• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
so, why do you think Delvro is scum? lack of posts?

Plus, I noticed he coasted as scum in Celeb, so we obv can't let him do that here. Let's force him to talk. I want his reads.
1) You have 'plus' when you didn't actually provide anything as to why you think Delvro is scum. 0 + x is just x. Plus is misleading in that regard.
2) You pick an example of where Delvro coasted and was scum, have you gone through all of Delvro's scum games to see if it's a constant thing? If Delvro has any sort of mind, he isn't going to play scum the same way each time. If you haven't gone through his games to see if it's constant, why should it be applied here?
3) Are you trying to say "I noticed Delvro coasted as scum in another game, if he's scum this game, we can't let him do that in this game" if so, why did you use 'plus' when stating that you believe him to be scum? If not, why are you talking like you already know he is scum even though you haven't finished your read?

If the only reason that you think Delvro is scum is because he has 5 posts, I would like you to explain to me how that is scummy and not just lazy/busy town.

If that isn't the (only) reason, please tell me what it is you got from his posts that make you think he's scum.

I can understand simply stating someone is null and not going any further than that, but you can't just say someone is scum, and when asked to provide reasoning go "I haven't finished my read". If Ran flips scum, I would be more okay with Gova and Delvro.

sorry if it's a bit hard to read at points/not making sense. it's 2:18am

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ryker:

Hmmm? You were telling Swords to shoot Luxor. Shouldn't Swords give good reasoning as to why Luxor is scum? (Or shouldn't you?)

I said scenarios about thinking as scum. Yet I'm talking about the actual shooting.

I think SOMEONE should make a case on the shootee, because that way we get a stance from the person who is 'forcing' that shooter to shoot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Delvro is scummy to me. If he can't post anymore, he should replace out. :/ Not gonna let him coast. Do you disagree with me?

Also Summoner could you answer my #718? (Do you support shooting BSL/Luxor? Why?)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you force a case, you force a stance. You don't get an honest one so to what end would you make shooters post cases that have already been made?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you force a case, you force a stance. You don't get an honest one so to what end would you make shooters post cases that have already been made?
If the shooter already made a case, then that is fine. If they didn't, I'd like stances. If they are town, there is no reason for them to lie.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Hell nah. I simply think there is a lot worse play than Kuz out there atm, so I might as well be a bro for him since no one else will.

Sword, shoot Lux for me and we can look into Kuz together tomorrow.
Get people to vote for lux and me as shooter and I'll do it. :awesome:

Nah though there's a lot more people I would rather see dead than Lux (see bottem of post).

Is Seph v/la or something? I seem to recall some people saying he was v/la but I can't remember who.

@Mod: Is Seph v/la?

Btw I know that I'm really late to realizing this but I just realized a problem with the voting system that I don't think anyone else has pointed out.

The problem being that without a deadline it's gonna be very hard to get anyone lynched via the voting system without a sense of urgency. So we're gonna have to come to an agreement here somewhere.

Right now I think Lux is useless townie. Tell me why he's not.

Right now I want Kuz/Gova/Delvo/Summoner/Seph shot in that order (the last three for having promising starts but falling flat as of late).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, without a deadline, I'd think:

Did we feel like we have had good discussion? Are we ok with ending the day? How many real life days has it been since the game started?

Even if it has been 10 days, I don't think everyone would be thinking about a deadline in mind. They would have forgotten how many days it has been.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How about we have everyone vote to end the day? Everyone has to. What you think of that? Of course, if they all vote, then a shooting has to go down.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This group of players is way too timid. Me, Kuz, Delvro, and Zen are the only people I think have any balls. I wouldn't want to see any of them gone prematurely unless I have to shoot Zen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you think you'd have to shoot Zen?

Also I don't know what your problem is. I'm thinking of ideas that can help town with the voting/deadline thing. Do you have a better way?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ranmaru, you're distracting and random. Your thought processes don't make sense logically and I'd appreciate it if you posted no more than 5 times in an hour.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru, you're distracting and random. Your thought processes don't make sense logically and I'd appreciate it if you posted no more than 5 times in an hour.
I will not back down. When I'm right, you change the subject. I think you are the one who is random.

For example, you lied about me "Not taking the bomb situation into account". Could you explain how I didn't take it into account please?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You said you weren't to Luxor. Why would you say that?

Now I told you before, that'd I doubt your claim.

But let's see the counter claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's also really dumb of you to claim. Now you could be used against town later on. >_>

You weren't even in pressure.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Definitely liking Ran's play. At least it's better than FE. Regardless of what your alignment is, you are playing much better. I can actually understand what you are saying.

Ryker have you played with Ran before? You shouldn't focus too much on the semantics of what he says. His points do seem contradictory, but that hasn't shown to be a valuable scum tell on him. Read some of d3 of Fire Emblem. Otherwise you will be stuck on him for the rest of the game.

Very interesting that out of all the posts in the game, Gova chose Ranmaru to actually comment on. Looks fake to me. Like scum Gova thinking that scum Ran is being so scummy and needs to distance. This is the only thing pointing me to scum Ran. If Gova flips scum, I think there is a good chance Ran is his scumbuddy.

Hey Zen, would you shoot Ran or Luxor if deadline was in five minutes and they were your only choices?

I changed my mind, I don't want Zen shot.
Neither of them should be the play. Perhaps Ran in the future. But he is ok for now.
Nope. I think you have reasoning because I have a town read on you. Assuming you had reasoning came after the fact. If you're town there's no good reason to oppose voting without, well, reason.
Then WHY do you think he is town?
@Ryker:

Hmmm? You were telling Swords to shoot Luxor. Shouldn't Swords give good reasoning as to why Luxor is scum? (Or shouldn't you?)

I said scenarios about thinking as scum. Yet I'm talking about the actual shooting.

I think SOMEONE should make a case on the shootee, because that way we get a stance from the person who is 'forcing' that shooter to shoot.
Look, the reason that we choose someone to shoot is because they are scummy. There are two scum in the game that cannot shoot. So by choosing someone scummy to shoot we can essentially semi-clear them as town. If they are able to shoot, then they are not one of the two scum who cannot shoot. If they cannot shoot then they are scum. (or the bomb)
Btw I know that I'm really late to realizing this but I just realized a problem with the voting system that I don't think anyone else has pointed out.

The problem being that without a deadline it's gonna be very hard to get anyone lynched via the voting system without a sense of urgency. So we're gonna have to come to an agreement here somewhere.
I thought about this. We will set a deadline ourselves once things in the day start to die down and no one really feels like there is much more to get from the day. Once we set the deadline, whoever has the most votes by the deadline will be the determined shootie/shooter.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Definitely liking Ran's play. At least it's better than FE. Regardless of what your alignment is, you are playing much better. I can actually understand what you are saying.

Ryker have you played with Ran before? You shouldn't focus too much on the semantics of what he says. His points do seem contradictory, but that hasn't shown to be a valuable scum tell on him. Read some of d3 of Fire Emblem. Otherwise you will be stuck on him for the rest of the game.
I played Rusty Guillotine with him. He wasn't this obnoxious. He wasn't this illogical. Every other post didn't say something contradictory. The problem in that game was the extremely poor job of counter claiming he pulled.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Shoot him please. He doesn't ever shut the **** up. He is REALLY getting in the way.
Nothing wrong with talking. Town should talk.

How am I getting in the way? Since when, did I get in the way Ryker? Do you feel I am shutting down your options?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ranmaru have you finished reading yet? If not, less talking, more reading please.

Ryker trust me dude. You don't lynch/shoot someone because you don't like how they play. Otherwise you would have been dead a long time ago.

If he is scum, he will make less direct scum tells. His contradictory like statements is just Ran being Ran. I was just in the exact position you are in in Fire Emblem. I was certain he was scum there. But you just can't take these things at face value.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shut

the ****

UP

You don't let anyone interact with anyone else before going through you. Any possible traps I could set get sprung immediately in this fashion. I want unspoiled reads on other players and you jumping in ON EVERY ****ING THING ruins that. You need to STOP POSTING. Look at the last 4 pages. YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP! And on top of all that, everything you say is a contradiction and I have a scum read on you.

PLEASE SHOOT HIM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Look, the reason that we choose someone to shoot is because they are scummy. There are two scum in the game that cannot shoot. So by choosing someone scummy to shoot we can essentially semi-clear them as town. If they are able to shoot, then they are not one of the two scum who cannot shoot. If they cannot shoot then they are scum. (or the bomb)
Oh, thank you.

Hmmm, I see. Ok, so if the person agrees to shooting, and shoots, what would be done about that person the next day? You said they would be semi-clear, but then how do we find the means to clear them fully?

Zen, can you help me understand Ryker's play? I feel he is very anti-town and I don't like it at all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ranmaru and I do not counter claim bomb. Bomb should counter claim if there is one.

By posting after this post without claiming, you acknowledge that you are not the bomb.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But you just can't take these things at face value.
WIFOM and a half.

When someone is giving off constant scum tells and getting in the way of pro-town scum hunting, you end them. Ranmaru CANNOT be allowed to make it to late game. He will ALWAYS be a question mark as the only two roles that can be confirmed town are outed already.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh, thank you.

Hmmm, I see. Ok, so if the person agrees to shooting, and shoots, what would be done about that person the next day? You said they would be semi-clear, but then how do we find the means to clear them fully?

Zen, can you help me understand Ryker's play? I feel he is very anti-town and I don't like it at all.
They are semi-clear because they could still be the godfather (who can shoot). Until the godfather is dead, there is no way to fully clear anyone other than the cop and bomb.

Ryker is town. Drop him. The more you comment about him, the more you waste our time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I already ****ING TOLD YOU.

I'm trying to live past night 1 without having to claim, BUT **** THAT. Now I have to explain why I WANT YOU SHOT, but haven't DONE IT MYSELF

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru have you finished reading yet? If not, less talking, more reading please.

Ryker trust me dude. You don't lynch/shoot someone because you don't like how they play. Otherwise you would have been dead a long time ago.

If he is scum, he will make less direct scum tells. His contradictory like statements is just Ran being Ran. I was just in the exact position you are in in Fire Emblem. I was certain he was scum there. But you just can't take these things at face value.
No not yet. I'll finish reading after this post.

Shut

the ****

UP

You don't let anyone interact with anyone else before going through you. Any possible traps I could set get sprung immediately in this fashion. I want unspoiled reads on other players and you jumping in ON EVERY ****ING THING ruins that. You need to STOP POSTING. Look at the last 4 pages. YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP! And on top of all that, everything you say is a contradiction and I have a scum read on you.

PLEASE SHOOT HIM
I don't care about traps. I care about discussion. Also you outed yourself for a stupid reason. Shame on you.

But I'll get to reading.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ran, I swear to god, I hope you're scum and not ****ing ********. Zen is being nice, but he's essentially saying, "Ran can't manage to look town, so you need to let him live even though he looks scummy as ****."

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
WIFOM and a half.

When someone is giving off constant scum tells and getting in the way of pro-town scum hunting, you end them. Ranmaru CANNOT be allowed to make it to late game. He will ALWAYS be a question mark as the only two roles that can be confirmed town are outed already.
It's not WIFOM as I am not calling him town because of his play style. I am saying that you cannot call him scum because of his play style.

Pretend that saying "wakalaka" was a scum tell. Now say I were to post "wakalaka" in every one of my games regardless of my alignment. If I were to then play a game and say "wakalaka", it would be invalid to call me scum for that because I say wakalaka regardless of my alignment.

The how it is for Ran here. He types in a way that is hard to understand every game and it comes off as contradictory. Because he is typing that way here, does not declare him as scum. It is simply the way he types each game.

I'm not for shooting him for that. I want to shoot scum, not liabilities. If you can't scum hunt with him in the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@X1, not Zen.

I'm not apologizing for something that needs to be said. If he won't shut the hell up, then he needs to die.

Top Bottom