchy perfectly capturing the tone of the game’s characters and story.

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all:

King K. Rool was my #1 request, and with him now confirmed I'm now giving all my support to my next two most wanted newcomers: Banjo and Dixie. I'm confident that Banjo will be in this game in one form or another. Here's hoping we see him soon!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Banjo-Tooie actually had quite a bit of moody music; the theme in general was much darker in that game though. The depressing Spiral Mountain theme comes to immediate mind. Some of the hub world variations could get pretty moody as well, on both ends of the spectrum. The music in Tooie was actually quite similar to DK64 in that regard; Grant Kirkhope was indeed quite the legend during the Rare era.

It would be interesting to see them do a few remixes using Grant's fading mood techniques to transition throughout a big medley.

Isle O' Hags is the perfect example of how this was done:

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's weird how much more I loved Banjo-Tooie over Kazooie. I love both of course, but I found myself playing and replaying Tooie a lot more. Having everything from the first game expanded with bigger worlds, more moves and abilities, more characters, even better music, awesome bosses on every level, and a much larger scale story than the simple but effective story from the first one really made Tooie stand out in my mind. While I obviously want Banjo & Kazooie to get the most stuff from their first outing, I would like their moveset to incorporate a lot of their newer moves from Tooie such as the Bill Drill, the Breegull Bash and, of course, the elemental eggs you could acquire throughout Tooie. Heck, I wouldn't mind Mumbo's magic wrench from Nuts & Bolts being a grab move or something if that's the only reference to that game aside from some music from it!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's weird how much more I loved Banjo-Tooie over Kazooie. I love both of course, but I found myself playing and replaying Tooie a lot more. Having everything from the first game expanded with bigger worlds, more moves and abilities, more characters, even better music, awesome bosses on every level, and a much larger scale story than the simple but effective story from the first one really made Tooie stand out in my mind. While I obviously want Banjo & Kazooie to get the most stuff from their first outing, I would like their moveset to incorporate a lot of their newer moves from Tooie such as the Bill Drill, the Breegull Bash and, of course, the elemental eggs you could acquire throughout Tooie. Heck, I wouldn't mind Mumbo's magic wrench from Nuts & Bolts being a grab move or something if that's the only reference to that game aside from some music from it!
That said, I absolutely adore Banjo-Kazooie for being a straightforward adventure with no real backtracking, just going through and progressing through this dark but colorful witch's lair and trying to save your sister while unlocking each world within.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
May not be a popular opinion but I would want Banjo Land from BK:N&B to be the banjo stage as its an amalgamation of all thing banjo ! would be perfect for banjo's 20th anniversary & could be a traveling stage

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
imagesbkn64logoflowers.jpg

Also next time sakurai tweets please tweet him this image to remind him that banjo means a lot to Nintendo fans & thank him for all he & his team have done so far. If everyone tweets him this the messege should get across, sonic was added last minet to brawl so who knows maybe if banjo isn't already in it may be the final push to add banjo in or at least DLC :D this game is so close to perfect ! (that or we all pick a day & a time to mass tweet it at him so he will definitely take notice ) :D

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I really really miss playing Nuts and Bolts, so at least a little content from it would be nice.

But this is a Nintendo celebration. It SHOULD be put on the backseat for Kazooie and Tooie. I support them, too.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Banjo stock has skyrocketed with Vergeben validation and fellow rare veteran K. Rool being konfirmed. Vergeben says there is non playable Minecraft representation, and I refuse to believe Sakurai would go to Microsoft and not get a character out of it. If the leak is legit, Banjo is all but guaranteed.

I was so focused on K. Rool all this time I could barely even comprehend what other characters I would want after him. Now, though? Banjo is very easily my most wanted as of currently. I considered him an impossibility in the past, but he's looking realistic now. It's baffling how much Smash speculation has been turned on its head by the king! People say that forum gatherings and polls aren't representative and that a million imaginary casuals won the ballot, but we know that that is simply not true now. Banjo was a massive entity during the ballot, and that's when things mattered. I can't thank you guys who were campaigning for him all that time back enough, and I hope you get to join the Kremling Krew!

"We finally got our beloved gator, bear and bird coming later!"

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If Banjo gets in, Rare will properly be represented (although Joanna Dark would truly make that complete and give the game a true shooter rep)

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
inb4 Rare pulls a Square-Enix and only allows two Banjo tracks if they make it in.

Give me Spiral Mountain, Gruntilda's Lair, and Jinjo Village and I'll be a happy man. Also their theme from the opening of Banjo-Kazooie, I think that would be a great background track for a reveal trailer for them, almost as perfect as Gangplank Galleon was for K. Rool.

To briefly touch down Master Chief, Halo has no history with Nintendo whatsoever. Every third-party in Smash has at least some history with Nintendo, even ones without characters like Monster Hunter, Rayman, and Shovel Knight. So I don't see Master Chief ever happening. Banjo-Kazooie, of course, has the N64 titles, and even the GBA ones if we're covering all of them.

We all guessed it with vets + Ridley, but K. Rool's inclusion basically confirms that the ballot is one of their main sources of newcomers for Ultimate. I don't know how well Banjo & Kazooie did overall, but I'm sure they must have done well.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
So boss battles are confirmed now. Seems like a perfect opportunity to include Banjo Kazooie and have a boss battle on top of Grunty's lair vs Gruntilda.
Also this was probably a bad idea opening this forum, because I told myself this smash game to not expect B&K at all so my hopes and dreams couldn't get shattered for a 3rd time. But here I am once more

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Considering that in most fan polls Banjo & Kazooie were ranked right up alongside K. Rool, Snake, and Wolf. I'd say he had a pretty great showing on the ballot he had to be top 3 in terms of 3rd parties. I remember seeing a Japanese poll and was surprised to see him so high. Thing is so far we've gotten quite a few notable characters who showed up quite a bit during the ballot days.. obviously K. Rool, Krystal, Chrom, Knuckles, Toad (being more prominent in Peach and Daisys move set), then there's Daisy herself... the decision to bring everyone back probably was mostly due to Wolf and Snake placing high on the ballot. Not to mention many fans dislike when cuts happen.

Then there's the big one.. Shovel Knight... I LOVE SK and really wanted him to be a Cinderella story and get in despite being a western developed indie character.. I really doubted he would show up at all, then he popped up in the AT montage and I was like WHAT?! I was a little bummed out he was an AT but I mean wow, the first indie character in Smash! He might be an assist but what an achievement for Yacht Club games! Thing is if Shovel Knight got in.. and clearly he did because of the ballot. Banjo & Kazooie have to be in there. Their ballot presence was well known, I saw them mentioned just as much as K. Rool. They have to be the most wanted 3rd party by far. I think we will get a nice surprise sometime this autumn with a Banjo trailer..

It's true Nintendo showed off Ridley and K. Rool already so they have to have some pretty impressive characters left up their sleeves and I for one think that Geno and Banjo & Kazooie are amongst them. Both are huge requested 3rd parties.. Banjo would get in on his impressive ballot presence and Geno would get in on his long time requestedness similar to Simon.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I am thinking there will be two more big Smash directs.

One will feature online (maybe as soon as next month)

One will focus on the story mode.

And in those two directs we will get two third party reps. I believe those to be Geno and Banjo

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So boss battles are confirmed now. Seems like a perfect opportunity to include Banjo Kazooie and have a boss battle on top of Grunty's lair vs Gruntilda.
Also this was probably a bad idea opening this forum, because I told myself this smash game to not expect B&K at all so my hopes and dreams couldn't get shattered for a 3rd time. But here I am once more
Same bro, same.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am thinking there will be two more big Smash directs.

One will feature online (maybe as soon as next month)

One will focus on the story mode.

And in those two directs we will get two third party reps. I believe those to be Geno and Banjo
when would you predict these two directs will fall? I'm all for two more directs, but the timing needs to click with me.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing one in mid-late September (maybe not a Smash Direct, but like a 10-minute segment in a general Direct with one unique newcomer and some Echoes), and then one more dedicated Smash Direct in October or November with everything else we don't know by that point.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I am thinking something next month with the launch of Nintendo Online Pay Service. What day does that go live?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Something we need to consider is that it's seemingly possible that there are no further stages. Sakurai said 103 and we've seen 103 on the CSS. If that was a final number then there could be no more newcomers from unique IPs. In which case, no Banjo :(

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Don't worry about that, of course there are still stages left. Why would they have shown every stage already? I mean that would have killed any support for characters whose series aren't in. They darn sure aren't going to give any hints as to who is in.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think there’s going to more stages, but that is really only clue hurting the bear and bird’s building momentum

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'd like to believe there are more stages, but 100 is quite the nice number to leave it at when you think about it, lol.

I just don't see it staying that way though, seeing as there are definitely at least a few newcomers left and there are also some notable ones missing from past Smash games.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I think there’s going to more stages, but that is really only clue hurting the bear and bird’s building momentum
Well if I'm right! During the August 8 direct! There was a black line of nothing at the bottom of the stage select! Which possibly hints at the remaining stages at the bottom all being new stages for Ultimate (I could be wrong though)!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I wouldnt take that number seriously.. Sakurai always over delivers, we're at 7 newcomers already when he said don't expect a lot. I know he probably meant unique newcomers, but still a new character is a new character echo or not. We will potentially see more echoes alongside new original fighters, which could give us well over 12 or 13 characters all together when many were expecting maybe 5 or 6.

There's more stages.. Sakurai never said "total" stages. I expect that stage select screen will be full upon release.

Top Bottom