• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest AZOne: BIG$MONEY$TOURNAMENT Jan. 6th.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Naw, it can be done. GC av out to VCR AV in. Then the VCR's coaxial out to the TV, so now the TV has signal and the VCR can tape. Then use the VCR's AV out to go to the projector. Unless the projector doesn't take AV... which I doubt.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
Ballsy. I'm sure you've gotten better since then. And I suck at the game. Name a price.

And tony, sure we can MM.
My Falco/Fox against your Falco/Marth, we dont have to change characters. 7 $ Best of 5 ?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha! A ****ty Mewtwo, Tony? If that's so, I'm in trouble. :)

Lol Tony and Sean. I appreciate the... umm... compliments... I told you I'm a professional nerd. Not just a part time one!

Ninjade1, Umm, I guess yes, I am the official/unofficial videographer of the event. Though Maxxxpower should be providing much assistance as well.

Speaking of which, Maxx, you've got yourself a deal about those tapes. I'll give you $10 for the tapes and the trouble. Between those and some tapes I already have, we should be set. If you have any of your own, bring them as well. I plan on being quite prepared! ;)

Oh, and to answer a question asked some time ago, it will be too much to have to manually turn on/off the recording of the VCR's. We'll just leave them running and replace the tapes when they stop. I don't see any other feasible solution. Plus this way we don't have to worry about matches being cut short on accident.

EDIT: (plus we might only record the bracket, and not pools anyway... unless Tony wants me to make a combo video of him enviscerating his competition in pools... heh...)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's cool, ALT. I'm just sad that we'll lose all of that tape footage. But we'll just be recording the bracket, like you said, so it might not be that bad. About the tapes, I'll pick them up tomorrow night and I'll give them to you Saturday. I'm leaving for AZOne Saturday at 6:30ish so I should be there when the doors open, MAYBE WE CAN HAVE FRIENDLIES!

Also, I volunteer to be in Taj's combo video. It'll be awesome.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
3 dollars? that's weak, make it 5 and i'm in.

max, mm? you haven't played me yet, in my vids i may look good but im really not.
Are you up for my 7$ MM? And, Taj now that my 3$ offering has been declared weak, I'll do 5$

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Woah, in the original post Sean said that registration starts at 9 and the tourney starts at 10. In the last page or two, he said that registration starts at 11 and the tourney starts at 12. Which one is it?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Just Kidding, B-Will, I'll take that MM. My Doc VS your Marth? $5?

Regarding the start time:

It's actually ALL of those times. What Forward doesn't want anybody to know is that he'll be playing us from a whole different time zone. He'll be in Alaska, and he'll be playing telepathically.

Sizzle, are we still up for tomorrow? I'll be at Vato's house around 2-3. I'll give you a jingle.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'M TALKIN' ABOUT ALASKA, MAN!!!!!!

Forward's not actually Sean B. He's Clark Kent and he'll be playing from his fortress of solitude.

Edit: Sizzle, it's been checked. Sorry, I'm slow.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dang I almost want to go to this.

Does anybody know how Zelgadis is getting there? What about SoCal?

If I go I'd have to hitch a ride.

Does somebody have an empty seat? I can pitch in for gas.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good deal hanki, butters, and max.

I have 5 for hanki, 7 for butters, and 5 for max (marth vs doc right?).

Tony, 5 works for you?

Sean...I get to play your captain falcon and I'm in for 5 dollars as well.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wobbles, MM me. That's something I've been wanting to do for a long time because I haven't played you since your fox days. 5 dollars sounds good?

Guess I'm bringing about 32 dollars in extra cash for MM's lol.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Five dollars huh. What are le terms? IC's versus Falco? IC's versus Marth? My incredible Shiek versus one of your chars?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmmm....we'll go with your ic's vs either my marth or falco, most likely my falco. i need to figure out which one of my characters would work better for not getting grabbed.

nublet06

Smash Lord
YAAAAY. well ill be in scottsdale from later today, until sunday. only problem is i wont have a car. ill def try my best to make it to this. Arizona is too good, plus there will be all this cali love there.

plus, i have 25 dollars in my pocket. thats enough for the tournament, and a 5 dollar money match :p . i need to play someone i think i can beat first tho.

anyone need a partner? alex i know you want to team with me!!!

Total Est. Time: 27 minutes Total Est. Distance: 22.66 miles
thats how far away mapquest says I am. I wont have cash to give you for gas money, but if you take me to a 76 station, or chevron, ill put 10 dollars in your tank, or buy you a drink if you dont need gas.

Top Bottom