• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AXS - Syracuse, NY 11.06

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
It's Ganonballer!

I recognize him since my online community was against his online community in a site war. He lost to an ICs player from TX I play online a lot with.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Usually MM's aren't THAT hard to find. Maybe that's just because Goggles isn't attending this time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Everyone's too busy getting in line to money match people who matter, like Sanford.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Goggles just asked if I had a partner, so something tells me he's gonna be here, unless he's trying to pull something, in which case......

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
That's really super, but uhh go away.
I concur with Shiri, you icy. That ain't :popo: .

Goggles knows a lot of random people it seems. Let's namedrop some people so that mako can freeze them straight out, eh?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Will accept MMs in Melee, but no more than $1/ea please xD Also, is someone bringing recording setups to this?

Woo will be awesome to finally play some new people :D

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
who do you main?
I would prolly start out as Shiek in tourney, and maybe pull out Peach/Falcon/Spacies depending on the matchup. I don't mind using other characters in an MM, doesn't have to be Shiek.

As a side note, taking all Pichu (Me) - Falco (You) MMs...gotta get my rat back into proper shape :D

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I would prolly start out as Shiek in tourney, and maybe pull out Peach/Falcon/Spacies depending on the matchup. I don't mind using other characters in an MM, doesn't have to be Shiek.

As a side note, taking all Pichu (Me) - Falco (You) MMs...gotta get my rat back into proper shape :D
ill mm your sheik/falcon with sheik

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I spent some time thinking about this last night before I fell asleep mainly because I am still debating whether or not I should go to AXS. For some people like myself smash is more than just playing the game. I can guarantee you I am doing not as well in some classes as I should be right now because I spend about 4-6 hours a day on youtube watching various smash games (sometimes repeats) just in order to see what the pros are doing and how I can change my game up to become more like them. The dilemma really lies with how well you want to place at tournaments in this game. My problem is I want to be in the top 3 every tournament I attend and to get there I need to spend a lot of time on the game first. Spending a lot of time on this game = less time spent on doing school work = worse grades. Because of this I have honestly considered dropping all the times I go to practice and all the time I spend watching on youtube to get better grades, and simply attend tournaments when they show up, which is what I think people like Foy and Burak are doing (even though they are probably in the same situation as I am right now and can't attend this one due to being too far behind) but I can't be certain.
This is exactly the problem I had right when I decided to focus on real life priorities over smash related priorities. I'm never the one for half measures, and I'm usually serious about everything that I put any time into, whether its something like smash which is a hobby or my job.

The only reason why I'm still in the community is because I have friends who play smash, and smash is a way for me to have fun with them, and all of the hype at the tourneys, especially when we get OOS attendance.

Sure it kind of bums me out that I really can't compete seriously in tourneys anymore, and yeah every once in a while I get tempted to pick up the controller and make a come back, but I've made my decision and there's no looking back.

So if you feel smash is getting in the way of your real life priorities, quit its that simple. You seem to have a similar attitude to me and your energy would probably be better focused on school related task. Later in life when you have that nice job that the degree you earned will get you, then you can do things like smash. That's my mind set anyway. -shrug-

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If I had to choose between playing smash now and messing up future possibilties, and taking care of business now and putting myself in the position where I can play all the smash I want later, I would choose the latter.

Luckily for me, I dont really have to make such choices, but everyone is not me.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, my chances of going are now 0%. Complications arose with my ride, and I will not be able to go unless someone on these forums offers me a ride before tomorrow....

Sorry to everyone who was expecting me to go :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If I were matt, I would consider canceling melee for this.

At the moment, doubles is pretty much non-existent.

Singles is like,
Neil, cus he knows he'll win if steffon and jesse arent there.
spamus
beta
tuna
brawl people that will support the event even if they know they wont win.

If I were anybody that was going to this for brawl, Id arrive super early

dudutsai

Smash Lord
....MAYBE if Altairian comes. There's always that 1% chance haha..

but I predict Tuna will take 1st place.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
I suddenly find myself with 2 open spots in my car. If anyone from Rochester needs a ride, lemme know before tonight (sorry Dudu, but you're kinda outta the way :().

Sharky

Smash Master
dropping from melee, my roommates failed to come through for me yet again, and they owe me more than before =(((

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
If I were matt, I would consider canceling melee for this.

[ . . . ]

If I were anybody that was going to this for brawl, Id arrive super early
Events will go on as scheduled - period.

Attendance, in this respect, doesn't matter, because other people from campus will be arriving for brawl around those times. This isn't for the current smash community alone - this is also for recruiting kids on the SU and ESF campus that are interested in getting better at the game.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Would you pick me up if I offered you $20? Honeybadger is in Binghamton too

....I really want to go lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure jesse is going, matt told me he was teaming with neil fro brawl at least.
I was pretty sure that neil and yannick were supposed to be bringing back team 'oh snap' for both games.
dropping from melee, my roommates failed to come through for me yet again, and they owe me more than before =(((
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
Events will go on as scheduled - period.

Attendance, in this respect, doesn't matter, because other people from campus will be arriving for brawl around those times. This isn't for the current smash community alone - this is also for recruiting kids on the SU and ESF campus that are interested in getting better at the game.
all Im saying is less melee attendance = less melee setups needed and that = more brawl setups to play friendlies and MMs on in the mean time and the greater chances that the brawl tourney starts on time, as opposed to the habitual lateness that is so prevalent with NY tourneys

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Well it looks like I'll be there for melee.

Of course I gotta wake up at like 8 on a Saturday to do so. meh

Top Bottom