• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Time to speculate: Nintendo is going to release Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia at the same time. Is this a one-off thing, or might we see Smash IV enjoy a similar treatment?
Wasn't it already confirmed for worldwide launch in October 2013?

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pokemon, just translate some text and names, add some filters for inappropriate names, maybe edit some stuff for censorship.

Smash, potentially need to translate text, hire voice actors and dub over whatever Japanese voices deemed necessary (probably the most difficult part), and whatever other changes.

Tl;dr: Nope.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Pokemon, just translate some text and names, add some filters for inappropriate names, maybe edit some stuff for censorship.

Smash, potentially need to translate text, hire voice actors and dub over whatever Japanese voices deemed necessary (probably the most difficult part), and whatever other changes.

Tl;dr: Nope.

Actually, as it turns out that Kid Icarus: Uprising was also launched worldwide within a couple of days of one another, so global SSB IV might be a safer bet than you think.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
3DS game vs Wii U game.

I just don't see it happening but who knows.

I would prefer to keep Japanese Time just to see people overreact and rage when secret characters are unlocked.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Talking about worldwide release on same date.

You don't remember Japan Time? People raged about ROB and Wolf being discovered.

"HERP DERP BERP, WHY IS ROB IN THIS GAME?!!!!1!1!1!1!! RIVEDBOFBROEPWUVPQJVDIDLNC."

"WOLF?! ANOTHER CLONE?!!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!!111! EJGRPFJEHWOWBMVXIIWJQ."

All real quotes, I promise.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm always mad, duh.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol Alex, you have the aussie in there (attila)

Whats with the pool being a double elim bracket though? I've never seen that before.

Good luck though :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
GL! If you can beat Attila then you can beat all of AUS :)
Inui logic (mathematics) doesn't apply to smash! Grrrrr! :p

But yeah, looks like you have FAE in your pool as well. Which is funny, considering I saw you two play on-line.

I don't see anyone else particularly notable in that bracket, you could potentially make it out of pools.

I get asked by more people every year to go to Apex. Maybe i should say yes on the condition that i get air-fares paid? :laugh: :chuckle:

Dunno who shyguy is. lets say FAE went on to beat Attila (which seems very likely). That will be an interesting MU. Doesn't Darn it, Attila, Allens and Apollo, I get you all confused and you're all no. 1 or no. 2 in your PRs! :mad:

Attila uses Snake, ICs and Falco. So yea, an interesting MU for FAE (even as ZSS, I believe), i'll be interested to see what happens.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Inui logic (mathematics) doesn't apply to smash! Grrrrr! :p
Dude, Attila has won so many tournaments here its not funny, he dominates here. If Alex can trash him then I doubt any of us will stand a chance against Alex.

I find that this Inui logic doesn't apply for use lower Australian players.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dude, Attila has won so many tournaments here its not funny, he dominates here. If Alex can trash him then I doubt any of us will stand a chance against Alex.

I find that this Inui logic doesn't apply for use lower Australian players.
:colorful: Well I can't prove it but that's how i feel. Oh well.

Went and saw all pools. Some of them are interesting. Others look brutal. ;p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can understand but Attila's skill gap from the rest of the country would really help Alex's case if he won.
Yeah true.

Anyway, Alex, i wouldn't worry about your pool. There are 4 slots up there, any one of them for you to nab to make it in to bracket. You should be fine. ^^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So many people hating on smash, some hating on just Brawl.

[insert something unpleasant here] this community if we can't actually band together for once and just try to get A smash game up there. The hatin' impresses no one.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So many people hating on smash, some hating on just Brawl.

[insert something unpleasant here] this community if we can't actually band together for once and just try to get A smash game up there. The hatin' impresses no one.
People have the right to express their opinion. Besides, Smash isn't really perceived as a game of skill on SRK (which isn't a Smash site).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
People have the right to express their opinion. Besides, Smash isn't really perceived as a game of skill on SRK (which isn't a Smash site).
I know but we have this idea that we have a god-like community when I just don't see it to be true, ya know?

People can dislike smash but it's the saying of it that it's trash and so on that just disrespects it's players. :(

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Alright, new discussion topic, folks:

Smash IV and you: Download, physical copy, or download code bought from a store?

I would prefer to have a downloaded version (possibly via download code, because I did that for Paper Mario: Sticker Star and had fun with it) on both the 3DS and the Wii U. ... Sweet Jesus, that's 100 bucks worth of game....

Well, except that I can take advantage of the WiiU Deluxe Digital Promotion! Yay me!

Mewtario

Smash Ace
As nice as physical copies are to show off, I have often found that after the first several months, Smash Brothers becomes a game where every now and then I want to **** around in it, but don't feel like it's worth the effort to get up and put the disc in.

The digital copy will solve this issue!

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Nintendo went from seemingly obsessing over undoing video game laziness, to making a console where the only reason its user needs to get up is to swap discs.

Dear Nintendo, I have an idea for a ROB 2.0 for you....

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I doubt the double layer disc format will be making a comeback but if it does I'll gladly take the digital download to avoid the eventual disc read errors from a dirty lens that afflicted my Wii.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
The Wii U discs are single-layered, last I heard.

I never had the dirty laser issue, which is fortunate because that was the only game I ever attended the midnight release for. Maybe I'll do the same thing via the Nintendo eShop for this one?

My router might hate me, though, for (presumably, assuming concurrent release dates) simultaneously downloading two retail games, and probably also using the same signal for my computer....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash would be one of the few games I would recommend for digital download only because EVERYONE wih a Wii U will probably own it.

But if the game's file size reaches the point where you need a hard drive to play it anyways, then yeah...

I just want some VC games.

Top Bottom