• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

Axis

Smash Apprentice
lol someone asked me if we could have a Captain Falcon Impersonation contest...:laugh:

thoughts?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Can we have a yes'ing contest as well? :)

Axis

Smash Apprentice
for clarification SF is the closest airport, but if Oakland is easier for times and travel arrangements, its not too bad either, also there is a shuttle that runs from BART to the school so BART travelers will have an easy time getting there!

Plus I'll put up a full travel info post on the site in the next day or so!

∫unk

Smash Master
Is teams running at the same time or separate? Are we having crews? Start time?

You've probably already answered this but I couldn't find the info easily.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Is teams running at the same time or separate? Are we having crews? Start time?

You've probably already answered this but I couldn't find the info easily.
Teams will run first and as soon as they are finished singles will start, no word on crews yet and the start time and overall schedule will come out late this week.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
You should get more tournaments going in emeryville. There's absolutely nothing going on in the bay now and emeryville is a good central location.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Axis nice meeting you today. Thanks for jacking my G&W color. I guess I'll play Dark Blue at WCM.

How'd you do today?

Nice meeting you too, and Ice Blue G&W is the only way to go!

PS I did terrible...i need to pick a main and stick with it :psycho:

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
When Will This Tourney Come!?!?!? Its Soooooo Far Away Still! :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
if BO surrounds you, take a shower
The problem is even if i take a shower (Which i do) the other people that probably didn't take one will surround me, thus giving everyone the deadly BO of death.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Odd how every single smasher claims they shower and that everyone around them doesn't, and that's why it smells.

The real fact of the matter is, no matter how amazing you smell going into a venue, there are 100 people packed in tight quarters together, which will make everyone smell by the time the day is out. The proportion of venues that are spacious and well-ventilated enough to prevent this are few and far between

Get over it, or bring some febreeze and constantly spray the area around you

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Dude, i never said anything to blame any one general. I am saying that i have come across people that dont, and of course its going to smell. I know about the venue and when its smaller of course there is no air flow thus causing everyone to smell by the end of the day (Especially on a hot summer day).

Like I said though small tourneys usually have the BO smell due to what you said small spaces with dozens of people crammed into a small room.

pockyD

Smash Legend
this is one of the 3 big reasons I didn't want to go to FAST -_-

90 degree humid florida weather with 200 smashers in a room for 4 days, most not showering by virtue of not having convenient access to one (whether they normally shower at home or not)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Aye, but I rather carpool up there with people I know. Nothing against you, just that it's a long *** drive and I rather be with friends.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Is the DDD infinite on Luigi, Mario, Samus, Bowser, and DK going to be legal. I'm probably maining Luigi if it isn't but otherwise it'll be someone else.

pockyD

Smash Legend
hopefully it's legal, because it's not gamebreaking

plus, luigi can bust out if he's not already at high % (in which case who cares if you get infinited, so long as they aren't stalling)

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
hopefully it's legal, because it's not gamebreaking

plus, luigi can bust out if he's not already at high % (in which case who cares if you get infinited, so long as they aren't stalling)
How exactly can you bust out? I've never heard that before. And how is it not gamebreaking you get grabbed once and your dead. All a DDD main has to do to beat you is grab you three times. They don't need to use a single other move. If that's not gamebreaking I don't know what is.

pockyD

Smash Legend
"don't get grabbed"

and it's escapable because stale moves will get you out if he doesn't do enough grab attacks, and if he's doing grab attacks, you can mash out (like i said, at not high percents)

not to mention it's only a standing infinite against like, what, 10% of the cast? 15%?

oh and ganondorf is broken because all he has to do is land 3 warlock punches and you're dead. he doesn't even need to use a single other move

∫unk

Smash Master
Aye, but I rather carpool up there with people I know. Nothing against you, just that it's a long *** drive and I rather be with friends.
I don't bite you know >< I've made many-a-friends on the long drive from SB to SF, but to each his own.

The SB airport sucks so it's more expensive to fly from SB to SF than LA to SF :( If I was near LA I would probably fly.

Top Bottom