• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T | 7-9 January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It was obviously intended to poke fun at the people who mix the european countries up lol

I remember back when i went to england on a language trip in 09 and the family thought I was from switzerland looooooooooooool
you should travel more and experience that pain more. I swear to god, every single person ive met in another country that didnt know my dad beforehand due to his work would think I'm from Switzerland. Even if I told them Im swedish 5 seconds ago.
Americans are the worst at that. "OH YOU FROM SWITZERLAND? YOU SPEAK GERMAN?" =P

smakis

Smash Ace
^

not only do they think you are from switzerland from the way you speak, they always mishear sweden for switzerland. THEY ARE NOT EVEN SIMILAR.

Seksy

Smash Rookie
Venue opened at 17:00?

We will already be in Gothenburg around 1 pm.

Any other possibilities?

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, merry swedish christmas!

Btw, I'm bringing 3-4 more friends to gothenburg, who's not going to participate in the tourney. Are they allowed to be at the venue during the event?

Hack

Smash Journeyman
In the future, I want a Swedish teams partner for international tournaments. They're like fashion accessories.
LOL. The stockmarket's gonna be maaad influenced by BEAST :p

"AWMG SO HYPE, Calle W's getting off and the price for a Swedish teammate just skyrocketed by 300... no, 400 PERCENT, AND IT'S STILL INCREASING!!"

Merry Christmas everyone, 2 weeks left!

porc

Smash Journeyman
I just looked at the attendance list, it's huge and awesome =D
How many people go to the bracket ?

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Who is this guy? Did he attend Apex 2010, *Pound* 4, or Genesis?

Lol, I love it, I'm mysterious. But in all seriousness, I'm just a midwest random (the worst kind of random....) who happened to get good enough at the game to feel confident that a tournament experience would be worthwhile while studying abroad in Europe. So my first real tournament will be in Europe. Lol, midwest random reppin' the US.

But yeah, if this goes even mildly well, I'll probably go to Pound 5 when I get back and then start attending the monthly (or so) statewide tourneys and hopefully do well in those.

Really, I'm just hoping to play a ton of friendlies in order to stop sucking at this game so much.;)

~A

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Forget livestream but please record videos of good quality
This.

Lol, I love it, I'm mysterious. But in all seriousness, I'm just a midwest random (the worst kind of random....) who happened to get good enough at the game to feel confident that a tournament experience would be worthwhile while studying abroad in Europe. So my first real tournament will be in Europe. Lol, midwest random reppin' the US.

But yeah, if this goes even mildly well, I'll probably go to Pound 5 when I get back and then start attending the monthly (or so) statewide tourneys and hopefully do well in those.

Really, I'm just hoping to play a ton of friendlies in order to stop sucking at this game so much.;)

~A
I like your mindset. Mindset is important. If you think about it, there isn't really anyone whom you cannot beat. I wished more US can go to this. :)

VA

Smash Hero
LOL. The stockmarket's gonna be maaad influenced by BEAST :p

"AWMG SO HYPE, Calle W's getting off and the price for a Swedish teammate just skyrocketed by 300... no, 400 PERCENT, AND IT'S STILL INCREASING!!"

Merry Christmas everyone, 2 weeks left!
lol.

Impress me. Then I'll start messaging you on facebook asking you to team with me.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Just bumping in to say that we have so far received
contributions to our combo video competition. Keep in mind that it's free entrance and a trophy for you if you win it. Just sayin' :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Forget livestream but please record videos of good quality
Sweden (/Europe) has always had literally the best quality videos in the world, and will as long as I'm there recording. And they will be better than ever for this tournament. Screw your HMW etc =).

As for livestream, I'm currently in the US, but will do my best to whip something up before the tournament. Sadly I wont settle for anything less than perfect quality, so hopefully I can achieve that in time.

About country mixups...
Me: I'm from Sweden.
American: Isn't that where that big particle accelerator is?
Me: Um, that's in Switzerland...
It's usually clocks, cheese or banks. Now add particle accelerators to your Swe/Swi mixup list.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Are you trying to say your videos of BEAST will be as good as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wp0Zs4Kc7g
If you mean better than incorrect aspect ratio and failed deinterlacing, then yes.
If you mean upscaling to HD which noone uses anyway since 360p/480p is default, then no. 480p is just fine. If you want quality, download the video from my site.
If you mean that my composite should look better than his component video, I can't make promises but I'll try.

If I wanted to, I could totally **** that, but Youtube is low on my priority list, and while I can record component video, it isn't practical at tournaments where no TVs support it.

edit:
East Coast airports closed due to snow. Hope I can actually make it back to my continent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom