• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah he mostly stays on the ground and keeps me out with Ftilt while being annoying with gyro and laser. His name is Bees if you know him.

Bess? Yeah, in fact, I do know him. Although I haven't seen any of his matches yet, so I don't know how good of a ROB he is.

Yeah, FTilt is ROB's best friend. But it shouldn't be abused because then you can PS it and grab him.

Ah. I completelly forgot about Jamn and t0mmy. Although, neither of them have been active tourney wise, and haven't made the ROB PR. But both of them are great ROBs nonetheless.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah t0mmy has a bad wrist (at least that's what he says), Jamn likes playing other characters more.

t0mmy's going to MLG so I hope he does well, he did pretty well @ EVO.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
but kirby fites like Sakurai, he slaps peepl and does silly little dances when he beets the bossez
but but sakurai invented brawl MK, and and tripping and adn DDDs fixed dthrow knock back which is hell gay!1!1!!!!!

Ugh. Well, we'll never get to see him stream since MLG didn't get permission to do so.

Or at least that's what I heard.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Nintendo said no stream...so...yea...if they still say no people gonna ***** more

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you best be trollin son

VVVV its a timing thing, you shield just before the hurtbox hits you

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Since I think GC guy is pro at the whole gaming affairs business, I believe his theory (since he owns a pretty successful gaming chain):
GameClucks wrote at 9:58 AM on Apr 16, 2010 :
A few things to maybe clear up on this...

1 - I am sure MLG has been at this for 4-6 months on Smash, maybe longer. So its not a "MLG should have started this sooner" issue most likely.

2 - Nothing in the article said "Nintendo said NO", it simply said, they have not secured the rights yet. That could mean a lot of things. Could mean Nintendo said NO, could mean its in negotiation, could mean Nintendo just hasnt got back to MLG yet... Its more likely the 2nd or 3rd one.
Nintendo is SLOW SLOW SLOW to do things. And by SLOW I mean a turtle looks FAST compared to them.
When I hit Nintendo up for sponsorship things, or leave a message for their PR group to get back to me, it takes months for them to get back to me to simply say No on something they knew they were not going to do 30 minutes after I asked about it.

So, while blaming Nintendo is the "easy" way to see this, its a Nintendo policy flow issue most likely, not that they said No (yet anyway).

And then I could be wrong and they told MLG to eat a fat one. *shrug* (but the article does not say that)

Sooo one thing to look forward to are the possibly recorded matches that might EVENTUALLY get released after the okay (I'm sure they'll be persistent).

Protip: On the offchance that you're about to get USmashed from below, you can use FPG when falling. It's risky, but since USmash actually extends ROB's frame, you can FPG with enough time to grab before the hitbox comes out and hit the ground for the release.

Steam

Smash Hero
are you saying it's possible to FPG starting in the air? what's this I don't even...

I know Psing is a timing thing but my reflexes are slower than rob's ftilt.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol "therealDSF"

i should sign up to mlg columbus as "Representative of dreamland" and wear a tux to the event

are you saying it's possible to FPG starting in the air? what's this I don't even...

Yep you can. The timings a bit more lax than that of PS, but you might still have trouble with it. And it's not reliable enough to try to use it even 3 times a match.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Still there are 3 snakes on our PR. it's not like our rob has no snake exp. I also don't use snake at all.

and Lucario is too awesome to not use.

As long as you are grounded on the 12th frame of Force Palm, it will grab. It doesn't matter if you start it in the air or on the ground.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
holy inappropriate touching batman

i didnt know that either

grabbing someone from just starting your frames in the air...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
So I got into reading western comics again.

I was reading right to left and I was confused for a few seconds.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
As long as you are grounded on the 12th frame of Force Palm, it will grab. It doesn't matter if you start it in the air or on the ground.
aka like so:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBAHw_mrqRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBAHw_mrqRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no not cancer, but merely the drugs he takes FOR the cancer are making him wacky

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
This made me realize that I generally recognize people by avatar, you changing it is like putting on an entirely new face to me.

Steam

Smash Hero
Good luck at your tourneyment SCIENCE!!!!! GUY. I will be practicing shield DI > Rising Dair OOS til my fingers bleed.

Top Bottom