• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

hough123

Smash Ace
I posted my theory, but there's more to come later so watch out when you post =P

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I finally figured out why the averages on the MU chart and list thread for some characters is so off (besides bias). It's process. I'm so proud that the lucario boards finished ours the right way by attempting to discuss both sides and looking more carefully, as opposed to a "Okay guys, let's post a whole bunch of numbers" thread. It makes the numbers more meaningful, even though I disagree with the whole concept.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I finally figured out why the averages on the MU chart and list thread for some characters is so off (besides bias). It's process. I'm so proud that the lucario boards finished ours the right way by attempting to discuss both sides and looking more carefully, as opposed to a "Okay guys, let's post a whole bunch of numbers" thread. It makes the numbers more meaningful, even though I disagree with the whole concept.
Yes! Phil is proud of us. :) But in all seriousness we actually came together and did sometime for once. lol

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Yes! Phil is proud of us. :) But in all seriousness we actually came together and did sometime for once. lol
da power of intimidation by SCIENCE! lol.

but seriously. good job on finally finishing the MU chart guys.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Because they haven't figured out the power of simultaneous discussions, it really cuts through it without really missing much.
That and a lot of people are lazeh, and they just want to get some numbers up. The problem with the new thing that some boards are doing is that they are somewhat "averaging" the MUs, and some people don't know anything about them. That and there's the fear of "the stick in the mud", or the new guy posting wacky outliers to mess up numbers. In the MU thread, we can at least inform each other better why certain numbers are that way.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
****it.

I'm feeling depressed.

I've just realized until I find a Medication that works for me [crazy pills weeeee]

The amount of progress I can make now is little to none due to constant changes with the body and mind and all that.

I'm also not fit to be around people most likely due to how bull**** some of these meds are but yeah

and its really bothering me now ;/

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Flame D=
Unfortunately, I'm an optimist with no health problems, so I am unaware of what that feels like. It must be horrible for you. I hope that you and your doctor can find something that works for you for a long time.

Onto another topic; how many here have heard of Lockerz? I recently joined, and you get points for inviting people. (As it is an invite-only site.) You guys know where this is going =P
You buy free stuff with points you get by logging in, and answering a generic question. (Like what book should be turned into a movie?) They have awesome prizes like games and crap that you can get after 25 days of doing this. That's a free game a month. If you invite 20 people, you earn double points, and get a free tee-shirt. That brings the ratio down to a game every two weeks =P Anyway, I need your email to invite you, so pm me if you're interested.

Another topic time =D
No one has yet commented on my deep discussion post. I'd at least expect a derogatory, "U IZ RONG!" statement. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I spent a day working on that D=

Browny

Smash Hater
Onto another topic; how many here have heard of Lockerz? I recently joined, and you get points for inviting people. (As it is an invite-only site.) You guys know where this is going =P
You buy free stuff with points you get by logging in, and answering a generic question. (Like what book should be turned into a movie?) They have awesome prizes like games and crap that you can get after 25 days of doing this. That's a free game a month. If you invite 20 people, you earn double points, and get a free tee-shirt. That brings the ratio down to a game every two weeks =P Anyway, I need your email to invite you, so pm me if you're interested.
Sounds like a typical mass-email spamming list generator. Ive seen a few in my time, very typical.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
dis be the lucario boards hough. you only get worried if nobody brings it up again after 600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 millenia lol

hough123

Smash Ace
Sounds like a typical mass-email spamming list generator. Ive seen a few in my time, very typical.
They actually do send things out, but I can understand if you don't want to join. (I used my spam email to join.)
Also, I don't get email spam. Whatever, I knew this was a long shot =P

Aurasmash, I guess. I just want to talk about it, I want to talk in-depth about something.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
They actually do send things out, but I can understand if you don't want to join. (I used my spam email to join.)
Also, I don't get email spam. Whatever, I knew this was a long shot =P

Aurasmash, I guess. I just want to talk about it, I want to talk in-depth about something.
dun worry. Chances are, Phi1 will take a break from being a SCIENCE! mod, and address what you wrote.

he's cool that way :D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
College is owning me atm, I might address hough's thing later, but I also want to say I can't stress enough how good these boards have been, I won't name anyone/thing that goes on that I hear about, but I'm sure you guys know that there are still big problems with other boards, I think the only thing I can complain about is inactivity and lack of tourney motivation, and even then it's not undoable.
Lucario boards are where it's at.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
College has been fun, but it's kicking me in the the arse right now too.
And I've been outta the loop for a good bit, so I have no idea whats going on.

And recently theres been a good amount of lucario's doing well in tourneys (or so I have been told)
-t2

*Edit
I was walking down a hall in my friends dorm (secrest) and I over heard two guys talking about brawl and lucario among other things. And one guy brought up hearing something about BROVERSAL .
It made my month.

oh and some guy stopped by my room yesterday, and watched me and some friends playing brawl, then said that theres a tournament on Nov 6th up here at NAU. Is gonna be fun.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Because they haven't figured out the power of simultaneous discussions, it really cuts through it without really missing much.
That and a lot of people are lazeh, and they just want to get some numbers up. The problem with the new thing that some boards are doing is that they are somewhat "averaging" the MUs, and some people don't know anything about them. That and there's the fear of "the stick in the mud", or the new guy posting wacky outliers to mess up numbers. In the MU thread, we can at least inform each other better why certain numbers are that way.
Lazy people, bah.

I usually average the people that gave good reasoning and clearly understood the MU, I usually ignore people who posted truly BS stuff

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
College has been fun, but it's kicking me in the the arse right now too.
And I've been outta the loop for a good bit, so I have no idea whats going on.

And recently theres been a good amount of lucario's doing well in tourneys (or so I have been told)
-t2

*Edit
I was walking down a hall in my friends dorm (secrest) and I over heard two guys talking about brawl and lucario among other things. And one guy brought up hearing something about BROVERSAL .
It made my month.

oh and some guy stopped by my room yesterday, and watched me and some friends playing brawl, then said that theres a tournament on Nov 6th up here at NAU. Is gonna be fun.
This made my day too lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dangit P4, what did I tell you? GO AWAY! :p

Mewter

Smash Master
P3 is much cooler than you anyways.

I think I jsut discovered a technique that allows Lucario to shift momentum in the opposite direction while facing the same direction doing a B attack (instead of backwards, which is easier to perform). Has anyone else done this?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
P3 is much cooler than you anyways.

I think I jsut discovered a technique that allows Lucario to shift momentum in the opposite direction while facing the same direction doing a B attack (instead of backwards, which is easier to perform). Has anyone else done this?
uh okay? are you asking for me to be a **** to you?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
No. Internet sarcasm fails yet again. -_-
And that last bit was a genuine question to everyone in the thread.

Anyways, I'll have some videos up about it soon.

Edit:

Video Up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa0YzzoYrPw;

It's like a reverse B attack except you get to keep facing the same direction.
Let me know if this is already known. :)
We call this Broversal

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Top Bottom