• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
First off you can't mash out if they hit you and throw you fast enough. And if it is only useful against 10% of the cast why do you need it.

"Don't get grabbed". Well that's useful. Play a good DDD main and try not to get grabbed when that's all they're trying to do.

I'm not even going to reply to your false analogy at the end there.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
"don't get grabbed"

and it's escapable because stale moves will get you out if he doesn't do enough grab attacks, and if he's doing grab attacks, you can mash out (like i said, at not high percents)

not to mention it's only a standing infinite against like, what, 10% of the cast? 15%?

oh and ganondorf is broken because all he has to do is land 3 warlock punches and you're dead. he doesn't even need to use a single other move
As AlAxe said, one grab and your done, and he mentioned those char. because they can be chain grabbed in place, unlike all the other char. that actually can get out of it at a certain percentage.

And btw, how can you say Ganon is broken because all he has to do is land 3 warlock punches? Who the hell gets hit by a warlock punch anyway?

pockyD

Smash Legend
I could've sworn i JUST explained that it wasn't a true infinite until high percents

i don't know why i bother when people don't even bother answering

and yes you can mash out, you're probably just bad at it (no worries, i'm awful at mashing too, which is just one reason among many that i choose from the other 35 characters available in the game instead of whining that my character sucks so he needs a rules buff)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
It's just a sh
itty property of those characters. That doesn't mean it should be BANNED.

Banning a technique in general anyway is stupid because it's too hard to enforce without judges watching every match.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
@Pocky - Yea im pretty bad at mashing, but i was not saying that I agree with banning anything. I don't care if my character gets ***** by an infinite. Just thought id throw it out there that DDD can chain grab a few characters without moving.

@HyugaRicdeau - I agree.

pockyD

Smash Legend
right, and he can only do it a few times at low percents until the victim can break out, which makes it not an infinite at those percents

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
@Pocky - I could have sworn even at low percentages its still inescapable when done quick enough. Because technically DDD does throw them but re grabs them without moving thus resetting the time for the opponent to break free. But i could be wrong.

@tc1 - That would be awesome.

pockyD

Smash Legend
taken from here

Note: When DDD Dthrows Samus, Luigi, or Mario the Infinite grab suffers from stale move-negation, in order to keep up the Infinite you must reset your stale moves with grab jabs. This really only becomes an Infinite at higher percents (50%+) or your opponent is capable of breaking your grab.

Note: When you are trying to "Infinite" Bowser you are forced to take a little step forward in order for the grab to connect. Technically this isn't an Infinite compared to the other characters but on certain levels you can easily get 75-150% easily, before you eventually run out of stage.
I have no idea if the percentage is precise (it doesn't seem like it, but it's probably ballpark correct), but the logic is sound

pockyD

Smash Legend
having a 50% to death combo on 4 characters is ban-worthy?

you're like, really really really new to competitive games, right?

∫unk

Smash Master
Al... I would just go someone else main and counter luigi if they aren't playing DDD.

No point in arguing and I doubt it will be banned because it's matchup specific (or they would ban Marth's grab on ness and lucas).

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
as far as the stages go then i think it should be like this

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate ship
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green greens
Corneria

this is just my opnion though

∫unk

Smash Master
as far as the stages go then i think it should be like this

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate ship
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green greens
Corneria

this is just my opnion though
No Norfair and/or Brinstar?

And wut Corneria. Yay d-tilt locks for me.

Jem.

Smash Master
Corneria has an infinite wall, and if you allow that, there are other numerous bad stages that should be allowed by logic. (AKA, corneria shouldnt be counter, guy a few posts above mine)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Corneria is a bit different though, because you don't HAVE to go by the wall, whereas in other stages there's no avoiding walls/walkoffs. I'm not saying I'm a Corneria fan, but that fact about the wall means the logic doesn't hold up.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
to go or not to go..... that is the question?

Answer: Go

Plus...Maybe this will help!

Introducing: EPIC MOMENT PRIZE GIVEAWAY!!!!

Ever do anything in a tournament that you think was so bad *** you should get a prize for it? Well we feel that way too, so we will have people wandering the floor watching for epic kills, spikes, gimps or just plain pro moments. If they feel the moment warrants it, they will be giving out prizes like: Imported Japanese Game Cube Controllers, T-Shirts and other random and badass swag!

So remember even if you're gonna lose make sure you go out in style! :laugh:

∫unk

Smash Master

Ever do anything in a tournament that you think was so bad *** you should get a prize for it? Well we feel that way too, so we will have people wandering the floor watching for epic kills, spikes, gimps or just plain pro moments. If they feel the moment warrants it, they will be giving out prizes like: Imported Japanese Game Cube Controllers, T-Shirts and other random and badass swag!

Will all Falcon kills count for this? Or only the PAWNCH!

Charoo

Smash Champion
wow. I better go to this then. Since I play falcon so even when I move it's epic.

Naota21t

Smash Champion

You should call this the "Give Silent Spectre free stuff" giveaway.

B/c you know he's going to do something epic w/ falcon...

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Al... I would just go someone else main and counter luigi if they aren't playing DDD.

No point in arguing and I doubt it will be banned because it's matchup specific (or they would ban Marth's grab on ness and lucas).
Probably what I'm going to do. Seems like everyone else here is against me. No worries though I have plenty of other characters that I can play well.

Prodigykid your right about melee. I never did get into playing that game competitively. You are wrong about my Cstick usage though.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I think he was making an inside reference. In most fighting games certain characters counter other characters. Its the player who has to get around it or use a different character for that matchup

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Update Thursday July 17th!

Hey Guys,

Were looking to get as many Wii's and setups as possible to allow as many free play stations
as we can!

We have a controlled check-in system and security personnel on site so you can feel safe helping out the community!

Bring a Wii (w/Brawl): We will give you $5 off your *SINGLES* entry fee (must have all Chars/Stages unlocked!)

Bring a TV: We will give you an additional $5 off your *SINGLES* entry fee

Total of $10 (50%) off!

If you Can help out please let us know by contacting us via E-Mail or in the Wii/TV thread on All is Brawl (CLICK HERE)
E-Mail - Travis@AxisGaming.org

Thanks,

-Travis :: Axis Gaming

Miztik

Smash Master
MM my friend's Lucas? Actually the mirror is pretty lame but I haven't seen a better one yet (youtube Lucases are really bad)
im down...im not a 100% sure i can go....cuz i start school that same week of....but ima try my best to make it...

and yea youtube lucas vids are bad...i have some recorded but not uploaded....

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

If anyone can bring Wii's to the event it would help us out significantly,
If you can help us out and bring setups we will not only be grateful (as will the community)
we will give you money back for doing it!

$5 for a Wii + Brawl (has to have all chars unlocked as well as stages)
$5 for a TV

**If you can provide multiple stations as a crew and/or are willing to help out setup
we will give you special treatment (talk to me and we'll work something out!)**

My E-Mail is: Travis@AxisGaming.org
My Aim: Travis@AxisGaming.org

Thanks and Hope to hear from you guys soon!

5 Weeks and Counting!

Top Bottom