• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario is A tier that is all.
If we weren't lazy, memorized %s that we can do shinanegans (footstool Snake out of Cypher with DAir first hit at 53%+ same stock -> footstool :p ), and if people practiced the techs he might be in top tier.

Also, the later the metagame Lucario pretty much gets better automatically due to living longer.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we weren't lazy, memorized %s that we can do shinanegans (footstool Snake out of Cypher with DAir first hit at 53%+ same stock -> footstool :p ), and if people practiced the techs he might be in top tier.

Also, the later the metagame Lucario pretty much gets better automatically due to living longer.
If you did all of that, Lucario really wouldn't move. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty much what RR said. You just combine the shield input with another input for a move you can do out of shield. Trela uses jump and roll a lot for it. He just does it so fast that the shield never actually happens.

Sonic has the same schtick with his spin cancels. :applejack:

Steam

Smash Hero

I started doing so much better with lucario once I realized he was an average character and he wasn't going to carry me anywhere.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario is just two spots shy of top tier. With a bit of work couldn't you guys see him getting there? Or am I still too idealistic?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Too idealistic. Honestly, the only thing I can see Lucario do now is go down, down, down.
That's the highest you guys will probably ever get as a character. :applejack:

Steam

Smash Hero
I truly believe lucario is a mid tier character... or at least borderline tier lol.

edit: now that i look at it, bottom of borderline tier suits him pretty well.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's black widows, wolf spiders, and brown reclusives in my area.

Two out of those 3 can be deadly. :urg:
Being from Australia, I laugh so bad when I see people talking about venomous creatures, with no offense intended. I just mean, Australia has no lions, bears or tigers. None of that. Our deadly creatures are all poison. Scorpions, spiders... We have the most venomous snake known living in the area directly east of Alice Springs (Alice Springs might actually be in that area). the Inland Taipan. I have no idea how to compare it except that the book I use for reference on snakes compares how venomous a snake is with the indian cobra Naja naja. The King Brown, which lives out here in the desert, is deadly. It will kill you in a matter of hours and the reason most people die is because there are no proper medical services for hundreds of miles/kilometres out here (aka you need the flying doctor to come out and take you to Ayers Rock or Alice Springs). Now, the King Brown is apparently 24% as toxic as this indian cobra Naja naja. The Inland taipan, which I was talking about earlier, is about 50 times as venomous as the Indian cobra naja naja.

You can see why I smile at these things.

My brother was in Israel for a year. While he was there, he saw this large black scorpion one day. He picked it up (He's been stung by one before when he nearly trod on it so he's not worried by scorpions anymore) and everyone around him gasped. "What's wrong", he asks. "Why, that's one of the most venomous scorpions in Israel!", one of his friends reply. "Huh... How long does it take to kill you?" My brother asks. "Oh, you don't die. Well, maybe you die, I dunno but no-one I know of has ever died from one. You just have to go to hospital, is all." My brother laughed at that. :p

I am barefoot while writing this report. Good thing King Brown snakes are nocturnal. :D

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I still don't understand where people continue to live in a country that is actively sending things out to kill them. It was used as a prison for a reason.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucario is fine where he is list wise.

Going up is not likely, personally don;t see anyone he is better than that is above him.

Going down, maybe but still meh and not likely either.

Keep him where he is imo.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lucario is just two spots shy of top tier. With a bit of work couldn't you guys see him getting there? Or am I still too idealistic?
I really hate to say it, but good fundemental traits can only get a character so far. The fact that he remained high tier threw all these years is because of the enormous amount of effort the players have put into him. And even then, he's slowly slipping.

Its a shame, but ya gotta except your limits sometimes.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lucario is much more solid than anyone in the mid tier, cuz even his bad matchups are very doable. He's just not a character that you get to have easy matchups with, like, ever. That's probably what holds him back from top tier, because you have to put the same amount of effort into beating mid/low tiers as you do against high/top tiers. He's good on the tier list right where he is. It's unlikely that he'll move more than a few spots up or down.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Lucario is much more solid than anyone in the mid tier, cuz even his bad matchups are very doable. He's just not a character that you get to have easy matchups with, like, ever. That's probably what holds him back from top tier, because you have to put the same amount of effort into beating mid/low tiers as you do against high/top tiers. He's good on the tier list right where he is. It's unlikely that he'll move more than a few spots up or down.
I agree. Lucario doesn't have any auto-win match-ups. I don't think he has an MU over or under 6-4. Except bowser.

Top Bottom