• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599

She's just saying she is to get out of it...

Also, all of the official rules and things will be posted as they are decided upon and worked out
but as I posted before it will be very much so standard smash, for example you can expect things like this:

-Matches will be 3 stock
-8 min time limit
-2 of 3 Matches for a win
-Double Elimination Brackets
-No items
-No smash balls (its an item, so its off)

Stages:

Neutral:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpicks:
(TBA)

The one thing I always feel about stages if both players can agree to play on a stage,
that action can override any of the above stage rules. I mean if both players love flatzone,
who am I to stop them from duking it out on the worst stage in the game? :chuckle:
Awesome, sounds good... Just wating to see what the entrance fee will be, but right now, def a go for me. Will most likely bring at least 2 people besides myself with me to this.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Really excited about this, going to try and make it for sure just a few questions

I know Axis hosts other games as well, would this be smash only or something else along with it? Also, I think I heard someone say this is Melee & Brawl today when we where smashing but I didn't see it in this thread (maybe it's just too late). Melee + Brawl or just Brawl?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Melee stages are weak.
Include New Yoshi Island in the neutrals, Lylat as a counterpick.

I just posted those as examples because they are pretty obvious choices, neutrals include those, but are not limited to them.

As to the Brawl / Melee question...

Let me first clarify that for all intensive purposes, this is a BRAWL event...

We are looking to make this event the biggest smash event in the world, and as we grow and have more large scale Smash events I would like to include more and more aspects of smash, things like Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Crew Battles and all that good stuff. But remember, to run an additional game type requires a doubling of time, setup, and resources which becomes very cumbersome with a tournament of this size.
My philosophy has always been to run events that have lots of space for casuals and fun other than the main event... because when a ton of smashers get together in one place the most epic things usually happen on the sidelines between matches. :chuckle:

So, long story short we want to...but no promises... so stay tuned!

oh and yes this will be only smash...

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599

I just posted those as examples because they are pretty obvious choices, neutrals include those, but are not limited to them.

As to the Brawl / Melee question...

Let me first clarify that for all intensive purposes, this is a BRAWL event...

We are looking to make this event the biggest smash event in the world, and as we grow and have more large scale Smash events I would like to include more and more aspects of smash, things like Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Crew Battles and all that good stuff. But remember, to run an additional game type requires a doubling of time, setup, and resources which becomes very cumbersome with a tournament of this size.
My philosophy has always been to run events that have lots of space for casuals and fun other than the main event... because when a ton of smashers get together in one place the most epic things usually happen on the sidelines between matches. :chuckle:

So, long story short we want to...but no promises... so stay tuned!

oh and yes this will be only smash...

Hopefully this does extremely well (100+ people), i would love to see more huge tourneys. Too bad there arent huge events like this around the Longbeach area. :(

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice

... because when a ton of smashers get together in one place the most epic things usually happen on the sidelines between matches. :chuckle:
For clarification, nothing epic happens in Brawl.

Lol, just kidding. But seriously, I totally understand where you're coming from. It was just a thought I had, and for a tournament the size of which you wanna throw, having 2 games, both of which tend to take a long time to run, can seriously pressure whatever time constraints are put in place.

However, I should hope that you don't include Brawl doubles over Melee singles. Melee is a great game, and I would hate to see it die, and a tournament like this is just the thing that can keep a game like Melee going. I really hope you think about this, as many large Smash tournaments have been able to include doubles, singles, crews, and other special events in a 2 day time period, while allowing room for casual play. It would be great for the general Smash scene if both games could be included in the line up, as it can only bring more attendees to the event, and make it even more memorable.

Cuz epic **** happens in Melee on a regular basis.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Are you saying stage spikes and uhmmm ...................................................................................
................................................................................................................. multiple taunts aren't epic?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Wait, are you saying there aren't going to be doubles?

Nope, not saying there wont be, just saying that things are still in the final stages of getting sorted out, and I wont confirm anything unless everything is in place to make it happen, and wont change.

Know what I mean?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
He put it in the tournament listings forum. Which, IMO doesn't get that much traffic in comparison to each individual forum.

Plus chances are, since this is a big tournament with big cash, those who are willing and able to attend will discover this tournament through hearsay.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OMG raaape, i wanna go to this

close to berkeley? i could hang out with my sister afterwards

kamekasu

Smash Ace
You don't post this exact thread, you just link to the Tournament Listings thread and tell them you want national attendance. Then they don't need to lock it. Or whatever. I don't know.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I Demand a Modesto vs Sactown vs North Bay Area vs South Bay Area vs East Bay vs San Jose crew battle.

South Bay!! what what!!?

pockyD

Smash Legend
if it's a one-day event (which it looks like it is), crews is a bad idea

if it's a multi-day event (which would be awesome), then by all means, yes :)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yes I agree with Pocky. If you think you have that much time, pools for teams or something would be better.

Top Bottom