• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

Dnyce

Smash Master
Realistically, if there even is a side tournament, it will be Melee for obvious reasons.
I thought melee was a main event... hence why both brawl and melee are listed as $5 entry. I mean, it's not like we have a bunch of people... I'm sure if we pushed a bit we could have brawl/melee singles/dubs @ $5 and a ssb64 @ $1 or somethin. I was kinda looking forward to doing melee dubs... and maybe singles just to be a pot fill (since I hear some melee peeps enterin brawl O.o figure I return the favor, L).
Id definetly enter.
Hell yeah! =D

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
So I just read through three pages to say:

My boss scheduled me 12-7, and I've got finals to study for at some point.

Yessssssssss!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I just really hope I'm able to win at least one match. See you all tomorrow

Dnyce

Smash Master
We'll be a bit late... apparently there are going to be 30+mph winds traveling perpendicular to us. If we come across such winds we'll be taking caution/driving slower (obviously). I wrote down your number... but hopefully we won't be later .-.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uli-Way to eat chicken fingers and look all kinds of good.

Tyser-At first I was mad you didn't enter and was gonna be all Rob about it, but I honestly think you playing against everyone today instead of having the "pressure" of being in tourney was a good thing, a lot of people played against you, etc...good job. If I had beaten Lux maybe we could talk, but whatever. I didn't play a lot of friendlies today because of said excuse.

Greg-Way to rebound after game 1 in teams against Sm3esh and I. You played excellent against Scrub.

Scrub-I wish we would have played more matches, but yaknoz. GG talk, I liked the fact that you think you can buy Shining Force 3 from me. Thanks for the pretzels.

Joker-I was trying a lot of new things against you today and they started to work the 2nd match, but not to the point where I would have won. I've got a lot to work on with the snake match up.

Fino-For the record my Link ***** your falcon in the 3v3, If I had gotten that life off you with Link it would have gone different probably and I wouldn't have chosen Bowser as my 3rd person, but yaknow. Good **** in teams, we should have beat your Luigi b.s. team round.

(Lux)-Somewhere between "I hate you and IC's don't mean anything" and "Nice to meet you, thanks for coming, hopefully I'll see you at the next tourney". GG's, I just hate losing to Ice Climbers, and you telling me I am way better was nice, but it didn't give me 7 dollars or the knowledge that I have an IC deficiency.
There should be 2 matches against a Lucas, 2 matches against a Yoshi, 4 matches against a Wario (1 I was Luigi), 3 matches against IC's and 1 match against an Olimar on your Wii that are all mine. (fino post MM matches were the last 2).

Bpow -You got better, but I'm not going to lie, I wish I knew how to punish spot-dodging more, I knew it was coming a lot but I couldn't do anything about it. However, you got me way ready for Lux's Wario and I feel yours was way more challenging. You also made me switch to Luigi, but I'm not sure I couldn't have won that on Rainbow, against Wario I think it's doable.

Duck-I'm sad we didn't get to play friendlies but you beat me pretty badly in smash 64. I'll play it a bit more and see if I can't get more than 3 stocks out of 5 as my best next time.

Dark Yoshi-I wish you would have beaten the ROB and then beaten the IC's because Schism has had jokers computer for like 6 months hates playing Yoshi's so obviously (LUX) would too. Good 2nd match, it got closer, shoulda lazered more.

JBM-I think the next step is you actually play Brawl in between loses in Melee teams when there is a 10-15 minute wait. Excellent work in the car today, and don't take your loss to BPOW too badly, he got better. Also, at this point I'm happy you beat Mexi :mad:

Mexi-I'll talk to you in person. :mad:

NoM-Samus is a mean lady. Good stuff in teams.

Rockstar-Watch some of FAE's videos it will help you a lot he's really good. It sucks we played friendlies beforehand so I saw your Lucas but you didn't see my Wolf.

Smeesh-We need to play well in the same rounds instead of having individual efforts in a lot of them. I'll definitely team with you again.

Aura-Thanks for hosting and I'll be by to get my TV tomorrow. Hope you learned something about seeding and byes today.

Wang-Lucario's Roll is way too good.

GameGenie-Shoulda came, no johns on the weather.
Thugz-Shoulda came, no johns on the debate trip.
Lincoln friends-Should came, no johns on parents being home.
David-Shoulda came, no johns on the lack of a ride
Matt-Shoulda came, no johns on getting destroyed

Echo, you are excused because you were playing Mega Man.

This is pretty long so I'll give my input on my version of the PR at a later time. Fun tourney, thanks for coming Kansas and Iowa.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Characters used: :falcon::popo::luigi2::metaknight::marth::olimar: :random:

Yes, I at least won once with each one (including random ;o)

resTy

Smash Champion
Highlights of the tournament:
- Mexi quoting Matrix quotes.
- "Big D in the 515" or something like that.
- Beating people's mains with my random characters.
- Tournament ended at 9PM :')
- People raging at Brawl xD

DeLux

Notes:

IC's are unviable in teams
I am bad at teams.
My Wario is terrible. I am going to readjust my metagame back to, "I'm going to make you sit there and think about the choice you made of cping me to brinstar for 8 minutes" or maybe even drop climbers for a while to work on this character.
CGs dropped this tourney: 39 (that's a lot of second chances for you all :)) Yes I counted
It was "Dirty D in the 515". I'd say it were annoying, but then I main ICs so my opinion doesn't matter.
I'll get to uploading replays when I can.
The weather was bad, but we all made it home safe in Kansas.

I'll do shoutouts in results thread when it comes if it comes.

BPx

Smash Lord
Dirty d! The 515! The dsm! The dmi!

1. Joker - psh

2. Dnyce (Fino) - Congrats on 2nd man. You played really well, I thought the character selection at this tourney was... interesting? See you at No Koast probably.

3. (Lux) - You seem to really be getting good at the grab. I'm glad I atleast got you in the mirror because being IC'd is pretty demoralizing. Good **** man.

4. MegaRobMan - Good games. I got hella nervous last game and choked into fsmash mode. Good **** though, I was really worried against your luigi, next time a few friendlies maybe?

5. Bpow - terrible

5. Duck - Nice ROB, was fun playing doubles upstairs with you. You are too good at N64 >:|

7. Dark Yoshi - Only got to play a few friendlies, maybe next time?

7. JBM - Really close set man, good ****. That fart was too good lol. Sorry about not joining you on your break. Hope to see you melee kids at Joker's monthly?

9. Rockstar - Keep working on that Lucas and you'll get there. I'm glad you guys could make it, maybe I'll see you at some other random tourney.

13. Aura - Thanks for hosting the tournament again, it was fun. Atleast we didn't leave keys over there this time :)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah ggs guys.

I had a good time at this getting a little crunk before the tourney.

Tyser- I think i beat you in a brawl friendly? not sure but wtf shoulda entered singles mang.

Bpow- Happy bday man and congrats on beating me. Sry for Sding, Brawl is bad, and so is melee for allowing brinstar as a cp :(. Next time i gotcha B).

Fino- You ***** me in 64. I wish i played that game a bit more cuz its pretty fun. Gratz on getting 2nd.

Joker- Congrats on winning teams is singles, you play too good in NE.

Uli-Thanks for the god cards. GGz in melee friendlies as well.

Aura- Thanks for hosting the tournament even though the weather was bad we had a good tourney. GGz in brawl and melee friendlies wish we could have played some more brawl marth dittos.

Mexi- Gets butt ***** and goes home cuz his butt hurts. **** happens.

Greg- GGz man and congrats on teams. It seems as though my sticks (scizms) are too good.

Duck- I wish i got to play against rob more often. He seems mediocre and doable for marth so next time i'll hopefully do a bit better. GGz man.

Others- Thanks for showing up to the tourney.

PS- the more i play brawl the more i enjoy it, but then i play melee and i have way too much fun pressing alot of buttons, looking cool while doing it, and playing on dl64. Brawl has alot of **** games but competitively its still pretty fun. Hopefully no one decides to time me out so i don't quit this game.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Yeah awesome tourney for sure. Im gonna post some of the bracket vids soon for everyone who wasnt there to see. Happy birthday BPOW and good games everyone. Especially MegamanRob. Our friendlies were great, but you trashed me in the bracket set. What a day

THuGz

Smash Lord
BPow dude the first time I played you I didn't expect you to be good at all but then you played me with wario at brainshock and i couldn't tell if i was playing bad or if you got better, but it looks like you did some serious work. props broseph <3

resTy

Smash Champion
Brandon's signature "spotdodge -> Fsmash" was wrecking kids in singles.
I just sat there in amazement that it was working against everyone xD

DeLux

Shout out time:

1. Joker - Seriously dude, your character select screen needs BETTER music. I had to avoid your wii after my first match because it totally took me out of my game. Haha, kidding but time for the real shout out. Well, you more or less derailed me. Of the half dozen competitive snakes I've played in my limited tourney experience, yours was easily the best I've faced. I had a gameplan setup for how I'd play the matchup that usually works and then it didn't. So I changed it up, but that ended up going worse. If you're ever at a local tourney, you need to give me some practice on this match up. Nice clutch game 5 wins. Respect.

2. Dnyce (Fino) - I don't understand what you do with your Olimar lol. It doesn't make sense to me. I make one mistake and then I get my **** tossed around for all three stocks every time it seems like. Yet in the harder matchup against your MK, it's not as bad. Honestly, you probably could have won the entire thing, and I think you know that. In your defense, you had a lot of background **** that was totally unnecessary going on from IA, but it's Brawl so I guess that just happens. We'll get back to practicing and building our scene and starting taking tournaments. Good **** overall dude.

3. (Lux) - Stop dropping CGs you piece of crap. You dropped 10 grabs in the first match you lost. And in the second loss you dropped 7. Unacceptable.

4. MegaRobMan - I'll get those replays up when I get the chance. Playing your wolf was legit, especially the Wario v Wolf match on Brinstar. If you ever need IC practice at future tournaments, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to help. You seemed like an all around cool guy and I hope to see you at another later smash event.

5. Bpow - It's unfortunate for you that I secondaried Wario and caught on to the spot dodge to fsmash because I use that as a go to move myself. I think I got most of my grabs out of punishing that haha. I don't remember, was our ditto match up even close? I might drop IC's for a while and work exclusively on my Wario.

5. Duck - You probably would have won our set if I didn't pull that random clutch out of my ***. Good **** dude. Thanks for driving us and everything. I'm sorry how doubles turned out for you, but don't get discouraged because we'll find you a good partner.

7. Dark Yoshi - Your set with duck was easily the most intense set of the tournament. Even closer than GF. Legit ****, for a yoshi. I was impressed.

7. JBM - I think we friendlied in doubles. Wish we could have played some singles so I would have more to say.

9. NoM - I think I remember playing you in some friendlie doubles as well. Despite what Fino did to me in tournament, Olimar is hard countered by IC's. So when I blizz walled, that's why nothing was working. Match up, not playing ability.

9. Rockstar - Seriously dude, we need to get you a new controller. But I hope this tourney was some good exp for you. Charizard is not an IC's counter lol.

9. Smeesh - Even if the results didn't show it, your peach was legit, and I really had to think about what I wanted to do in the match up in order to win.

13. Aura - Thanks for hosting. With what we had to work with, this was actually a very smoothly run tournament, so props.

13. Wang - Keep practicing, you'll get there. My roommate mained Lucario, so I'm ridiculous at that match up.

Tyser - Nice quick friendly with you. You SHOULD have freaking played in tourney man.
Scrub - Should have played singles dude. You probably would have moneyed over me I'm willing to bet Good **** in teams though.
MJG - you suck for not coming and then demanding all kinds of dumb updates. See you over the winter break though.

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry.

BPx

Smash Lord
5. Bpow - It's unfortunate for you that I secondaried Wario and caught on to the spot dodge to fsmash because I use that as a go to move myself. I think I got most of my grabs out of punishing that haha. I don't remember, was our ditto match up even close? I might drop IC's for a while and work exclusively on my Wario.
Yeah, I have quite a few bad habits I need to iron out >.<
The match wasn't really closed, I 2-stocked you and grab released you into a fart. I felt so terrible doing that because it personally makes me rage a bit when I get grab released. I wish I would have gone MK against you in our set, I really just need to figure out that MU as Wario but there are no Iowa ICs :[ Good **** though, try to come to Joker's monthly?

DeLux

Ha, now I remember. Until I do some work, my Wario is mostly for show at this point. Every once in a while I pull out a victory here and there, but that's about it. I haven't really seriously sat down and worked on him like I have my IC's.

Give me a few months and then let's redo out dittos and see what kind of progress I can make :)

I don't know if can come out monthly, but when the KCK hosts tourney, you guys should come down.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Depends on weather and stuff, it's probably not gonna be til late January with JBM's tourney and No Koast and Jokers. I bet we end up with 12.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can't wait to see the videos also I finally got a Wii today. Now I can finally practice my DASCUS and other AT's.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Like always nice seeing everyone at the tourney and GG to all the people I played >.0

Kansas people: I didn't play most of you or talk to you just a few if I remember correctly, but it was nice meeting you guys ^.^

Special shoutout to Greg Dang for doing work on teams "Nothing for free" that's going to be Iowa's motto for now on Sekou >.<

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
:/ was hoping videos would be posted. I need video evidence of how stupid I get when I get into "I don't care I'm going to kill you no matter what" mode.

DeLux

:/ was hoping videos would be posted. I need video evidence of how stupid I get when I get into "I don't care I'm going to kill you no matter what" mode.
I'll get to it soon. I lost my cable to hook my stuff up atm. Worst case scenario, Rockstar is going to get my SD card and he'll post it.

Top Bottom