• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Redux! GAME OVER!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Agreed, hold on and don't rush cop claim, i'd prefer the reveals happen with either everyone on, or none at all. Safer that way imo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm here

@ Chuckie, about the post of mine that got edited, the version there now is the reverted version. Xiivi reversed the edit.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
okay that's fine.

Also we're here btw, it's Chuckiekat - I haven't spoken to ChuckieVanz today but I agree with the plan and I'm sure he will too... otherwise I'll bully him :chuckle:

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
thedocsalive
ligolski
Overswarm
Nicholas
Kevin
Meta-Kirby
Rockin
Chuckie
eauxlune

That's 9 out of 12 players in favor of a cop claim at this point, so clearly we're going for it.

Anyone shooting a cop instantly is auto-scum. We don't have room for silliness at this point in the game (not that it was good earlier either).

I still think order of results matters, but it's much less important on the whole than making sure results get out given the possibility of a quickshot. For everything I tried to think of, I forgot this is still, after all, Bad Idea Mafia.

So let's get going then. Cops claim, preferably with results. And for the love of any chance we have left in this game, don't shoot until everyone claims!

<--Claiming non-cop

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I want to remind everyone that Adum is currently V/LA due to computer issues, so it may be a long while before he responds.

I suggest we continue discussing some of the topics at hand while we wait for them to claim.

How does everyone feel about my case against OVerswarm?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry I haven't been on the past couple days... SC2 has kind of consumed my non-work time quite a bitXD

Anyway, I'll go ahead and say, not a cop.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, since it seems the Cops are not gonna claim anytime soon, I think I'm gonna shoot someone I find scummy. And that is obviously Overswarm.

Daykill: Overswarm

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
You're not playing by the rules of the playground - PATIENCE and DISCUSSION are completely lacking in this game. [No Smiley]

Outing the cops at this stage was for the purpose of analysing the specifics of their claims and finding scum. Gain cop information, and then proceed to scumhunt thereafter. What's the point otherwise? Shooting on a whim without discussion from the rest of town is exactly what wii didn't need at this stage IOO (which, for anyone who didn't know, stands for In Our Opinion)!

Curiously Rockin, didn't you ask everyone whether Swarm should be shot or not? - no one answered you except for the victim himself, and the fact no one else answered, in addition to the constant declarations of no quickshots, should have been the incentive to wait and cooperate until everyone did answer you! Why did you quickshoot?
_

I think cops should reveal their information before Night otherwise they're at risk of death with no tradeoff in giving town the information it needs.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, you moron.
Seriously, can you say something else? >> I'm tired of the insults coming from you, really.

You're not playing by the rules of the playground - PATIENCE and DISCUSSION are completely lacking in this game. [No Smiley]

Outing the cops at this stage was for the purpose of analysing the specifics of their claims and finding scum. Gain cop information, and then proceed to scumhunt thereafter. What's the point otherwise? Shooting on a whim without discussion from the rest of town is exactly what wii didn't need at this stage IOO (which, for anyone who didn't know, stands for In Our Opinion)!

Curiously Rockin, didn't you ask everyone whether Swarm should be shot or not? - no one answered you except for the victim himself, and the fact no one else answered, in addition to the constant declarations of no quickshots, should have been the incentive to wait and cooperate until everyone did answer you! Why did you quickshoot?
_

I think cops should reveal their information before Night otherwise they're at risk of death with no tradeoff in giving town the information it needs.
No, I didn't ask. I bet I would be ignored anyway. I suggested everyone to please keep discussion going instead of JUST waiting for the cops (Something that we've been trying to do all game). I even offered my case on OS for discussion. Instead, OS YET again lightly shoves off my case and everyone else either didn't respond to it or just came in to claim that they're not a cop.

It's been TWO DAYS IRL with the discussion/wanting cops to claim. Cops didn't show up. No one wanted to talk about discussion. So I decided to shoot the person I want dead instead of idly waiting around till SOMEONE else shot them.

I respect the fact that it may have been a bad time to shoot, but at the same time, nothing else was happening.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Wii weren't under deadline pressure - Wii had time to get cop information and then proceed to discuss and scumhunt from there. "Nothing was happening" is a copout answer because wii did have time.

Also, "I want dead" doesn't lend itself well to explaining your motives from a town perspective, Rockin.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wii weren't under deadline pressure - Wii had time to get cop information and then proceed to discuss and scumhunt from there. "Nothing was happening" is a copout answer because wii did have time.

Also, "I want dead" doesn't lend itself well to explaining your motives from a town perspective, Rockin.
Fair enough answer on the first paragraph.

As for the motives, it was simple: I decided to take action instead of just sitting back. I felt my reasons were strong (though possibly bad timing).

I have a good feeling Overswarm is scum. We'll see what the flip says.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Rockin, what case? You never really gave a case. This idiotic quickshooting has gotten town to where we are now, half the game has been yelling DON'T QUICKSHOOT, and yet you don't even wait for a single answer on your nonexistent case, but shoot him.

eauxlune

Smash Rookie
I've been caught up with life and such, but so we don't lose the data, here goes. I haven't hit scum yet, but I semicleared 3 players: ligolski, nich and rockin. The last clear is useless now, unfortunately, but hopefully OS turns up as scum so we're not dead.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not even discussing who should be shot.... Big no no
Even if he flips scum it still wasn't a good play

KevinM should be the play, that guys gettin scummy

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not even discussing who should be shot.... Big no no
Even if he flips scum it still wasn't a good play

KevinM should be the play, that guys gettin scummy
....err, wait. Did that even made sense? o.o

and Nich, whether you thought it was a case or not, I wanted it to be talked about. No one seemed interested, so I took action.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Because shooting recklessly isn't how we're going to win this game, and no one should be tricked into it otherwise

Is it good if he flips scum? yes
Was it a good play? no

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not that it matters now, but please link us to your so-called "case", Rockin.
You know, with that attitude of yours, I want to tell you to look for it yourself.

Seriously, I look at you like anyone else. A neutral person. I respect you on the same level like everyone else.

However, you look at me differently, and it irritates me everytime when I question you/comment you about something, it always comes out as 'you're dumb. Stop it.' and it shouldn't be like that. And if you're not acting like that, it seems like it.

So quit it already.

anyway, here is the case http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10839198&postcount=590

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Are you talking about this as an in-this-game thing, or over the past few games? I really don't think I've been especially insulting this game. If over the past few games... it's probably because you've been attacking me pretty hard in the last few. Tree stump, SSB, and now an ongoing game I won't mention for fear of Marshy... So I suppose that's probably the cause. I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if you come after me every game, I can't exactly commend you for being smart... Look, I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but I will stand by my statement that your actions could have been better planned.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Rockin, you know that was a bad shot. At least from the perspective of all the other players in the game.

You have a case against Overswarm, you think he's scum, that's fine.

What this shot says though is: "I am so confident OS is scum that I will choose to ignore better town play statistically and follow through on my instinct." You are entitled to that opinion, and in BIM, the whole premise is that one person's instinct can lead to another person's death. But you need to understand that, from the perspective of everyone else, THIS WAS BAD. We were in a tough scenario, and the cop claim would have both improved odds mathematically and focused discussion in a game that has lacked it.

That being said, what's done is done. We can only wait for the flip now. The optimist in me will note that Rockin is indeed a shooter, and not someone getting modkilled. <_<

As noted, if at all possible, cops should announce results during twilight.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
BANG!

Overswarm, Bomb, has been gunned down by Rockin!

KABOOM!

Overswarm was re-wired! The ensuing inferno has randomly condemned Mentosman8, Townie; Ligolski, Townie; and Eauxlune, Cop to a fiery grave!

Day 4 ends. It is now Night 4. Send in all night actions!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Day 5 is scheduled to start @ 1 PM EST on August 4th after I post the day opener.

Since I did not give 24 hours notice if the lack of ample notice is problematic for any remaining players they may take it up with me privately and I will push the start time back to 6 PM.

Top Bottom