• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Metaknight Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

Staco

Smash Champion
I dont like to play Snake.
The only things I can do is directly attack him, approaching doesnt work.
And nades. =/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The irony in this thread is overwhelming.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I find snake very annoying. his nades can extremely limit MK's options, and his ftilt is MK's worst enemy, not ot mention extremely early utilt kill. I try to stick to gimping him, but the snakes that I play are very cautious and use their nades carefully and snakedash often.

I find Link (o.o) actually sorta difficult except for the fact that I can gimp him well. i hate his projectiles, boomerang completely stops the tornado, bomb and arrow pisses me off. his fair autocancels, which is a great spacing tool, and zair is really annoying too.

I find G&W annoying because the turtle his aerials do more damage then MK's and can chain just as good as MK's, his smashes KO MK as VEEEEERY low percentages, and IMO his dtilt is very annoying. the range is orgasmic >_>

I find also find Falco very annoying because CG, automatic 30-40% on MK, has a variety of KIll move, has one of the best projectiles in the game, the laser, which forces MK to approach. and his spike works surprisingly often.

Just my 2 cents.

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
Falco: Lasers, camping. When falco gets ridiculous with the lasers, I just start planking.

Diddy: Bananas.

Olimar: Perfect camping, with his pikmin throwing, which lures you into his grab. And his grab range is half the stage >_> MK would be at a disadvantage if oli had a good recovery.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
The worst thing for me is playing a good, campy snake. Nade camping restricts your options so well, and shield -> ftilt will **** you if you ever make a mistake (which I do). A good snake (read: one that knows how to DI and recover properly) is hard to gimp, and will more than likely live for a very long time. One of the worst parts, though, is the setups snake can make at the edge when you're trying to recover. It's not hard to grab the ledge (usually), but it's really hard to get back on the stage and go on the offensive if the snake knows what they are doing. IMO, snake is mk's worst matchup.

I'll probably post more later on other bad matchups if someone else doesn't cover it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There is several issues

- Projectile spam

- Jump Breaks, cause this positions Meta Knight in a Punishment move of the opponent's favor

- characters such as DK, Snake, etc. with strong moves.

- Any character that can punish a blocked move on the ground (example. Meta Knight Up Bs from the ground. Zelda blocks and counter attacks with a Upsmash.)

- NinjaLink (LOL jk)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Any specifics on the jump release?
When Meta Knight is grabbed and then in the jump release animation, he floats down in that speed. And since you can't move until you land, you're open to any attack.

Take Fox for example. If Meta Knight is at high damage and is jump released, Fox can just run up and do a Upsmash, killing him at the process.

Meta Knight players can't do anything when this happens. We're completly open.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Dolphin slash has good knock back too, but the tippered fair is a lot more managable for the Marth player since it doesn't use your recovery lol.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against.

Thank you!
ha all u had to do to answer this question was look at the character u posted this thread about; metaknight. doesnt anyone think dittos are freaken hard? ha, its funny that the only matchup where mk actually needs skill to win is aganist himself. or whoever can dsmash faster :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ha all u had to do to answer this question was look at the character u posted this thread about; metaknight. doesnt anyone think dittos are freaken hard? ha, its funny that the only matchup where mk actually needs skill to win is aganist himself. or whoever can dsmash faster :p
Ditto matches don't really dermine skill. It just shows you're better in the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom