• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I guess that means you are still IN my post. Don't worry, I promise it's not a desert.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Gheb I'm pretty sure Luxor will be on one end of toMorrow's shooting. Thoughts on him?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd prefer Summoner/July over Seph/Vocal but I don't have anything on Seph/Vocal for not being here.

Since Vocal is laying low he can be shot. Seph should be left later as a shooter I guess.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ryker, did you unclaim bomb yet?

Gheb I'm pretty sure Luxor will be on one end of toMorrow's shooting. Thoughts on him?
He's null. I guess he can be a shooter but I think being a bit clearer on Summoner would be better. He's my #1 pick for shooting somebody toMorrow. Luxor definitely not a shootee though.

I'd prefer Summoner/July over Seph/Vocal but I don't have anything on Seph/Vocal for not being here.

Since Vocal is laying low he can be shot. Seph should be left later as a shooter I guess.
Why are you considering July? She's not even a good shooter in my book.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why are you considering July? She's not even a good shooter in my book.

Because I was thinking she was trying to support Zen as a scumbuddy. If she could shoot, then I'd be wrong and scumhunt elsewhere. (Zen seemed like he was bluffing about shooting, and July came in supporting Zen's stance of me shooting)

And zen shot. So if I saw July shoot, I'd feel she was just genuinely agreeing that I should shoot.

Her play is fine. She is null to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, so I wasted an hour of my time reading just to find out I've been daykilled. Anyways I'm town. Zen your arguement about my reasonings being illogical is the same as your reasonings why power roles should claim D1 in a normal mafia game to narrow the lynch pool for scum. It's completely illogical because it takes away town's night game. You really were reaching for my death and you got it but it was still kind of a jerk move to kill me while I was V/LA. I'm still V/La for today but if anyone has questions you better ask them now. I stopped reading the thread since I found out I was daykilled.
Gova, do you feel Zen could be mafia and wanted to rush the day?

Why do you feel Zen shot you?

What reads do you have so far? (who should shoot and be shot, 2-3 please)

if you have a question I'll answer it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Skimmed through the rest. This game is going to be a huge chunk of work I swear.

Why the hell did anybody think Zen shooting is a good idea? How the **** does "clearing" somebody who's been not scummy help town? We let scummy people shoot to minimize odds for them to be actually scum. Since when was that Zen's job?

And Gova shot? Wut? What are the suggested leads in case of a town / scum flip? This looks like a terribly misinformed idea to make. A shooter / shootee combo of Vocal, Seph and Summoner would've been the way to go toDay imo.

Thought he was bluffing. I preferred Kuz over Gova for shootee, but he was null to me so I didn't care.

He said he would follow the voting system and then decided to shoot.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hello all. I haven't been purposefully lurking, but I haven't had time to keep up with the thread. At each sitting I can only read a few pages, which led to me getting behind (and is also the reason why I posted in another game, which has a far lower post rate than this one). This weekend has just been full of a lot of extracurriculars, so I apologize for that.

But first of all - whoa wtf when did it become ok to shoot Gova? I certainly did not support it - how many people were actually in favor of this? Clownbot jumps from focusing on Summoner, Lux, and Kuz to giving Zen free reign to kill Gova and actually commanding it? That's a major problem in my book. I need to try to find time to ISO him because this just does not sit well with me.

Vocal's first couple of posts were super anti-town and are either scum or seriously dumb. His pushes @kuz and Gova are complete BS

Excuse me? How so? Also, I absolutely never had a push at Gova. Kuz has been the only person I've pushed for so far.

Also, I have no problems with shooting anyone tomorrow. Choose a reasonable target and I will comply.

I may have missed other things but I'm quite tired right now; I'll visit the thread again once I awaken.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Uh I don't think you should blame Clownbot for Zen shooting Gova, Vocal.

How did he give Zen free reign to shoot him?

Where were you to stop it?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Uh I don't think you should blame Clownbot for Zen shooting Gova, Vocal.

How did he give Zen free reign to shoot him?

Where were you to stop it?
Don't try to make me scum because I have responsibilities, don't you even ****ing dare.

That really pissed me off right there. Ugh. Anyways

He REQUIRED Zen to shoot Gova.
Shooting Zen if he doesn't daykill Gova in his next post.
I do not like the suddenness of this nor the fact that it is entirely unilateral.

July

Smash Apprentice
@July:

Ah, I see. I just quoted from page 2 and on. Can you state the gist of what you guys said about quickshooting?

Ah ok got ya. Didn't Luxor say he was trigger happy? Why not elect Luxor to shoot someone else, like Summoner/Kuz? (scumhunting right here)

What do you think the gf would think of the voting system?

Meh? You are dissapointed? Disagreements happen.

Hmmm. I want summoner dead. Swords/Vocal/Luxor should shoot. I am scumhunting. Remember, that was a catch-up, not a case of who was scummy. Seph is null. I don't want to risk the game on these guys because that's more than 3.

I will tell you my reads when Gova flips. TomMorow Kuz can be shot. Luxor/Vocal/Swords should do the shooting.
The gist was that quickshooters will be shot, but not quickshot themselves, with the recognition (at least by myself) that if someone actually does quickshoot **** is going to hit the fan regardless of what we decide about quickshooting now.

Luxor is one of the people I could see shooting, although honestly I want Vocal shooting toMorrow. He hasn't posted in here for days, he has been on and hasn't posted here, but has posted in other games at the same time. Really have a bad feeling about him.

Tbh I have no idea what the godfather would think about the voting system.

Meh it was like was like 4 am and I was trying to remember everything you said from when I had begun reading this post. Not disappointed, just disagree with most of it.

Right now, would you rather have Summoner or Kuz as the shootee toMorrow?

Also, yes I removed BSL from my scumpicks.

After all, he is an

UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP...
Oh that game...at least we learned

Agree with Luxor shooting Kuz.
I just think "I hope we don't hit wrong" but I fail to see what Kuz has contributed to the game. I want to see him defend himself tomMorow to see what he says. Even now. I see him posting else where, and I saw Vocal post in another game, so what is up with him as well?
Vocal's first couple of posts were super anti-town and are either scum or seriously dumb. His pushes @kuz and Gova are complete BS

So at least right now, it looks like there is a lot of attention to Luxor and Vocal as shooters, Kuz as shootee, and Summoner and Seph have some suspicions on them as well. I'm suspicious of Luxor but he has at least been posting so I'd prefer Vocal over Luxor toMorrow as shooter. Kuz as shootee works well because whether people feel he is godfather or other scum, making him the shootee is only way to work out both options.

As for Summoner and Seph, Seph hasn't had any input on anything but the voting system, but has been v/la all week...I need to think about him, especially if Gova flips scum. Summoner definitely hasn't posted much but I don't see him posting elsewhere either. So right now I would rather Vocal/Luxor with Summoner after those two as an option.

Seph depends on flip and activity toMorrow after he's back from v/la.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I never made you scum. I think you were "Blaming" Clownbot for Zen's actions.

You were pissed that Zen shot, but I asked "where were you" to stop it. You can't blame the town for this if you couldn't be here yourself.

Anyways, try to contain yourself. I want you to think rationally, not emotionally.

Who did you feel should have shot and been shot?

Also, I think Clownbot meant this:

"Shooting Zen if he doesn't daykill " The part after that didn't seem to matter. But you can speculate on it after Gova flips.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Vocal:

If I call you out on inactivity, that doesn't mean I'm calling you scum. What made you think I was "making you scum"?

Know that the town needs to be active to win. You aren't the only person who was inactive, but I WILL call you out on it.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I never made you scum. I think you were "Blaming" Clownbot for Zen's actions.

You were pissed that Zen shot, but I asked "where were you" to stop it. You can't blame the town for this if you couldn't be here yourself.

Anyways, try to contain yourself. I want you to think rationally, not emotionally.

Who did you feel should have shot and been shot?

"Shooting Zen if he doesn't daykill " The part after that didn't seem to matter. But you can speculate on it after Gova flips.
I don't like the fact that you're defending his actions.

@July: Previous to the shot, yes, Kuz was my top scum pick. As for who it would be now I'll have to think on that one. I'm too tired right now to do any in depth analysis, but just based off of current moment feelings I'm going to be looking into Ran, Zen, and Clownbot. Kuz isn't necessarily off the hook either. But I need to get some rest before trying to do any serious thinking about this.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Vocal:

If I call you out on inactivity, that doesn't mean I'm calling you scum. What made you think I was "making you scum"?

Know that the town needs to be active to win. You aren't the only person who was inactive, but I WILL call you out on it.
I had already stated where I was.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't like the fact that you're defending his actions.
Why? Do you think Clown and Zen could be scumbuddies because of that?

Also I noticed that. But how could you condemn the town for "OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN WHILE I WAS GONE?" when you had to be away.

Don't blame us, blame IRL. Others were v/la too.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok, so I wasted an hour of my time reading just to find out I've been daykilled. Anyways I'm town. Zen your arguement about my reasonings being illogical is the same as your reasonings why power roles should claim D1 in a normal mafia game to narrow the lynch pool for scum. It's completely illogical because it takes away town's night game. You really were reaching for my death and you got it but it was still kind of a jerk move to kill me while I was V/LA. I'm still V/La for today but if anyone has questions you better ask them now. I stopped reading the thread since I found out I was daykilled.
Oh well. You would have just been inactive the entire game anywho. I still doubt you're town though.

And lol @ your last sentence in your response to me in your 391.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, Vocal, answer this please:

"What made you think I was "making you scum"?"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, can you name 2 games where he was inactive? (Hopefully they are recent)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why? Do you think Clown and Zen could be scumbuddies because of that?

Also I noticed that. But how could you condemn the town for "OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN WHILE I WAS GONE?" when you had to be away.

Don't blame us, blame IRL. Others were v/la too.
I wasn't blaming town, I was just saying that more people should be upset about this. There isn't anyone to blame other than those involved; I'm just interested in the response this has gotten.
Oh, Vocal, answer this please:

"What made you think I was "making you scum"?"
You said "Where were you to stop it?" as if I had purposefully refrained from being active so as to let it happen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"I certainly did not support it - how many people were actually in favor of this?"\

That is why I said where were you. You said you didn't support it, but we wouldn't have known if you were busy.

I never said you were scum, Vocal. I am interested in your response.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also Vocal:

How do you feel about shooting Kuz toMmorow?

Clownbot

Smash Lord

I should probably be upset about people speculating my intentions for me, but I approve of this post.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not think you should be UPSET about that, But I do think you can question Vocal's motive in calling you scummy for that.

Do you think it's odd Vocal has shyed away from voting Kuz? He says that Kuz isn't off the hook, yet doesn't say if he will shoot him the next DAY.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Zen you should answer my question about where the hell you got my meta from. It is clearly wrong as, and I'm not inactive, I just lurk. Deal with it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gova I read royal sleep over and saw recent posts so I was like 'wat;

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I do not think you should be UPSET about that, But I do think you can question Vocal's motive in calling you scummy for that.

Do you think it's odd Vocal has shyed away from voting Kuz? He says that Kuz isn't off the hook, yet doesn't say if he will shoot him the next DAY.
I don't really think much of him finding me scummy, I agree that his behavior about Kuz a bit odd though. It also feels a bit like Vocal's pretty much setting up a situation in which he can easily get off shooting by saying that he'll shoot if we can find a "reasonable target."

Top Bottom