• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Can the real Fizzle please stand up?

lol

Yesterday I brought Inspire [Wifi Lucario Main] and he did great <3 7th [tied with stauffy] in normal brackets and 4th in unranked singles.

Everyone loved his Lucario, Its a total beast and I'll have vids of him and myself up soon.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So I met the "missing" Kasai yesterday at TP3. He's a cool bro, I need to learn that Diddy MU >.<
And I got pwned by Havok, although luckily he gave me some pointers. He's a cool guy IRL
I now think the snake MU is possibly 45:55, but Marth is back on 40:60 on my list. D3 is still up for debate in my personal "MU list" book, which is a really weird list indeed.
I caught a croup cough today though, I sound terrible XP.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There are still people on this site that don't get the "Phil Nye" thing lol. I ought to change my name, but I think someone still has the stupid tag, which is why I opted for this in the first place.
Also, Timbers was out of his mind when he said that bair was terrible, it's my new big aerial that I've been using.

culexus・wau

There are still people on this site that don't get the "Phil Nye" thing lol. I ought to change my name, but I think someone still has the stupid tag, which is why I opted for this in the first place.
Also, Timbers was out of his mind when he said that bair was terrible, it's my new big aerial that I've been using.
Bair is the fsmash that covers the top part but whiffs below [off a SH at least]

Bair is also good whilst retreating VS characters with poor aerial speed/footspeed (depending on the situation)

But I like Nair better then bair <3 if nair's start speed/power/landing lag and fair's afterlag and range were combined it would be the most **** aerial ever.

culexus・wau

What about bair's hitbox range? That's what helps a lot, and it also has a really nice hitbox above it.
Like I said.

Bair is an Aerial Fsmash :)

Although I do wish it had less ending lag. it feels too me that Uair has less landing lag so I use that to answer Airdodges with the possible nair/dair? follow-up if the juggle had started high enough.

I have only done with certainty nair though.

Uair is a legit approach too if you dunno how to fair footstool like I do [and your opponent has bad reactionspeed/its used as a surprise]. You can jump right before the ground and you can only act right on your opponent, making footstools, jump + Dair [higher punish chance but very surprising], Jump + nair [if they were tall enough to get hit at the right %] Nair/dair [if they spotdodge] or even an Airdodge :).

wait, why am i posting tactical stuff in a social chat.

東方/Touhou Project

Discuss

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I also found it really effective against characters where you have to play really defensive, I've been able to time bair so I get the right effects when I want it, like the empty bair -> dash grab, or low lag bair -> fsmash. Full hop needs to be looked into more as lucario isn't really vulnerable underneath like other chars, plus it expands his option pool like soooooooo much lolol.

Oh, and people should watch the Junebug vs. Meep stream, the last kill of the set is soooooo funny lolzors.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I use it to punish, like peach fair (except she can zone better with it obv.) It actually comes out faster than peach fair (although not by much) and when you are jumping around, you can make it surprisingly unpredictable.

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just took what basically amounts to the SATs in Puerto Rico, had some funny quotes like "A winner enjoys music, poetry, sports, literature, sex and the world of nature." and I even got to compare chicken with gold (it sounded like the best option in context, I swear).

And to be somewhat topic related, I like Bair, one of my favorite moves actually. Sense I REALLY suck at explaining any tactics or anything of the like, I'll just say I use it mainly for surprise killing, among other things (I suck at being articulate).

Also, FlameWaveK, is the Touhou project a vertical shoot em' up? Cause I see Score and a time limit(?) but I see no ship lol. If so, I wanna get my hands on it :3

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Fullhop fair - dair - nair walls are legit. Mix it up with double jump, multiple dairs, and ff AD.

I use retreating bair edgeguards pretty often. Great range/hitbox makes it tough for them to hit through when spaced.

I wish people would use dash back b-reversed AS. Marth/MK runs in to fair/grab, you dash back and AS them.

Dash attack is really good when mixed into your game. Everyone does weak dash attack-utilt, but reverse grab is an even better option. Against some attacks, dash attack is the only thing you have time to do oos.

Ftilt is great... but only when spaced. Great for punishing landings when you don't have time to fsmash.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Bair is the fsmash that covers the top part but whiffs below [off a SH at least]

Bair is also good whilst retreating VS characters with poor aerial speed/footspeed (depending on the situation)

But I like Nair better then bair <3 if nair's start speed/power/landing lag and fair's afterlag and range were combined it would be the most **** aerial ever.
Doesn't fair start faster than Nair? If so, why would you want Nair's start speed?

Nair isn't even a fast aerial to begin with. It's pretty dang slow for a Nair, lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Fair is slower than nair.
On PSA, frame 5 is when a variable is set to "true". Variable 30, in this case, is the last frame when it's autocancelable (yes, this is true autocanceling), which is on frame 5
Frame 7 is when it actually activates, as the offensive collision is thus made.
I talked with Kirk about it, and that's how he said it worked.
The only thing I don't like about nair is the idea that it's like AD where you're stuck in an animation until it ends or when you hit the ground, which to a smart opponent actually lends itself to a tiny window where they could possibly punish when shielded. But then again, I was working on my hardcore camping basics, and I came to the conclusion that bair was pretty good, especially with the low end lag it had, framewise it's dependent on when you get it, but most of the time it is faster than uair in recovering from land lag, which is why you can almost autocancel into fsmash/utilt, except it's just slow enough where you see the arm retract. Also I found if properly spaced on the ground while in the right frame window, it is near unpunishable.
I also learned how to play snake more, and I think it's more in the 40:60/45:55 range. I took to the air loads more, and that helped a looooooot, I almost pretended that my lucario was a wario, except not nearly as good at weaving and being annoying lol. That and I learned to switch out ftilt and fsmash with more jab and utilt and grab.

culexus・wau

Doesn't fair start faster than Nair? If so, why would you want Nair's start speed?

Nair isn't even a fast aerial to begin with. It's pretty dang slow for a Nair, lol.
Faster by a few frames. check the frame data thread :>

always felt like a few frames faster to me anyhow.

and Dusk Touhou is a shooter... but its definitely not your average shmup.

Instead of a ship you are a little girl.

Instead of in space you are in a magical land [Gensokyo]

and instead of lots and lots and lots and lots of enemies shooting bullets.

Theres just LOTS OF BULLETS. You get extra points for being dangerously close to bullets [grazing] boss fights are
break the spell barrier while dodging the insane patterns of bullets.

I can send you torrents + patches if you want :3

EDIT:@Phil:... hmmm... interesting, nairs landing lag is very little, when I'm doing it near the ground I just tend to forget the long period of spinning exists. I'll try using bair more and see how it goes. get some vids uppp :C

EDITEDIT: Shouldn't we talk about in depth stuff like this in the Deep discussion thread?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh duh, I'm such a doop, thanks for reminding me Flame :D
Bair doesn't have autocancel, it has IASA frames, (think Ike's fair).
That's why if you time it right, you can cancel into stuff lol.
That's why I was able to do it that way.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord

IASA? when? also I do believe if you do it fast enough you can jump after sh bair.

****it only one person commented on touhou :<
I wouldnt know the exact frames, but i iirc you can land without lag while the aura is dispersing.

What's all this serious talk in my social?:mad:

...Well, if you want technical crap, I'm working on more strings/combos with Luc. So far I've got about three involving DThrow and and UThrow, but I won't post results till I'm done. :>

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
Yeah, you better run.

Incidentally one of my college courses this semester is taught by one Professor Riolo. Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!!!!

and Dusk Touhou is a shooter... but its definitely not your average shmup.

Instead of a ship you are a little girl.

Instead of in space you are in a magical land [Gensokyo]

and instead of lots and lots and lots and lots of enemies shooting bullets.

Theres just LOTS OF BULLETS. You get extra points for being dangerously close to bullets [grazing] boss fights are
break the spell barrier while dodging the insane patterns of bullets.

I can send you torrents + patches if you want :3
Sounds like a massive trip, and a fine one at that, DO WANT!!! (I love these kinds of games)

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
hey all, i'm a ddd main, but i started playing some lucario, and i really love playing with him, so i'll probably be hanging around these boards a lot. hopefully i'll get some vids uploaded of my lucario in the next week or two, i'd love to get him critiqued. i'll probs start going to tourneys soon, depending on my mood i may go all lucario or all ddd, haha. anyone from the new england area(specifically boston)? knowing about where some of these tourneys are at would be a great plus

hough123

Smash Ace
Hey guys, since no one commented on my post in deep discussion, I'll post here.

I'm thinking of getting back into Brawl, like for realz this time. I'm even making a post to come back with =)

Top Bottom