• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ran, I think kuz shouldn't be involved in a shooting toDay because he isn't scummy? I think we'd gain little from clearing him, which is also why Lux isn't my #1 shooter pick. Keep in mind that all town-aligned non-shooters have claimed. So if we force the scummiest player to take the shot we know he's likely vanilla - unless he can't shoot, which is more likely now due to the claims. In my book that'd be Seph and I think he should shoot toDay [preferably Vocal].

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How is Seph scummy to you again, Gheb?

I believe Kuz and Seph both have the same content activity wise, so I wouldn't care.

Although, Vocal has backed off of Kuz pretty oddly.

I want him to explain that. If he CAN shoot, why did his stances change so quickly? He hadn't posted much to show that gradual change.

If vocal can't shoot, he would be a non-shooting goon, but I would believe his partners would rather have him shot.

I still want Vocal to shoot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It means that Gheb shouldn't care if Seph goes over Kuz. So Kuz being shot is ok. Especially since Vocal backed off of him.

I'm still kool with Kuz being shot, by Vocal. (IF vocal can shoot)

I'mma check if Vocal online. I want him to explain.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meaning seph hasn't posted much, and Kuz hasn't either.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm not sold on Kuz, but the second part I vehemently agree with.

Shooter: Vocal

I want Vocal to shoot toDay. Or at least I want him to be put in the position of shooter, because based on his end of Day performance yesterDay, I honestly don't think he can.

Vocal, who are your scum picks now?
Well, Zen's dead, so he's removed from the list. The other two that caught my attention were Kuz and Clownbot; however, due to Clown's stances on Kuz I don't think they could both be mafia. Moving on, I find Clownbot's actions at the end of YesterDay incredibly scummy:
I'm suprised by the amount of support of Gova being shot despite no one considering him a play. Clown why you would want me to shoot your town read I do not know. Care to enlighten me on this?
Making sure you stuck to your word. It's not like any amount of convincing should have made you change your mind considering how much you've been riding him toDay.
So...to prove that one person is townie, Clownbot forces him to shoot another person that Clown considers town? That's crackpot logic right there and I don't trust it an inch. Clownbot is my #1 scum pick, I'll have to investigate further to find others.

Also, I have no problems shooting anyone - give me a target and he's dead.
Gheb, why do you think Kuz shouldn't be involved in a shoot?

I want Vocal shooting Kuz. Kuz isn't helping, he has been low on posts. Seph and Summoner too. Yet there seems to be a connection between Vocal and Kuz, and I'm going to draw it out.

It's Kuz>Summoner for getting shot. I don't have a read on Seph, it'll be null for now until he posts.

Vocal>Luxor for shooter. I want Vocal shooting ToDay.

If Vocal can shoot, we have to question why he backed off of Kuz so suddenly. He picked weak reasons for me and Clownbot. He knew Gova was town before he even flipped.

@Vocal: Why did you back off of Kuz?
Because a lot happened. Someone got shot - that can change a lot of things. While I found Kuz scummy at the time, the situation required a reevaluation; at the time I was too tired to do this, which is why I didn't place him in either category yet.

So town, would it be acceptable for me to shoot Clownbot?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Clownbot shot? I guess we can do that but I'd prefer Seph shooting then because he's the scummiest at this point and if we can pseudo-clear him that'd be more helpful than anybody else IMO. And shooting Clown is only an option if his input is inadequate toDay although I agree that he's not as horrible a shoot as Gova was.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got an innocent, but I wont say who unless they're in danger.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Because a lot happened. Someone got shot - that can change a lot of things. While I found Kuz scummy at the time, the situation required a reevaluation; at the time I was too tired to do this, which is why I didn't place him in either category yet.

So town, would it be acceptable for me to shoot Clownbot?
Why did Gova getting shot, change your view on Kuz, so strongly?

Hmmm not Clownbot. He isn't scummy. He had ignored me while I was being pressured by Ryker and others. He is null to me.

I'd rather have Clownbot shoot then be shot. If you want to shoot someone, choose someone else, Vocal.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hold - no one finds Clownbot's actions scummy? He literally commanded someone to shoot someone he thought was town so as to clear that first person as townie? And then stated he would shoot that person if he didn't do as he said? How the hell is that flying with you people!?

@Ranmaru: It didn't change my view, it made me realize that I needed to reassess my views.
@July: Previous to the shot, yes, Kuz was my top scum pick. As for who it would be now I'll have to think on that one. I'm too tired right now to do any in depth analysis, but just based off of current moment feelings I'm going to be looking into Ran, Zen, and Clownbot. Kuz isn't necessarily off the hook either. But I need to get some rest before trying to do any serious thinking about this.
I specifically said that I could not state him as my top scum pick because I had not thought about the situation yet. Imagine if I had said "Yea Kuz is scum" then come in today saying "Nvm Kuz isn't scum Clownbot is -" can you imagine the repercusions? If I don't know what I think at a moment I will say so, and that is what I did.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Also, I'm not the one saying I want to shoot. It's you and others who are saying I should shoot someone; I'm indifferent. Clown is just at the top of my list (for damn good reason), which is why I suggested him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hold - no one finds Clownbot's actions scummy? He literally commanded someone to shoot someone he thought was town so as to clear that first person as townie? And then stated he would shoot that person if he didn't do as he said? How the hell is that flying with you people!?
Quotes? I'm currently looking @ Clown myself and might consider switching him with Summoner in my shooter / shotee list.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I got an innocent, but I wont say who unless they're in danger.
Pros of telling: 2 confirmed townies

Cons of telling: ...scum knows who you are? They'll shoot town anyway, so big deal.

...I can't discern any reason to keep secrets. Who'd you investigate?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pros of telling: 2 confirmed townies

Cons of telling: ...scum knows who you are? They'll shoot town anyway, so big deal.

...I can't discern any reason to keep secrets. Who'd you investigate?
Luxor, that's bad. That would mean if a different person were to shoot, that's two clears.

BSL you don't have to give your clear.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Oh hai Ryker. I have scum targets toDay who aren't you, so enjoy it.

Also, starting tomorrow I'm getting my head back into this game; I haven't really been keeping up with everything as much as I should.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Luxor, that's bad. That would mean if a different person were to shoot, that's two clears.

BSL you don't have to give your clear.
I don't quite understand your meaning. To clarify, I meant "NK" when I said "shoot." Your post sounds to me like we don't want clears... or something. Could you rephrase, please?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Shooting Zen if he doesn't daykill Gova in his next post.
And actually, reading over the interactions right before the shooting (I was half awake when I read them the first time) Ranmaru has a really weird reaction to it. Basically, Zen say "Imma shoot Gova even though there's little to no support:"
I wanted the bombs NOT to claim because as long as they were unknown us scum could use them as a fake claim.

And just from that response I don't feel you and Gova are buddies anymore.

Also I'm shooting Gova in my next post unless someone convinces me not to.
and Ranmaru replies:
Ah ok, thank you.

That is fine with me. I don't understand why you came up with that, but go ahead.

Do you feel the town has had enough discussion to end the day though?
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this yet but I think it's significant enough to bring up

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

@Ranmaru: It didn't change my view, it made me realize that I needed to reassess my views.

I specifically said that I could not state him as my top scum pick because I had not thought about the situation yet. Imagine if I had said "Yea Kuz is scum" then come in today saying "Nvm Kuz isn't scum Clownbot is -" can you imagine the repercusions? If I don't know what I think at a moment I will say so, and that is what I did.
No, I do not. Clownbot didn't force him to shoot Gova. Did Clownbot plan for Zen to shoot Gova originally? Also, Vocal, can you find any other reasons Zen wanted to shoot Gova? Please find that.

"If I don't know what I think at a moment I will say so, and that is what I did."

Hmmm, that just seems like you didn't find anything scummy at THAT time, and needed time to think of something scummy to paint Clownbot as scum.

@Gheb:

Had you not read? Why are you willing to consider Clownbot now? Is Clownbot really scummy to you?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vocal, if Zen were town he would have shot Gova regardless of what I said. At least my actions ensured he would be outed as scum if he backed out of shooting and used someone else's objection as an excuse.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'll give my clear during twilight. Forgot That I'll probably die tONight.

I'm with vox here. Not only what vox said, but gova wasn't even voted the shootee and clownbot was allowing/commanding zen toshoot.

Ran can shoot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

and Ranmaru replies:

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this yet but I think it's significant enough to bring up
Zen said that he didn't think I was scumbuddies after my response. I don't know why he said that. Earlier he said Gova attacked me to distance.

How do you find that weird?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vocal is shooting toDay. He is shooting Kuz. Not Clownbot. Dummies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb:

Had you not read? Why are you willing to consider Clownbot now? Is Clownbot really scummy to you?
Yeah, I think he's pretty scummy now with Vocal pointing out details.

And his latest justification is BS:

"Vocal, if Zen were town he would have shot Gova regardless of what I said. At least my actions ensured he would be outed as scum if he backed out of shooting and used someone else's objection as an excuse."

That's a pretty baseless and sweeping claim and most of all it's misleading. Zen backing off shooting Gova would've been scummy now? Sounds like a dumb attempt to justify horrible Day 1 play. Comfortable stance for scum.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I'll give my clear during twilight. Forgot That I'll probably die toNight.

I'm with vox here. Not only what vox said, but gova wasn't even voted the shootee and clownbot was allowing/commanding zen toshoot.

Ran can shoot.
My question is why you didn't die N1.

Apart from that, though, clear now. The only difference between clearing now and then is that GF can shoot whoever you clear, making himself fairly obvious. We'll have 2 confirmed townies toDay and 1 toMorrow; your plan gives us 1 each day. Plus we don't want you to die without telling us.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why Gheb? I don't see it, can you explain why he isn't?

Also, wasn't Gova Zen's pick as well?

I thought Zen was bluffing about his ability to shoot.

Luxor

Smash Champion
American, but I moved to Switzerland about three months ago.

Ran, you're on a downward spiral into scumhood. I don't think anyone would oppose you shooting toDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My question is why you didn't die N1.

Apart from that, though, clear now. The only difference between clearing now and then is that GF can shoot whoever you clear, making himself fairly obvious. We'll have 2 confirmed townies toDay and 1 toMorrow; your plan gives us 1 each day. Plus we don't want you to die without telling us.
Luxor, think of it like this. He said he would clear the person if he was in pressure. Only person in pressure (slight pressure) if Vocal.

So obv it's not Vocal.

I want Vocal shooting toDay.

I don't know about Gheb. He is trying to defend Kuz, and is NOW somehow finding Clownbot scummy through none of his own findings.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you guys like, the person shooting should ask for the clear right before.

Top Bottom