• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And they all live in Houston...what is this I don't even

Oh well, at least they'll have the Lucario matchup down, lol.

Why is the search down...I like laying down namesearch bait. ._.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Considering the site is unavailable during random times on random days for whatever random reason, I would hope it would be fixed soon.

Just kick the server a few times.

Or pour some liquids on it.

I'm sure one of those methods will fix it...or break it. The outcome is random.

There's food for thought, Ph1l. You learn something new every day. SCIENCE! rules.

I would know because OS iused to visit the ROB boards a bit, ages ago. He even created the infamous BGaWMU Thread.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
There's food for thought, Ph1l. You learn something new every day. SCIENCE! rules.

I would know because OS iused to visit the ROB boards a bit, ages ago. He even created the infamous BGaWMU Thread.
I didn't know we had a snake in my garden.

so i juggled it out of there =D

Steam

Smash Hero
Quick question: is it normal to have trouble against ROB? our local ROB main makes me feel like I suck D: (Even though I probably do suck)

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah when I don't get gimped I go about even. Still need to learn to deal with bair against my shield though.

His ftilt is pretty gay too.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Don't try to punish it.

Just run up, grab him, and throw him upwards.

Keep him in the air above you. ROB can't do crap if you're either below him or behind him and he's in the air.

So keep him in the air and juggle him with uthrow, dthrow, and uair.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Don't challenge bair directly.

ftilt means you aren't crossing up or aren't getting fast enough in the ground to air (and vice versa) mixup game in pressuring.

I always think of ROB as a DK with a better gimp game, projectiles, and better recovery, they both have to be pressured close. When you see nair, as crazy as it is, half the time you gotta just fair it, as usually your other options at the point he's trying to use it on you it's too late to retreat or AD most of the time and fair usually does the trick.

Like I said, crossup a bunch and dance a lot lol. utilt is really useful in the MU assuming you can get in and not hit shield. I would advise NOT using uthrow, it sends him in a weird height where it's not close enough to get a reliable punish in he gets sent really high for some odd reason, but at the same time the damage isn't worth it. Dthrow imo is your go-to throw.

Also, check out my amazing Lucario MU ratios:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=65498

Steam

Smash Hero
lol star Lucario.

I never even try to touch his bair. I've figured out it's safe.

I'll try to be more of a sneaky snake next time. Though Nair causes me no problems.

You also need to mention that DK can kill stuffs and has the "OMG I can die" factor :o

Steam

Smash Hero
Still there are 3 snakes on our PR. it's not like our rob has no snake exp. I also don't use snake at all.

and Lucario is too awesome to not use.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
tbh if DDD wants to make you approach with sideb, he's going to lose in the camp fight.

Now if he could spam gordos always instead of waddles, then we might have a problem...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Super accurate Lucario MUs
posted to the public at 10:46 PM on Thursday Apr 15, 2010
Ya im da bes

-MK: 0:100 ya he does tornado and **** stuff
-Snake: 35:65 outcamps and killz ya early, plus jab can shut out fair
-Diddy: 40:60 Ya Diddy too fast bananas go whizzoing and you're like "I can barely get one kill move on him lulz"
-Falco: 40:60 it's the great bird of ****, does ton o damage and can just run and do lazer pew pew kthanxbai
-ICs: 40:60 ya Ice ice baby
-Marth: 60:40 Marth sux
-Wario: 30:70 "Avoid the ****
**** them back"
~DMG
-DDD: 20:80 loooool **** offstage = ggs
-Pikachu: 80:20 what a dumb character he sux
-Olimar: 35:65 Yeah so purples > you
-Lucario: 0:100 Lucario loses no matter what cuz ditto is stupid that way
-G&W: 30:70 he's a cartoon you can't kill them lulz, plus bucket will eachu alive
-Pit: 60:40 Pit's silly 'cuz the best ones only do cool arrow looping gimmicky stuff and are liek "I'd totally liek date that hawt angel", bleh
-Toon Link: 30:70 see G&W
-ZSS: 60:40 cuz Snakeee said so
-Kirby: 0:100 It's not Kirby, it's Sakurai

-ROB: 60:40 It's a toy, you don't lose to toyz
-DK: 40:60 He can kill n' stuff
-Peach: 70:30 Lucario can liek kill in this MU so it's all goo
-Fox: 30:70 He's a wily fawks
-Luigi: 40:60 has the **** nair that will kick u in the fayce
-Wolf: 40:60 *shines* Can't let you do that Star Lucario
-Sheik: 30:70 secretly the best character in the game because she summons her melee counterpart to **** everyone with the secret combo input
-PT: 0:100 PT has the masterballz
-Sonic: 70:30 Sonic sux dtilt winz
-Ness: 60:40 Lucario is the Brawl equivalent to pedo bear otherwise it'd be 40:60
-Bowser: 30:70 Holy **** this guy killz!
-Lucas: 60:40 See Ness
-Ike: 35:65 liek he can jab his way to victory ggs
-Mario: 0:100 'cuz Zucco said it wuz
-Captain Falcon: 50:50 Man v. Wild
-Samus: 30:70 zair hits u it's so br0ken
-Jigglypuff: 30:70 Rollout too good
-Zelda: 70:30 Lucario lieks
-Link: 0:Ganon Only Link can defeat ganon
-Ganondorf: Link:0 Unlee Lynk can defeet ganun

verdict: Lucario is bad and u shud feel bad for using him
i dun can i get a pryze?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
phil im sry to am disappoint you

but DDD was voice by sakurai, so by simple logic DDD is more closely created in sakurais image

Steam

Smash Hero
I would AIM you flame (if you were talking to me) but I'm stuck with wii-net right now...

But we should be recording matches on tuesday so that would be even better.

Guys, I'M the freakin ROB main here. I know the matchups. Come to ME if you've got questions. >=(

Hell, I even own a ROB irl.

If you guys think a ROB will be all that aerial and leave his blindspots open, then you need to find some better ROBs. A good ROB main will rarely hop into the air. When he does, it will usually only be for a Nair kill, or to Fair **** you offstage. And even an average ROB main knows how to use and abuse his Gyro to interrupt/cancel/clank/outprioritize you. Especially when your per centage is low and Aura isn't kicking in to help you out, then they'll just rack up damage. In fact, the Lucario-ROB MU is about 50/50-55/50 in ROB's favor. But then again, that's probably only on the East Coast because the majority of ROB mains are situated in the VA/PA/NC/MD quad-state area.

See also: Spotdodge->DSmash.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, that's why you have to make the spots open with setups.

The sad thing is despite eating dsmash a lot I can't seem to get out of it consistently (it's supposed to be relatively easy to do too)

Yeah, that's why you have to make the spots open with setups.

The sad thing is despite eating dsmash a lot I can't seem to get out of it consistently (it's supposed to be relatively easy to do too)
A ROB might use a fueled Nair if he's desperate to prevent a tilt setup like UTilt. But it's too risky and so not at all that likely.

Yeah it's actually a bit to ROB's disadvantage if the opponent stays in DSmash for the whole duration of the attack. This is because the end lag on an "empty", that is to say, not hitting anybody, DSmash, is less than that of a fully-hitting DSmash. If you get stuck into the whole thing, try to DI so you end up close to the ROB so you can punish the full lag with something like Nair or FPG.

Top Bottom