• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

THuGz

Smash Lord
man 8? that's pretty late I thought this would be like an all day fest =/ you should work on that bro

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone show up to an all day fest besides you?

We can start at 7, but if you get someone there besides you/me/Rob/maybe-GG222 I'll be surprised.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lol people still being elitist about Brawl in this day and age. Also every attack IS punishable in this game therefore you should not attack. Why would you attack your opponent first when it makes you lose?

Btw this game is bad.

Dnyce

Smash Master
@ Fino - I don't like ****s in my *** enough for me to actually care about being good at this game anymore. Just saying.
I'm not sure how that gives you greater or less ability to win at the game. Perhaps you find something fundamentally flawed about its competitive aspects?

I mean... it's not hard to admit to being a casual player or novice. Making fun of the game because you lack the desire/will to get good at it seems childish.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

I'm not sure how that gives you greater or less ability to win at the game. Perhaps you find something fundamentally flawed about its competitive aspects?

I mean... it's not hard to admit to being a casual player or novice. Making fun of the game because you lack the desire/will to get good at it seems childish.
Okay, so you are basically saying you can not say **** about a game because someone is "not at your level" or is not and does not wish to be good?

And that is less childish how? People are merely pointing out an observation in Rob's game, and just as in anything else people are free to make said observations regardless of skill level. There is no reason to bash theorycraft, because practice is only observed. In the end logic is a better argument then experience, because one is less bias.

Nebraska is pretty free in Brawl though. Except when Tyser plays OOS apparently!?

gantrain05

Smash Master
I lost to MJG and Arty. It was brutal and was pretty free, if I recall correctly.
dude....i watched those matches with arty....you were def free, i don't think u knew what the **** to do against a good falco lol. i wanted to help but all i could do is /facepalm. shoulda just played MK he da bess.

THuGz

Smash Lord
My ZSS is top notch. I'm going to call johns until the one day that i can't call johns, if you know what I mean.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, if you get bored only playing those characters that's cool, but when you are at smashfests, you should focus on one or two characters until you start getting a better feel for the game.

Example. Tyser made me quit playing Sheik/Ness/the entire cast minus wolf basically because I wasn't good enough at the game to even think about competing against him because they would just get wrecked and it wasn't worth me playing as anyone other than Wolf/Luigi (or Marth if I got bored, Link if he was messing around with characters too).

Now that I feel better about the game I'm starting to learn how to play as high tier characters. Last night I started learning Diddy to help people out with match-ups around here (mostly because I hate the way MK/Snake/Falco/IC/Wario all feel).
yall better fuckin watch out for my pocket MK.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Okay, so you are basically saying you can not say **** about a game because someone is "not at your level" or is not and does not wish to be good?

And that is less childish how?
Level of understanding is what makes games so enjoyable. I think saying things like "I don't like ****s in my *** enough for me to actually care about being good at this game anymore. Just saying" is some sort of defense mechanism of pretending to be overall good at video games and not being good at this particular one. I'm not limiting his right to state his opinion, rather I'm pointing out that his opinion is somewhat ignorant and bypassing what he is actually trying to say "I am a casual player" or "I don't understand brawl enough to be good at it, so I won't bother trying."

So, to be clear... I never said he couldn't say **** about brawl - though nice try trolling.
People are merely pointing out an observation in Rob's game, and just as in anything else people are free to make said observations regardless of skill level.
Completely random point is completely random.

There is no reason to bash theorycraft, because practice is only observed. In the end logic is a better argument then experience, because one is less bias.
I strongly disagree here. Logic may be less bias, but experience is ultimately what matters. The best players in every game (that I know of) are never the most knowledgeable. You can apply logic all you want, but games with competitive depth throw most of it out the window. M2k said the reason he was able to beat azen is because azen always chose the best option. If logic is so good, azen should have consistently beaten m2k.

I guess my main point is, you can say logic is less bias... but experience yields better results in high level play. The two most common traits in the top players in every game (that I know of) are yomi and adaptability, neither of which logic is going to help you with. You can try as hard as you want to logically think of the best answer in a situation, but all it takes is some yomi on your opponents part to still win anyway. Did what he do make sense logically? no, but despite your logical calculations, who won?

tl;dr less bias =/= better

Unless you strictly meant that logic is only better in an argument, in which case I would also have to disagree since you have to base such logic off of seemingly illogical situations with illogical factors (such as reading, conditioning, adapting).

If you limit yourself to using only a small pool of your move set because 504badgateway theorist say that's what you should do, it makes you the most predictable / free person ever. lol, and then you get frustrated that you aren't getting better despite all the effort you put into theorycraft (instead of actually playing the game) ;o

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll respect the amount of effort you put into your points. I like being abrasive because the last time this happened was embarrassing, but your intentions are not so ill. My bad, its pretty constructive with you addressing things this way.

I'd say Rob still needs to just play completely safe with bair and laser and he will lame people out who are better then him. :3

I bet it happened at Brainshock.

gantrain05

Smash Master
u can gay people pretty well with gayzer and Bair, and yah ROB is definately getting better, if he learns to play more safe he'll be a serious contender in the future. even if tyser does troll hard on him.

THuGz

Smash Lord
(and thugz's chars are pretty beast too)

FUUUUUUUKKKKCCCCC VIIICCOOODODDOOONNNN AND TEEEETHHH

gantrain05

Smash Master
i dunno thugz, i only ever played u that one time at that one auras monthly that i showed up at.

i've played rob alot more lol.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I do alright. Rob is a scrub. I know exactly what he's gonna do, he just does all of the safe ****. So I guess he's kinda good.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I do alright. Rob is a scrub. I know exactly what he's gonna do, he just does all of the safe ****. So I guess he's kinda good.
I remember beating you in a pikachu ditto.... before I picked up pikachu...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I lose dittos all the time to people who don't play my main.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz I'm usually practicing stuff I'm bad at when I'm playing against you, unless I'm 3 stocking you, then you pissed me off for almost beating me the previous round.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Dynce is fino right? Because the closest I've come to ever playing you was you saying "hey wanna mm?" at brainshock, me saying "you're fino right?", then you saying "yeah, cmooooonnnn" clearly trying to hustle me. You have never played my Pikachu, and I'm pretty sure I could beat you a good percent of the time.

B-)

PS: before MRM changed his name to megarobman, his name was MJM for megajohnman.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok me and fino don't really ever see eye to eye, and he might even hate me, but that doesn't mean you're gonna be beating him a good percent of the time. he IS a very good smasher and until u have proven yourself like fino has im gonna have to say he'd probably just have his way with u.

i still hate u fino lol.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I only say that because i am VERY comfortable with the olimar matchup, both with mk and pikchu.

(Also, I consider good to be a minimum of around oh 15% =P)

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok well, i don't see how u could be all that comfortable with the olimar matchup considering there are 0 olimar mains or even people who play olimar at even a semi-good level.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
ITT: Thugz claims he's good, everyone else ****s all over him, Rob johnz, and no one actually talks about the next tourney. <3

So: if Kuares' tournament pulls through, I'm thinking the 12th of February might be the best option.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Meh. I was on vicodon, don't judge the things I say. And Aura you know I'm pro. I've definitely gotten better, and me being LOL i'm so good is just too fun not to do.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tourney matches really should only count.

for example, david has beaten me in most mm's we do, we go pretty even in friendlies, but i've won every tourney match.

What im getting at is that we play mms when we try to play serious, and still i cant play 100% unless its tournament. So imagine the fact that say you play fino in a friendly and beat him, cool. I have too, but i know that he wasnt that into it and it wasnt his olimar.

Do us all the favor and humble yourself.

Also thx thugz for the $

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dynce is fino right? Because the closest I've come to ever playing you was you saying "hey wanna mm?" at brainshock, me saying "you're fino right?", then you saying "yeah, cmooooonnnn" clearly trying to hustle me. You have never played my Pikachu, and I'm pretty sure I could beat you a good percent of the time.

B-)

PS: before MRM changed his name to megarobman, his name was MJM for megajohnman.
Actually it was "John J. Johningston" and that was instabanned because it was way too good and Tyser? Nick? someone was jealous of it and reported me.

Fino would eat your soul, he doesn't just keep jabbing you while you run into him like I do.

ITT: Thugz claims he's good, everyone else ****s all over him, Rob johnz, and no one actually talks about the next tourney. <3

So: if Kuares' tournament pulls through, I'm thinking the 12th of February might be the best option.
12th sounds like a good option, January is a busy month and it would have been 5 tourneys in 5 weeks now it's 5/6 weeks. That stuff with Thugz isn't johning, it's true. How am I supposed to practice shbairs and fairs? Against a computer? Nope. I'm trying to develop my wolf to where I am comfortable using every move he has, because I don't think Wolf has a bad move, other than his Up-B, but even that can be used.

Sorry it took me so long to get this up
You don't have to apologize, no one else is bothering to do it. I still want to see our set.

Top Bottom