• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
That's a bummer FancySmash FancySmash , you still have time to redeem it until January 31st. Maybe it's emailed through your spam folder or promotions tab (that's where I found my code). If it still doesn't work try calling Nintendo Support. I've seen a lot of people with this issue on twitter and were able to redeem their code the next day thanks to Nintendo Support. Give it a try when you get the chance.
Thanks, I got it finally. Just wasn't seeing the email they sent, since I get so many. Still, kinda silly on my part. :laugh:

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys say is the chance for any Kirby character (not just our boy Bandee) to make it as DLC? While it probably isn't the smartest thing to do, im keeping my hopes high for Taranza (and Bandee of course) to make it, even if it leaves me in utter disappointment at the end of it all.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What would you guys say is the chance for any Kirby character (not just our boy Bandee) to make it as DLC? While it probably isn't the smartest thing to do, im keeping my hopes high for Taranza (and Bandee of course) to make it, even if it leaves me in utter disappointment at the end of it all.
im convinced sakurai's bias is gonna keep em all out

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey y'all, Piranha Plant is now available! You better be trying him out while I'm gone. It came along with the recent update! (surprised?)
To me, this is the best thing from the update not gonna lie...
I was not disappointed. This drawing predicted it just about right.

12zr6exhi3w11.jpg

Kirby did a lot of sucking before, now he blows for the first time in his life.

...I'll show myself out.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
im convinced sakurai's bias is gonna keep em all out
Pretty much this. It really sucks that we're more likely to get Shrek and Goku than a 4th representative from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. I'd expect them to CUT Dedede or Meta Knight before we get another Kirby rep. It's that bad.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I can't help but wonder if even HAL are going to get increasingly worried about the amount of characters not budging an inch. Those guys are probably getting confused, strongly worded letters as to why Bandy isn't in yet.

Also, I have a new theory as to why Sak isn't doing anything; generally speaking, the guy doesn't just copy movesets 1:1 from a character's previous appearance, unless there really is no other choice (for example, take :ultincineroar:, who fights even more like a wrestler than making use of his fire-type abilities at all), focusing on being made to stand out with varying levels of creativity.

Meanwhile, Kumazaki's character movesets in his Kirby games are fully-fleshed out, and leave little to the imagination, so if you pick those characters, what do you even do that other people haven't done at that point? Plus if we add this onto the theory about him not wanting to influence future Kirby devs...

Really though, it's a wonder no one has ever thought of asking him about this issue in Japan. Are they not realising anything until it's too late? It feels that most of the other series will get the majority of their characters before anyone notices something is amiss.

But let's be real though, I doubt Taranza would get picked even if this "no Kirby newcomers from beyond the second Kirby game" fan rule does somehow get broken, since he's rock-bottom as far as Kirby character priority goes.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
I like Magolor, Darouch, Ado & Ribbon, Taranza, and Dark meta knight.but not marx.

Hey what do you think is the most amount of reps a series should be able to have? Seeing the amount mario, Fe, zelda, and pokemon have.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
So, if Kirby 64 ever got a remake, would you guys prefer the Waddle Dee in the game to be replaced with Bandana Dee? They could also change the fight too, so that it's no longer a Waddle Doo, but instead, Bandana Dee trying to ram you with his spear, but missing and getting it stuck in the fence arena you're fighting in each time.

I mean, I have nothing against 64 Waddle Dee, but he's clearly a precursor to Bandana Dee.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, if Kirby 64 ever got a remake, would you guys prefer the Waddle Dee in the game to be replaced with Bandana Dee? They could also change the fight too, so that it's no longer a Waddle Doo, but instead, Bandana Dee trying to ram you with his spear, but missing and getting it stuck in the fence arena you're fighting in each time.

I mean, I have nothing against 64 Waddle Dee, but he's clearly a precursor to Bandana Dee.
Well... it's been my headcanon that they were the same, anyways, so I wouldn't mind.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But what if a sires keeps on getting reps while there other sires being almost neglected?
well i see it as a matter of opinion, mario, zelda and pokemon getting new a lot of characters makes sense seeing as they are nintendos biggest franchises but fire emblem its not entirely undeserving of so many characters but there are bigger and more popular characters with less characters like kirby

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I was looking around and I realized something: you know how most of us see Plant as the "Hat Goomba" argument killer? I heard some people mention that now that we have a generic enemy, that we don't need and/or shouldn't have another one. That and people are just still calling him Hat Goomba. So not only is the Goomba Argument still alive, but maybe even stronger for the Deetractors than before.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I was looking around and I realized something: you know how most of us see Plant as the "Hat Goomba" argument killer? I heard some people mention that now that we have a generic enemy, that we don't need and/or shouldn't have another one. That and people are just still calling him Hat Goomba. So not only is the Goomba Argument still alive, but maybe even stronger for the Deetractors than before.
At this point, they're just looking for any excuses they can get their paws on to justify their pre-existing hatred of Bandanna Dee.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
At this point, they're just looking for any excuses they can get their paws on to justify their pre-existing hatred of Bandanna Dee.
Yeah. I wouldn't be as worried about it if the ratio of major Deetractors to Bandana Brigade members wasn't so high.

Deetractors:

Gamexplain (How we got into this mess)
Etika
Protomac
Shokio
Masahiro Sakurai (As long as he's a Detractor, we don't stand a chance)
Arlo (I remember hearing about him being a Deetractor. correct me if I'm wrong)
Rogersbase (Edit: Got a Little Ahead of myself. Not enough conclusive information)
RelaxAlax

Bandana Brigade Members:

PKSparkxx
Raio
AKfamilyhome
Billybo10K
Kumazaki

Edit:
Failboat
Antdude
Alpharad?
Vinesauce Joel

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah. I wouldn't be as worried about it if the ratio of major Deetractors to Bandana Brigade members wasn't so high.

Deetractors:

Etika
Protomac
Shokio
Rogersbase
RelaxAlax

Bandana Brigade Members:

PKSparkxx
Raio
AKfamilyhome
Billybo10K
Kumazaki
I think there was one other but I don't remember.

Failboat, Antdude and Alpharad are brigadeers too.
And although he isn't really a Smashtuber, Vinesauce Joel would be pretty pleased with Bandana Dee as well.

Last edited:

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
While I've never been in an argument with a Deetractor, I have seen some Brigadeers dealing with them, and it usually goes something like this:

1) Bandee supporter talks about how cool his addition would be

2) Random guy shows up and insults the supporter, calling Bandee a "hat goomba" and talking about how cool characters like Marx would be

3) The supporter then attempts to defend Bandee by listing many passionate and completely factual points to justify his inclusion

4) The Deetractor then complains about the supporter "overreacting" and, once again, calls Bandee a "hat goomba" with nothing to back up their claim

5) They then repeat steps 3 and 4 over and over again until the supporter gets tired of this and leaves

Sometimes I just can't stand the Smash fanbase...

one of those days.png

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet

Deetractors:

Etika
Protomac
Shokio
Rogersbase
RelaxAlax

Bandana Brigade Members:

PKSparkxx
Raio
AKfamilyhome
Billybo10K
Kumazaki

I wouldn't say Arlo is one, but I hear he did say that he hates Kirby for how many games he gets.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, if it came to choosing a boss from Subcon, Wart's not really the one I'd go with. I'd go with someone far more popular...
View attachment 189315
Though I admit, it'd be very easy to make Birdo a Yoshi echo or semi-clone.
I'm a Birdo fan myself, for the record. Besides, as one of the prospective next Mario newcomers in the future, that's very possible.
Shy Guy is another Doki Doki Panic/Subcon candidate to be that rep that would bring a very unique moveset. Shy Guy's moveset could entirely be based off of all the different attacks from the Shy Guys in Shy Guys Toy Box from Paper Mario. His color palettes and his alts can be all those different Shy Guys as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shy Guy is another Doki Doki Panic/Subcon candidate to be that rep that would bring a very unique moveset. Shy Guy's moveset could entirely be based off of all the different attacks from the Shy Guys in Shy Guys Toy Box from Paper Mario. His color palettes and his alts can be all those different Shy Guys as well.
not just them theres tones more shy guys to work with

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
The fact that people are putting PP and BWD in the same sentence surprises me more. PP was chosen because Sakurai wanted a character that wasn't a protagonist/prominent character and a character that's really iconic. PP fits both of those categories (PP isn't a protagonist/prominent character but is really iconic), while BWD doesn't (BWD is a protagonist/prominent character but isn't even as iconic as his own species). PP never "stole" BWD's spot because BWD never fit the bill Sakurai was going for to begin with. If it wasn't PP, it would've a literal Goomba. If not Goomba, it would've been Magikarp. If not Magikarp, it would've been a regular Waddle Dee. And so on.

Deetractors:

Etika
Protomac
Shokio
Rogersbase
RelaxAlax

Bandana Brigade Members:

PKSparkxx
Raio
AKfamilyhome
Billybo10K
Kumazaki

>Deetractors
>Etika
>RogersBase
Since when?

Last edited:

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
The fact that people are putting PP and BWD in the same sentence surprises me more. PP was chosen because Sakurai wanted a character that wasn't a protagonist/prominent character and a character that's really iconic. PP fits both of those categories (PP isn't a protagonist/prominent character but is really iconic), while BWD doesn't (BWD is a protagonist/prominent character but isn't even as iconic as his own species). PP never "stole" BWD's spot because BWD never fit the bill Sakurai was going for to begin with. If it wasn't PP, it would've a literal Goomba. If not Goomba, it would've been Magikarp. If not Magikarp, it would've been a regular Waddle Dee. And so on.

>Deetractors
>Etika
>RogersBase
Since when?
Etika(During a stream just look it up on youtube)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't say Arlo is one, but I hear he did say that he hates Kirby for how many games he gets.
He never said he hated Kirby. He was just seriously underwhelmed by Star Allies.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
He never said he hated Kirby. He was just seriously underwhelmed by Star Allies.
I don't think he hates Kirby either, just not a fan due to Star Allies. But he does sometimes groan the first thing a Kirby game gets announced. I watch his reaction videos, whenever a direct or E3 happens, and when there's something Kirby related he just says things like 'oh wow, another Kirby game. There are 1000 Kirby games coming later this year! I wish I had this much love from my favourite series'. This happened before he played Star Allies.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think he hates Kirby either, just not a fan due to Star Allies. But he does sometimes groan the first thing a Kirby game gets announced. I watch his reaction videos, whenever a direct or E3 happens, and when there's something Kirby related he just says things like 'there are 1000 Kirby games coming later this year! I wish I had this much love from my favourite series'. This happened before he played Star Allies.
That doesn't really sound like he's complaining though, just commenting on something.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't really sound like he's complaining though, just commenting on something.
His tone says otherwise. Though he does comment positive things on how the game looks after, it's just his initial reaction. Again, he doesn't hate Kirby it's just the amount of games that he doesn't like.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

>Deetractors
>Etika
>RogersBase
Since when?
Someone else explained Etika, so I'll explain RogersBase:

Mainly based on the tweet below, since it's a deliberate taunt at us BWD fans.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just some looking around tho, and found a "tier list" for character fanbases, and he put us at B-tier, so I'm not as sure.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Just some looking around tho, and found a "tier list" for character fanbases, and he put us at B-tier, so I'm not as sure.
That criminal! How could he want Yarn Poochy before we even got Poochy!?!?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
While I've never been in an argument with a Deetractor, I have seen some Brigadeers dealing with them, and it usually goes something like this:

1) Bandee supporter talks about how cool his addition would be

2) Random guy shows up and insults the supporter, calling Bandee a "hat goomba" and talking about how cool characters like Marx would be

3) The supporter then attempts to defend Bandee by listing many passionate and completely factual points to justify his inclusion

4) The Deetractor then complains about the supporter "overreacting" and, once again, calls Bandee a "hat goomba" with nothing to back up their claim

5) They then repeat steps 3 and 4 over and over again until the supporter gets tired of this and leaves

Sometimes I just can't stand the Smash fanbase...

View attachment 189511
Not to mention that it's also unintentionally insulting Goombario and Goombella from the Paper Mario games alongside our beloved Bandana Dee since they're Goombas who literally wear hats but have just as much character as Bandana Dee.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman

He shouldn't be called a Deetractor because he never outright said he wouldn't like it if BWD were in. It's like saying anybody who wants any character over BWD is a Deetractor, which is clearly bull****.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
He shouldn't be called a Deetractor because he never outright said he wouldn't like it if BWD were in. It's like saying anybody who wants any character over BWD is a Deetractor, which is clearly bull****.
Fair enough. Must have gotten ahead of myself.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about the power struggle in the smash fanbase with x character does or doesn't deserve to be in smash.
and listing them A+, A, B, b, C, c and f on character rep sounds a little dumb to me.

Top Bottom