• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
well if it were up to me id have dark matter be the main villain and have meta knight and kirby training a new generation of star warriors one of whom would be bandana waddle dee
Wait, I thought Star Warriors was the species name for Kirby's... species... eh, the series never really went over this that in depth.

Bandana Dee would probably be a rookie in Dedede's army, and he'd be scolded often for screwing stuff up by Waddle Doo. He'd probably get slowly unsure about his position, becoming more suspicious about Dedede, and ends up playing a key role in an episode. With him saving Kirby from certain doom and allowing Kirby to use his spear. (I know it kinda contradicts his role in Superstar Ultra, but I personally see Dee as a closer ally to Kirby than 3D. Starting of as 3D's ally and then becoming Kirby's makes some amount of sense in my book.)
After that he'd probably stick around close to Kirby, but he probably wouldn't be considered part of Dedede's army anymore. He'd probably be a bit close to Meta Knight and see him as a new role model, and probably practicing spear moves on his own to become more confident.

I'd also probably put Dark Matter as the main villain. Magolor would probably be a local merchant of "foreign goods", and Taranza and Sectonia would probably have their own episode. Haltmann and Susie would probably be local scientists. Also a seperate movie dedicated to the Dimension Mirror and Dark Mind.
I could see Bandana Dee fighting tooth and nail to protect Dedede... unless it comes to a matter of Dedede vs. Kirby, in which he'd refuse to take any part in the conflict, as he cares about both of them, though he'd use some excuse like "Kirby isn't a threat to the Kingdom" or something as to why he won't fight him. Starting off as a rookie is an interesting idea, and I could see him train under Waddle Doo's tutelage before he surpasses his skills (as expected).

As for Sakurai bias... I personally don't know where to stand on that. I mean, I like to believe it isn't a thing, but then we also have 3 Classic Assist trophies, Kawasaki, Nightmare, and Knuckle Joe. Leaving Bandana Dee off the assist roster (as I'd prefer to believe he's playable), would it be too much to give someone say... Magolor an assist trophy spot?

As for this... Bandana Dee being the evolved Waddle Dee spirit, I can't find any other reference to this on the internet. ErenJager ErenJager , it would be appreciated if you had some sort of evidence to back your claim. Otherwise, since no one can find anything supporting your info, I'm afraid we'll have to take your claim as erroneous.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Hello, all!
I would like to pledge my support for our Bandana Buddy, as he's my #1 most wanted newcomer for Super Smash Bros.
I believe that he possesses a lot of potential, along with the fact that he rose up to be the 4th main character of the series. Not to mention that he would finally complete the Dream Land squad that was set in stone once the Modern Age of Kirby began.
I hope he gets in as DeeLC!

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I was playing the smash ultimate demo and I evolved the waddle dee spirit into bandana dee. With it equipped tipper attacks did more damage.
Prove it, man. Not everyone has access to the demo.
And besides, spirits don't disconfirm fighter, that has been proven. And again, considering how you blatantly attack Dee fans for wanting him in the game, no one here believes you.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I was playing the smash ultimate demo and I evolved the waddle dee spirit into bandana dee. With it equipped tipper attacks did more damage.
Got any proof?
Seeing as the user has bashed people for supporting Bandanna Waddle Dee and compared him to a Goomba with a hat, I somehow doubt it.
Considering your history regarding this character I am going to assume you are trolling and if so can you just get lost and do something actually worth your time, cheers.
Yeh, go play the demo/ game instead of just posting online about it.
Waddle Dee is a novice spirit.
Why should we believe you lol
??? What.

Why is this being so poorly received?

This didnt even seem like an insulting thing.
It was even shown in the direct that spirits evolve and grow.

Friggin weirdos.
my dad works for Nintendo and told me that if you hold x while selecting Kirby it unlocks Keeby whose up b is final cutter but with a golf club
Dont believe me.
Go play the game instead of only posting online about it.
Kinda difficult when the game isn't out yet and there aren't any demos near my area, pal.
I would if there was anything in my country.
Could you post pictures or something? You probably understand that people might be reluctant to trust an anonymous person on the internet with zero evidence.
Yeh, screw you.
Prove it, man. Not everyone has access to the demo.
And besides, spirits don't disconfirm fighter, that has been proven. And again, considering how you blatantly attack Dee fans for wanting him in the game, no one here believes you.
Oh, goody, I get to use this again.

Everybody, this is ErenJager's official stance on Bandanna Dee:

Wait, did I call it his stance? I meant his mental health. As in, he has none.

E4EA767E-2A51-4672-BC90-826313B69492.jpeg

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Wait, did I call it his stance? I meant his mental health. As in, he has none.
Thank you so much I needed this. My day has been restored (Just lost 4 games in a row bc of Fg lag)But honestly, ErenJager ErenJager , If what you're saying is true, at least post some evidence. Right now you sound like the average "My dad works at ____" kid.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
At the moment I'm just waiting for DLC wave 3. There has to be a new secret boss and new lore behind it. If I would be so bold and say a Zεro? Eh? EH?!

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Imagine coming to a character support thread just to bother the supporters. As much as I'd hate to admit it, I am NOT surprised stuff like this still happens even with Piranha Plant's inclusion basically debunking the ideology of "a generic character isn't unique therefore they can't be in smash", people still treat BWD as if he's a regular waddle dee. By the way that Piranha Plant's actually a Ptooie lmao

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I think with Kirby's DLC success, Nintendo would likely choose Bandana Dee for Smash I hope. I really love this guy, and I want the four main characters of Kirby to join together.

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
Is spirits even playable in the demo? I thought it normal Smash was the only mode in it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waddle Dee still has hope.

Things may seem bleak but don't give up on him.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Out of 500 he's not there and even if he was I still have big hopes for our little man.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
If we get do get some sort of new Kirby anime sometime in the future, I'm personally hoping for it to be much more faithful to the game series canon, kinda like Pokémon Origins.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Being two of Nintendo's flagship franchises, both Donkey Kong and Kirby deserve to have the same number of reps as the Metroid series. I really hope Dixie and Bandana Dee make it into Smash as DLC!

In fact, I would love it if they were revealed together in the same trailer.

Last edited:

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
So how long do you guys think the Wave 3 dlc will be? It looks like it'll be tough, which is cool, but I really want to finish it before Ultimate comes out.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So how long do you guys think the Wave 3 dlc will be? It looks like it'll be tough, which is cool, but I really want to finish it before Ultimate comes out.
We don't have many details on the new gamemode, for all we know it could take dozens of hours or we could beat it i 2-3.

D

Deleted member

Saw the trailer for Wave 3 DLC looks really cool.

Love the additions they have.

Pretty awesome.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd hate to admit it, I am NOT surprised stuff like this still happens even with Piranha Plant's inclusion basically debunking the ideology of "a generic character isn't unique therefore they can't be in smash", people still treat BWD as if he's a regular waddle dee.
The generic enemy/hat goomba argument should be invalid; the people who created the argument even said it themselves. Of course, I've seen people (aka ErenJager) use the argument "we have Plant goomba therefore anything that looks remotely generic cannot/should not get in", which makes me think it's blind hatred. This raises more questions than it answers:
- Why did they hate BWD in the first place?
- How can they hate a character this pure and cute?
- Why can't they see the logical arguments?
- Why do they attack such a peaceful fanbase?
And other questions science still can't answer.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
The generic enemy/hat goomba argument should be invalid; the people who created the argument even said it themselves. Of course, I've seen people (aka ErenJager) use the argument "we have Plant goomba therefore anything that looks remotely generic cannot/should not get in", which makes me think it's blind hatred. This raises more questions than it answers:
- Why did they hate BWD in the first place?
- How can they hate a character this pure and cute?
- Why can't they see the logical arguments?
- Why do they attack such a peaceful fanbase?
And other questions science still can't answer.
1. It 'steals a slot' from their most wanted character.
2. They don't care about the character at all they are too blinded by their own wants to respect others.
3. They are ignorant and sometimes on purpose.
4. They have nothing better to do in their lives.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I love how he never once posted proof.

Guys I’m pretty certain he’s trolling, and looking at his post history this is the only time he even brought up even playing the demo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, I want BWD confirmed so that Eren can clear off.

It's bad enough to wait forever and a day for a character to get in Smash, without some haters and nutjobs saying to their supporters "their chances are impossible, neener neener!".

Saw the trailer for Wave 3 DLC looks really cool.

Love the additions they have.

Pretty awesome.
I hope it won't take too long before Wave 4, seeing as it seems to be the final one.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Heck, one thing I don't understand is why people make the "stealing slots" argument. There are not stolen spots i the roster. It doesn't work light that. Sakurai brings forward the project proposal with proposed newcomers, not with "Ok so we're going to have X many newcomer slots, let's choose who they're going to be." Dee won't steal a slot from anyone if he's added.

YOU KNOW WHAT? I MIGHT MAKE A THREAD ON THIS.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Heck, one thing I don't understand is why people make the "stealing slots" argument. There are not stolen spots i the roster. It doesn't work light that. Sakurai brings forward the project proposal with proposed newcomers, not with "Ok so we're going to have X many newcomer slots, let's choose who they're going to be." Dee won't steal a slot from anyone if he's added.
Exactly. It's all a matter of "do we have enough time and resources to put X character in? If not, let's move on to the next one." or "which characters should we prioritize to advertise X?".

With slot stealing logic, you'd have people claim that Ruby Heart, Son Son and Amingo were robbed from appearing in MvC3, for instance.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
A character would, tho, because 1: Let's say Bandana Dee does get in, that's 1 slot down and 4 to go. Anyone who doesn't like Bandana Dee will see that as a waste of a slot that could have gone to someone else. Maybe the argument wouldn't have been true before now, but knowing that there are only 5 slots left (with 3 of them leaked by Hitagi, so only 2 are really left). So there are only so few slots to get at the very least a good choice for a newcomer, and we ended up with poor ones (See :ultken::ultincineroar:).

2: And even then, the people at Nintendo and Smash aren't going to say "OK. Let's pick new reps. OK, so Kirby gets 2, DK gets 3, Pokemon gets 1". It doesnt work like that. Unless there're echoes, the most they're gonna pick is 1 rep, unless there are promotional reasons like Corrin (that, sorry to say, Bandana Dee wouldn't fill). If they pick Marx or Bandana Dee for DLC, they're not going to take the other one until the next Smash game at bare minumum, because there already was a new Kirby character added. Example: :ultincineroar: and Decidueye. Incineroar was added as the Gen 7 rep, despite the Demand for Deceidueye. Why would they go and add another Pokemon rep? They wouldn't. Because they already have their pokemon rep, and won't add another one unless there's something promotional going on for Gen 8, which would automatically screw any existing pokemon out of the slot. Let me use another likely situation:
Steve and Shantae. Steve's (99.9%) in the game. He is the game's Indie rep (As much as I hate to say it, yes he counts as an indie rep), so Smash wouldn't need another Indie rep until at least the next game, and probably longer, so Shantae is screwed out of Smash, despite her high fan demand and history with Nintendo, which is why she was Deconfirmed as a Spirit. Even then, she could have her slot stolen a 2nd time over by the likes of Travis, Shovel Knight, Quote, Commander Video, and *shudders* Sans. Who's to say the same can't happen to Bandana Dee with Marx and possibly Magolor, Adeline, Daroach, Gooey, the Animal Trio and more?

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Who's to say the same can't happen to Bandana Dee with Marx and possibly Magolor, Adeline, Daroach, Gooey, the Animal Trio and more?[/SPOILER]
Because there's no justifiable reason to add these characters over Bandana Waddle Dee, and the fact that Kirby's extended cast is straight up C-List at best. You can't seriously expect Daroach or Gooey to make hyper serious cash considering a huge majority of Smash fans won't even know who they are, whereas Waddle Dees are extremely iconic to the overall Nintendo playing community.

Also I deplore the idea that Ken and Incineroar are ""wasted slots"" just because Ow the Edge or Green Owl Greninja didn't get added

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Because there's no justifiable reason to add these characters over Bandana Waddle Dee, and the fact that Kirby's extended cast is straight up C-List at best.
C-list a best won't matter since we already have so many less relevant characters in Smash. The term "Nintendo all star" no longer applies to what feels like half the cast.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
C-list a best won't matter since we already have so many less relevant characters in Smash.
Who would that be? The Smash roster is entirely comprised of iconic game mascots or the direct support characters of those games. We've never actually gotten a tertiary character in Smash before. Hell, Sheik is infamous for being the least "important" character addition since she's only in one proper Zelda game, but she got in via a loophole with Zelda.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Who would that be? The Smash roster is entirely comprised of iconic game mascots or the direct support characters of those games. We've never actually gotten a tertiary character in Smash before. Hell, Sheik is infamous for being the least "important" character addition since she's only in one proper Zelda game, but she got in via a loophole with Zelda.
Well, can you honestly say these folks are relevant? :ulticeclimbers::ultrob:

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
Heck, one thing I don't understand is why people make the "stealing slots" argument.
It's not stealing slots, it's stealing time. Yes, the roster itself isn't directly limited to a certain number, but the development time of the game is, and with it the characters that can be added in that timespan. One could argue that they could've spent the time developing Character X on Character Y instead.
Well, can you honestly say these folks are relevant? :ulticeclimbers::ultrob:
Ice Climbers not, but R.O.B. is an important part of Nintendo's and the entire gaming industry's history by selling the NES as a toy when nobody wanted to buy video games anymore.

Pakky

Smash Hero
When did I say the word relevant? Also, these are two characters that have actual games to their name. They're mascots.
If we're talking if being mascot matters:

:ultrob: Is not in a game nor is he a mascot he is a peripheral like part of :ultduckhunt: or the Wii balance board.

:ultpiranha: Is race of enemy amalgamized into a character

:ultjigglypuff: Has or has had no significance in Pokemon whatsoever since Smash started.

Not much matters anymore

Last edited:
Top Bottom