• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It is most of the time, but the angle you get sent/knocked back against the sheild (clank) changes depending on a few things. Potentially a very safe move, but the game could decide otherwise.

GameGenie, you have a lot to work on before you should think you can beat me, let alone Fino, sorry bud.

Edit: @BPOW If you would have started biting instead of spot dodging you would have eaten lasers. I was waiting for bite attempts, but none really came. Nor did you trying to use your bike parts against me or to make frames longer.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Uploading is harder then it seems. I have to edit it, upgrade the quality, add in sweet music, then publish it, then upload it.

Anyways, sorry I could only get up one match. If you wanted me to, I could get up the rest of the set.

Next up, MegaRobMan (Wolf) vs DarkYoshi (Yoshi) Tourney Set

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
wolfs dash attack is not safe against his grab, but it is for sure his D-smash, not sure about F-Smash, I think we just clank.

Edit: Next post is 1000...damn that's a lot of posts about nothing. I've only recently been talking to the wolfs.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Wolf's dash attack is not safe against Olimar's f-smash, grab, d-smash, etc
I'd like to note how, none of those words you said were "shield"

so my statement still stands, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Arguing things that dashattack is not safe against doesn't change the fact that the move is still safe on shield...

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman

I'd like to note how, none of those words you said were "shield"

so my statement still stands, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Arguing things that dashattack is not safe against doesn't change the fact that the move is still safe on shield...
I'm saying that if you attack him while he tries to dash attack you, he's going to get punished. Which is exactly what happened. It doesn't matter if it's safe against shield if you aren't shielding.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'm saying that if you attack him while he tries to dash attack you, he's going to get punished. Which is exactly what happened. It doesn't matter if it's safe against shield if you aren't shielding.
So it's not a matter of wolf's dash attack being terrible, it's more Rob using it in incorrect situations.

I'm done arguing with scrubs
:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

gantrain05

Smash Master
why are people arguing about whether or not its ok to dash attack stuff....why would u dash attack olimar period, just seems like a dumb idea to me, especially wolfs dash attack, it has noticeable ending lag.

Dnyce

Smash Master
why would u dash attack olimar period, just seems like a dumb idea to me.
Cause around/over half the chars in the game have very viable dash attacks against olimar?

Just off the top of my head:
Diddy
Falco
Fox
Ike
DDD
Lucario
Lucas
Metaknight
Ness
Peach
Pit
Rob
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Yoshi
ZZS

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska Unoffical PR

1. Trollser :drmario:
2. Mega :rob: Man
3. D-Yosh :002:
4. Sm3esh :zerosuitsamus:
5. JBM :luigi:
6. Mexi :sheilda:
7. Gamegenie222 :kirby:
8. Math (nate) :dk:
9. Aura :ganondorf:
10. Thugz :ness:

Honorable mentions
BoredPeanut-#1 in our hearts, hasn't entered in forever
Trent-Will be back on if he goes to Jokers/UNK3/Auras/whatever
Sherman-Getting better, hasn't entered in forever
Cue-Still has it but doesn't enter
Magik-I'm just afraid of D3 :/ but doesn't enter

Yosh, Mega Man X, Bolun, the rest of Lincoln (Reed will be an excellent addition after Christmas)

Edit: As far as the next date for the tourney, Jokers is the like 15th or something, no koast is the 22nd, so we should do it the 5th so we don't have 3 tourneys in 3 different weekends.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman

So it's not a matter of wolf's dash attack being terrible, it's more Rob using it in incorrect situations.
Funny how Rob knows that that's exactly what I meant.

K, have fun being an *******.

Cause around/over half the chars in the game have very viable dash attacks against olimar?

Diddy
Falco
Fox
Ike
DDD
Lucario
Lucas
Metaknight
Ness
Peach
Pit
Rob
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Yoshi
ZZS
Oh welcome back.

PS Wolf isn't on that list.

gantrain05

Smash Master

Diddy
Falco
Fox
Ike
DDD
Lucario
Lucas
Metaknight
Ness
Peach
Pit
Rob
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Yoshi
ZZS

disagree, you're just punishing wrong. how can u say D3....has a viable dash attack against olimar....maybe if he Dthrows u and u stand there expecting another grab....and run into his dash attack?

falco,fox,ike,lucario,lucas,mk,ness all have enough ending lag on their dash attacks that even ganon can punish them,

u can jab peach in between her first and second hits of her dash attack.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I was going to have a tournament the 5th :X
Also I think Iowa was coming to this >.<

But is no surprise January is full of tourneys last year was the same so it seems the next one will have to be on February unless the one on the 5th doesn't work then yeah <(^.^<)

THuGz

Smash Lord
Just letting everyone know that I'm going to be the best PT in the midwest (unless reflex is in the midwest, in which case i'll settle for 2nd). I'm going to advance the metagame so hard. I'm already doing it. My lvl 9 cpu can attest to that. Of course, I'll still main Pika.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Just letting everyone know that I'm going to be the best PT in the midwest (unless reflex is in the midwest, in which case i'll settle for 2nd). I'm going to advance the metagame so hard. I'm already doing it. My lvl 9 cpu can attest to that. Of course, I'll still main Pika.
you'll have to beat my squirtle first, he's invincible....(just don't footstool him)

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Ivysaur is my best of the three. I love Squirtle so much but he's easy to get into predictable habits with. I still suck with Charizard, unfortunately >_______________<

Trent

Smash Champion
I wish people didn't settle for just "best character in the midwest"

Sure, it's a cool title, but if you haven't beaten anyone worth mentioning, it doesn't matter in the least bit.

gantrain05

Smash Master

Sure, it's a cool title, but if you haven't beaten anyone worth mentioning, it doesn't matter in the least bit.
i don't settle for that crap, im best ganon and best peach, i don't care what the naysayers think.....they dont know!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I was going to have a tournament the 5th :X
I mean, Aura hasn't set a date yet, it was just my suggestion.

Also I think Iowa was coming to this >.<

But is no surprise January is full of tourneys last year was the same so it seems the next one will have to be on February unless the one on the 5th doesn't work then yeah <(^.^<)
I mean, if Iowa doesn't come to Auras it may not even be worth having unless Kansas comes again. Again, if you do yours on the 5th we will reschedule or schedule differently.

Thugz also said he wants to prove he's #3 (#7 in todays message) in the state because that's where he belongs. I hope you become the best PT in the WORLD though.

This.

Is this still happening?? You don't have a lot of time to plan, son.
This.

Edit: Someone said massive smashfest on the 26th of December. I'm just not sure where.

Dnyce

Smash Master
K, have fun being an *******.
Have fun losing to mediocrity

504badgatewaytheorycraft

^^^

i don't settle for that crap, im best ganon and best peach, i don't care what the naysayers think.....they dont know!
Could very well be true, since neither character is capable of winning tournaments (besides locals), who is to say he isn't the best?

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i guess if fino thinks i'm just theory crafting and not talking thru actual experience he could be right. you can call me a scrub when u beat me in a tourney match tho fino, until then u can keep losing to joker ^_^

Dnyce

Smash Master
well i guess if fino thinks i'm just theory crafting and not talking thru actual experience he could be right. you can call me a scrub when u beat me in a tourney match tho fino, until then u can keep losing to joker ^_^
Every move in the game can be punished by Olimar
Therefore, no move in the game is viable against him
Thanks for enlightening me.
*reason why I don't like arguing with scrubs*

Also, I have beat you in tournament - kthnxbai

gantrain05

Smash Master
eh i don't remember tournaments from probably 2 years ago, which may or may not have even happened. plus i only argue with you cuz you're feisty and you fight back, i don't really hate you THAT much fino.

plus i like the way u strawman debates like "oh **** he's right, dash attack is always a ******** idea and anyone can punish it so therefor, i can counter every move in the game so none of them are viable"

but in reality all im saying is that why the hell would wolf or most any character for that matter just dash attack at olimar shield up or not unless you are in some form of a helpless state, in which case there is almost always a better option than a dash attack.

i only continue this argument because im awake at nearly 8 am and am extremely bored, and as i stated above i only hate you a little bit =3

Kuares

Pizza
As for my tournament plannings, I've got the exact venue in mind, I've diagramed where all the settle will be and I know the school has a ton of Tv's so all I'll need is Wii's. I also got all the thread stuffs written down in an email.

The only thing I have to do is find out if they're going to want a venue fee and then putting up a flyer up in the Lindale mall/Gamespot/Videogames Ect.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As for my tournament plannings, I've got the exact venue in mind, I've diagramed where all the settle will be and I know the school has a ton of Tv's so all I'll need is Wii's. I also got all the thread stuffs written down in an email.

The only thing I have to do is find out if they're going to want a venue fee and then putting up a flyer up in the Lindale mall/Gamespot/Videogames Ect.
Uh...good luck in 2 weeks?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
excellent, now we just need my set against you, Lux, 2 matches against BPOW and the IC's match against Fino
honestly I just want the IC matches, I need to figure that one out, but all of them would be cool, but yeah.

Edit: I found the IC matches against Lux, so good work mannn., though the Wario match is gone :/

Top Bottom