• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

I just noticed something. Banjo's support revival was sparked as early as April 2015. Im bringin this up because it means Banjo's support was active months before November 2015, which was when the First Smash Ultimate Draft was done.

Im not gonna lie, im not exactly super into Banjo-Kazooie, but i want to see them in Smash too. Their design just screams "Nintendo Classic".

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
ahh man all my most wanted characters are getting the Assist trophy treatment... please don't let Banjo be next.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I mean...it’s possible could considering Bomberman, but I think the game from Microsoft solely represented by an assist trophy will be Minecraft

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I was so touched by how many King K. Rool supporters came over to support Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Ultimate that I just had to return the favor and support two characters that I think would be true hype pleasers and bring the return of characters that people have wanted in Smash for the longest time but have faded into obscurity and not used much any more, which I sooooo relate to with Banjo & Kazooie, Geno & Issac from Golden Sun. The only other character besides them, who I'm sure will get in eventually due to being such a perfect new IP for Sakurai to take from, is Spring Man/Ribbon Girl. Please do the people on the Geno and Issac support forums a favor and lend support for them, even if you aren't too interested in either character, just showing support for characters who would probably be excellent newcomer additions alongside the likes of the Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont would bring the Smash community closer together and help us send word to Sakurai that these are characters we'd like to see. A fighting game that consists of every video game veteran from every Smash game including such crazy newcomers as Ridley, King K. Rool, Issac, the Inklings, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Simon Belmont, Geno, and Banjo-Kazooie is a game I don't think anyone could be disappointed by and would make for the truly Ultimate Smash.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I was so touched by how many King K. Rool supporters came over to support Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Ultimate that I just had to return the favor and support two characters that I think would be true hype pleasers and bring the return of characters that people have wanted in Smash for the longest time but have faded into obscurity and not used much any more, which I sooooo relate to with Banjo & Kazooie, Geno & Issac from Golden Sun. The only other character besides them, who I'm sure will get in eventually due to being such a perfect new IP for Sakurai to take from, is Spring Man/Ribbon Girl. Please do the people on the Geno and Issac support forums a favor and lend support for them, even if you aren't too interested in either character, just showing support for characters who would probably be excellent newcomer additions alongside the likes of the Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont would bring the Smash community closer together and help us send word to Sakurai that these are characters we'd like to see. A fighting game that consists of every video game veteran from every Smash game including such crazy newcomers as Ridley, King K. Rool, Issac, the Inklings, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Simon Belmont, Geno, and Banjo-Kazooie is a game I don't think anyone could be disappointed by and would make for the truly Ultimate Smash.
Add Dixie Kong into the mix and you got a stew goin!

Er, uh I mean yeah that would be my ideal then pretty much. I'm not gonna lie Geno is sorta just there for me. I'm sure he would be really fun and a great addition, but I just don't have a connection to him in the way that I connect to Isaac or Dixie (or another Zelda rep for that matter). Would welcome him either way though, especially if he ends up being as interesting as everyone makes him sound. Gimme Banjo, Isaac, and Dixie though and I will never complain again! ;)

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
Do you know what would kick ass? if we got a Banjo-Kazooie stage along with them.

It could be spiral mountain, and every minute or so, Gruntilda can sass out the players.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think Isaac and Banjo are the most deserving characters left that haven’t been announced yet

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Considering how epic the final boss is in Banjo-Kazooie, my vote is for Grunty’s Tower.

Although I could see The peak of Spiril Mountain work with a bride that connects the peak to the base of Grunty’s Lair. It would force players to KO opponents to the left side of the screen. It would make it unique.

Still I like Grunty’s Tower with Grunty as a stage boss. The stage would be a long flat stage with both edges having a small, thick wall.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
ahh man all my most wanted characters are getting the Assist trophy treatment... please don't let Banjo be next.
I don't want to get overconfident about it, But I think most of us can agree that Banjo likely has immunity from becoming an Assist Trophy, Knowing that their obviously the main characters of their franchise and Rare's unofficial de facto mascot, I don't think Nintendo and Sakurai would go through all that trouble just for an assist, They know theirs demand and know how much of a shock they would bring. Assist Trophy's are for the (most part) reserved for secondary, side or minor characters from major franchises or used for characters from smaller video game series.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Here’s an example of what would be the ideal Banjo stage:

The walls on the edges give it a bit of a unique flair, jus through in a boss battle with Grunty talking smack in rhyme form

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
That's one of the things that i love about Smash Ultimate. Back in the days, people were fighting because every character they didn't love was an enemy who was trying to take a spot from their favorite character. I remember how much many K Rool fans and Dixie fans hated each others. Now this kind of useless fights are gone, people understood that there's no point in acting like this. When i came on Smashboards, i tried my best to support other characters and spread some positivity among the different threads and it made me appreciate even more some characters.
I think that supporting dedicated fanbase is the best thing to do. Isaac fans, Geno fans, Banjo Kazooie fans and many more deserve their characters after everything they did to support them !

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I mean...it’s possible could considering Bomberman, but I think the game from Microsoft solely represented by an assist trophy will be Minecraft
Sakurai wouldn't bother going to Microsoft for just a Minecraft stage and assist, he would grab Banjo and Kazooie along with it.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Actually I stand corrected, the newcomers I’d like to see the most now are Issac, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Geno, Rayman, and Banjo-Kazooie. I don’t expect all of them, but if they were all in, this game would be nuts. Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Issac, Paper Mario, Inklings, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Simon Belmont, Geno, Rayman, and Banjo-Kazooie all in a video game fighting pantheon would be nuts!!

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
since it seams there adding A LOT of echos to the pint you can customize the character select screen here are the echo I expect
Luigi-Dr.Luigi
Bowser-Dry Bowser
Yoshi-Birdo
Wario-Dr.Wario/Vampire Wario ?
Donkey Kong-Funky Kong/Donkey Kong Jr./Original Donky Kong Arcade/Kiddy Kong ?
Diddy Kong-Dixie Kong
Little Mac-Doc Louis
Link-Another Link Maybe?
Zelda-Hilda
Sheik-Impa
Ganondorf-Phantom Ganon/Hades/Black Shadow?
Paluttena-Medusa
Ike-Black Kight
Robin-Morgen
Kirby-Dark Kirby (plays the same as Kirby but special moves are based off more modern Kirby games like his grab is a wip like indeana jones & whatnot)
Meta Knight-Dark Meta Kninght/Galxia Knight/Morpho Knight?
King Dedede-Dark King Dedede ?
Fox-Slippy
Falco-Peppy
Squirtle-Wartortle
Ivysaur-Bulbasaur
Charizard-Mega Charizard X & or Y ?
Lucario-Mega Lucario ?
Jigglypuff-IGGLYBUFF!
Greninja-Ash Greninja
Ness-Ninten
Captain Falcon-Blood Falcon
Villager-Isabelle
Olimar-Alf/Louie/Britanny/Charlie ?
Pacman-Ms. Pacman
Megaman-ProtoMan
Sonic-Shadow
Mewtwo-Shadow Mewtwo
Lucas-Claus
Ryu-Ken
Cloud-Zack
Corrin-Kana
Bayonetta-Jeanne
Snake-Raiden
Ice Climbers-Baby Mario Brothers (based off partners in time)
Wolf-Panther???
Inkling-Octoling

And that's all the Echos I could see happening

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
With King K. Rool, a Dixie echo and Banjo-Kazooie it'll feel like Rare has returned to Nintendo!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm not sure who was asking about Nintendo Online, but here appears to be the latest news regarding it; seems to be pinpointed to late-September.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Late September is when we’ll get our next big Smash announcement then, or perhaps the week before online pay launches

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Or, you know, genre-defining company mascots like Bomberman who are significantly more alive than Megaman was when he got added.
Yeah, Bomberman really got screwed over, he definitely should have been a fighter and he also was in my Top 5 most wanted newcomers, I personally felt he should have been picked over Belmont as I could care less about him and Castlevania, But I assume theirs a limit on multiple 3rd Party characters from the same companies so it doesn't get too overcrowded and since Konami already had Snake, they probably had to decide between Bomberman or Belmont and the one who doesn't make the cut becomes an assist as a consolation prize.(Even though he was originally from Hudson Soft)

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
If we were get a 2nd Rare rep in Ultimate after Banjo-Kazooie then I'm willing to place my bets on a Killer Instinct character, either Fulgore or Spinal.

Also if Banjo-Kazooie make it to the roster I'm going to love hearing Banjo yell out "WOOOOAAAAAH!!" whenever he gets launched by an opponent, like how Bayo yells whenever she gets sent flying. Not in a hateful way of course it's just the bear and bird have such memorable voice clips and sound effects from their games.

Last edited:

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
If we were get a 2nd Rare rep in Ultimate after Banjo-Kazooie then I'm willing to place my bets on a Killer Instinct character, either Fulgore or Spinal.

Also if Banjo-Kazooie make it to the roster I'm going to love hearing Banjo yell out "WOOOOAAAAAH!!" whenever he gets launched by an opponent, like how Bayo yells whenever she gets sent flying. Not in a hateful way of course it's just the bear and bird have such memorable voice clips and sound effects from their games.
That brought back some many good memories

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If we receive a Killer Instinct Rep, give me Riptor! Seeing her beat up kremlings in an adventure mode would be sweet.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If we receive a Killer Instinct Rep, give me Riptor! Seeing her beat up kremlings in an adventure mode would be sweet.
Can't call it Super Smash Bros "Ultimate" without a Killer Instinct Representative !!! (Riptor is also my favorite KI fighter.)

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Fulgore was the face of Killer Instinct back in the 90s, and I feel he'd be the best fit for representing the franchise in Smash Bros. because of those ties to Nintendo... but, y'know, not as a playable character, but as an Assist Trophy, heh.

Banjo-Kazooie needs to be the only Rare rep playable here, let's not muddy the waters. Banjo-Kazooie would be the ultimate newcomer, and the ultimate reveal, and so I'm hoping they're being saved for last. There's nobody that could top Banjo-Kazooie, not unless they were completely nonsensical, but Banjo-Kazooie carries with it so much meaning and history that even someone like Goku or Master Chief or Geno or Isaac or anyone simply could not compete with. Nintendo and Rare... Back again at last, with the reveal of Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. Come on, that's like a fairytale or something.

Make it so, Sakurai.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Fulgore was the face of Killer Instinct back in the 90s, and I feel he'd be the best fit for representing the franchise in Smash Bros. because of those ties to Nintendo... but, y'know, not as a playable character, but as an Assist Trophy, heh.

Banjo-Kazooie needs to be the only Rare rep playable here, let's not muddy the waters. Banjo-Kazooie would be the ultimate newcomer, and the ultimate reveal, and so I'm hoping they're being saved for last. There's nobody that could top Banjo-Kazooie, not unless they were completely nonsensical, but Banjo-Kazooie carries with it so much meaning and history that even someone like Goku or Master Chief or Geno or Isaac or anyone simply could not compete with. Nintendo and Rare... Back again at last, with the reveal of Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. Come on, that's like a fairytale or something.

Make it so, Sakurai.
He honestly really is, Think about it, Banjo Kazooie's situation is very unique and unheard of compared to other potential newcomers, They are Former Nintendo All-Stars who had a spotlight alongside other mainstay's like Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu during the N64 Era (They were literally a 2nd Party Nintendo Character by design since Rare was practically half owned by them) And unfortunately became a victim of The Microsoft Buyout. It's unheard of a now 1st Party Character tied to the Xbox brand to return to their once former and now rival platform competitor where they got their start fighting and interacting along side their former company allies in . It will truly be ground breaking, drop jaws, stun everyone and make headlines if Nintendo and Microsoft pulled a deal off that was deemed impossible.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Like some others, I was so fully invested in K. Rool during the ballot period, while also considering Banjo an impossibility, that I didn't even really give serious thought to if I wanted them in Smash.

They are definitely my most wanted left. While I wouldn't be disappointed if they missed out, Sakurai has a chance to go out with a bang here. The first Banjo-Kazooie is in my top 5 favorite games, and the thought of seeing the Smash logo followed by the opening notes of the theme has me giddy.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I would expect Banjo to be the only Microsoft owned Rare newcomers in the base game, but Joanna Dark, Grunty, Riptor, and others would be sweet as DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I would expect Banjo to be the only Microsoft owned Rare newcomers in the base game, but Joanna Dark, Grunty, Riptor, and others would be sweet as DLC.
For me, it would be neat if Rash from the Battletoads came next, especially since his series is making a comeback. Also, everyone's favorite has-been Conker, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
He honestly really is, Think about it, Banjo Kazooie's situation is very unique and unheard of compared to other potential newcomers, They are Former Nintendo All-Stars who had a spotlight alongside other mainstay's like Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu during the N64 Era (They were literally a 2nd Party Nintendo Character by design since Rare was practically half owned by them) And unfortunately became a victim of The Microsoft Buyout. It's unheard of a now 1st Party Character tied to the Xbox brand to return to their once former and now rival platform competitor where they got their start fighting and interacting along side their former company allies in . It will truly be ground breaking, drop jaws, stun everyone and make headlines if Nintendo and Microsoft pulled a deal off that was deemed impossible.
Not only that, but it will rectify a long-standing injustice against them being bought up by a company that currently has little to no interest in using the IP that it bought with Rare. Honestly, the odds are highly in their favor for the first time since the buyout. Phil Spencer gave his approval and blessing during the ballot and since then, the ballot is now clearly an important decision maker for the newcomers this time around giving the fans characters they never thought would make it in at long last a la Ridley, King K. Rool, & Simon Belmont and its clear that was most likely its original intention when it was made, Banjo-Kazooie were more than likely highly requested as a third-party option, the inclusion of both Dark Samus AND King K. Rool shows Sakurai is willing to bring in foreign characters that aren't just Japanese-originated exclusives, the duo have important Nintendo history representing the N64 era and having themselves and their franchise originated on there unlike Sheik and Ganondorf who debuted on the N64 but whose franchise began in the NES era, their moveset and universe representation fits PERFECTLY into the stage of Smash and would bring a unique iconic set of characters to the mix, Microsoft and Nintendo's current relationship is highly promising and the Vergebin leak, while not something I normally pay attention, does have a lot more credence and a better track record at being accurate than any current leaks before it and made mention of Microsoft having representation in Smash, its their twentieth anniversary and what an amazing way to celebrate it than by bringing them home to Nintendo, and Microsoft currently isn't doing anything big with Banjo-Kazooie, so why not let them in Smash? It really would be the ultimate reveal by the game's launch and outdo the hype of characters like Ridley, Simon Belmont, and King K. Rool, who are already incredibly hyped up newcomers who I've wanted since Melee and Brawl! I really don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed but man it's looking so much more believable now than ever before.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If we get Gruntilda's tower, we better get her commentary depending on who's battling as she flies around taking potshots at you

(Sonic): You're quick on your feet for a big blue rat! Perhaps when I'm done, you'll make a nice hat!

(Mario): A smelly plumber of blue and red! That stupid mustache I'll be sure to shred!

(Luigi): A little green man all shaking in fear! Best hurry home, for your end is near!

(Zero Suit Samus): You think with that figure that you're all that!? I'd have a Zero Suit too, were I not so fat!

And just for the hell of it:

(If Goku actually made it in): An orange clad warrior of world renowned fame! Though quite a few wonder why you're in this game!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If we get Gruntilda's tower, we better get her commentary depending on who's battling as she flies around taking potshots at you

(Zero Suit Samus): You think with that figure that you're all that!? I'd have a Zero Suit too, were I not so fat!

Lmao! Can you do one for fellow witch, Bayonetta?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Lmao! Can you do one for fellow witch, Bayonetta?
Man, now I regret using that one for ZSS, it would have been perfect for Bayonetta

Ah well, here I go:

(Bayonetta): Another witch!? You're 20 years too late-! I've been the top witch since '98!
or
(Bayonetta): Put your clothes on! This games rated E! That's hardly something for kids to see!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Considering how epic the final boss is in Banjo-Kazooie, my vote is for Grunty’s Tower.

Although I could see The peak of Spiril Mountain work with a bride that connects the peak to the base of Grunty’s Lair. It would force players to KO opponents to the left side of the screen. It would make it unique.

Still I like Grunty’s Tower with Grunty as a stage boss. The stage would be a long flat stage with both edges having a small, thick wall.

Here some possible stages, click clock wood would be my personally favorite due to the changing seasons.

If there is any Banjo Kazooie song I want to see, it is this.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay, post the direct I have a new idea for the reveal trailer:

Peach is seen running through a dark and gloomy forest. It is unknown where she is, and why she is running. Through a POV shot it is revealed she is being chased, chased by something that is flying and a swooping fashion.

Next Peach not only has to worry about the chase, but soon we see fireballs reigning from the sky.

Peach trips over the root of a tree root.

A POV shot of the chaser is hovering over Peach. This chaser slowly lowers towards Peach. She then throws one hand over her head as she screams in terror.

Out pops Toad to defend, who is then blasted by a fireball and seen flying off behind Peach. It is here where we see a pathway through the trees. The camera slowly zooms down the path to what appears to be a blue house.

The next thing we see is the swaying black nose a top of long snout to the sounds of snoring.

It’s Banjo asleep in his bed!

Que a splash screen of Banjo, except it turns into a fake out as Banjo continues to sleep in his bed, snoring.

Meanwhile, Kazooie, packed away in Banjo’s backpack hanging on a coatracks, is awoken by the sounds of a skirmish going on outside the window. Kazooie sees what is going on outside and rocks the backpack back and forth to try and wake Banjo back up, but Banjo is sound asleep tucked under his covers.

Kazooie’s squawking eventually wakes up Banjo, but he responds by throwing his alarm clock at Kazooie knocking her over to the ground.

Banjo yawns, and then goes back to sleep.

Toad then flies in, shattering the window and smacks up against the wall.

This gets Banjo up, who then looks out the window.

There we get our dramatic reveal of Gruntilda hoisting a tied up Peach up into the air and plopping her onto her broomstick. She cackles and flies off into the night becoming a silhouette in the full moon.

Back inside the house, Banjo grabs his backpack with Kazooie inside and rushes out the door. Once outside, Kazooie stretches her wings and the two soar off after Gruntilda.

Now we get our proper splash screen: Banjo and Kazooie Soar Back Into Action. The picture is of them in mid flight.

We see our first game play footage of the two which includes Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, King K Rool, Mario, and Duck Hunt.

The final cinematic is of Banjo facing Gruntilda a top her tower.

The scene begins with Banjo sliding along the top of the tower, upright, fists clenched, staring up at the sky. Panning upwards we get a behind the back shot of Gruntilda holding up her fireball. She starts flinging a series of them then at Banjo-Kazooie, who dodge them by flying back up into the air right towards Gruntilda!

Our final shot is a long shot of the two dualing a top the tower in the silhouette of the full moon.

Top Bottom