• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest AZOne: BIG$MONEY$TOURNAMENT Jan. 6th.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hugo, I don't really wanna MM you (guess why? ^^;) but you have to devote a bit of time to friendly'ing with me. Seriously. Like, you can't enter the tournament if you don't.

Look, I didn't make these rules. I just mindlessly obey them.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Oh, my bad Hanki, it was Sizzle and not you. Yeah, you're on Sizzzzzzzzzzzzle. :) You can money/gatorade match me if you want though, Hanki. :)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey Edrees do you have space in your car by any chance? I can probably make it up to OC early tomarrow and it'd be awesome if you had enough room for another person ^^

nublet06

Smash Lord
well, im staying at a hotel in scottsdale that is right next to a macaroni grill, and a california pizza kitchen. I fly for an hour and some how California still finds me. I think im about 20 minutes North on the 101 from where this is being held. im thinking that i will try and take a Taxi, but that might be too much money.

i have limited internet access so if i make it, ill see you guys there, if not, have fun.

nublet06

Smash Lord
That would be cool.

im at the "Hampton inn phoenix"

10101 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253

if any1 can pick me up give me a call. (661) 274-9178

it says im 19 miles away / 23 minutes.

ill give you 10 bucks if you have change for a 20

and if anyone needs a teamte ill be openfor that.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, Nublet. You're not far from me. I can bring you from your hotel to the event and back again. PM me if you need it. (I tried calling, just got an answering machine. I'll try again later)

Hey Forward, the tourney Registration is at 11:00 right? Tourney start at 12:00? The first page says 9 and 10 respectively. Maybe you should change it.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'll take that MM. Goop. What price were you thinking about?

Also, Sizzle, I got your tape; I'll bring it tomorrow.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me the exact address of the venue or whatever. when i try to type in whats on the front page it doesn't work. so if someone could do that for me so i can get directions on map quest that'd be great, thx.!

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys we are setting up now and apparently there are some people already there so feel free to show up and warm up if you want.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey good luck to all, B-Will, I didn't make it but 2 people from SV are going to it. Jeff, and Brian, They are 6 and 7 on SV Power Rankings, so I hope they do ok. have a fun tourney all and I hope you guys make it to mine in February, and I will still hold my word on your pay.
^-^

nublet06

Smash Lord
well it wouldnt be a tournament if i didnt lose to a peach. :p

good **** hanki (spelling?) how the hell do you beat forward falco with young link. the sheik was too good though. aweosme young link man.

congrats to taj for begin first person to beat me in a money match :p

gj gabe you are too good of a teamate. 5th place i think?

i love all the socal people there. and AZ was too good.

mel

Smash Rookie
hahah, i had SO MUCH FUN, thanks for throwing it. :D

if you could call it throwing it.... having it? planning it?...advertising it? o_0

uhm.... shout outs, shout outs....

jeez. like everyone there. im going to miss people and feel really bad about it!! ;__; and then people will be like "ohmygod you listed ___ over me?!! i thought you liked me better wah wah wah." so.... don't do that. problems? im: melmeltsfaces or just want to talk in general. :p

there was....

SAM - he who had an orange shirt and also a black shirt who was wts the epic wang. thanks for the controller, dude. :D i thought that that was pretty cool of you. ^_^

DUDE WITH STEPMANIA - 'nuf said. thanks for bringing it and letting everyone play and not being a snobbish hog about playing yourself. and for just being a nice and helpful guy in general.

SHANE - hiiiiiiii!!! you seemed pretty cool. what's wrong with highfives? (six times, whaaaat?) thanks for showing me those different things to do with marth--it really helped. ^_^ you should call tim or me and tim should call you and we should all get together and do something sometime or something. :p

GOOSE(Y?) - thanks for coming with us to the hookah bar, dude. it was NEAT. ^_^ lemon rose is pretty good--you have good taste in shisha AND in food.

SEAN, MIKE, AND OTHER BLOND-ISH FRIEND - thanks for organizing. :D sorry i forgot your name. these things happen with me. a lot. i had a blast. ^^

THAT ONE DUDE - the guy who kept bruising my arms and who didn't knock over the mountain dew that I CLEANED UP FOR ... someone else's FAT BUTT. <_< yeah that's right. you cut my pinky. and it affected my game. yep, that's right. ::glower:: it was fun. ^_^ cameras are neat. ^^

MISCELLANEOUS PEOPLE I HIGH-FIVED - thanks for the high five. ^________^

THAT ONE DUDE WHO WOULDN'T HIGH FIVE ME SO I POKED YOU ON THE FOREHEAD - actually, there may have been two of you. you learned your lesson, though. good for you!! ::highfive?::

WHITE - you pansy. ::watches clock count down:: :p stand and fight like the fruit you are!! ^_^ (this isn't meant to be mean, i was re-reading for typos and i was like WOAH that's MEAN, so i thought i would clarify that i was only making *fun* of you in a very kind-hearted way. you do your thing man, you're pretty cool. ^_^ sorry that guy bugged you with the camera.)

GUY WITH CAMERA - we are on the same side--why the **** are we fighting? heh, you have many opinions, and i like that you express them with such energy.

PENGUIN-DUDE - (so cute ::pets penguin::) for something so vital to your existence, you sure seemed to lose him/her a lot. when is the naming taking place anyway? you're not too too bad at breaking, but you could use a little polishing. ^_^ but then, i've seen competitions, and i'm comparing you to waaaaay upper crust from michigan--i couldn't even do ANY of the stuff you were doing--i am truly a white girl who cannot dance. thought i can glowstick!! (:D) and ddr, but that's not dancing. also: your little parka-ed dudes are MEAN. ;-; (cowers in fear behind her little asian boy with blue hair and ******* sword)

OMAR - hi! ^_^ ::highfives::

TONY - you're not that tall, dude. (the tallest thing about you is your ego.) i will beat you at the hand game, i swear this to you.

DAN - dan dan dan! we only got to play team-friendlies for a little bit--there's no way i got that much better since the last time i played with you at goops. ;_; (unless you got worse? o_0) we must play again, and find out. (this IS mandatory, btw. ^__^)

oh i know i'm forgetting people. i can see your face in my mind, but i can't put a memory or a name with them. -_-

....oh yeah! TIM!! (XD) thanks for taking me there. ^^ and for the food. ^-^

either way, there wasn't a single person that i didn't enjoying goofing around with -- i'm sure everyone had an AWESOME time. like, LARGE AWESOME with a very energetic squiggly line underneath it.

thanks again for organizing it, forward-person-dude-thing-....sean? (oh noes!!!)

love & peace!

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
What a great tournanment.

Shoutouts...I'm sure to miss a few people because im tired as shit

Socal...

Edreese: We got to play a couple of friendlies. You have a rediculous peach it's too bad we couldn't play more.

Azeem: Your samus is too good.

Hugs: It was great to see you play. You were insane in teams against us "b-wobble". I hope to see you again. Sorry about not being able to do our MM, I had 7 to do and I wasn't able to do yours. We should definitely do it if and when I see you again.

Gabe: What a rediculous yoshi. We had some close matches in tourney. Good to finally play a great yoshi.

The regulars...

Wobbles: B-wobble is too good. Man, I didn't expect you to be that good with the IC's you blew me away. Even without the infinite, you ***** with a single IC. Teams were too fun it was fun being your teammate. We need to do it again.

Forward: Your falco is rediculous as always. Thanks for hosting the first "real" tourney that I have attended. It was a great experience.

Butters: Good shit beating me in tourney. Your progressing fast it's scary.

Taj: Stop sandbagging. <3

Light: I don't think we played once the entire day. Good stuff with holding your own against hugs and omar.

Hanki: Hella close MM. I hate playing your young link. It's too good.

Yeah....I can't really think right now so I'm just going to stop here. I'll add more later.

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
Im in france and need results, I didn't see them in the results forum, but I guess I'll take another look.

Wish I could'a gone. *tears*

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey everyone!

I've just now gotten a chance to peek at the tapes we got from the tourney and they seem to be of good quality for the most part. There are a tape or two from TV #8 (the projector one...) where the VCR ****ed up the tracking. That doesn't mean the tapes are useless or irreparably damaged, it just means it'll take me longer to struggle with it to get a good quality snippet to put online.

EDIT: Upon further review, there's only two tapes w/ tracking issues. 1/2 a match between omar/hugs and tony/sean might be bad, and the first match or two between light and Omar might be bad (respectively) Looks like that's it.

Oh, and the sooner the tournament bracket gets posted the better. It'll help with the sorting process.

Great tourney!! Yea! SoCal came in force, awesome job guys, you rock. But Az is just too good. ;) As for me, there's always next time. :) I got some compliments on how I've improved, but hopefully I'll get some more victories along with compliments, lol. But thanks to everyone it was great.

And a sincere thank you to all who put on their names when they played on a taping TV. There is a certain sadistic enjoyment in doing video editing at 2:00 AM, but only for so long. Lol. Later guys.

Top Bottom