• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

resTy

Smash Champion
I for sure have volunteer work on Saturday from 1PM-7PM. Just got the call.

vietnamese after? need some PHO
Closest place to Aura's that has Pho is Saigon, and that place blows.
You guys can try Kim Son which is on 78th and Dodge. It's better than Saigon.
Then there's Gold Mountain which is yonder-ish but potentially worth it.
You guys can try the random Viet place, north of 72nd and Dodge near Smash Burger.
I've only been here once and it was five years ago. It was mediocre at best.
I would say either Gold or Kim would be best. Other places are trash tier IMHO.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All of you are lying and are coming, especially the people who are like 7 hours away with actual graduate studies to work on, johns.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know if i can make it, money johns and such =/ i feel like a ****, it seems like everyone is backing out last minute too. i might show up anyway, but i won't have money to actually enter the tourney.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
i don't know if i can make it, money johns and such =/ i feel like a ****, it seems like everyone is backing out last minute too. i might show up anyway, but i won't have money to actually enter the tourney.
Well I still need someone to bring my stuff that I left over at Joker's?

resTy

Smash Champion
So the class I was gonna volunteer for has an awkward grading system and it turns out I don't need to do any volunteer work or speeches at all and I'll still get an A-. I'm gonna bail out on volunteering this weekend. I'll be here dudes, I'm just not entering.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Possibly bad question, but I really need to ask since both Kansas and Iowa are coming from OoS: Why are people from Nebraska coming to this only to not enter? It's only $5 which is half for most entry fees and no venue fees. Just seems strange, but what do I know?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Possibly bad question, but I really need to ask since both Kansas and Iowa are coming from OoS: Why are people from Nebraska coming to this only to not enter? It's only $5 which is half for most entry fees and no venue fees. Just seems strange, but what do I know?
Because Nebraska is a Melee dominate state.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I got a letter from the DMV the other day, I opened and read it; they said they were SUCKERS!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
"I'm just here to support my friends" Johns
"Money" Johns
"You aren't good enough yet" Johns
"Joker is going to win anyway" Johns
"We don't want to develop a scene" Johns
"etc..." Johns

Actually, at most of the tournaments more people from Iowa don't enter and still hang out than people from Nebraska that just come hang out. I think most of Nebraska will enter because JBM wants to get recognized as the best smash player for all 3 games. Mexi will enter because he will convince someone to pay for him to enter. Uli will enter because he said he would last time I asked. Tyser will enter because if he doesn't I'll bring up the PR list. Smeesh said he's gonna enter to prove he's the best Peach in the area.
Trent will enter because there's no way he quit, especially if Fino is coming.

Thugz said he won't make it, I assume GG222 is going to enter and maybe when Reed comes back to the world Lincoln smash will come, but I'll ask them to come when I'm there friday at their show. Do David and Bob (the 2 guys from the last tournament) know about this?

DeLux

The first four Johns are answered by:

You can't walk on water if you're afraid to leave the boat.

Let the boys play :)

Dnyce

Smash Master
Ares should have priority because we already know/like him and he's competition
If my friend goes I will team with him, I was thinking of paying for Ares' Gas/Entry so I'd have a partner for teams. It's not that we don't have room, it's that he doesn't have money.

now... time for some...

HYPE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjjEMkNomRc

WHERE YOU FROM?!?

L

wait...

-_-

Trent will enter because there's no way he quit, especially if Fino is coming.
UNHYPE
**** Sonic, I'm not going now.

gantrain05

Smash Master
entree fee only 5 bucks? i might be able to enter then lol, im not gonna be able to eat for the entire time im gone, i guess i'll just have to win?? sure it could happen.

also is there confirmed what games gonna be there? is it gonna just be brawl/melee singles and brawl dubs or what? cuz i've heard alot of different opinions.

resTy

Smash Champion
Don't lose to Dark Yoshi anymore. When he's running, he will dash attack 8 times out of 10.
If he spot dodges, he's going to Smash immediately afterward like a scrub. All day, I promise.
When he's falling back to earth, he ALWAYS airdodges right next to you. Srsly, 100% of the time.
The kid isn't even good, but Brawlers in Nebraska think otherwise. It's confusing...

P.S. Why the hell are kids still up at 7AM? Doesn't make any sense xD

DeLux

also is there confirmed what games gonna be there? is it gonna just be brawl/melee singles and brawl dubs or what? cuz i've heard alot of different opinions.
I was under the impression we were doing something like:

Brawl Doubles

Brawl Singles

Brawl Low Tier

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
lol better use that NE song for a crew vid ^.^

Also

Brawl Doubles: 4 teams

Brawl Singles: 10 people

Brawl Low Tier: 20 people and only cause is a dollar otherwise 0 >.<

RMA'ed the memory because everything hates me. I only visit my house like once a week.
Also you somehow managed to get my AIM to autoblock you. So my phone was vibrating for like two hours without it telling me anything, super awesome.

On topic I'm not sure if I'll be able to come to this anymore, I have a project due next week for finals that I was supposed to start at the beginning of the semester I...haven't started on.:ohwell:
I'll see I guess.
lol he has a project now, ok mang since this is the only place I can get a hold of you since you seem to be avoiding me. What's the status on the computer? How much of it is done? Have you bought Windows7 for it? I hate to be a **** about it but I need that computer ASAP specially when everyone tells me that computer should have been done 2 weeks or so after I gave you the money. Also I'm going to figure out a date and I'm going to pick up whatever you have done cause last time you told me you had everything done except for Windows7.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

If my friend goes I will team with him, I was thinking of paying for Ares' Gas/Entry so I'd have a partner for teams. It's not that we don't have room, it's that he doesn't have money.

now... time for some...

HYPE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjjEMkNomRc

WHERE YOU FROM?!?

L

wait...

-_-

UNHYPE
**** Sonic, I'm not going now.
this video is so damn funny, I think I could make a better rap video
That video was interesting and funny. Rap today isn't rap, it's crap and I hate it I listen to underground rap and video game rap and R&B.

Here is a sample of a guy whose beats I like who I think is legit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPGD5nmNkQ

Redrapper is another good one who got hired by Capcom to do some for SSF4 for EVO along with some other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1VDHY6PIo =EVO 2k10 intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcNLeNeterQ&feature=related =Just blaze

So that's my two cent on some rap stuff.

Edit: They may be a possibly that I will be not be at this monthly cause my parents are worried about the snow this Saturday. I gonna still try to come though but this is a heads up.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fino and I are going to have a money match, just not sure what it is going to be yet...

Vote: Link V Falcon
Link V SoPo
3 V 3

Also, Aura, the melee tourney is gonna be the 8th/9th of January I believe, but JBM can tell you more about it saturday.

Dark Yosh isn't great but he's better than most of the people around here, especially if you don't play against someone enough to learn their bad habits.

resTy

Smash Champion
Dark Yosh isn't great but he's better than most of the people around here, especially if you don't play against someone enough to learn their bad habits.
I haven't played games with Dark Yosh in a while and even when I did, he played very amateurish. I didn't need to play against him a lot to learn his "bad habits;" it only took one game.

DeLux

Anyone want to throw away $5 and team with my Sopo in doubles? I am generally terrible to horrid at doubles play, so this is a great opportunity for someone looking to practice carrying a team =]

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Fino and I are going to have a money match, just not sure what it is going to be yet...

Vote: Link V Falcon
Link V SoPo
3 V 3

Also, Aura, the melee tourney is gonna be the 8th/9th of January I believe, but JBM can tell you more about it saturday.

I haven't played games with Dark Yosh in a while and even when I did, he played very amateurish. I didn't need to play against him a lot to learn his "bad habits;" it only took one game.
Great now I feel bad for losing to him a while back. I going to make it change pretty soon though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
you offered me 3v3 (no IC's) at kahoka, Link V SoPo was a joke.

And Tyser, not everyone is amazing at reading people like you are. Playing Melee reallllllllllllllllly helps with that, I'm noticing.

Dnyce

Smash Master
you offered me 3v3 (no IC's) at kahoka, Link V SoPo was a joke.

And Tyser, not everyone is amazing at reading people like you are. Playing Melee reallllllllllllllllly helps with that, I'm noticing.
Oh, a razer challenge. Yeah

Dnyce

Smash Master
SSB64 side event?
If I brought a 64 set-up + trollers, could we make this happen? I know one of the people in our car could bring another set-up as well.... just like $1 entry side event type of thing?

DeLux

The KCKrew is open for challenges at this tourney. Get 5, Get upstairs, serve up this ***** some cold ramen noodles.

resTy

Smash Champion
If I brought a 64 set-up + trollers, could we make this happen? I know one of the people in our car could bring another set-up as well.... just like $1 entry side event type of thing?
Realistically, if there even is a side tournament, it will be Melee for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom