• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

Miztik

Smash Master
miztik money match me for $10 + please your lucas my marth
hmm....possibly idk yet...thats if i even go...

same here :D i think i've played against lucas more than any other marth no joke. Around 30 hours ><

and too bad good lucases can get out of the ghey grab.
umm...no dude lucas cant get out of the gay grabs....the only way is to not get grabbed...

someone play my falco....

∫unk

Smash Master
no they can't lol

learn to dash grab son.
i am dash grabbing dad. good lucases learn.

i've gay grabbed my friends lucas so many times now he's so **** good at getting out. he either jump breaks in between hits or he DI's away so you have to dash grab.

if you don't mash a or z fast enough, the jump break gets really easy. if you're doing it fast enough to force the ground break (even though they can still jump break), you're hitting the A button too fast to humanly be able to react fast enough to grab him again.

and if you're lucas you can just play on the edges and it's easy to escape anyways.

my friend's lucas doesn't escape 100% of the time... but it's not an auto-kill like it was before.

i'm almost positive this guy has played more lucas than anyone else in SoCal... over 150 hours. gay grabbing worked against him for a few weeks but now its like 20-30% at best. it's not worth forcing it like it was before.

people that have played him in tourney have tried counterpicking chars that can do the grab like Marth only to fail miserably because he has so much experience versus Marth. but w/e find out yourselves.

edit: actually no one has really tried testing the forced release break (which is a jump break for Lucas because he gets grabbed off the ground) with Marth because the original release grab works well... but Marth has enough advantages to win without the grab at all.

i like rambling.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
junkinthetrunk stop turning every thread you post in into a flamewar.

∫unk

Smash Master
my bad ender.

prodigy what event? i mostly do free... but i swim a lot for college ><

pockyD i love chess i'll play you in that. if you're any good you'll probably **** me online i only got my ranking into the 1600s before i stopped.

shogi anyone? what about 64 smash? it's the only one where i know i stand a chance against the pros lawl

Eggz

Smash Hero
cant wait to make fat stacks off the epic prize moment giveaway =D

oh and could socal not be gay for once and not randomly throw together a big tournament at the last second to take all the attendees away from this?

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
This is going to be sweet, and considering I have to drive from Seattle to LA that weekend anyways to get to school, this is the perfect rest stop.

I'll be looking for epic prize money to pay for gas.

And Junk, I'll play you some 64 smash. I miss the old pikachu

Eggz

Smash Hero
This is going to be sweet, and considering I have to drive from Seattle to LA that weekend anyways to get to school, this is the perfect rest stop.

I'll be looking for epic prize money to pay for gas.

And Junk, I'll play you some 64 smash. I miss the old pikachu
if i find your not a douche, could i ride with you from the tournament to socal?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
LOL.

maybe if you are good enough eggz will let you drive him to socal.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
What are the usual airline faires from Combo Status Island to Socal anyway?
$100 if you go southwest. Closer to $200 on other airlines. It also depends on the airport.

if i find your not a douche, could i ride with you from the tournament to socal?
lol, as long as you're not a douche either, then yeah, you can ride with me. Anybody else want a ride to socal after the tournament? I have 2 more seats left.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Basically every combo in smash 64 is out of control and amazing. I really need to get new n64 controllers. I've had the same ones since the day smash came out and they're just total **** now and I haven't been able to play.

Top Bottom