• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: Those who plan to chain jacket with sheik

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
It was said before that you must do at least 2-3 attacks before chain jacketing, otherwise the game will freeze.

I was in a match with someone and had performed at least 20 attacks, probably 10 if AAA flurry counts as just one attack. Proceeded to chain jacket to edgeguard my opponent and then the game froze.

Hopefully its just a matter of waiting longer into the match as well, but if not chain jacket may (if it isn't already I dont know) end up being banned competitively. Just a warning

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It was said before that you must do at least 2-3 attacks before chain jacketing, otherwise the game will freeze.

I was in a match with someone and had performed at least 20 attacks, probably 10 if AAA flurry counts as just one attack. Proceeded to chain jacket to edgeguard my opponent and then the game froze.

Hopefully its just a matter of waiting longer into the match as well, but if not chain jacket may (if it isn't already I dont know) end up being banned competitively. Just a warning
Well I really don't know that much about chain jacking outside of the info listed in theses forums but I do know that it isn't banned.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think I already made a post in the chain jacket topic already about my game freezing even though it was near the end of both my and my opponent's stock.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It sometimes freezes randomly. Ryoko hasn't been able to determine the cause of this yet.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Well if that's the case then chain jacket cannot be used in a tournament setting as a random freezing will mean a instant disqualification.

I mean, you could use it but I wouldn't risk it.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
yh, thats the only reason I posted this. It would be a shame to be 2 stocks up in a serious match and then lose due to freezing.

Also i'm sure i am not the only one but before I could chain jacket I just used to SH chain because it gave the chain a different effect, so ppl who do this should also be wary in a serious match

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
SBR's official list (lol) says that if u freeze the wii you lose that game, but not the whole set/instant DQ. Regardless, I would imagine that most TO's would have a similar rule. Or that the Sheik main would just tell their opponent that they lose the game. Unless you're playing some whiney little kid it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I guess you can still use it if you want to.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i just figured out how to do it, whats really happening and a better way of explaining it is the chain comes out like RIGHT as shiek hits the ground...

it probably is more for show than anything but it is cool lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
chain jacket is really dumb so none of you should even bother with it at all
Gimpy...Please don't say things like that your words actually hold a lot of value and could effect people.

The chain jacket isn't very useful for edge guarding since it takes so much time to set up and such but it would be very effective for stall against character who are unable to get around the chain effectively.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
like the DACUS (or any attack for that matter) the chain jacket is useless if you cant use it consistently or at least 8/10 IMO.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chain Jacket is actually useful when mixed in with SH Chains (which you can vary the timing into both the ground and aerial versions). However, settting up the jacket itself is hard due to the frame perfection required and also requiring an appropriate attack being done before it. I'd personally say it's about as useful as the DACUS as it's similarly hard to do on command.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Official Ruleset said:
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
I hate to burst your bubbles

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The time would be better spent learning how to chainlock.

I now know that if you hit someone above you with the chain tip, they're instantly pulled into lock position. That helped me get the lock lots of times. Hard to hold though.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Just like brawl itself Sheik had been nerfed/given boobs and has stuff that regularly destroys the game.

boobs+melee-balls=brawl

Brawls boobs are the cause of tripping.

Top Bottom