• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Got onnocent on July.

V/LA this weekend. MAO convention and Spanish convention.

July

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, BSL!

Now July, who are your scum reads?
I'm just going to go through everyone:

BSL: Cop
July: Town
Ranmaru: Town read, catch up post was bothersome but from there has been scum-hunting
Gheb: Town read, may reconsider if Vocal flips scum
Ryker: Don't know what is going on with the bomb claiming thing, but town read based on content
Swords: Townish, although I like his conflict with Kuz; don't think they are of the same alignment, so I'd like to figure out one of them
Seph: Need his catch up post but so far #2 pick behind Vocal based on just early posts from him and so many people saying he was obvtown so long into the game based on pretty much nothing
Summoner: Null, has been inactive in general (not just in this thread), really need catch-up post from him
Clown: I'm going to place Clown as null. I had a pretty town read on him yesterDay but if Vocal is town then Clown needs to be pursued toMorrow
Luxor: Null, was leaning scum yesterDay but better content toDay, not as worried about him
Vocal: My #1 scumpick, lots of reasons throughout the Day all leading back to the theory that he cannot shoot.
Kuz: Could be scum, something needs to be figured out between him and Swords

Hmmm...

So top scum picks:

Vocal
Seph

Opposing players that need to be figured out:

Vocal/Clown
Swords/Kuz

Vocal/Swords could be an option, as could Clown/Kuz. I'm really strong on my read of Vocal, but honestly I've been trying to let town decide shootee because I haven't been as sure of my other reads. Town is pushing in the direction of Seph, Vocal in the direction of Clown. Shooting Seph takes care of an inactive, shooting Clown works out the Vocal v. Clown situation.

However, having Vocal just shoot in general means he's town and in turn Clown is probably scum, so having Vocal shoot one of Swords or Kuz could work out both situations. However, if Vocal makes that decision I believe it has to be his decision because they are both liable to shoot if they know they are the lynch target.

Ultimately, I have to agree with Gheb that in spite of the voting system it has to be Vocal's choice who to shoot to avoid a quickshoot from godfather if he is the lynch target. He knows Seph is the town majority choice, and he has his own read on Clown. Choosing either Swords or Kuz to shoot would give a pretty good idea of the alignments of Clown, Vocal, Kuz and Swords so I'm throwing that out as an option that I really didn't see until I started this thing.

**IF Vocal cannot shoot, I want us to stop and discuss and no one quickshoots him. If he can't shoot toDay, he's not going to magically become town toMorrow so we could use toDay to try and hit another scum. So lets say Vocal cannot shoot, then we leave him for toMorrow, have Seph/Summoner shoot Kuz/Swords and then maybe we hit nonshooting shooter or godfather shootee. Then toMorrow someone still scummy can shoot Vocal**

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed @ July's last paragraph. If he can't shoot and isn't the last remaining mafioso [which is impossible at this point anyway] then he's not a direct threat to us and we can use him as safety shot toMorrow and see what else we can find toDay.

Also, I haven't seen a majority decision on the shot yet. Not that I'm in favor of majority decisions in BIM games it but atm it seems like Seph being the most popular shot is wishful thinking. Too many people still thinking kuz is a good shot toDay. Still some opposition against a Seph shot ... I think Clown is the one player I haven't heard any disagreements about ... at least I don't remember a strong argument. If Vocal can't shoot then I think Seph shooting Clown would be the next best step.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's exactly why majority decisions don't work in BIM. It's always the "but"s and the "if"s that makes shooters second guess themselves. If he thinks Clown is scum let him shoot him. If he thinks Seph is scum let him shoot him and if he thinks Ran is scum let him ****ing shoot him. Stuff like "Yeah, shoot X because most people want so but I wouldn't mind him shooting Y as well" is exactly what throws a shooter off.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Sworddancer with the tunnel.
and very much so may I add

Sword why are you nudging July?

I feel like July was kinda weakish pushing Kuz earlier toDay. I mean just the general "it doesn't seem like town is going that direction toDay so I won't push it" feels kinda like a cop out.

Guess this point doesn't matter too much now that July has for the most part been cleared, but there's the answer to your question.

@Kuz: No longer care about your thoughts on July for obvious reasons.

However, I still want your thoughts on Ran? Please please please stop ignoring this request and give me your thoughts on Ran all ready.

Also Kuz, why do you think I'm scum? I don't believe you provided a single reason as to why I'm scum outside of what happened right at the very beginning of the game.

@Seph: While I am willing to let you off the hook for your Day 1 absence, the more absent you are toDay the more suspicion I become of you. Post your stuff ASAP or else I'll help push you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb, who would you trust the most with shooting? Why?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So what I gather from all of this is...wait until the V/LA show back up, make a couple posts, then pull the trigger? Alright, it's just annoying that it's taking them so long. At this point it feels like we're just discussing in circles. Does anyone know how long it will be until they return?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know, I'd really like their input.

Why do you feel we are discussing in circles?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you think we should be talking about?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That doesn't answer my question. What should we be talking about?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like July was kinda weakish pushing Kuz earlier toDay. I mean just the general "it doesn't seem like town is going that direction toDay so I won't push it" feels kinda like a cop out.
Unless she mentioned kuz as a main suspect earlier I don't see the problem with it though I agree that weak stances aren't what we're looking for in a BIM game.

Gheb, who would you trust the most with shooting? Why?
Myself because I know where my head's at.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
That doesn't answer my question. What should we be talking about?
There is no such thing as "should" in a game like this. I'm just commenting on what I've seen and then commenting on when I think we can make progress aka I don't know what we who are currently here can talk about that would make progress. I'm not the Dali Lama though, someone might have something cooking in their own mind.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So you don't know the answer to my question, then?
There ISN'T an answer to your question. Should is a subjective judgment. If you're asking for my subjective judgment, my subjective judgment is that before we can move forward we need to hear from those who have not posted. That is my subjective judgment of the only thing that can help us right now because I have no other leads that I can pursue at this time and I have not heard of any leads from any other person that they can pursue at this time. If another person has any idea of a way to proceed that builds upon something that has not already been said then I encourage that person by all means to speak up and direct the town's attention in the direction of something worthy of thought and consideration, but as that has not happened I believe that WE MUST WAIT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT POSTED.

Now, can you PLEASE stop asking me this question when I've given you my answer three times already? I tried to make this one as explicit and as detailed as possible so there would be absolutely no question as to what I believe the correct course of action is. If you have any further questioning of this same question, please notify me in advance so that I can type you a 500 word 3 paragraph essay TELLING YOU THE EXACT SAME THING I TOLD YOU HERE:
I think the people who aren't here should be posting. Then we can make progress, unless anyone has any epiphanys to reveal
Jesus Christ you do not listen to what people are saying.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, that is the problem.

I never asked you who should have been posting, or what the best course of action was, or what we should do before moving on.

I asked you "What should we talk about" since discussion was pretty hashed to you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah, I listened alright. He didn't answer a simple question correctly, and he then reacts weirdly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The quote he posted really did answer your last post. Think before posting.
I disagree. I think Discussion /= People who need to post.

I'm open to why you think I'm wrong though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You aren't discussing. You're badgering. Just like that post. It looks like you're all "I'm contributing, you should be too!!!" but you're piggy-backing off other people's discussion. If you don't have something we should discuss, then SHUT THE HELL UP

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, but you forget Vocal doesn't have anything to discuss either, yet you don't say anything about that?

"So what I gather from all of this is...wait until the V/LA show back up, make a couple posts, then pull the trigger? Alright, it's just annoying that it's taking them so long. At this point it feels like we're just discussing in circles. Does anyone know how long it will be until they return?"

I just want you to know, I didn't ask Vocal to see if he can help us with discussion. I was wondering what idea he had, since people have been discussing in circles in his pov.

Basically I wanted his opinion and reaction.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Nah, I listened alright. He didn't answer a simple question correctly, and he then reacts weirdly.
Your question makes no sense. I can't know what the town should talk about since I don't know what everyone thinks, which is why I said if someone has any epiphanys they should share them.

Also, your question assumes that town's best course of action is to talk, which from my standpoint and knowledge (which does not include the standpoint and knowledge of others) it is not as there is nothing to gain, not at this current time anyways. The best course of action is to wait for those who have not posted to begin to post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, but you forget Vocal doesn't have anything to discuss either, yet you don't say anything about that?

"So what I gather from all of this is...wait until the V/LA show back up, make a couple posts, then pull the trigger? Alright, it's just annoying that it's taking them so long. At this point it feels like we're just discussing in circles. Does anyone know how long it will be until they return?"

I just want you to know, I didn't ask Vocal to see if he can help us with discussion. I was wondering what idea he had, since people have been discussing in circles in his pov.

Basically I wanted his opinion and reaction.
Dude? Do you think at all? Vocal is waiting on posts from people we haven't heard from. You want him to magically produce more material to talk about without offering anything more yourself.

Learn when to shut up and wait.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dude? Do you think at all? Vocal is waiting on posts from people we haven't heard from. You want him to magically produce more material to talk about without offering anything more yourself.

Learn when to shut up and wait.
I will wait. Vocal didn't need to post that. He could have waited himself.

Not faking contribution. I have no need for that.

You are only focusing on the wrong thing.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay Kuz, I'll bite. Why aren't you doing as I asked?

@Clownbot: Why do you think Zen was killed last Night?

This might seem like an odd question, but trust me, there's a purpose to it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ran is town, unfortunately. I think. He always plays so scummy hes hard to read but I am comfortable focusing on others right now. July read is irrelevant because of supposed inno.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: Why do you think Zen was killed last Night?
You mean in general or as opposed to like BSL? To the former most people thought he was town (right?) and he was already semi-clear due to his shot. I'm kind of puzzled about why they didn't decide to kill BSL, though. The only situation I can think of is that they figured he'd investigate someone who was both innocent and not a major suspect of town, so they'd get more from NKing a more vocal player. Doesn't really add up to me, but I don't know how much we'd benefit from speculation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why are we asking about nk's? That's wifom, Swords.

Top Bottom