• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Not necessarily. Agree-ing to dis-agree is a very common compromise used between two separate parties to solve a problem. In this case, melee-ers and brawlers may prefer one game but that doesn't mean they have to bash the other. I just mean, respect that players for their decision. I hate when someone comes along and says "The whole problem is that brawlers decide to play brawl; brawl is so trash it shouldn't even have a community." When it comes right down to it, our communities could just say "I may not enjoy your game but i respect your decision to play it. IMO not supporting a game (or rather it's community) because you don't like it leads to arguments which only further divide a community.
I think this was more prevalent in the first 2 years, but not now. Or atleast I haven't heard any bashing to that extreme recently. I would love melee to be on the EVO tournament list even if brawl wasn't. That means the community will have a chance to be stronger when smash4U comes out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ack I missed it.

Wario, I don't understand ever fighting him what is better, he hits my shield and he is so mobile I can't punish him easily, how do I wall him out well with fair if he waits outside that range and waits for a punish. What is the best way to kill him?

Stage wise, how do you use Delfino for Lucario, usually I ban or avoid it but if brought here what should I look for to use or defend against other than walkoffs.

Out if shield what are some less used options I can use? I use jabs, grabs and tilts a lot.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A new year of love and hate. Mostly hate though.

...nvm, just all hate.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ack I missed it.

Wario, I don't understand ever fighting him what is better, he hits my shield and he is so mobile I can't punish him easily, how do I wall him out well with fair if he waits outside that range and waits for a punish. What is the best way to kill him?

Stage wise, how do you use Delfino for Lucario, usually I ban or avoid it but if brought here what should I look for to use or defend against other than walkoffs.

Out if shield what are some less used options I can use? I use jabs, grabs and tilts a lot.

Wario: Don't fAir. fAir is bad against mobile characters. bAir provides a better wall, sometimes uAir, too. fAir is an attack, not a wall. You can also throw a dAir to mess him up. fTilt up works well, too.

Delfino: I love this stage. I always take MK here. Abuse dAir as much as you can. Many attacks will slip through platforms both ways, you have more leeway for recovery, and each transformation brings new tricks (fTilt down/dTilt on sloped ground, wallclings to mess with opponent's rhythm, uTilt in corners, etc). Get comfortable with the camera movements to trick opponents into landing into an Aura Sphere. Many platforms mean a lot of chances to BAS people into sliding off and into a bad position.

This is to be expected from me, but if you want to practice making friends with stages, play on Rumble Falls a lot. A large amount of platforms, constant (but shifting) movement, a few hazards, and a couple tricky maneuvers. Practice all of them to master stages in general. Lucario loves stages.

Specific tricky maneuvers:

- Grab the ledge on the right side.
- Ignore the choke point by going offscreen and around the wall
- Eat the death spike and live
- Fall under the beginning platform

The death spike is great for learning how to tech and do grounded momentum cancelling. The row of spikes are great for practicing your air dodges. The downward spike is great for learning how your hurtboxes move with each attack. Actually, all the spikes are good for the last one.

The switches are great for expecting shifting stages or platform cancelling, as they change where or how you end up after attacking. There are many walls to practice being evasive with wallclings, jumps, and falls!

Then apply all of this to Delfino and strike fear into Meta Knights.

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
The best option for killing Wario is Uair because Fsmash is very easy to punsh for Wario , Bair is hard to land on Wario. Be careful with fart on your recovery. :)
My best CP for MK is Yoshi Island , i love fight MK on this stage.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think this was more prevalent in the first 2 years, but not now. Or atleast I haven't heard any bashing to that extreme recently. I would love melee to be on the EVO tournament list even if brawl wasn't. That means the community will have a chance to be stronger when smash4U comes out.
Uhhh, nope, I have a lot of places I frequent on the boards and melee vs. Brawl is definitely still there.

The problem is, if it was 'just' melee or 'just' brawl, it would be halving the community for the evo and giving one of those halves a new reason to bash the other game: "Ohh, your game sucks. We got in to the evo and you didn't. Shows the world thinks we're right and this game is superior, etc etc.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Every time I hear "Project M," the first thing to come to mind is Metroid: Other M, seeing as the team that made the game was called "Project M"....

P.S., socio-politico-economic is an incredibly fun word.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
If Wario is spamming Nair on you, shielding the second hit of it will net you a guaranteed punish with Utilt. #themoreyouknow :D

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I will cosign to RT and RR. To hell with Project Melee and then some. It's super lame.
also **** Project M, game super sucks. Yesh make Lucario an air based comboist/stringer into some insult to Street Fighter Ryu knock off. Too bad low mid high doesn't always combo like that crap in SF most of the time, good god. What a ****ing joke. RT nailed it, they want Melee 2.0 and the game choices and design are terrible. Like, I respect people who like it and play it, I won't hate on them, but god, I hate this game more than any of the other Smash games. Might be the only thing I actually hate smash related, like legit hate, See I giving in here RT.

Brawl- is the only hack I like and that is because it is siilly, not compeditve super serious.

Brawl players moved on, Melee people on the boards are immature morons who can't grow up and hold a stupid grudge at people for a game they hate.

I suppport coexistence, not this segregated bull. /rant after drinks.
Brawl's metagame is just campy and not fun. I believe that when a newcomer enters and tourney and realizes this, they're probably thinking "This is stupid. I just got timed out during my first tourney match."

Project:M...I tried it. I won't ****talk too much, because some people want it, and I can respect them..that being said, I don't like it and think it's dumb. They really are trying to make it Melee 2.0 (despite claims it is only "inspired" by Melee), but with odd design choices for the new characters. They could just...you know...PLAY MELEE.
It's no wonder the Smash community is so divided when comments like this are people's idea of "peaceful coexistence".

Like, if you don't see the irony of saying stuff like, "I don't hate the people who play these other games, but they play a totally stupid game that I legitimately hate, and they're immature morons who need to grow up. I support coexistence." then I don't even.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just don't think people realize what haters they are. You can't say, "I don't hate you, but the things you choose to do are dumb." and expect them to not be insulted. That seems like common sense to me, but I guess that's just lost on some people.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You need to read the context and understand what I said. Then rethink what you said.

I said I hate the game but I fully respect the people and don't go off bashing them for playing it, nor troll people for liking it. They get peaceful coexistence, I support them when they want it aka entering when they need 1 more, and I continue to avoid a game I don't enjoy playing.

Immature morons has nothing to do with that when you read I referred that to how the Melee boards come off, aka people spouting, "lets turn this into a Brawl bashing thread" Read the boards there, I go there off reports and lurking. Brawl boards doesn't have any of that toward melee, Melee keeps bringing the idea up, that's not opinion that's fact. Go search the Melee boards, then go search the Brawl boards, I guarantee the melee boards will beat it out by a mile and a half in numbers. Lumping them altogether is not "fair" I suppose.

Do I want coexistance, of course, but not everyone wants that or wants to make an effort to have that happen. I can openly say I hang out with smasher that hate brawl and I'm not offended. I can openly say I don't like P:M and they aren't offended. Yet, I willing help run these events, do I not like the game, yes, but I don't let that stop others from having fun.

If people get offended my preferences or others, then they need to learn tolerance and some form of understanding that not everyone is going to like what they do. Lighten up and just accept not everything works for everyone, hint: I don't like UMvC3, but I respect it and would host it if people asked me. People who openly troll and work on breaking this are the problem, not people who just hate their games, it's people who hate it and don't give two ****s about other people.

Sorry but no, if your trying to play me off, or Espy, as some intolerant biggot you better learn that people not liking a hobby doesn't mean they are ruining some form of coexistence nor showing some hatred to others because of that.

Yes you can hate a game and not hate the people playing it while supporting it. It's a hobby, hating people over that is completely ********.

/rant.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Believe it or not, a lot of the people who play these video games are young people. Young people are immature. To expect them not to be is foolish. It's one thing when you say "I don't like X game", but when you say "X game is stupid and dumb, and it's the worst game in the series", it is going to offend people. When you expect it not to, and call them immature for being offended, it does not encourage coexistence.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If it does, oh well, they need to get over it when someone has an opinion. You think I like people calling Bawrl a piece of ****? No, but I get over it and let them like and hate what they want.

Do I like their game? No, but I can still get along and help progress their community if I can. They need to get over the fact not everyone likes their game and thinks it bad/the worst at some level or degree. If they get offended, they should learn to not get offended. It's one thing to be passionate, it's another to be a human torch.

Listen, I know perfect coexistance is impossible, it's good to strive for getting at close as possible and maybe doing the impossible some day, but it's not going to happen. I can still encourage coexistence while not trolling them, refusing to host their game, helping support via money etc. Doing any of those would hurt it far more than someone getting offended because I don't like their game.

Just don't get offended and learn to cooperate even if you don't like another game or something, not everyone will do it but oh well as long as someone does then my job and others will be easier.

Age doesn't matter, it's just learning the concept.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The fact that you place yourself above them, as "more mature because I accept their game, when they don't accept mine" does not help your cause. Even though you're not wrong, it would be far more effective for you to just bite your tongue.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Because it's just another way of saying "this is a way I'm better than you, and you should be more like me". People do not like to change, and being told "you should change" is not generally well received. It's better to just do your thing, and lead by example.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I suppose.

In one sense it does sound arrogant, but I still stand that if people get offended that I say I think this way is better for handling communities on a video game.

That just seems wierd to me.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I feel like changing the topic of this thread to something more light-hearted and less argument-y as well as turning myself into a walking advertisement at the same time.

A few months ago, I mentioned my anticipation for an upcoming game centered around World War-era naval combat.

As it turns out, there were two destroyers built by the British within the time frame that the game takes place in that were named "HMS Jackal". Jackal, of course, being the species that our Lord and Savior Lucario is based on. I just thought that was something fun to note.

And, as I do some research, World of Warships looks like it's going to be surprisingly furry-friendly thanks to the British, because there were also two ships that can be included in the game named HMS Vixen (both destroyers), and possibly an HMS Fox (cruiser)....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Unfortunately, even if saying 'i don't like this game, it's a piece of bull' isn't offensive, saying 'the people playing it are just wasting their time/they shouldn't be playing this game' is extremely offensive.

And I actually know people on these boards who do that. :(

Steam

Smash Hero
the only thing that would get me riled up were the people that suggested that brawl be replaced by project M at tournies. thankfully it replaced melee instead... lol.

and come to think of it, a lot of the new characters in project M are pretty poorly designed.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I like Project M but I still prefer Brawl.

Like Luco I don't like the silly fighting, its just a video game. It is like the horse showing stuff, people with normal sized horses hate on us people who handle the miniatures :( .

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea, it's just not right to bash other people because of what they choose. If you're old enough to play a game like this competitively, you should have the maturity to respect it's players. :c

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I don't think anybody should bite their tongue. If you have a problem with me, tell me. Communication is key to everybody eventually getting along.

That said, I have no clue why my comment on /r/smashbros got 9 downvotes with no explanation as to why. It doesn't give off the vibe of "you're wrong" because there's no rebuttal. Instead, it gives off the vibe of "**** you, Brawl sucks, don't defend it."

This is where biting your tongue causes a lot of tension. You defend Brawl, you get attacked, and nobody bothers to give it a reason. They just do it to keep Brawl out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can hate what a person does, but still respect the person.

You can't honestly say you like everything your friends, families, etc. do...but you still respect them right? It's their right to make their own choices.

So again, I think Project:M is dumb, but that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean I hate the people playing it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You can hate what a person does, but still respect the person.

You can't honestly say you like everything your friends, families, etc. do...but you still respect them right? It's their right to make their own choices.

So again, I think Project:M is dumb, but that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean I hate the people playing it.

This. So, so much.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Stay the path guys. You'll become unable to get your point across if you keep being nice.

But on a serious note, just play whatever you want. Don't try to justify what you do unless you are hurting other people in the process.

Edit: Rukario who art thou. And why are you adding me?
Having removed rights suck **** when trying to make personal messages. :\

Top Bottom