• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
:ultrob: Is not in a game nor is he a mascot
R.O.B is the mascot of the Robot Series on the NES. He's it's main piece of iconography. You're splitting hairs with stuff like "He's not in the game" which is a mere technicality because the toy is still an involved part of the gameplay and experience.
:ultpiranha: Is race of enemy amalgamized into a character
And a VERY famous piece of Mario Iconography, being in every single Super Mario Bros. game.

:ultjigglypuff: Has or has had no significance in Pokemon whatsoever since Smash started.
One of the longest running anime characters. Jigglypuff in the anime lasted longer as a character then almost every single friend Ash has ever made, including every one of his Pokemon except Pikachu. She's been a character since season 1 and STILL APPEARS. It's also very well known that Pokemon are added in Smash more based on the current anime season rather then the actual games.

These are also POKEMON and MARIO characters, two of the biggest franchises of all time

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At this point, I want BWD confirmed so that Eren can clear off.

It's bad enough to wait forever and a day for a character to get in Smash, without some haters and nutjobs saying to their supporters "their chances are impossible, neener neener!".
You now know what the Ridley fanbase felt like for the past decade-plus.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
How would you guys feel if Vergeben spoiled Bandana Dee's inclusion months in advance?
I would never ask Sakurai for anything EVER again.
The mere words, "Bandana Waddle Dee is confirmed for Smash", would make me cry tears of joy.
Whatever the haters and naysayers say won't even matter anymore, and in a heavenly chorus, the Bandee supporters would rejoice.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I absolutely refuse to accept Bandana Dee isn't one of the five DLC fighters. He is one of them. Maybe I'm in denial or something, but the alternative is getting incredibly depressed. He's gonna be DLC. If Verge is right and the square rep is first, BWD is second. I know he is.

someone hold me

D

Deleted member

Hmph wouldn't surprise me. I'm not even down about it I'll ether get the fighters pass and get all characters or just get the ones I want, if Bandana Dee is not in the lineup wouldn't surprise me. I'm going to be happy about the lineup regardless.

So we'll see. got to keep expectations in check Senjogahara_Hitagi might be onto something.

So keep an eye out.

But still have faith in Bandana Dee.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739
So... did anyone see this? My good feelings took a hit with this...
I'm not entirely sure if I believe what he's saying.
I mean, if Nintendo actually chose to include such characters, I would sort of question their reasoning behind all of it, especially if they actually want people to buy the DLC (if they haven't already). I still hope that the DLC goes down a route of more fanservice than weird marketing.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Where did the slots argument even come from?? Like, who was the first person to make that argument, because it pretty much gave people a really hollow argument towards a character / their favorite character not getting in smash. People are treating Smash like it's M.U.G.E.N or something, where slots actually matter (and even in that game you can add as many slots as you want).

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739
So... did anyone see this? My good feelings took a hit with this...
I don't think it's necessary to follow up what he says. Those bold points like the 'Who he hasn't heard about' are just fans asking him if their most wanted newcomers are part of DLC. He might dislike those kinds of questions because it's repetitive and doesn't benefit him if he answered them carelessly or without effort, since he's a leaker and all. So his normal response to these annoying questions would be a no.
Here's one of his posts after receiving tons of those questions:
hitagi.png

Someone on the general discussion thread even linked Hitagi's response to a fan asking him "iS BaNdaNa DeE iN sMaSH Or iN tHe dLc???" and his only response to that was like a "no". Link: https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjoug...=message&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage
I think that's why BD is part of that 'Who he hasn't heard about' list because maybe he doesn't know, doesn't care, or doesn't match with his 'sources' (even though I don't trust him).
Also, that last sentence from this image doesn't mean anything, as I still think he's bragging about his 'sources' and just wants his fans to stop asking him the annoying questions. So I think we shouldn't worry.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Where did the slots argument even come from?? Like, who was the first person to make that argument, because it pretty much gave people a really hollow argument towards a character / their favorite character not getting in smash. People are treating Smash like it's M.U.G.E.N or something, where slots actually matter (and even in that game you can add as many slots as you want).
It's basically a shorthand for saying "with the time and resources that it took, they could have made a character that people (or, usually, the individual poster) actually wanted instead of this one". While it never made sense for Dark Pit, for example, it seems more understandable for someone like Corrin or Piranha Plant, where they have access to all of the characters of Nintendo and roughly half a dozen (at the very least) third party companies and they choose to add a blatant promotional character for a game that isn't out yet, or a random minion with no distinct features or appearances.

There were other reasons why the characters were chosen (with Corrin, the team thought that they could get an interesting moveset out of him, and Piranha Plant seems like a character that they'd have fun with making), so it depends on how you look at character choices.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I don't think it's necessary to follow up what he says. Those bold points like the 'Who he hasn't heard about' are just fans asking him if their most wanted newcomers are part of DLC. He might dislike those kinds of questions because it's repetitive and doesn't benefit him if he answered them carelessly or without effort, since he's a leaker and all. So his normal response to these annoying questions would be a no.
Here's one of his posts after receiving tons of those questions:
View attachment 177109
Someone on the general discussion thread even linked his response to a fan asking him "iS BaNdaNa DeE iN sMaSH Or iN tHe dLc???" and his only response to that was "no". I think that's why BD is part of that 'Who he hasn't heard about' list because maybe he doesn't know, doesn't care, or doesn't match with his 'sources' (even though I don't trust him).
Also, that last sentence from this image doesn't mean anything, as I still think he's bragging about his 'sources' and just wants his fans to stop asking him the annoying questions. So I think we shouldn't worry.
I disagree with that argument. The way he says "No one has ever asked a correct character yet" implies that he/she knows who the last characters are, and is waiting for us to guess who they are. Because of that, I think Bandana Dee is out of the running. Hopefully we'll stand a chance for the next Smash game if there even is one.

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with that argument. The way he says "No one has ever asked a correct character yet" implies that he/she knows who the last characters are, and is waiting for us to guess who they are. Because of that, I think Bandana Dee is out of the running. Hopefully we'll stand a chance for the next Smash game if there even is one.
That's fine if you want to believe him, but as for Bandana Dee 'out of the running' I'll believe it when I see it. The questions his fans are asking him are if he HEARD any of them appear in smash, and since he said no that doesn't mean they're Disconfirmed. Remember how none of the leakers HEARD about King K. Rool?
Plus I heard Hitagi hasn't really gotten anything right regarding Smash, his info doesn't match with what Verg has heard other than the Minecraft representation and maybe Katalina. I don't think it's a good idea to quit just yet imo.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hitagi said that he hadn't heard of any first-party characters, when we can assume that there should at least be one or two. I'm not sure he knows much more than he's already said at this point, although his "nobody's guessed" makes it sounds like he knows more. But really, NO first-party DLC? Seems unlikely. Bandana Dee's popularity, and marketability as perceived by Nintendo, should help him here.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Honestly? I think we're simply out of luck on Bandana Dee hints or info until launch.
Our main priority is finding out if that Waddle Dee spirit evolves into Bandana Dee, or if Bandana Dee exists at all as a Spirit.

11th

Smash Apprentice
PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON :
Meanwhile, I'm just fluctuating between "everything is okay" and "he's not going to be in the game at all, oh god". Today has been the latter.
I wish the bandage had just been ripped off during the Direct if he wasn't going to make it. I don't want to do this for another 1 to 14 months.

Also, reminder to please spoiler any big DLC rumors. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Not giving up, yet Bandana Dee has a chance. But let's be prepared for anything.

Regardless Still have faith in his chances.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I read that and immediately thought "What the **** is a Granblue Fantasy!?"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granblue_Fantasy
It's a mobile game.

With a PC port.

Never been on a console.

Has not history with Nintendo.

I would be truly baffled if they added a character from a mobile game, and the fact that a rep is being discussed after DLC characters were finalized seems like a bit of a red flag.

D

Deleted member

Character from a mobile game, strategy RPG very Fire Emblem esque.

Made by Cygames.

Wouldn't surprise me if she was added.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's basically a shorthand for saying "with the time and resources that it took, they could have made a character that people (or, usually, the individual poster) actually wanted instead of this one". While it never made sense for Dark Pit, for example, it seems more understandable for someone like Corrin or Piranha Plant, where they have access to all of the characters of Nintendo and roughly half a dozen (at the very least) third party companies and they choose to add a blatant promotional character for a game that isn't out yet, or a random minion with no distinct features or appearances.

There were other reasons why the characters were chosen (with Corrin, the team thought that they could get an interesting moveset out of him, and Piranha Plant seems like a character that they'd have fun with making), so it depends on how you look at character choices.
I guess the community just has to learn that sometimes Sakurai and team will put in whomever they want and that it doesn't matter how much one specific group wants a character in because in the end and through Sakurai's recent tweets, it all depends on if Sakurai sees a character having a good moveset. If we still don't get BWD through the dlc....then MAYBE we'll get one of the various helpers/friends/enemies from Kirby as a fighter??? Waddle Doo would be pretty nice. (Somehow what I just typed sounded like I was targeting character support groups and if it does sound like that, I definitely didn't mean to).

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Character from a mobile game, strategy RPG very Fire Emblem esque.

Made by Cygames.

Wouldn't surprise me if she was added.
Well if she was added she would officially take over :ultpiranha: for worst DLC character IMO. If Nintendo chose her (a character with no relation to Nintendo yet and an obscure one at that) then I'm glad I didn't buy the Fighter Pass especially if the no 1st party characters thing is true (the only characters I give a damn about).

D

Deleted member

I mean at least Piranha Plant has appeared in most of the Super Mario Bros. games, and even recently appeared Super Mario Odyssey. So at least it's got something.

Katalina is yes a big question mark?

But if Sakurai and team add her it's their choice.

Honestly I'll keep up but let's be prepared for anything.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
There's no way the Fighter Pass would have a random Japan-only mobile game character or no first-party content. That'd be the absolute worst move Nintendo could make with this game. This is the first I'm hearing about this Hitagi guy and I know he's full of bunk.

Seriously, we need to ban leakers from ever leaking stuff again. Even if they're right sometimes, all they do is spoil surprises, kill hype, and turn us all against each other. Leaks have destroyed this fanbase beyond repair and they need to stop.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I mean at least Piranha Plant has appeared in most of the Super Mario Bros. games, and even recently appeared Super Mario Odyssey. So at least it's got something.

Katalina is yes a big question mark?

But if Sakurai and team add her it's their choice.

Honestly I'll keep up but let's be prepared for anything.
Yeah, although it'll be a bit disappointing if fan favorites among Nintendo's best are shafted in favor of obscure promotion purposes. Minus characters like Banjo, because people actually want characters like those.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well if she was added she would officially take over :ultpiranha: for worst DLC character IMO. If Nintendo chose her (a character with no relation to Nintendo yet and an obscure one at that) then I'm glad I didn't buy the Fighter Pass especially if the no 1st party characters thing is true (the only characters I give a damn about).
Given the leaks and how Byleth and a Gen 8 Mon are a lock, I'm honestly expecting Piranha Plant to be the BEST of the DLC, unless the Gen 8 Pokemon ends up being a really good pick from the Gen 8 roster.

There's no way the Fighter Pass would have a random Japan-only mobile game character or no first-party content. That'd be the absolute worst move Nintendo could make with this game. This is the first I'm hearing about this Hitagi guy and I know he's full of bunk.

Seriously, we need to ban leakers from ever leaking stuff again. Even if they're right sometimes, all they do is spoil surprises, kill hype, and turn us all against each other. Leaks have destroyed this fanbase beyond repair and they need to stop.
I only agree with that partially. Hitagi's probably real, since they share sources with Vergeben, who's 100% real. And also, how about Nintendo being too smart to show off how many fighters they have left in the base game with Box Theory? They're not above putting someone like her in and/or completely shafting their own content. I don't think the latter's likely, thanks to Byleth and Gen 8, but *leak*'s pretty much a given.

On the other hand, surpise is the best part about the Smash hype cycle. I should not see a trailer and say "Oh. It's Ken and Incineroar. That's dissapointing.". I want to go "OH MY G**!!!!! THAT CHARACTER GOT IN!?!?!?" not once or twice a hype cycle, but every. single. time. I think it's gotten so bad that the only way to stop Vergeben, Hitagi and their friends from leaking stuff is to stop making Smash altogether. Literally all I've been talking about is why my most wanted (Shantae and (obviously) Bandana Dee) are not going to get in because of these stupid leaks and I want it to stop.

Needless to say, my expectations for the DLC can't get any lower... but knowing my luck, they will. And then it will still find a way to be WORSE than what I expected, so Bandana Dee is pretty much completely out of the question for me.

Last edited:

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
I seriously cannot fathom why people leak things. What do they think they are accomplishing by doing so? Are they doing it for the glory? Are they deliberately trying to kill hype? Do they take pride in causing anarchy among Smash fans? Are they doing it to feel special? Do they enjoy making some people happy while crushing the dreams of others? I need some closure.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I seriously cannot fathom why people leak things. What do they think they are accomplishing by doing so? Are they doing it for the glory? Are they deliberately trying to kill hype? Do they take pride in causing anarchy among Smash fans? Are they doing to feel special? Do they enjoy making some people happy, while crushing the dreams of others? I need some closure.
I honestly don't know. All I want is for people like that to just go away. We all need to run the likes of Verge and Hitagi off the internet so they can never cause this much heartache and hatred again.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know. All I want is for people like that to just go away. We all need to run the likes of Verge and Hitagi off the internet so they can never cause this much heartache and hatred again.
I feel like the only way for them to go away is if there are no new Smash fighters to leak. So basically, we're never gonna get hyped about Smash Bros again.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I vented on the official discussion thread about this and instantly regretted it. They're vicious over there.

Also, I just plain overreacted and now I'm embarrassed.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I seriously cannot fathom why people leak things. What do they think they are accomplishing by doing so? Are they doing it for the glory? Are they deliberately trying to kill hype? Do they take pride in causing anarchy among Smash fans? Are they doing it to feel special? Do they enjoy making some people happy while crushing the dreams of others? I need some closure.
I definitely have gotten an appreciation for the Kencineroar leak, if only because it tried to steel us for disappointment. If this Steve+Katarina leak ends up being real as well, then it falls in the same bag.

Then again, when getting a reveal spoiled is better than the reveal itself then it’s probably not a very good reveal.

I’m glad that most characters actually didn’t get spoiled for me (didn’t even know who Vergeben was before E3, most characters in 8.8 didn’t get leaked, and while Simon, Isabelle and Ken did, Isabelle and Ken were obvious and Simon would have been leaked regardless by that Bloody Tears update)

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Nintendo at this point cannot ignore BWD since they Have cemented BWD as a main character and since they are picking DLC. Not to mention the whole hints in his bio "he deserves a prize" and " he was selected accept an award for perfect attendance but was practicing his spear at the time." What could they be hinting at? You cannot hint at something special to the fans an not go through with it. For the most part I honestly just want to see him as a spirit if not a fighter from the DLC.

On a side note do you think BWD will have a cargo throw just like DK? The reason I say this is because in K64 waddle dee and the rest of the gang was going to be playable. His special ability was picking up enemies. But Kirby got that In the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom